835 replies to this topic
Shof
  • Shof

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Socratatus @ Dec 7 2008, 04:18)
Interesting how PC Patches are normally rleased once done by Devs, but now Microsoft have to look at it first. Why? Are they gonna whisper that the Patch is too good and shows up the 360 version so they need to take it back and `fix` it?

Expect further delays.

maybe it has to do with reworking the social club/games for live so that they can figure out how many amount is patched vs. unpatched

Drag_Drift
  • Drag_Drift

I'll rape you with a broomstick.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (slowrider @ Dec 7 2008, 00:50)
it's microsoft. what did you expect?

They're checking for 'Hot Coffee' traces.

Lol. It's microsoft. They spend millions on sh*t and take forever to launch something.

blackforce
  • blackforce

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Turdist @ Dec 7 2008, 01:11)
QUOTE (SmellyJelly @ Dec 7 2008, 00:54)
Are you guys serious? I know you're eager to have to patch, but give them some time. The game has been out for only 3-4 days, and personally I'm impressed how quickly Rockstar is working.

I'm not referring to everyone, just those complaining that it's taking too long.

They are f*cktards. They could have done all this sh*t WAYYY before release. takes the piss. just rushing the game out so its under the tree for xmas. then all of us that got it on release date have to wait like f*cking pricks for a patch coz the game obviously is not finished. Its f*cking BS man, f*cking BS.

damm all you do is cry shut the f*ck up retard, and wait, how old are you anyway? like 13

blackforce
  • blackforce

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Dodge34 @ Dec 7 2008, 04:06)
First Microsoft need to add some bugs, glitches and problems before releasing, they do that to everything they release and certify and I wouldn't be surprised if the bugs and crash of GTA4 where due to the GFWL thing.

it don't matter when you get it all you retards are going to do is say rockstar made the game worse i, bla bla i been ripped off bla bla i want my money back, or microsoft messed it up, what you and others need to be doing is go buy some hardware, cause a patch is sure not going to help you lol

extender
  • extender

W00t

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:06 AM

I don't even see needs for the patch. Seriously. My game runs so smoothly, no texture problems, no lag, no bugs. Just perfect.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (blackforce @ Dec 7 2008, 00:53)
damm all you do is cry shut the f*ck up retard, and wait, how old are you anyway? like 13

Irony on this board is such a tasty treat. lol.gif

Anyway, I hope the patch works out, as many of us in the machinima community are anticipating a working game. There seems to be one in our group that is not having any problems, but we think he made some other "deals" early in life anyway...

r0b
  • r0b

Mark Chump & Proud.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:29 AM

i can't wait for this patch, like everyone else, i just hope it fixes the memory overload, i've only had my dual core 4800+ a year and a half, it's depressing thinking about upgrading so soon when every other new game runs fine, TR Underworld, COD 5, Crysis etc.

but also, if the patch doesn't fix much, R* are pretty f*cked besides losing a lot of fans, it would probably mean they wouldn't ever bring the next GTA out on PC

fjl
  • fjl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (nitro_hedgehog @ Dec 7 2008, 01:03)
this is why i'm so happy about valve. they are a reputable company who aren't stuck up Microsoft's ass. GFWL causes far more problems than it "solves."

Umm, no. When VALVe decided to go the way of Steam, everyone thought they where crazy. When it first went beta, it was the buggiest piece of crap ever. Then when they forced Steam on everyone and it's requirement of live connection everyone cried foul and called them jews looking out only to make money. Everyone hated them for all encryption implemented in there games.

After time, they fixed all the bugs, live connection requirements and just about everything. Finally they got it right. It took a while and many updates to become what it is now. VALVe isn't holy with their steam program but eventually people accepted it.

Rockstar knows they have problems, they are fixing them. It's not like they are out only to make money. That is one of their motives. They are after all a company.

fjl
  • fjl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (r0b @ Dec 7 2008, 06:29)
if the patch doesn't fix much, R* are pretty f*cked besides losing a lot of fans, it would probably mean they wouldn't ever bring the next GTA out on PC

You sure put a lot riding on this patch. I really doubt that if this patch doesn't fix all the problems will it bankrupt Rockstar or keep them from ever working on PC games again.

r0b
  • r0b

Mark Chump & Proud.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:19 AM

it won't bankrupt them, afterall we all paid for the game, but it will be one serious kick in the balls for them, one which i would imagine all the other game companies out there won't let them forget in a hurry

dirty-dog
  • dirty-dog

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (proh1 @ Dec 7 2008, 00:48)
Why is it taking so long for them to certify it?!?

I doubt the patch will make much difference so I wouldn't get your hopes up anyway. R* evidently think the game is basically fine and most problems are down to the user, going by the IGN interview.

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (dirty-dog @ Dec 7 2008, 14:41)
R* evidently think the game is basically fine and most problems are down to the user, going by the IGN interview.

And they should be blamed for releasing an unflexible game that doesn't even run very well on most PCs.

Seriously, imo this patch won't fix anything major, and the only thing you can see about performance is the (video ?) memory optimization. It won't also fix the overload CPU usage though.

dirty-dog
  • dirty-dog

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:24 AM Edited by dirty-dog, 07 December 2008 - 08:30 AM.

QUOTE (One-time @ Dec 7 2008, 07:49)
And they should be blamed for releasing an unflexible game that doesn't even run very well on most PCs.

I agree.

Seriously, imo this patch won't fix anything major, and the only thing you can see about performance is the (video ?) memory optimization. It won't also fix the overload CPU usage though.

Overload CPU usage?

What seems to be the case with this game is that on dual core CPUs, it uses around 100% CPU but doesn't stress your GPU - ie. it is CPU limited.

On my Q6600 it uses around 60% CPU. If I overclock the CPU, the fps does not increase. All that happens is, CPU usage goes down. That is with a 9600GT @ 1280x1024. So if you have a quad, it seems that the GPU is the bottleneck. If I overclock my GPU, or run at a lower resolution, fps increases quite a lot.

If that is what you are referring to then a patch won't change anything because it's the way the game is coded. It needs three cores to run at its best, like the console versions.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (dirty-dog @ Dec 7 2008, 18:54)
If that is what you are referring to then a patch won't change anything because it's the way the game is coded. It needs three cores to run at its best, like the console versions.

Which would point to something in the porting process not being done properly whether by laziness or just some technical barrier right? Given the difference between the consoles processors and PC's. Something hasn't been translated to make use of the way a PC processor works, the way most proper PC games do. I guess its like the case with Console Emulators on the PC. You require a much beefier system to emulate the seemingly low components of whatever console it emulates.

themasher729
  • themasher729

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

We need to let Msoft work on it so they can leave backdoor so hackers can get in and mod the game to work like it is supposed to in the first place

dirty-dog
  • dirty-dog

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Dec 7 2008, 08:52)
QUOTE (dirty-dog @ Dec 7 2008, 18:54)

Which would point to something in the porting process not being done properly whether by laziness or just some technical barrier right? Given the difference between the consoles processors and PC's. Something hasn't been translated to make use of the way a PC processor works, the way most proper PC games do. I guess its like the case with Console Emulators on the PC. You require a much beefier system to emulate the seemingly low components of whatever console it emulates.

I agree it is a poor port. The system requirements as given by R* are completely off as well. You could say they are downright dishonest.

However, it does run reasonably well on a quad system coupled with a decent GPU, at least provided you don't run at uber resolutions.

I would say minimum requirements are more like a core 2 duo 3GHz and 3870 or 9600GT, and recommended is quad 2.4 (as now) with an 8800GT/9800GT or above.

sladki
  • sladki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

I just wanna know if this patch will solve my texture missing problem :S

At the moment im in a dilema...
is it the game itself that is fcuking up all the textures or is it
my 1 gb of ram? :S
nvidia 8800 gt should do it after all! sneaky2.gif sneaky2.gif

NecroViolator
  • NecroViolator

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:29 PM Edited by NecroViolator, 07 December 2008 - 12:35 PM.

Any INFO on the GFX fixes, like turning Bloom OFF or something like it ???
Pixelated retarded portapotty...

Mircosoft will Certify the patch on a 20 Teraflop computer, so NO slow downs or crappy GFX for them...

i_speel_good
  • i_speel_good

My nick's short is Speel.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:58 PM

Wait, you have to download the patch through the GFWL app?

WHAT THE HELL!? GFWL ISN'T SUPPORTED IN MY COUNTRY AND I CAN'T LOG INTO THE APP! DAMN YOU MICROSOFT, DAMN YOU!

Jc84144
  • Jc84144

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (i_speel_good @ Dec 7 2008, 12:58)
Wait, you have to download the patch through the GFWL app?

WHAT THE HELL!? GFWL ISN'T SUPPORTED IN MY COUNTRY AND I CAN'T LOG INTO THE APP! DAMN YOU MICROSOFT, DAMN YOU!

Rockstar already said it would be available as a download from their site too, as not everyone logs into GFWL

GTAMonkey2012
  • GTAMonkey2012

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:04 PM Edited by GTAMonkey2012, 07 December 2008 - 01:07 PM.

I would say minimum requirements are more like a core 2 duo 3GHz and 3870 or 9600GT, and recommended is quad 2.4 (as now) with an 8800GT/9800GT or above.

I would have to agree on that too.

Id add AMD x2 64 6000+ 3ghz minimum, recomnded phenome 2.4 quad for amd chips.

Lurf
  • Lurf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Delacroix @ Dec 7 2008, 00:56)
Its Microsoft... give them time to put in some bugs!

Lawl! +1

Johnnnyboy15nl
  • Johnnnyboy15nl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (proh1 @ Dec 7 2008, 00:48)
Why is it taking so long for them to certify it?!?

The guys from Microsoft are not at work right now, they have two days off.. "Weekend" So we have to wait until Monday (USA Time).

BorgDroneX
  • BorgDroneX

Assimilator

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

lol after Microsoft has finished messing with the patch all we'll see upon launching the game is:-

404 PAGE NOT FOUND

scratchyrice
  • scratchyrice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

Does anyone know if they are actualy fixing anything? Or just adding to the stupid video editor which none give one crap about.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (pimpinpenguin? @ Dec 7 2008, 00:56)
And this is exactly the problem with GFWL,it's trying to make the PC act like a console. Before it always used to be the the devs could simply release a patch no questions asked quickly without all this red tape. Now Microsoft are doing just like what they do on the 360 and are certifying everything little thing which slows the process down. Listen Microsoft we don't want you to certify just let Rockstar release the patch already, goddamn i'm hating this GFWL more and more.

f*cking LIVE, I hope it dies.

sladki
  • sladki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

I just wanna know if this patch will solve my texture missing problem :S

At the moment im in a dilema...
is it the game itself that is fcuking up all the textures or is it
my 1 gb of ram? :S
nvidia 8800 gt should do it after all! sly.gif sly.gif

Nemon
  • Nemon

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Delacroix @ Dec 7 2008, 00:56)
Its Microsoft... give them time to put in some bugs!

smile.gif That's why we first got a patch which Nvidia had put together...

iRocco
  • iRocco

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

Microsoft is the real problem of this pc version, because they want to raise their xbox sales. i really want to read the contract between rockstar and microsoft...

Socratatus
  • Socratatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (elanman @ Dec 7 2008, 13:37)
QUOTE (pimpinpenguin? @ Dec 7 2008, 00:56)
And this is exactly the problem with GFWL,it's trying to make the PC act like a console. Before it always used to be the the devs could simply release a patch no questions asked quickly without all this red tape. Now Microsoft are doing just like what they do on the 360 and are certifying everything little thing which slows the process down. Listen Microsoft we don't want you to certify just let Rockstar release the patch already, goddamn i'm hating this GFWL more and more.

f*cking LIVE, I hope it dies.

Gotta admit I hate it too. I couldn`t believe it when it started making my PC look like a friend of mine`s Xbox360 console screen!

I don`t even play online! I don`t want it!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users