Help with Grand theft Auto IV PC

1,839 replies to this topic
Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (GTAMonkey2012 @ Dec 6 2008, 14:39)
Video Editor seems that when it craps out on clips with alot of triggers it seems to retain the problem in the clip on restart. Im currently making a 2 min video.

There are a lot of great fixes for the video editor in this upcoming patch. Many more than what I had room to list on the sticky post.

Oksar
  • Oksar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 6 2008, 17:51)
QUOTE (coppyslock @ Dec 6 2008, 12:43)
Can us ATI HD48xx users expect a fix for the poor performance (even with fairly decent CPUs) and eventual 1fps constant (memory leak?)

I'm running the catalyst 8.12RC3 beta and there was no improvement, unfortunately. Are you certain the official release on the 10th will provide significant performance boosts/fixes?

If you are already using the latest beta drivers then you may not see any addtional performance increase with the offical drivers. In Toronto we have seen good improvements and that is why we felt comfortable making that statement.

As for your 1fps issue my only guess is the power managment issues listed in the first post at the top of the thread. Have you tried following those suggestions?

I downloadede the beta-drivers and tried it out myself;

My spec:

E4500 2,2 Ghz Dual Core.
HD4850 512MB
2 GB 800 Mhz DDR2.

***** 8.11-drivers: *****

Resolution: 1680x1050
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 25
Detail Distance: 26

Results:
Average FPS: 22.93
CPU Usage: 87%
System memory usage: 78%
Video memory usage: 79%

***** 8.12-drivers (beta): *****

--- Exactly the same setup! ---

Results:
Average FPS: 26.41
CPU usage: 90%
System memory usage: 71%
Video memory usage: 76%

---------------------------
This is a very small increase, yes. Im afraid that this is just not enough to make the game playable enough. Im happy it was an increase at all, though.
--------------------------

MrPonos
  • MrPonos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (MMhardKy @ Dec 6 2008, 02:26)
PROPER SLI SUPPORT PLEASE!

I really hope this is implemented soon!

Smash88
  • Smash88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:48 PM Edited by Smash88, 06 December 2008 - 07:55 PM.

Hey Rock*,

Thanks for YOUR time to answer our questions and help us, unlike some of these ungrateful posters. Although, you have made a terrible PC port in my opinion, which any QA tester should have seen in the first place, this is what I think, and my problems. Hell I live in Toronto, I would personally bring my computer over to where you guys are and show you how big of a mess this is, I would do it for free, and probably be a better QA tester than the fruitcakes you have working over there, unless they are blind or something, in which case I cannot hold them responsible.

Alright down to business. I have a Q6600 @ 2.4GHZ -- Corsair XMS2 DDR2 4GB RAM -- XFX 8800GT OCed 702/1701/990 -- Windows Vista Ultimate SP1. I set my settings in game accordingly:

http://img176.images...results1gw8.jpg

http://img338.images...results2rs4.jpg

Theses are the images, I cannot post the other ones since they are too big.

By the way, that benchmark is a complete joke in terms of testing your performance. I set my settings to High - Highest - Draw Distance 40 - 100 - 100 - Shadow Density 16. I am playing with the -norestrictions target line/command line so that I can bypass the ridiculous memory cap.

One thing I do not understand is I can play Crysis @ 1680x1050 on VERY HIGH! at 22-30 fps, and that game is a lot more demanding than GTA IV, in every aspect. But in single player GTA IV I can get 22-35 fps. Something is off, when a game x10 more graphically superior is running better in DX10 than your game, which honestly is not some amazingly superior game graphically. Also, people with GTX280's are getting 25-35fps, why my graphics card that is far less superior is even in the same range as a $600 card is amazing unto its own.

Another problem is the texture loadings, turning around very fast on a console, such as the 360/PS3, I might see would cause texture pop-ins but not a PC such as mine, or anyone's of equal or higher specs. As well as that, during night in game, where you are able to enter certain open door buildings, or spray shops, there is a gray sleeve blocking the inside from showing unless you go inside, what that means I do not know. Also there are some parts when driving, for instance up a little steep road, where while driving it will unexpectedly turn into that gray sleeve, it will cover sometimes half of my car, as if I am not in that area, it is weird.

Now you may see my settings and think, WOAH there Smashy, you can't raise it that high, those are for "future computers" (as stated in your readme). Well you know what I am not an idiot and probably know more about computers than half of your staff working there. That is complete bullsh*t, that is just a lame excuse on your part for your poor PC optimizations. I have bought this game on my 360, and on my PC, I didn't pirate it, I actually respect your work and love this game, but for you to treat a customer like this is inexcusable. I don't care if I had to wait until September 2009 for you to port this properly, I would have waited. I rather have a decent/good product come from one of the PC developers I trust, and you know who my top 3 developers for PC are (in no order): R*, Valve, Blizzard. Everything else released is garbage for PC, since they think why do a good job, since all people do is pirate games.

You know what I bet half of these people did pirate your game, but what matters is the fact, that these few morons do not make it a usable excuse to not develop decent/good PC ports/games. Oh and let me not get started on your Bully PC port.

Seriously, I live in Toronto, PM me, I would be glad to come there on Monday or whatever time is convenient and prove to you that this is ridiculous. Thanks for your consideration.

apocalek
  • apocalek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Discussion from Steam forums:
I am unable to use the Free Aim / Auto Aim feature correctly on my wireless Xbox 360 pad. On the console version of the game, you could press the left trigger down about halfway to enable Free Aim, and then fully press the left trigger to "lock" onto a target for Auto Aim. On my PC, pressing it halfway does not perform this function. In options I can turn Auto Aim on or off, this will allow me to use Auto Aim or Free look (one or the other), but does not help it to perform like the console did. I tried running the calibration wizard in control panel and everything seems to function properly. Any help? This might be specific to Windows XP and not Windows Vista.

Specs:
XP Pro 32bit SP3
Xbox 360 Wireless pad / receiver
Nvidia 9800GT
DirectX November 2008
No newer updates available for the 360 pad drivers.

also:
After just playing the game again it appears the two triggers are not proportional. When driving cars it was full gas and full brake. The game seems to be seeing the two shoulder triggers as buttons rather than analog triggers. May need a patch to fix?
THIS ONLY APPLIES TO WIRELESS CONTROLLER

agent_47
  • agent_47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

I've installed .NET Framework tons of times, 3.0, 3.5, 3.5 SP1, you name it. But no luck with the Rockstar Games Social Club, what else can I do?? bored.gif
And YES, I have SP3.

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 6 2008, 12:24)
Solve the 22-23FPS CAP BUG on every game settings please, look here how many users are experiencing it:
http://www.gtaforums...entry1058716917

We do not recommend the changes listed in this thread. The game does should not lock framerate to what you are seeing.

If you haven't yet read our document on the graphics settings menu please do check it out:
http://www.rockstarg..... Settings.doc

Regardless we will investigate...

CEMEH_CEMEHbl4
  • CEMEH_CEMEHbl4

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 6 2008, 17:56)
QUOTE (CEMEH_CEMEHbl4 @ Dec 6 2008, 12:42)
THE SECOND MAJOR PROBLEM IS:

this thread about black stips:
http://www.gtaforums...entry1058714711

with ATI card again

my specs:
ATI HD 2600 XT 512RAM (PCI-e)
2GB RAM
Intel Core Duo 2.33GHz (x64)
Vista x64 service pack1

Did you follow ATI support issue posted on our website? I hope it helps.

http://www.rockstarg.....TI MipMap.doc

yes,its not help...

and one more thing, maybe it helps:

i dont have the black textures like on your screenshot,just Black Strips (its called "tearing") on most objects outside and inside buildings and on buildings!

This occurs when the output device sends frames out of sync with the display's refresh rate.

i know that "Vertical-sync" normally prevent "tearing" so... try to dig here

maybe GTA 4 do not turn it on,for my video card because of drivers? or something like that? maybe Beam tracing glitch?

plz take my DX DIAG:
http://floomby.ru/content/6vk75ZkI4U/

good luck

ah0i.bRAuSe
  • ah0i.bRAuSe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

hey rockstar !

so for me its only one huge problem (besides the damn framerate that should be optimized cause i'm getting only 25-40fps and sometimes 20fps with a quite good system)

i really hope that you would fix the lod re-draw /fade in cause that makes the whole game look like sh*t sad.gif everytime when i swing the cam to the side or backwards the half of buildings and terrain fades in sometimes 1-3 seconds later.. i think something is not good synchronised in the engine. i hpe you know what i mean biggrin.gif i want the lod to load immediatelly or to stay loaded when i turn the cam 180 or more. each other game can handle that without a problem so should gta 4. so please fix that wink.gif

my system is a :

q6600@3ghz
4gb ocz reaper x ram
radeon hd 4850 512mb
vista 64bit
ati catalyst 8.11 (didn't testet the 8.12 cause i think i'll wait for the final in 4 days and my framerate is much better than by 60% of the other people here in the forum so the new driver wouldn't give me an 5 or 10 fps improvement (i think) wink.gif )

I'm playing with :

1680x1050
textures : medium
render : high
View distance : 25
Detail distance : 37
Car density : 50
Shadows : 0 (cause the xbox shadows look much better that the sh*tty pc lightning shadows LOL (in my option you can remove them at all and only make an option to have shadows disabled or the xbox shadowns))

Benchmark gaves me 39fps avg and ingame i experience mostly 25-40fps and somtetimes 20fps.. the framerate isn't good at all for my system and should be improved by 5-10fps but for now (until an patch will fix that) i can live with that framerate.

so plz fix the bug with the lod redrawning /fading in too late cause that reallly sucks sad.gif

hope you will read that and maybe reply on my topic how the chance is to get this fixed.

regards from a customer of each gta game for pc since the first..

reem28
  • reem28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Knyte @ Dec 6 2008, 02:11)
QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 6 2008, 02:01)
The patch contains a variety of fixes including:

-A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
-Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better fx during replays
-Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice
-Fix for ATI 1900 shadows
-Overall savings to memory
-Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors
-Multiplayer character settings are preserved
-Support for DirectInput controllers. Note: The current hack way of supporting these controllers may not work with the improved functionality. So we recommend you remove the hack before upgrading to the patch.

There is no mention of any code optimization regarding the graphic performance. Which seems to be the number one complaint among everyone.

The official word is that this is a "Next Gen" game, and only newer hardware will improve the performance. However, in the game's current state, many people can get the same (albeit, low) framrates regardless of detail settings, which means that something is not right.

Also, from personal use, I can see that this game is not pushing the video card to it's full potential. Any other newer game I play (COD4 & 5, FarCry 2, etc.) run the temp of my 9800GT card up to 85c - 90c while I am playing. GTA IV never heats the card up past 75c. Which means the card isn't running as hard.

Any response to these issues would be greatly appriciated. Also, thank you for taking the time to fill us in on what's going on, and letting your loyal fans know that you guys are trying to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

hi Rockstar!

Will there be a patch for better performance in GTA IV soon? Im running a E8400 Core 2 Duo Processor and a 512MB 8800 GT Graphic Card and I can only get 15-20 Fps out of it. Even "Crysis" runs smooth on <high> settings with this configuration.

The curious thing about it, is the fact, that I always have the same framerate regardless of the resolution. Do you have an idea? Is an Intel E8400 to slow for GTA IV?

Greetings from Germany!
reem28

GTAMonkey2012
  • GTAMonkey2012

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:02 PM Edited by GTAMonkey2012, 06 December 2008 - 08:05 PM.

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 6 2008, 19:43)
Video Editor seems that when it craps out on clips with alot of triggers it seems to retain the problem in the clip on restart. Im currently making a 2 min video.

There are a lot of great fixes for the video editor in this upcoming patch. Many more than what I had room to list on the sticky post.

Great new, thanks for reponce.

This is a little sideways a in some ways a silly question but here goes rockstar ...

Hi,

So far I have GTA installed on my vista system. I have 3 partitions on one 500gig drive 1. =XP 2. = Vista32 - 3. The rest is 300GIG as free seen as another drive letter (all on one single drive).

Although its installed to vista the actual files are stored on the 300gig partition.

So ... Im thinking of testing via Xp SP3 but it would also need to sit (the files) on the 300gig space, so when i install I will use a different directory name for the files so no overwriting and both installed sit next to one another on that partition space.

The big question is, will the DRM kick me out and think Its crack or will secuROM have a fit? Will it detect my other install at all?

I want to give it a go for test reasons, but if anyone else knows or has done this im interested to hear from you.

Just a simple "it will work with dual boot install" or "no it wont" will help. I dont want to try and mess everything up. Full retail version running fine, just want to test run on via XP is the point.

Zcool31
  • Zcool31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 6 2008, 19:41)
[QUOTE=Zcool31,Dec 6 2008, 14:22] [QUOTE=Rockstar Toronto,Dec 6 2008, 19:08] [QUOTE=Zcool31,Dec 6 2008, 13:54] Rockstar:

Could you please reply to my issue of logging into windows live from the game with an online account crashing the game?
I can use the standalone windows live client without problems, i can play with an offline account without problems, but whenever I try to log into an online account, the game just crashes. I posted about this on page 11 i think. [/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Hey just saw another post on this topic in the forums here:
http://www.gtaforums...opic=380372&hl=

Perhaps this post from Gibsmoker will help you:

I had these exact same messages, some servers i could connect no problemo, other servers gave me disconnects and personel lobby returns... Found out i was missing one port not opened in my router...
make sure all these ports are allowed through, solved my problem...

TCP 80
UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074
UDP 53
TCP 53

I'll try forwarding those ports, thought I doubt that will fix the problem. I can't even sign in, let alone join a game. Signing in to GFWL crashes the game. Please try to fix that, thanks.

noahthefrog
  • noahthefrog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (iashraf @ Dec 6 2008, 02:23)
When can we see the NVIDIA driver for M GPU's - that driver does not work on laptops

Specs:
Vista SP1 32b
8600M GT
C2D 2.0GHz

(get avg of 20-30 FPS, game quite playable // all settings on the lowest possible, looks a lot like san andreas tounge.gif )

You can force install the driver on the 8600M. Go into Device manager and tell it you know which driver you need and point it at the place the NVIDIA installer extracted it's files by choosing "Have Disk". Choose 8600GT (as if you had a desktop card) and tell it yes you are sure you want to use this driver even though it appears to be the wrong one. I've had to do this before with older mobile GPUs... don't know if it's possible in Vista, though. Alternatively you can edit the .inf file, as described in another thread on this forum.

$3@N
  • $3@N

WERZ DA DAM PATCHZ

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

RSSC is not working.

it is crashing and not logging in.

Sigh!

Ogs
  • Ogs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:11 PM Edited by Ogs, 06 December 2008 - 09:03 PM.

Small thing i noticed, when taking a picture with the camera, instead of a shutter sound all i hear is a high pitched "screetch", not sure whats causes it (dodgy sound file ?), worth looking into ?

Also, certain things (like the beach binocular things) dont appear to have proper mouse movement, its like its emulating whats on a controller and its very iffy to move.

Would it be possible to add to the graphics settings the option to turn on the motion blur thing permanantly ? Pressing P every time i start a game feels a bit slack smile.gif .

Edit - 1 more, running the benchmark from the main menu, then starting the game straight after, certain hud elements arnt shown (like ammo count etc).

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:16 PM Edited by Indi., 06 December 2008 - 08:19 PM.

QUOTE (Zcool31 @ Dec 6 2008, 13:54)
Rockstar:

Could you please reply to my issue of logging into windows live from the game with an online account crashing the game?
I can use the standalone windows live client without problems, i can play with an offline account without problems, but whenever I try to log into an online account, the game just crashes. I posted about this on page 11 i think.

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 6 2008, 19:08)
We haven't heard of this issue before. Sent your details off directly to Microsoft and am waiting for a response.

Please be patient as we will go through these issues. In order to have good replies some issues do require asking specific staff at Rockstar, ATI, Nvidia, or Microsoft followup questions.

We will work to come up with a more efficient system of replying to everyone since the page count on this post is already piling up quick and there are a lot of people we haven't replied to yet that we will on earlier pages.

So hang tight everyone, and please don't repeat questions unnecessarily since we have to go through them all. Thanks!

Ok thanks R*!

Comrade_Niko
  • Comrade_Niko

My day will come..... on October 16.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:16 PM

Perhaps add a Quit to menu option when in-game. So you don't have to restart the game when changing the graphics.

proh1
  • proh1

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 6 2008, 19:43)

What issues are addressed in the patch?
The 2 biggest issues that need to be addressed is the frame rate problem and anti-aliasing.

I have an 8800 GTX, Quad Core CPU and 4 GB of RAM. I always get 25-30 FPS, even when I set everything to the lowest settings possible.

Also, ooking at the cityscape and cars without anti-aliasing isn't very pretty.

Th3 ProphetMan
  • Th3 ProphetMan

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

Wow thanks to rockstar for actually coming to hear our problems and try to help, i think this is the first time i see something like this from a game developer, kudos.

I hope patches help this game get better. Keep them coming.

I have acouple of questions:

I tried to install Vista SP2 Beta yerterday, but at the last moment when restarting the installation reverted, restarted my pc again and sp2 wasnt instaled at all. In the technet artcle MS mentions directx improvements. Have you at rockstar tried SP2? any noticeable difference in the game from sp1 to sp2 beta?

Also, how come the game anly detects real VRam, so in my 8800gts 320mb i can only use those 320mb? My nvidia control panel shows there's are 767mb of shared system memory, makin a total available graphics memory of 1087mb. Why isn't this reflected in GTA4 options?

proh1
  • proh1

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Th3 ProphetMan @ Dec 6 2008, 20:20)
Wow thanks to rockstar for actually coming to hear our problems and try to help, i think this is the first time i see something like this from a game developer, kudos.

I hope patches help this game get better. Keep them coming.

I have acouple of questions:

I tried to install Vista SP2 Beta yerterday, but at the last moment when restarting the installation reverted, restarted my pc again and sp2 wasnt instaled at all. In the technet artcle MS mentions directx improvements. Have you at rockstar tried SP2? any noticeable difference in the game from sp1 to sp2 beta?

Also, how come the game anly detects real VRam, so in my 8800gts 320mb i can only use those 320mb? My nvidia control panel shows there's are 767mb of shared system memory, makin a total available graphics memory of 1087mb. Why isn't this reflected in GTA4 options?

Vista SP1 Is what's required.
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

And there's obviously a problem with the game making use of Memory off the Graphics card, if you are familiar with other threads.

Kaizen
  • Kaizen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:23 PM Edited by Kaizen, 06 December 2008 - 08:26 PM.

I read the recent interview regarding the technical troubles

The missing textures were attributed to old hardware or old drivers.
But I am on an Nvidia 9 series card with a 4Ghz core 2 and the very latest nvidia GTA IV drivers

Textures still disappear FREQUENTLY. The game is unplayable for me.
To have this statement in an interview makes me not very optimistic towards any fix

Me and my friends (also with these issues) have dubbed the game " Lamp Post Hero " since that is all that is visible.

DuKtape
  • DuKtape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

what is very needed:

- remove forced mouse acceleration (pointer precision)
- make sensitivity adjustable with numbers, not just a slider. (worked very well for valve if you've noticed)
- sensitivity, even on its lowest, still is very wild with a gaming mouse.
- fix command line params not working

monocle.gif i really hope rockstar reads this!

Th3 ProphetMan
  • Th3 ProphetMan

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (proh1 @ Dec 6 2008, 20:23)
Vista SP1 Is what's required.
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

And there's obviously a problem with the game making use of Memory off the Graphics card, if you are familiar with other threads.

Take it easy, that's why im asking. And i know SP1 is required, what i want to know is if Sp2 will increae performance in any way.

Fed.Dogg
  • Fed.Dogg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 6 2008, 17:55)
ROCKSTAR TORONTO

No position of this PROBLEM affecting many of us? http://www.gtaforums...#entry105871691

22-23FPS CAP BUG?

No matter O.S. (I have both XP SP3 and Vista SP1):

Puni's DAILY:

Asus A8N32-SLI +

Toledo 939 4200X2 @266*11=2933Mhz STOCK VOLTAGE +

EVGA 8800GTX @621/1566/1900Mhz STOCK COOLER +

2GB of DDR1@SYNC 266Mhz 3-3-3-8 @2,7V or 4GB of DDR1@ASYNC 210Mhz 2,5-3-3-7 @2,8V

on XP32 + Vista64

Same problem here! We hope a solution for this Rockstar Toronto sad.gif

A. Biker
  • A. Biker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

No offense man but, you REALLY need to do something for graphics options cuz what the menu has suketh the big one BAD devil.gif

I hold the record for q6600/8800GT 3d mark vantage @ HWbot in the world at least as of this morning, and i can't texture any better then medium??????????? sarcasm.gif mercie_blink.gif
WTF is up with that suicidal.gif monocle.gif

That needs to be real fix0red
Also out of memory error, i know its a new powerful game and all.. Butt, i am running 8 gigs of Gs-Kill PC 1066 on vista 64 bit!
Don`t get me wrong i love the game itself but getting it to play is a real B!TCH angry.gif

SO please fix it now before it ruins all the past greatness you all have put out!

A. Biker GTA original playeh..hoola sly.gif

noahthefrog
  • noahthefrog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:36 PM Edited by noahthefrog, 06 December 2008 - 09:02 PM.

Glad Rockstar is watching the forum. In response to the request for details about problems:

-Where exactly in the game you experienced the issue (start screen, while playing the game, etc.)
*Game performance is very poor overall - visibly low FPS
*Game does not retain my graphics settings after exiting and restarting - reverts to unplayable default settings.
*"Graphics Options" misreports the amount of VRAM I have - sees 430MB instead of 512 forcing lower settings. Tried using command line switches to tell it I have 512MB, but game still reports 430MB
*Shadows look like they're made with spray-paint tool in MS Paint
*Graphics very grainy overall w/ lots of jaggy edges - game severely needs Anti-Aliasing. Especially bad when outdoors.

-What version of the game you have (retail, steam, other online store)
*Steam version

-What is your OS
*XP x64 SP2, with all updates, directx, .NET, Visual C++ updates available.
*Using NVIDIA 180.84 drivers

-Benchmark info or DxDiag is also helpful
*don't want to flood the forum w/ my dxdiag but here's my basic specs:
Q6600 CPU (OC to 3GHz - tried w/out overclock - didn't affect the game)
4GB DDR2-800 RAM
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard
BFG 8800GT-512MB PCI-e 2.0 Graphics card
SB X-Fi XtremeGamer (PCI version)

EDIT: Tried running the in-game Benchmark, which appeared to run and then exit the game automatically. But it didn't put a text file in the mydocs\rockstar\gtaiv\benchmarks folder..... Though now the game sees 478MB of VRAM, instead of 430MB mentioned above?!

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

New forum for specific issues: http://www.gtaforums...p?showforum=243

evemonbjk
  • evemonbjk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (2400 MHz)
Memory: 2048 x 2 Ocz 800mhz DDR2 Ram
Operating System: Windows Vista ™ Ultimate, 32-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 10.0
GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GT
Driver version: 180.48
Stream processors: 112
Core clock: 700 MHz
Shader clock: 1700 MHz
Memory clock: 1000 MHz (2000 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 256-bit
Total available graphics memory: 1918 MB
Dedicated video memory: 512 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1406 MB

Can i run gta 4? And one more question i have two computers can i play my Original GTA 4 with these 2 computer Offline and online? Or do i need to buy one more gta 4.

Aquaphonic
  • Aquaphonic

Slayer Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for taking the time to answer our comments R*

The main thing I would like to see are performance fixes so people with well specced PCs can play with the smooth frame rates seen on the console versions.

LoneStarGamer
  • LoneStarGamer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

I just wanted to say that Rokstar Games kicks ass, they are really devoted to their fans by correcting the many problems that are plaguing GTA IV.

I don't have a good enough computer to run GTA IV, so I am going to just wait for the patch to be released before I even go shopping for a new computer.

But I will definitely be picking up GTA IV once I do, I already have the Xbox 360 version too.

colgate.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users