Photo

Help with Grand theft Auto IV PC

1,839 replies to this topic
Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

I have 2GB ram. It should be enough. Are you dumb !?? You haven't heard about the famous memory leaking ?? The only way to get a decent performance with the present memory leaking is with 4GB+

My game runs beautiful in the first hour, after that the memory goes full because the game isn't storing data in memory, it simply adds data that was already read in the memory, again and again, until the memory is stressed... It's dumb, it's pathetic.

marvelous
  • marvelous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Louis Cyphre @ Dec 12 2008, 12:17)
QUOTE (marvelous @ Dec 12 2008, 12:11)
For those of you not able to run your games.† You should get the latest service packs and install.† Check for faulty components by doing memory test and orthos and don't forget driver update.† If you bought it from steam I heard there are some problems with that version.

I had no problems playing the game.† Although performance is sluggish but GTA4 is very CPU demanding because of physics and so many AI doing whole lot of things all at once like RTS game.† Xbox 360 has 3 cores and PS3 has 7SPE with it's cell processor.† A modern core 2 duo still can't beat Xbox xenon 3 cores on multi-threaded game like GTA4.

You guys trying to play GTA4 with a single core processor I hope you good luck.† You aren't going to get good results no matter what.

If it were that simple we wouldn't be here wasting our times. GTA4 PC=Memory leak. Rockstar Social Club=Useless, memory eater, adware. devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

Oh I forgot that now Rockstar mention that they made the game for future generation desktop ! Yeah.... F.u.cking NASA desktop.

Most people don't have all the requirements and they come here to whine or their computer is faulty. Game specifically asks for SP3 for xp and SP1 for vista. If you haven't installed you can't play the game. It's that simple.

I have had no memory leaks. Stayed constant frames the entire time.

Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:26 PM Edited by Louis Cyphre, 12 December 2008 - 12:33 PM.

QUOTE (marvelous @ Dec 12 2008, 12:24)
For those of you not able to run your games.† You should get the latest service packs and install.† Check for faulty components by doing memory test and orthos and don't forget driver update.† If you bought it from steam I heard there are some problems with that version.

I had no problems playing the game.† Although performance is sluggish but GTA4 is very CPU demanding because of physics and so many AI doing whole lot of things all at once like RTS game.† Xbox 360 has 3 cores and PS3 has 7SPE with it's cell processor.† A modern core 2 duo still can't beat Xbox xenon 3 cores on multi-threaded game like GTA4.

You guys trying to play GTA4 with a single core processor I hope you good luck.† You aren't going to get good results no matter what.

If it were that simple we wouldn't be here wasting our times. GTA4 PC=Memory leak. Rockstar Social Club=Useless, memory eater, adware. devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

Oh I forgot that now Rockstar mention that they made the game for future generation desktop ! Yeah.... F.u.cking NASA desktop.

Most people don't have all the requirements and they come here to whine or their computer is faulty. Game specifically asks for SP3 for xp and SP1 for vista. If you haven't installed you can't play the game. It's that simple.

Of course I have SP1 for Vista and SP3 for XP... You're dumber than I thought. You had no memory leaks because you probably have 4GB or more. It makes out for the bad programming. The system requirement never mentioned 4GB RAM was absolutely necessary.

marvelous
  • marvelous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Louis Cyphre @ Dec 12 2008, 12:24)
I have 2GB ram. It should be enough. Are you dumb !?? You haven't heard about the famous memory leaking ?? The only way to get a decent performance with the present memory leaking is with 4GB+

My game runs beautiful in the first hour, after that the memory goes full because the game isn't storing data in memory, it simply adds data that was already read in the memory, again and again, until the memeory is stressed... It's dumb, it's pathetic.

You have 2gb with what operating system?

I have 3gigs of ram with vista. Been playing it all night. I get constant frame rates.

Maybe you should educate yourself first before calling people dumb. What you described isn't a memory leak. You just don't have enough memory.

Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (marvelous @ Dec 12 2008, 12:32)

My game runs beautiful in the first hour, after that the memory goes full because the game isn't storing data in memory, it simply adds data that was already read in the memory, again and again, until the memeory is stressed... It's dumb, it's pathetic.

I have 3gigs of ram with vista. Been playing it all night. I get constant frame rates.

Maybe you should educate yourself first before calling people dumb. What you described isn't a memory leak. You just don't have enough memory.

OH MY GOD ! DUMB DUMB DUMB. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! No it is not a memory leak. Your brain is leaking. I'm outta here.. KEEP UP doing sh.it programming stuff rockstar.

marvelous
  • marvelous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:35 PM Edited by marvelous, 12 December 2008 - 12:38 PM.

QUOTE (Louis Cyphre @ Dec 12 2008, 12:26)

Of course I have SP1 for Vista and SP3 for XP... You're dumber than I thought. You had no memory leaks because you probably have 4GB or more. It makes out for the bad programming. The system requirement never mentioned 4GB RAM was absolutely necessary.

You sound like 12 year old whining because don't have clue about computers. Maybe you should stick to consoles.

I've gaming on the PC nearly 20 years and the only thing dumb is you and your sh*tty computer. tell your mommy you need a better one alright.

JHaulass
  • JHaulass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:37 PM Edited by JHaulass, 12 December 2008 - 12:48 PM.

I don't want to appear overly cynical,
but I can't help but think the reason this patch is taking so long, is not because they are checking it fixes as many issues as possible, but because they are trying to ensure it will be incompatible with the pirated/cracked version of the game they know is in circulation!

marvelous
  • marvelous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Louis Cyphre @ Dec 12 2008, 12:34)
QUOTE (marvelous @ Dec 12 2008, 12:32)

OH MY GOD ! DUMB DUMB DUMB. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! No it is not a memory leak. Your brain is leaking. I'm outta here.. KEEP UP doing sh.it programming stuff rockstar.

What a homo. I bet you goto all the gaming sites and write a whining review of 1 because you can't even make your computer work.

Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (marvelous @ Dec 12 2008, 12:35)

You sound like 12 year old whining because don't have clue about computers. Maybe you should stick to consoles.

I've gaming on the PC nearly 20 years and much more experience then you kid.

I see someone starting to getting nervous. Dumbass. You don't know sh*t. Just because the game is working on your system... You are an exception, dumbhead. Everyone is complaining about the poor structure of the game. It doesn't use the memory properly. Man, you're dumb.

PuscHELL
  • PuscHELL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

PATCH??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

marvelous
  • marvelous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Louis Cyphre @ Dec 12 2008, 12:38)
QUOTE (marvelous @ Dec 12 2008, 12:35)

I've gaming on the PC nearly 20 years and much more experience then you kid.

I see someone starting to getting nervous. Dumbass. You don't know sh*t. Just because the game is working on your system... You are an exception, dumbhead. Everyone is complaining about the poor structure of the game. It doesn't use the memory properly. Man, you're dumb.

You the dumbass. You can't even get your computer to work. People have negative view of this game because it's system demanding not because they couldn't get their computer work like you.

You don't specify your problems then you can't be helped. If you have 2 gigs with Vista and trying to game you are going to get hard drive thrashing. That's not called memory leak you computer illiterate bird brain.

Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (PuscHELL @ Dec 12 2008, 12:40)
PATCH??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Seconded

Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:43 PM Edited by Louis Cyphre, 12 December 2008 - 12:49 PM.

MEMORY LEAD ! HAHA!!!!! Oh, darling........ I already specified my problem posts ago, read the whole thread so you can know what's going on, dumb person. And tell rockstar to change the system requirements to 3GB RAM+

PATCH NOW OR GTFO.

marvelous
  • marvelous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Louis Cyphre @ Dec 12 2008, 12:43)
MEMORY LEAD ! HAHA!!!!! Oh, darling........ I already specified my problem posts ago, read the whole thread so you can know what's going on, dumb person.

Go buy more memory and quit your bitchin'.

Read 55 pages so I can help you out? That's what I call a homo.

Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (marvelous @ Dec 12 2008, 12:49)
MEMORY LEAD ! HAHA!!!!! Oh, darling........ I already specified my problem posts ago, read the whole thread so you can know what's going on, dumb person.

You can't help me, you're too dumb for that. Only Rockstar programmers can do that by improving the memory usage.

marvelous
  • marvelous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:00 PM Edited by marvelous, 12 December 2008 - 01:03 PM.

QUOTE (Louis Cyphre @ Dec 12 2008, 12:53)
QUOTE (marvelous @ Dec 12 2008, 12:49)

You can't help me, you're too dumb for that. Only Rockstar programmers can do that by improving the memory usage.

You so dumb you can't even figure out the obvious. You must have an idiot tantrum of some sort? If you have Vista you need a little more then 2 gigs of ram. You are getting hard drive thrash because you are running out of memory not because the game has a memory leak. If you have xp you can easily get away with 2 gigs of ram because it has smaller memory requirement for the operating system.

ajs144
  • ajs144

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

This is getting kind of amusing notify.gif

Flitzbue
  • Flitzbue

Dr. Love

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

Guys cool it, no need to flame each other inlove.gif

RufusThorne
  • RufusThorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

You *can* install *any* driver on M series GPUs if you use a modified INF from laptopvideo2go

Rockstar - I have the retail version and I would like to see it make better use of my GeForce 9600GT (1GB RAM)
Also, I have 8GB of system RAM and a 64-bit OS - why such sluggish performance? despite it saying on the back of the box 'optimised for 64bit' this is clearly a lie, as Task Manager shows it to be a 32-bit application.

I love this game, and I keep playing it despite the 'medium' detail settings and draw distance of 30 and the Bluescreens every three hours or so. Windows reboots and I double click the icon again. Must have seen the intro screen over a hundred times by now, and I only bought the game three days ago.

ryans273
  • ryans273

ThrasheR

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

WERE THE f*ck IS THIS PATCH MAN devil.gif

dinjo10
  • dinjo10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

i have 2gb of RAM and i had no crashes..i can play the game for as long as i want,but it looks pretty bad cuz i dont have a good video card..i ordered a new one so it shoul be okay then and i hope the patch will fix things up a bit..i hope to be able to play it on 1280x1024 on medium settings wit view distance on 30..right now i play on 1024x768 on low with view distance on 2 suicidal.gif

das joe
  • das joe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

i've got some strange new errors ingame mercie_blink.gif

user posted image

KIRKAD12
  • KIRKAD12

Rockstar City

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (das joe @ Dec 12 2008, 16:01)

user posted image

lol....photoshoper...GTA IV logo in photo

XcV
  • XcV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

marvelous: many people simply can't run the game with 4GB ram, Vista sp1/xp sp3, .net framework 3.5 sp1, newest drivers, original version of the game, 8800 or stronger /4870 video cards, with clear, reinstalled system, without power management or other problematic programs, while other high-tech games such as Crysis runs at full spec & high resolutions, no bugs. That it is the real thing!

Rockstar tested the game only on a very specific platform, and now the patch delays, because Microsoft tests the DIFFERENT VERSIONS of the game (steam & regional retail versions) on DIFFERENT PLATFORMS, and it still does not works (it is just my opinion): this is a PC version, which should run on real PCs, not only on a very specific pc platform, which is very similar to an xbox360.

Flitzbue
  • Flitzbue

Dr. Love

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

Has everybody seen the "Hitler rants about the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV" ? lol.gif
Youtube link

Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:10 PM Edited by Louis Cyphre, 12 December 2008 - 03:14 PM.

QUOTE (XcV @ Dec 12 2008, 14:08)
marvelous: many people simply can't run the game with 4GB ram, Vista sp1/xp sp3, .net framework 3.5 sp1, newest drivers, original version of the game, 8800 or stronger /4870 video cards, with clear, reinstalled system, without power management or other problematic programs, while other high-tech games such as Crysis runs at full spec & high resolutions, no bugs. That it is the real thing!

Rockstar tested the game only on a very specific platform, and now the patch delays, because Microsoft tests the DIFFERENT VERSIONS of the game (steam & regional retail versions) on DIFFERENT PLATFORMS, and it still does not works (it is just my opinion): this is a PC version, which should run on real PCs, not only on a very specific pc platform, which is very similar to an xbox360.

Yeah. It SHOULD be optmized to run in real Pcs, finally a refreshing opinion. There is this guy with 8GB RAM and the game runs all jerky he says.
It's obvious that they can optimize the memory management. With ONLY 2gb ram I can run the game pretty well for one hour or so, before the memory goes full due to dumb programming which sends unecessary data to the memory. Why the memory doesn't refresh itself while ingame ??
And why the game keeps reading the same textures over and over until the memory goes to hell, without at least freeing memory space for updated textures ?? Hell...

His Dudeness
  • His Dudeness

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Flitzbue @ Dec 12 2008, 14:29)
Has everybody seen the "Hitler rants about the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV" ? lol.gif
Youtube link

HAHA Hitler is talking sense for once! They should include the scene where he shoots himself because I bet that's how most of us are feeling!! suicidal.gif

Louis Cyphre
  • Louis Cyphre

In Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (His Dudeness @ Dec 12 2008, 15:17)
QUOTE (Flitzbue @ Dec 12 2008, 14:29)
Has everybody seen the "Hitler rants about the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV" ?  lol.gif
Youtube link

HAHA Hitler is talking sense for once! They should include the scene where he shoots himself because I bet that's how most of us are feeling!! suicidal.gif

Yeah ! I'm on the verge of bitting the keyboard and crack my head on the monitor.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • Romania
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (das joe @ Dec 12 2008, 14:01)

You think that is funny now to play with R* people.
That is a Wallpaper old from 1half-year, first pictures of GTA IV.
Is not enough that the game has so many erors and bugs and you came it this photoshoper sh*t . icon13.gif

Shlomo
  • Shlomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:25 PM

Ok, that's cool. I hope the patch will be released as quickly as it is possible smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users