Photo

mad dogs crib

18 replies to this topic
grimroxster
  • grimroxster

Step Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:59 AM

ok i just got this property. I cant find where the save marker is in it. The place is just so big. mercie_blink.gif Can someone tell me where it is?

Thank you.

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:06 AM

Enter the back entrance (the one you enter during A Home In The Hills) and look immediately to your left. Remember that saving there can screw up the basketball mini-game.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

Yes, you are better off not knowing where it is because saving there will ruin your game.
Do not do it.

This causes the basketball, gym and other such glitches to occur.

grimroxster
  • grimroxster

Step Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

ok, im glad ididnt save there yet. I just bought the house across the street and have been saving there. biggrin.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

More info about this glitch can be found here. wink.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

Definitely use that other safehouse nearby and not Madd Dogg's for the reasons given.

Also, if you run into the mansion with a high wanted level, there will be cops chasing you around inside unlike in other safehouses.

families4life
  • families4life

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

Yes, you are better off not knowing where it is because saving there will ruin your game.
Do not do it.

This causes the basketball, gym and other such glitches to occur.

I saved in madd dogg's crib and nothing happened.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (families4life @ Dec 22 2008, 21:48)

Now, go to a basketball court and see if the basketball is sitting on the ground.
Alternatively, you could go into any bar (Misty's, Lil' Probe Inn, etc) and see if the counter attendant is holding up their hands as if you pointed a gun at them. Or, try to play pool.
Or, you can go into a gym and try to work out. It'll say "You have worked out enough" even if you haven't been near one in a month.
Or, you could go to a hotdog vendor. They'll just leave their stand and chase you around endlessly.

If you have actually saved in Madd Doggs Mansion, and not the one across the street, all of these things and more will happen.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Dec 22 2008, 14:23)
QUOTE (families4life @ Dec 22 2008, 21:48)

Now, go to a basketball court and see if the basketball is sitting on the ground.
Alternatively, you could go into any bar (Misty's, Lil' Probe Inn, etc) and see if the counter attendant is holding up their hands as if you pointed a gun at them. Or, try to play pool.
Or, you can go into a gym and try to work out. It'll say "You have worked out enough" even if you haven't been near one in a month.
Or, you could go to a hotdog vendor. They'll just leave their stand and chase you around endlessly.

If you have actually saved in Madd Doggs Mansion, and not the one across the street, all of these things and more will happen.

Or not, if you have version 2 of the game. wink.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Dec 22 2008, 22:03)

Really? Does it just not happen on v2?
Damn my original v1 mad.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Dec 22 2008, 17:22)
QUOTE (girishb @ Dec 22 2008, 22:03)

Really? Does it just not happen on v2?
Damn my original v1 mad.gif

That's what I've found out over the years. There has not been a single report of a v2 player experiencing any of those glitches after saving at Madd Dogg's crib. IIRC, this was also confirmed by pdescobar.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

I may be wrong, but on mine v1 with patch ONLY gym glitch occurs, but the other don't. I am not sure if I saved in Madd Dogg's house, but I suppose I have because of the gym glitch occuring.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Dec 23 2008, 04:29)
I may be wrong, but on mine v1 with patch ONLY gym glitch occurs, but the other don't. I am not sure if I saved in Madd Dogg's house, but I suppose I have because of the gym glitch occuring.

The gym glitch can also occur as a result of saving the game without feeding CJ. I'm not sure about the v1.01 patch, but there's a good chance that glitch occurrence due to saving at Madd Dogg's might have been corrected in the patch. If you have a spare savegame, you can try to confirm this.

BeL0WaB0Ve
  • BeL0WaB0Ve

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:49 AM

No wonder the basketball dissapeared in Ganton sad.gif I'm on PS2 so I guess I can't do anything about it.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (BeL0WaB0Ve @ Dec 23 2008, 10:19)
No wonder the basketball dissapeared in Ganton sad.gif I'm on PS2 so I guess I can't do anything about it.

You can try these things:
1. Go to the nearest Safe House and save the game 6 times (thus skipping some days).
2. Go to the nearest Fast Food Restaurant and eat as much as possible
- get CJ quite fat.
3. Completely change CJ's appearance - clothes, haircut, and tattoos.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:52 AM

I've long wondered if there was any sort of rhyme or reason to the methods of trying to get rid of the basketball glitch. Some time ago I suggested that the cause of it had to do with a presence of a basketball court inside the mansion interior (the only one in the game located in any interior), but it was strictly a hunch and I have no actual evidence to support it.

So yes, you might trigger the glitch the first time you save at Madd Dogg's, or not. If not, it could happen the second time. Glitches are weird like that. Of course, unless you really want to play basketball, it's not like the glitch really stops you from doing anything you need to finish the game, or get 100% completion for that matter. Basketball is strictly a "for fun" thing, even if there's a place for it in the game statistics. If you get the gym glitch, you can still build muscle by walking/running/smashing things with a melee weapon. It just takes longer, and in any case you need at least some fat to convert into muscle. You don't have to work out at the gym to accomplish anything meaningful besides getting CJ buffed up in a relatively short time.

Even disregarding the possible glitches, I tend to shun saving at Madd Dogg's for practical reasons, such as the lack of protection from cops. The last thing you need when running from the FBI or the army with a 5-6 wanted level is going into a so-called safehouse, likely with a depleted life bar, with more cops shooting at you.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Dec 23 2008, 18:52)
I've long wondered if there was any sort of rhyme or reason to the methods of trying to get rid of the basketball glitch. Some time ago I suggested that the cause of it had to do with a presence of a basketball court inside the mansion interior (the only one in the game located in any interior), but it was strictly a hunch and I have no actual evidence to support it.

I dont think it is necessarily because it is inside with the save icon, but just the fact that it is so close to the basketball court.
Inside, the save point is directly above the court, which is down one level.
Then again, the interiors are in blue/black hell, so having a save point in a house which is directly beside a court may not do anything.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Dec 23 2008, 02:45)
QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Dec 23 2008, 18:52)

I dont think it is necessarily because it is inside with the save icon, but just the fact that it is so close to the basketball court.
Inside, the save point is directly above the court, which is down one level.
Then again, the interiors are in blue/black hell, so having a save point in a house which is directly beside a court may not do anything.

You may be right. Although in the mansion, not only is the save icon inside the interior (located in the interior heavens/"black hell") but the basketball court is as well. All the other courts in the game are in the "regular" world, at ground level. Then again, there are save points in the regular, ground-level world too, like at the Four Dragons. However, none of these are very close to a basketball court. There's the court in Sweet's driveway in Grove Street, but the nearest save point is inside CJ's house, inside the interior, which as far as the game is concerned is a long way away because CJ's house is located in the interior heavens, far above the normal world.

I've noticed before, even without saving inside Madd Dogg's, that the basketball in the gym/court does not always spawn. It's possible that if it's not there and you save, that the basketballs on all the courts will disappear, giving us the familiar "glitch."

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Dec 24 2008, 07:59)
I've noticed before, even without saving inside Madd Dogg's, that the basketball in the gym/court does not always spawn. It's possible that if it's not there and you save, that the basketballs on all the courts will disappear, giving us the familiar "glitch."

Yeah, sounds like a good theory to me.
So, the court must be inside the interior with it, because the interiors aren't located in 'game world', they are up in 'hell'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users