GTA 4 PC Patch Now Being Certified By Microsoft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
835 replies to this topic
Chronine
  • Chronine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

Not trying to make anyone mad here but... Before you can guys can actually complain about the games performance issues you have to be running the recommended system requirements.. Almost everyone that has posted in these threads about performance are either running dual cores that barley meet the minimum, or dual cores that are below.... Then your running GPUs that aren't that great either... The system requirements have been floating around the internet for a little over a month now, you shouldn't have bought it if you took the time to read that and discovered that your PC probably couldn't run the game at med - high settings. R* is using M$ for added security against piracy... Stop Complaining..

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Chronine @ Dec 7 2008, 21:17)
Not trying to make anyone mad here but... Before you can guys can actually complain about the games performance issues you have to be running the recommended system requirements.. Almost everyone that has posted in these threads about performance are either running dual cores that barley meet the minimum, or dual cores that are below.... Then your running GPUs that aren't that great either... The system requirements have been floating around the internet for a little over a month now, you shouldn't have bought it if you took the time to read that and discovered that your PC probably couldn't run the game at med - high settings. R* is using M$ for added security against piracy... Stop Complaining..

Shut up, many people with very high end rigs (hell even some i7's or other high end quads with 280 or 4870X2's are having major issues).

Stop spewing worthless crap you pathetic waste of skin. Thank you.

Chronine
  • Chronine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Chevyboy @ Dec 7 2008, 21:20)

Shut up, many people with very high end rigs (hell even some i7's or other high end quads with 280 or 4870X2's are having major issues).

Really...? What kind of "Major Issues"?

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Chronine @ Dec 7 2008, 21:21)

Wow you really are a tool.

I'll take some pity on you since you seem too braindead to notice the many "my top of the line computer threads is getting dick for FPS if the game even starts" threads.

Your right tho, a 3.2+ Ghz quad or 4Ghz+ Duo with a 260 / 280 / 4870 / 4870X2 with a fully optimized system with all the bells and whistles kept in tip top shape should only be able to run the game at 20FPS or less (some have posted single digit screenshots) with all low settings IF they can even get the game to play at all. Brilliant!

I'm one of the lucky ones running the game great, however I am far from the norm in this case.

Go play in traffic.

*Oh and if you are serious about the "major problems" comment I suggest you open your eyes and/or remove the ballsac from your field of vision.

Chronine
  • Chronine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Chevyboy @ Dec 7 2008, 21:27)

I'll take some pity on you since you seem too braindead to notice the many "my top of the line computer threads is getting dick for FPS if the game even starts" threads.

Your right tho, a 3.2+ Ghz quad or 4Ghz+ Duo with a 260 / 280 / 4870 / 4870X2 with a fully optimized system with all the bells and whistles kept in tip top shape should only be able to run the game at 20FPS or less (some have posted single digit screenshots) with all low settings IF they can even get the game to play at all. Brilliant!

I'm one of the lucky ones running the game great, however I am far from the norm in this case.

Go play in traffic.

*Oh and if you are serious about the "major problems" comment I suggest you open your eyes and/or remove the ballsac from your field of vision.

I was referring to the people that barley meet specifications if you read the post.. ? This wasn't for people running the recommended requirements and still having problems... There probably running alot of Background Processes aswell.. There is no reason why a 3.2 C2D with 260/280 GTX should run at 20FPS or Lower on MED settings..

Stewerd
  • Stewerd

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

Will this patch even fix the low fps rate people are getting or is it just improvments to the editor and such stuff?

proh1
  • proh1

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Chronine @ Dec 7 2008, 21:35)

Go play in traffic.

I was referring to the people that barley meet specifications if you read the post.. ? This wasn't for people running the recommended requirements and still having problems... There probably running alot of Background Processes aswell.. There is no reason why a 3.2 C2D with 260/280 GTX should run at 20FPS or Lower on MED settings..

hey, shut the f*ck up. My PC far exceeds the recommended specs and Im still getting sh*tty FPS even when I set all the graphic settings to low.

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

And yet there are many high end rigs plagued with issues in this game.

Perhaps you shouldn't generalize so much? I realize you mentioned "low end barely meeting spec" rigs but you also implied that EVERYONE should stop complaining.

TwwIX
  • TwwIX

MTA Veteran

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

Go play in traffic.

How about reading the hundreds if not thousands of threads on several boards across the net,this included, before opening your mouth. Everybody is having performance issues regardless what their hardware may be. This is a buggy and poorly optimized game. Get it through your pea sized skulls already.

creat3d22
  • creat3d22

Habs fan, for about 2 weeks every year...

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

My thoughts exactly. A lot of people with high-end rigs are having problems, but there's also a flood of "Hey I got a sh*tty laptop or a video card from 2005, WHY CANT I RUN THIS GAME ROCKSTAR SUCKS!!1!" around here.

I'm lucky enough to be able to play without a hitch on a "minimum required" rig, but if it didn't work... it would be pretty obvious to me that the problem lies in my machine and not R*.

Oh and, yeah shut up you suck etc. Seems like that's all some people can say... don't people get taught manners anymore?

sladki
  • sladki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

I just wanna know if this patch will solve my texture missing problem :S[U][SIZE=7]

At the moment im in a dilema...
is it the game itself that is fcuking up all the textures or is it
my 1 gb of ram? :S
nvidia 8800 gt should do it after all! suicidal.gif sneaky2.gif suicidal.gif

sladki
  • sladki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

[/U]I just wanna know if this patch will solve my texture missing problem [U]

At the moment im in a dilema...
is it the game itself that is fcuking up all the textures or is it
my 1 gb of ram? :S
nvidia 8800 gt should do it after all suicidal.gif

DarkJee
  • DarkJee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

Sladki, I had a texture problem before, but I defragmented my Drive where GTA is installed and then no more texture problem wow.gif

chillum
  • chillum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

hey folks,
stop bashing Chronine so hard.

I think hes right, that the forum shouldn't be spammed by people who write funny things like :

"oh no gta does not run on my 7900 GS and xp 3000+ , do i need 2 gig of ram ? , 1 have 1.5 ... this should be fine, cuz CRYSIS and so runz just fine, f*cksh*t GTA R* f*ck f*ck"

I mean no offence to lower spec rig owners, but wtf ?!?!

Meet middle or at least minimum specs before complaining its not running.

I had a weaker system too some monts ago, (single core, 66gt inlove.gif ) but when i started a game and i was under or at the minimum specs to run the game, i didn't run into the next forum and spammed the sh*t out of my frustration about my SYSTEM .

People who can't start it are complaining about dont gettin it run.
People who can start it but get low fps are complaining about low fps.
People who get fps between 30 and 40 are complaining about the shadows.
People who don't care about the shadows are aomplaining about no AA. suicidal.gif

Everyones complaining nowadays. Even people who don't meet the minimum requirements for the game.

I know its frustrating for everyone of us, but keeping the forum clean helps rockstar to get a view over the situation and find the helpfull bug reports faster.

IV is a bad bad port, with way too much memory leaks and alot of ppl even can't start the game. So the patch will fix the start crash bug and some (or hopefully all) memory leaks, so most people can play it.

I think overall FPS will stay the same (stuttering does not affect fps in general) , they probably will improve them with the next patch.

I think its gonna get out tomorrow morning or afternoon.

so pls calm down smile.gif , only a few hours left smile.gif

so long
chillum

AndreasEr
  • AndreasEr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

I payed steam totaly 69.99$ for GTA IV, And i haven't been able to play it. If they but down the price before the texture bug is fixed i will get crazy.

smooth-orpeal
  • smooth-orpeal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (extender @ Dec 7 2008, 06:06)
I don't even see needs for the patch. Seriously. My game runs so smoothly, no texture problems, no lag, no bugs. Just perfect.

Is there a smiley with some middle finger action? devil.gif

paperheart
  • paperheart

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Go play in traffic.

you're as stupid as the game's glitches and bugs or whatever you call it. i doubt that you've not even bought this game yet. so please go suck some dicks would ya? don't step any further as we're all very disappointed and very sad people right now and we'll just f*ck you up all day long or whatever it takes to get this game running properly. thank you

A.I.R
  • A.I.R

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

Because is sunday duh colgate.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

Tone down the flaming please people!

eagle016
  • eagle016

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (chillum @ Dec 7 2008, 22:35)
hey folks,
stop bashing Chronine so hard.

I think hes right, that the forum shouldn't be spammed by people who write funny things like :

"oh no gta does not run on my 7900 GS and xp 3000+ , do i need 2 gig of ram ? , 1 have 1.5 ... this should be fine, cuz CRYSIS and so runz just fine, f*cksh*t GTA R* f*ck f*ck"

I mean no offence to lower spec rig owners, but wtf ?!?!

Meet middle or at least minimum specs before complaining its not running.

I had a weaker system too some monts ago, (single core, 66gt inlove.gif ) but when i started a game and i was under or at the minimum specs to run the game, i didn't run into the next forum and spammed the sh*t out of my frustration about my SYSTEM .

People who can't start it are complaining about dont gettin it run.
People who can start it but get low fps are complaining about low fps.
People who get fps between 30 and 40 are complaining about the shadows.
People who don't care about the shadows are aomplaining about no AA. suicidal.gif

Everyones complaining nowadays. Even people who don't meet the minimum requirements for the game.

I know its frustrating for everyone of us, but keeping the forum clean helps rockstar to get a view over the situation and find the helpfull bug reports faster.

IV is a bad bad port, with way too much memory leaks and alot of ppl even can't start the game. So the patch will fix the start crash bug and some (or hopefully all) memory leaks, so most people can play it.

I think overall FPS will stay the same (stuttering does not affect fps in general) , they probably will improve them with the next patch.

I think its gonna get out tomorrow morning or afternoon.

so pls calm down smile.gif , only a few hours left smile.gif

so long
chillum

Yea, I really can't stand coming in here and seeing 50 old and 100 new threads saying "Do I need 4GB RAM?", "Will xxx card be good enough?", "Should I use XP or Vista?", "I have a xxx CPU, is that alright?", etc.

With the amount of annoying/not -thought-out questions I'm just waiting to see a "Do I need to install the game to run it?" question.

You'd think that with the 100's of threads already asking the same thing they would know the answer to their question.

xavier00
  • xavier00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

who does not need a patch should not be in this forum (some ignorant people dont know what are fps etc) be happy with a ps2

Chronine
  • Chronine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:15 AM

Guys chill out some.. Some people replying get what i was trying to say, i wasn't talking about people with high end rigs not being able to run the game correctly.. That is another subject.. What i was saying only had to do with people that have P3s and GeForce 6100s trying to play GTA IV ... Yes i do have the game, i have it on ps3 and pc ... The difference between not meeting specs with low fps and going above specs and still getting sh*tty fps is 2 completely different subjects.

$[email protected]

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

I wish i got the 360 version now, at least i had the DLC to look forward too instead of a buggy, port job with files left over from testing... nervous.gif

Kekelao
  • Kekelao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:25 AM

Go play in traffic.

i am over requirements by quite abit. why does it run like complete hell for me then?

Chronine
  • Chronine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:32 AM

i am over requirements by quite abit. why does it run like complete hell for me then?

What exactly are you specs? A number of things can cause it to run slow, background processes can kill the game if your only using 2gb of ram. You should try closing all unnecessary programs running on your computer.

Elvir180
  • Elvir180

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

i hope this patch will work.
who ever gets the message DD3D50 message me.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:50 AM

You kids need to calm down.
Microslop can take for ever
certifying software.

This could actually take months or more.

Especially if Rockstar ever made fun of microslop
We all know they make fun of everything.
and that's what's beautiful about this company.

NYHoustonman
  • NYHoustonman

Bloated Shiznack

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Chronine @ Dec 8 2008, 06:32)

What exactly are you specs? A number of things can cause it to run slow, background processes can kill the game if your only using 2gb of ram. You should try closing all unnecessary programs running on your computer.

The game has a memory leak. Period. GTFO of the thread if you're going to blame users for absolutely inept programming on the part of R*.

Kurgen
  • Kurgen

Old Git

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (NYHoustonman @ Dec 8 2008, 07:21)
QUOTE (Chronine @ Dec 8 2008, 06:32)

The game has a memory leak. Period. GTFO of the thread if you're going to blame users for absolutely inept programming on the part of R*.

Whoa there buddy... Memory leak or not, he's asking a perfectly legitimate question, and providing very pertinent info regarding background processes. If a user posts discontent at the game's performance, it's only reasonable that said user should give details of their hardware/software config. It's how these things get (hopefully) fixed.

I see this every day in our workshop - someone buys a PC from us, and three weeks down the line they're on the phone complaining how badly it runs. They bring it in to us, we fire it up, only to be confronted with umpteen programs running in the background, probably (most likely) some spyware/trojans, and usually more than one "flavour" of internet security software, which in itself can cripple a perfectly capable system. Of course, this is the kind of thing they "neglect to mention" on the phone. You have to ask - they won't tell otherwise, and even then...

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:51 AM

OK, a lot of people having problems have them because they don't know what they are doing so they fail to meet basic requirements about service packs, frameworks, disk management. But there are loads of people who DO know what they are ding and still can't run it.

It's safe to say that even if you are inept around your PC but run most new games without issues and still have problems with GTA IV then it's not your fault - GTA IV is a bit f*cked.

So let's stop generalizing and let's give people their birth given right to bitch and moan. Even if it's tearing the forum apart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users