why can't ROCKSTAR give us a patch to fix to garbage

i tried running it as admin and with different compatibility modes

WHAT ELSE IS THERE????

Ghett0
  • Ghett0

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

This is some stupid sh*t. It worked on XP SP3, but for some reason it isn't working on Vista SP1. Rockstar needs a patch for Vista users.

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

only thing I can think of is .net 3.5 sp1 installed?

if you say the files are missing in the system32 file

Ghett0
  • Ghett0

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (logitechdog @ Feb 14 2009, 19:27)
only thing I can think of is .net 3.5 sp1 installed?

if you say the files are missing in the system32 file

Yup. Installed.

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:22 AM

well I don't know what your problem is Ghett0, but I have vista sp1 and never had a problem with it from when I installed it on 14dec...

maybe you should do a clean boot... that way you start fresh

I did notice you said... just checking if you have not done it this way... installed it in xp then booted over to vista sp1 and tried to run it from there?

and vista is a real copy isn't it as really msxml.dll should be allready installed on vista as it has .net 3.0 installed when you install the os...

This is some stupid sh*t. It worked on XP SP3, but for some reason it isn't working on Vista SP1. Rockstar needs a patch for Vista users.

Polarshark
  • Polarshark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

what about me?

my comp already came with vista sp1

updated to net framework 3.5

anyone has a clear solution to fix the ws10?

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

well the only thing you can do is go to the source, if nothing is working in this post...

http://forums.gamesf...lts.aspx?q=ws10

heres a question no one is using the xliveless are there?

kaspersky
  • kaspersky

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

yeah. try xliveless! it will remove the need for GFWL and it will solve your problem.

Polarshark
  • Polarshark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

can you plz give me the direct link to the solution

i'm having troubles finding it

kaspersky
  • kaspersky

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

Here: XLiveLess:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658

make sure you backup the original xlive.dll.

unpack the file xlive.dll into the game folder
copy savegames to the new location
run LaunchGTAIV.exe without RGSC.
I think it will solve the WS10 error.

report back to us if it's working or not.

Polarshark
  • Polarshark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

yep i solved it thx

Blackolaice
  • Blackolaice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

Instal Patch #2 it worked for me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ladladon
  • ladladon

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:57 AM Edited by Xcommunicated, 01 June 2009 - 07:16 AM.

THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION!!!!
PROBLEM SOLVED
*removed*

* It is VERY important to crack before patch

otherwise there is some other problem

ladladon
  • ladladon

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:02 AM Edited by Xcommunicated, 01 June 2009 - 07:15 AM.

PROBLEM SOLVED
*removed*

ladladon
  • ladladon

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:04 AM Edited by Xcommunicated, 01 June 2009 - 07:15 AM.

PROBLEM SOLVED
*removed*

Emsley
  • Emsley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (ladladon @ Jun 1 2009, 07:04)
PROBLEM SOLVED
*removed*

Hey,

Im using the 1.3 patch, getting the WS10 error, just re installing now.
Should I still use the razor crack?
I dont hold out much hope for thisworking, all my drivers are updated.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:23 AM

No, you should buy the f*cking game and not use a crack.

Emsley
  • Emsley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jun 5 2009, 07:23)

Well I fixed it anyway so if anyone wants to know how to fix the 1.3 patch issues let me know.

By the way mikey seeing as I have seen posts like yours a million if not a billion times over my ten years on the interent so I think I'm due back a little from the scene for my thousands upon thousands of pounds spent in the gaming industry.
And if you dont like that please point your self righteous noob ass to the nearest dick so that it may have it's way with you. I just did, it felt great.

Currently enjoying my cracked version of GTA4 with out all the bullsh*t protection and rockstar social club hogging my PCs ass,
Emsley.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

It's mkey, and yes, pirates are the lowest life form on these boards. Well, maybe only trolls are worse.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Emsley @ Jun 5 2009, 14:03)
QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jun 5 2009, 07:23)

Well I fixed it anyway so if anyone wants to know how to fix the 1.3 patch issues let me know.

By the way mikey seeing as I have seen posts like yours a million if not a billion times over my ten years on the interent so I think I'm due back a little from the scene for my thousands upon thousands of pounds spent in the gaming industry.
And if you dont like that please point your self righteous noob ass to the nearest dick so that it may have it's way with you. I just did, it felt great.

Currently enjoying my cracked version of GTA4 with out all the bullsh*t protection and rockstar social club hogging my PCs ass,
Emsley.

Well f*ck you too. You can go play your game for 10 minutes and then get stuck on a in game computer. Fine with me. I f*cking hope you enjoyed downloading 15 GB of material that people worked hard to make. You stupid wanker, can't even afford to buy a 30$ game.

powerrave
  • powerrave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

i had the problem as well and have broken my brain over how to get this fixed. as one and another said, i reinstalled games for windows live and updated it and now it works. still, now with the GFWL ingame, i cant log in into my account, so i still can not go online! thanks rockstar! thank you for teaming up with microsoft to let you're product FAIL! if i cant go online this week, then i am sure to say that it was a waste of money and that i should have stayed with the downloaded version.

mickeey
  • mickeey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

ok i suffered from WS10 for a long time, i spend days trying to fix it and know how to biggrin.gif

Ok my 1st install was on my xp sp3 machine, wich had fallout 3 on it, and GTA IV worked fine.
My 2nd install was on Vista32 SP1, and i constantly got the WS10, After giving up i decided to buy shadowrun (also a GFWL game)
and it installed the same GFWL "offline" client that fallout 3 did. After that no problems so my solution is this....
find an old game that is GFWL such as fallout 3 or shadowrun that has the offline client and install it.
That gets rid of your ws10!!!!!!!!!!!! and i garantee (sp) it will work EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL.
if you cant get the offline client from an old game then i dunno, go buy fallout 3 2nd hand for like $15.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (powerrave @ Jun 10 2009, 15:14)
i had the problem as well and have broken my brain over how to get this fixed. as one and another said, i reinstalled games for windows live and updated it and now it works. still, now with the GFWL ingame, i cant log in into my account, so i still can not go online! thanks rockstar! thank you for teaming up with microsoft to let you're product FAIL! if i cant go online this week, then i am sure to say that it was a waste of money and that i should have stayed with the downloaded version.

Can you log into RGSC? Have you tried creating a new GFWL account?

Nightblade622
  • Nightblade622

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:32 AM Edited by Nightblade622, 26 June 2009 - 10:26 AM.

QUOTE (mickeey @ Jun 10 2009, 22:55)
ok i suffered from WS10 for a long time, i spend days trying to fix it and know how to  biggrin.gif

Ok my 1st install was on my xp sp3 machine, wich had fallout 3 on it, and GTA IV worked fine.
My 2nd install was on Vista32 SP1, and i constantly got the WS10, After giving up i decided to buy shadowrun (also a GFWL game)
and it installed the same GFWL "offline" client that fallout 3 did.  After that no problems so my solution is this....
find an old game that is GFWL such as fallout 3 or shadowrun that has the offline client and install it.
That gets rid of your ws10!!!!!!!!!!!! and i garantee (sp) it will work EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL. 
if you cant get the offline client from an old game then i dunno, go buy fallout 3 2nd hand for like $15.

O.K i already have fallout 3, but its not installed on my vista sp1 machine which has my GTA IV on it. As far as im understanding, you say that i must install FO3 after i have GTAIV on my pc? Anything else specific that i must do? Because im hoping this will work. Otherwise ill be insane due to Rockstar's GTA IV

O.K I got it to work thanks to installing FO3 with the offline profile.

New Question: Can I get it to work with rockstar's (GTAIV_MAINTENANCE_UPDATE_1040_EFIGS) Apparently this update is suppose to redo alot of the files enabling smoother running etc, of the game... Iv got all the recommended specs except the processor (they recommend a quad core iv got a dual core e5200, which i must OC)

johnathon956
  • johnathon956

Jim Davidson fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:34 AM

xlive needs instlling

Latou
  • Latou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

After reading a whole bunch of problems etc, and since I am running Windows 7 64-bit, I wanted to give the game a try before I buy it... So I d/l a copy and it seemed to be going perfectly. This storry happens a couple of hours ago..

About an hour ago, I went to offgamers dot com and bought a digitally delivered License (I read everywhere that this website is legit), activated via LIVE, updated to the latest patch, and the game started asking for secuROM disc etc... So after a quick search, I bumped on the official No CD from SecuROM that didnt solve the case as it was for an EX version, and I also found the solution of Deamon Tools; otherwise I'd have to d/l 16Gb again and pay another hefty $40 via Steam to d/l and play it via Steam (which I consider a rip-off price for digitally delivered software). All registration and legitimate parts went fine, but then I came across that WS10 message. I tried to uninstall and re-install LIVE, but that didn't work.

Anyone else who tried it the same way, had to go playing without CD and faced that problems?

And before you start yelling at me about d/l etc.. Well, I always want to give a try to some controvertial games like GTA before I buy them. And in this case, I encountered this situation after going legit. So any help would be really appreciated smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

ps> I own the game since Xmas on my PS3, and it has nothing to do on graphics... the worst of all is that it does not take into account my SLi config and shows me only with 512Mb of vram.... but that's another issue

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Latou @ Aug 4 2009, 01:13)
the worst of all is that it does not take into account my SLi config and shows me only with 512Mb of vram.... but that's another issue

SLI is supported, but only theoretically. Also, 512x2 VRAM is actually only 512 VRAM as the VRAM in a SLI does NOT add up. In any game.

velocity90os
  • velocity90os

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 8 2008, 00:47)
This error indicates that a problem has occurred with Microsoft Live.

Uninstall Live, then re-install Live.

I tried doing what you said and it still wont work sad.gif
Uninstalled Live installed again,
Tryed different versions and stuff i dont know what else to do im desperate tounge.gif
Everything i try just ends up with getting the same exact error WS10
suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

DarkForceX
  • DarkForceX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:50 PM

Yes !, The problem started after the new version of Games For Windows Live released named: Games For Windows Live 3.0.

I had the same error becouse i have overwrited GFWL 3.0 over the older version. and this was the case, dont Overwrite the new version, but First Uninstall Microsoft Games For Windows Live from your Software list and then Install GFWL 3.0 directly AND IT WORKS !.

Thanks for the help !

DarkForceX devil.gif

rinuextreme
  • rinuextreme

Commander. RinuextremeŽ Productions.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

But if Live is uninstalled and re-installed every time we re-install the game, and if people have re-installed it several times, why isn't it still working?

Is there any other way?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users