1,839 replies to this topic
oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (extender @ Dec 6 2008, 03:41)
Dear Rockstar. Things what should you do are:
Fix the memory leaking. I think that causes the massive lag but I'm not sure. When not then also fix the lag because lag is the biggest problem.
Check over your code, maybe there is a error somewhere.
You should "teach" to this game how to use GPU more. It isn't using all resources. When I played FC2 etc then my GPU got a lot more hotter than with GTA IV. So it looks like it doesn't take full advantages of the GPU.
Textures are getting lost for some people. There is no AA. It doesn't support SLI/Crossfire but that doesn't matter, those things can be fixed later smile.gif . Right now it is important to teach this game how to take full advantage of the GPU and how to stress it. Ofc also fix crashes and errors.

Oh yeah and more naked tits and pu**ys!! biggrin.gif j/k j/k turn.gif

I'm sure it bottlenecks your CPU first then your 8800GT.

xavier00
  • xavier00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:51 AM Edited by xavier00, 06 December 2008 - 03:58 AM.

oyeah my grafix card never over heats like when crysis first came out,,its my computer the one that over heats ,,,,i dont understand devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif i have a quad prosesor .nvidia 8800 gts 640 mb overcloacked to the max with this latest crapy driver and 3 gigs of ram..... but give them credit they are listening

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:51 AM

Ah, this Rockstar guy shows up at last. confused.gif
So what's the main problem? Having troubles to convert the whole Euphoria to x86 or something? I really want to know.

xavier00
  • xavier00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:59 AM Edited by xavier00, 06 December 2008 - 04:03 AM.

im sure something happened ,,,,some programer messed everyting up in rockstar before they launched the game because they pretend they did not know anyting about it

extender
  • extender

W00t

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (oc student @ Dec 6 2008, 03:46)
Fix the memory leaking. I think that causes the massive lag but I'm not sure. When not then also fix the lag because lag is the biggest problem.
You should "teach" to this game how to use GPU more. It isn't using all resources. When I played FC2 etc then my GPU got a lot more hotter than with GTA IV. So it looks like it doesn't take full advantages of the GPU.
Textures are getting lost for some people. There is no AA. It doesn't support SLI/Crossfire but that doesn't matter, those things can be fixed later smile.gif . Right now it is important to teach this game how to take full advantage of the GPU and how to stress it. Ofc also fix crashes and errors.

Oh yeah and more naked tits and pu**ys!! biggrin.gif j/k j/k  turn.gif

I'm not. Well even if it is bottleneck because it is not quad but i still should be able to play this game with at least medium/high at 1280x1024 smoothly and View Distance at 25 and Detail Distance at 37, Vehicle Density 26 and shadow density 3. Because this guy right here has http://dethica.pri.e...4 1/gta4 1.html E4300 3GHz and 9600GT 482MB and 2GB ADATA DDR2 800MHz and he runs this game with those settings and he gets good fps. My 8800GT and E8400 GHz and RAM are better than his so I should be able to run this game with the same specs and same smoothly, even better.

The-Real-Gta-Fan
  • The-Real-Gta-Fan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

This patch improves major issues right ?

Do we take this Patch as New release date of GTA IV ? biggrin.gif

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:02 AM

I have another graphical problem I forgot to mention ..

The rotors on the helis never show, I tried lower settings and the highest with no luck ..

I wont post the pictures as it will bog up this important thread ..

http://i357.photobuc...extug/nice6.jpg

http://i357.photobuc...extug/nice5.jpg

Philll
  • Philll

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (extender @ Dec 6 2008, 04:00)

I'm not. Well even if it is bottleneck because it is not quad but i still should be able to play this game with at least medium/high at 1280x1024 smoothly and View Distance at 25 and Detail Distance at 37, Vehicle Density 26 and shadow density 3. Because this guy right here has http://dethica.pri.e...4 1/gta4 1.html E4300 3GHz and 9600GT 482MB and 2GB ADATA DDR2 800MHz and he runs this game with those settings and he gets good fps. My 8800GT and E8400 GHz and RAM are better than his so I should be able to run this game with the same specs and same smoothly, even better.

And my 4870X2 smokes your 8800GT, but its got nothing to do with it, because the way the game works is in no way directly proportional to the way you can run the game.

People with 8800GTX's are getting better frame rates then me.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:03 AM

I would like to request one thing and one thing only.

Camera angles while driving.

I do not want to worry about moving the camera to the right spot while driving.
with that , multiple key mapping.

Meaning steer with mouse and steer with keys.

if we select to not steer that way we choose to use the method you gave us..
steer with keys and control camera at the same time.

I just want to drive and not look at the side of my car each time I turn.

besides the driving camera crap.

I am very much pleased with this game and thank you greatly for porting it.
it is by far , another Official GTA.

13th_Disciple
  • 13th_Disciple

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:06 AM

Thanks RT... y'know.... the cut-scenes seem to have some AA on them or some effect, would be nice for the driving smile.gif anyways looking forward to any improvement although it's till fun & enjoyable, cheers

-13th

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:06 AM

LOLWUT???

That Rockstar guy didn't mention anything about AA in the next patch.

xavier00
  • xavier00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:06 AM Edited by xavier00, 06 December 2008 - 04:10 AM.

tell me about it ,that and 100 other things ,i been playing this game over 50 hrs now and is incredible how many bugs this game has ,,,lets post them here because it seems they have not played the game yet, my son tellsme he has 14 yrs and he has the xbox 360 version ,,,dad its that gta 4? it does not look good

hussam1988
  • hussam1988

So What???

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:08 AM

at last yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

MrVercettti
  • MrVercettti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:08 AM Edited by MrVercettti, 06 December 2008 - 04:11 AM.

That guy asking if Rocstar is reading the forums is true, Rocstar must have read the forums around the time San Andreas was out because they but in stuff that the fans wanted.

At least now i dont have much to be concerned about becacause buy the time i get a laptop in january ill be able to play gta4 without problems, and if rockstar is reading this i want to tell them this PLEASE ALLOW GTA4 TO BE MODDED AND GIVE MODDERS TOOLS TO MOD RAGE ENGINE AND EVERYTHING

rockstar I LOVE YOU AND GTA4EVER

extender
  • extender

W00t

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Philll @ Dec 6 2008, 04:03)
QUOTE (extender @ Dec 6 2008, 04:00)

And my 4870X2 smokes your 8800GT, but its got nothing to do with it, because the way the game works is in no way directly proportional to the way you can run the game.

People with 8800GTX's are getting better frame rates then me.

Well thats why you have to tweak your game. Use command line tweaking, DL new nvidia drivers etc.

xavier00
  • xavier00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:11 AM Edited by xavier00, 06 December 2008 - 04:13 AM.

yep,they are readin this allright , so post your concerns,we will fixit all right

mahen
  • mahen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:12 AM

more replies rockstar....

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:12 AM Edited by One-time, 06 December 2008 - 04:17 AM.

Tell me, is this game ported from the 360 or PS3? This doesn't have any AA any only works well with over 70 fps on Intel Core i7s (that CPU has hyperthreaded quad cores). Very much like an emulated PS3 port for me. confused.gif Just my opinion though.

tiedie
  • tiedie

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:13 AM

How about fixing performance? I think that should be top priority

Unless I missed it in the "fix log" posted there

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:13 AM

Holy sh*t! It's the first official Rockstar topic! wow.gif

xavier00
  • xavier00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:15 AM Edited by xavier00, 06 December 2008 - 04:17 AM.

yep some one screwed up and now they want our help,let them make some mods tools we will fixe them devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

DeadlyAvenger
  • DeadlyAvenger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Philll @ Dec 6 2008, 03:36)
Are you f*cking kidding with that post?

ROTFL! Pissed myself at that comment!

Rod6er
  • Rod6er

Teh Mighty Bonghole

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:18 AM

So I've trie the new drivers. They help a lot. I can now max out my GPU and the framerate doesnt go down, my next step is to upgrade CPU and ram because thoses are pretty much running at full pin when I play the game.

The only problem I can find is that the Ammo counter isnt there any more notify.gif someone else reported that also in another thread, I guess this is due to either game settings being changed or the nVidia 180.84 hotfix.

AMD 5200+ X2
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe
Asus 8800GTX
2GB Corsair 800mhz

I can run the game with either high textures/26viewdist or mediumtextures/100viewdist (both 1680*1050). The CPU graphic options are still a no-go since my CPU is pretty much maxed out with my current settings (render = low, detail dist = 15, veh density = 10, shadows = 0)

strayraygun
  • strayraygun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:22 AM

Hi Rockstar T, thank you for starting this thread. After browsing through it I couldn't resist registering an account to get my $0.02 back for a game I purchased that unfortunately will not run satisfactorily.

Specs are:

Core 2 Duo 2mb L3 Cache @ 2.7ghz (8x335mhz)

320mb Asus 8800GTS OC

2gb RAM

Windows XP SP3

Purchased the retail boxed gta 4 copy yesterday.

Changes I'd seek to be worked into the game, in my order of preference are:

1) INCREASED OPTIMIZATION OF EUPHORIA + GAME ENGINE FOR DUAL CORES.

I appreciate that the x360, for which this game was originally coded for, is a triple core, but the fact is the majority of today's market own dual cores. I hope there's some way to better optimise the game's two engines to run on two threads only, as I think this would help the majority of gamers. To those who don't know- GTA 4 PC is possibly the first PC game ever to actually show very significant performance gains with a quad-core over a dual core- something we assume is inherited from it's console origins.

2) Texture popping-

LOD scaling is very poor, even when running on low settings (which is all my 320mb card can afford). As users have mentioned, turning around causes popping as the LOD transitions from low to high. I'm sure optimisation can fix this- it worked for the Ps3, which has a video memory of only 256mb, yet is able to run a medium texture package without these transitional issues.

Also, I'm experiencing many other problems including- textures failing to load, cars appearing to float due to a layer of road not loading, buildings disappearing and reappearing (both close and far away), etc. All this when being below my 300mb video buffer.

3) shadows and trees look like they were spraypainted- horribly inconsistent. I think this perhaps links in with the LOD issues as before

4) Just generally, performance is horrible. I must be honest, I expected to be able to play this very well. I know it's oft compared to, but Crysis on PC- I'm able to run that with high textures, at 1680x1050, no problems. It looks beautiful. Thats why I know a lot more is possible from this game, if the coding can be fixed. I truly hope it is!

Thanks in advance. I hope problems do get fixed!

bwu
  • bwu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:22 AM

Not a single mention of missing texture Issues... If you guys are not fixing this issue I expect a refund

RedSue
  • RedSue

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:25 AM

There is a whole thread about the missing textures problem. All my friends and i experienced that problem ourselves. We paid 50€ each for a Liberty City poster map. I am glad Rockstar wrote SOMEthing, but they did not mention the textures at all?!?!

Without those textures, we cannot play your games. Oh and by the way, stores won't take installed games back, so pleaaase include this problem in your Patch!!!

smooth-orpeal
  • smooth-orpeal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:28 AM Edited by smooth-orpeal, 06 December 2008 - 04:31 AM.

So youre glad with the new drivers which ROCKSTAR TORONTO has posted in here?

IM NOT! I MEAN WTF - I INSTALLED THEM AND NOW I GOT THE SAME MISSING TEXTURE PROBLEM I GOT BEFORE I FOUND AN OLD DRIVER WHICH MADE IT WORK. THE NEW DRIVERS SUCK.

THEY TOLD US THAT THE NEW DRIVERS WOULD INCREASE PERFORMANCE AND STOP GLITCHES ( especially on the 7900 ) AND NOW THE OPPOSITE TURNS OUT...

I FEEL f*ckED FOR THE FOURTH TIME. VERY ANGRY devil.gif CANT EXPLAIN HOW f*ckING ANGRY I AM f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck sh*t Arse f*ck sh*t f*ck arse goddamn it or f*ck it, f*ck f*ck arse. If the real world would be like GTA i would drive to Rockstar, pull out a shotgun and start firing at everyone till only a few victims were left. Then i would start punishing the left victims with non lethal weapons, pull down the zipper, start urinating over them, shock them with an electro shocker, slap em with a shovel, throw an antrax infected amputated head of a cow at their stomach while im urinating on my own shoes... Oh f*ck, something went wrong. This is more kind of the postal way to do it. Anyway - IM f*ckING ANGRY devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

DeadlyAvenger
  • DeadlyAvenger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Rod6er @ Dec 6 2008, 04:18)
So I've trie the new drivers. They help a lot. I can now max out my GPU and the framerate doesnt go down, my next step is to upgrade CPU and ram because thoses are pretty much running at full pin when I play the game.

Those new beta nVidia drivers sorted my “GTA IV Fatal Error: RESC10” crash out.

But when I start the game I hear the audio, but the screen is black, then I get a snippet of actual graphics, then back to black, then yellow, then black again, and it never came back. Had to hard reset my PC.

So Rockstar, if you're reading this, those beta drivers have NOT sorted all the issues out, keep trying.

MaxAwesome
  • MaxAwesome

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:32 AM Edited by MaxAwesome, 06 December 2008 - 04:36 AM.

QUOTE (strayraygun @ Dec 6 2008, 04:22)
Hi Rockstar T, thank you for starting this thread. After browsing through it I couldn't resist registering an account to get my $0.02 back for a game I purchased that unfortunately will not run satisfactorily.

Specs are:

Core 2 Duo 2mb L3 Cache @ 2.7ghz (8x335mhz)

320mb Asus 8800GTS OC

2gb RAM

Windows XP SP3

Purchased the retail boxed gta 4 copy yesterday.

Changes I'd seek to be worked into the game, in my order of preference are:

1) INCREASED OPTIMIZATION OF EUPHORIA + GAME ENGINE FOR DUAL CORES.

I appreciate that the x360, for which this game was originally coded for, is a triple core, but the fact is the majority of today's market own dual cores. I hope there's some way to better optimise the game's two engines to run on two threads only, as I think this would help the majority of gamers. To those who don't know- GTA 4 PC is possibly the first PC game ever to actually show very significant performance gains with a quad-core over a dual core- something we assume is inherited from it's console origins.

2) Texture popping-

LOD scaling is very poor, even when running on low settings (which is all my 320mb card can afford). As users have mentioned, turning around causes popping as the LOD transitions from low to high. I'm sure optimisation can fix this- it worked for the Ps3, which has a video memory of only 256mb, yet is able to run a medium texture package without these transitional issues.

Also, I'm experiencing many other problems including- textures failing to load, cars appearing to float due to a layer of road not loading, buildings disappearing and reappearing (both close and far away), etc. All this when being below my 300mb video buffer.

3) shadows and trees look like they were spraypainted- horribly inconsistent. I think this perhaps links in with the LOD issues as before

4) Just generally, performance is horrible. I must be honest, I expected to be able to play this very well. I know it's oft compared to, but Crysis on PC- I'm able to run that with high textures, at 1680x1050, no problems. It looks beautiful. Thats why I know a lot more is possible from this game, if the coding can be fixed. I truly hope it is!

Thanks in advance. I hope problems do get fixed!

Having console origins means nothing!

And if you really want to know, even a low-end C2D E2x00 is still more powerful than XBOX360.

As far as I know, XBOX360 comprises of 3 IBM PowerPC based CPUs, each of which is about as powerful as an Athlon 64 3000+.

Take Gears Of War for example: Looks and performs awesome on the XBOX no doubt, but when it hit the PC, it was actually a sucessful port that only required a Pentium 4 to run! So there you go, having "console origins" means nothing to PC gaming.

Coding should be adapted to each different platform... which doesn't seem to be the case with PC's version of GTA 4.

And it really makes me boil to see people here dissing Core 2 Duo CPUs like they suck. People seem to forget that a fast Duo will mop the floor with a quad in 90% of games.

So yes, I do believe that even a modest low-end C2D should be enough to handle whatever physics engine GTA 4 is sporting.

X2-Eliah
  • X2-Eliah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:44 AM

One question - does this driver (Nividia 180.84) work with 8/9 series laptop M cards?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users