Help with Grand theft Auto IV PC

1,839 replies to this topic
screamerjr
  • screamerjr

Waiting for patch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

punisher.ita
you are like a child. Did you have finished your homework?
Rockstar had made really good game. With some errors, but it is REALLY good.

2R*
Thank you VERY MUCH)
Делайте патч блять! Пасибки за понимание!

waldoribeiro
  • waldoribeiro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 6 2008, 18:36)
QUOTE (waldoribeiro @ Dec 6 2008, 18:32)
Don't be a dick. Tell you what, for homework go and make GTA V, and yes I mean GTA 5, and let's see your shadows and resource usage.

I am sure I haven't bought GTA IV than... we pay 50euros for it... these problems are unacceptables.

50 Euros?! Why the hell is it so expensive? I lived in Portugal before moving to South Africa and games were like 30 to 40 Euros.

waldoribeiro
  • waldoribeiro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (screamerjr @ Dec 6 2008, 18:37)
punisher.ita

2R*
Thank you VERY MUCH)

Amen! I agree with you totally. I am enjoying this game so much even though I played it on my Xbox 360. It's made for PC.

punisher.ita
  • punisher.ita

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

punisher.ita

2R*
Thank you VERY MUCH)

LOL really good? What the hell are you talking about?

GTA3 was good.
Vice City even better.
San Andreas perhaps best.

This is just Rockstar joke against PC gamers.

Stewerd
  • Stewerd

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 6 2008, 18:41)
punisher.ita

2R*
Thank you VERY MUCH)

GTA3 was good.
Vice City even better.

suicidal.gif

Vasil
  • Vasil

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (waldoribeiro @ Dec 6 2008, 18:40)
punisher.ita

2R*
Thank you VERY MUCH)

Amen! I agree with you totally. I am enjoying this game so much even though I played it on my Xbox 360. It's made for PC.

So, why are both of you reading or posting in this thread? go, play and enjoy it...your post are as useless as the one quoted.

The_Abbott
  • The_Abbott

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

I just want to start the game lol.

I have an ATI/Saphire X1600 512 MB
SB live (which sucks I know, but still works decent with all the latest games)
Athlon XP 2500 (1.84 GHZ)
1.5 MB of ram
vista enterprise (now SP1 since I had to update because of the windows%P error I was getting originally)

I was all excited last night popped in the disc 1, took along time but I can understand that. Put in disc 2 and then during installation of directx it gave me a blue screen. Restarted, started install again, did the accounts(but it wouldn't let me log into social thing at first until I manually went to the web page and signed in). This time it made it through. But wait there's only an icon for the social crap and no regulat GTA IV icon to be found, not even under start-programs. I had to manually go the folder in windows explorer to find it and that was after a "successfull" install of both cds. Anyway I tried starting the game from there and from the social menu and I get a Dos window and then a classic vista "gta4 has stopped working" - technical details APPCRASH and a bunch of numbers---GREAT thanks microsoft!

I've been a computer tech for years and I've tried a variety of drivers for the ati card. No help. Not to mention the latest ATI Catalyst driver made my acer 22 w off centered at 1440*900. Honestly even with the controls on the monitor itself I couldn't recenter the stupid thing with that driver for some reason. Never seen that before. Anyway I hope this patch comes out soon
I just want to be able to start the damn thing. Forget about shadows lol. 49.99 Rockstar I don't pay often but I paid for yours so you keep making PC releases so get on it! I hate those stupid consoles. I like driving with the logitech rumblepad and then I switch to keyboard when I get out so I cap a few asses with the mouse and awsd keys aaaaaaaaaaaaah ya

Zcool31
  • Zcool31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Rockstar:

Could you please reply to my issue of logging into windows live from the game with an online account crashing the game?
I can use the standalone windows live client without problems, i can play with an offline account without problems, but whenever I try to log into an online account, the game just crashes. I posted about this on page 11 i think.

screamerjr
  • screamerjr

Waiting for patch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Vasil @ Dec 6 2008, 18:53)
QUOTE (waldoribeiro @ Dec 6 2008, 18:40)
punisher.ita

2R*
Thank you VERY MUCH)

So, why are both of you reading or posting in this thread? go, play and enjoy it...your post are as useless as the one quoted.

Can you read? No? I said
With some errors, but it is REALLY good.

I want a patch for this SOME ERRORS.

И не пизди мне тут, блять.

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 6 2008, 19:53)
QUOTE (Stewerd @ Dec 6 2008, 18:43)
punisher.ita

2R*
Thank you VERY MUCH)

GTA3 was good.
Vice City even better.

suicidal.gif

http://pc.ign.com/ob...2/14269673.html

Reader Average: 4.5/10

It says it all.

OK, I can't be nice anymore.
Shut the f*ck up. You bought 3, VC and SA, and they're good, they're running fine on your PC, ROCKSTAR MADE THEM.
GTA IV is a GREAT game. You KNOW you'd suck to play it maxed out. So stop BITCHING ABOUT ROCKSTAR. You're nothing but a TROLL.

Sorry everyone else, I got pissed off. Sorry again.

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

Keep these junkposts away, please, so y'all can get banned because pf these spam stuff. Seriously, this thread was made for reporting issues and errors, not to start a war with some trolls! Stop feeding trolls and they'll go. END OF DISCUSSION.

aNdReSk
  • aNdReSk

O_o

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 6 2008, 18:53)
QUOTE (Stewerd @ Dec 6 2008, 18:43)
punisher.ita

2R*
Thank you VERY MUCH)

GTA3 was good.
Vice City even better.

suicidal.gif

http://pc.ign.com/ob...2/14269673.html

Reader Average: 4.5/10

It says it all.

Bye.

ok dude u hate it ,we got it, knock it off.
whatsthat.gif Go play something else

cookie.gif I give rockstar a cookie for the patch coming soon biggrin.gif

kuci06
  • kuci06

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

I have only one wish:

fix the shadows sad.gif

Seriously. Do you think this is the best you can come up with? Or is this realistic? Its like somebody made it with MS paint sad.gif
Flickering, bugging. Makes the gameplay a lot worse ... it annoys everybody. No matter if you play in 800x600 with a low-end card, or in 1080p resolution with a high end card. It looks the same.

user posted image

Sarmagedon
  • Sarmagedon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

Dear rockstar..........

I just want you to tell use What to expect from the new Patch,

A big change and all gamers will be happy ?

or

A smaal change like the NVidia drivers?

Regards....

CEMEH_CEMEHbl4
  • CEMEH_CEMEHbl4

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (screamerjr @ Dec 6 2008, 18:12)
But i have one question: What PC configuration has your tester? mercie_blink.gif
Патч делайте блять быстрее! icon14.gif colgate.gif

известно какую епт, поставили себе последние карты в ценовом ряду NVIDIA и ATI... и седят под них аптимизируют,а в системных требованиях указывают начиная с ATI х1900!

i think some NASA PC - from space program...

CarlosF22
  • CarlosF22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

Rockstar Toronto, I would like to know if there is any chance of Nvidia releasing drivers to help GTA IV run better on laptop computers I have an 8400M GT card and the last driver to be released was September. I passed minimum requirements but have difficulties playing at a decent speed. Here are my benchmark scores with my computer specs, frame-rates range between 11 and 17 shown here that is the maximum I've been able to achieve. I also have the problems of textures popping up. Any help would be appreciated.

Statistics
Average FPS: 17.13
Duration: 37.53 sec
CPU Usage: 82%
System memory usage: 65%
Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 800 x 600 (59 Hz)
Texture Quality: Low
Render Quality: Highest
View Distance: 1
Detail Distance: 100

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT
Video Driver version: 178.08
Audio Adapter: Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU     T7250  @ 2.00GHz

File ID: Benchmark.cli

Zcool31
  • Zcool31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

I don't know about you, but whenever I'm walking under a subway line in real life, the shadows look alot like they do in that picture. True enough, they're a bit sharper in real life.
Rockstar: Please address the game crashing when I try to log into GFWL!!!

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Zcool31 @ Dec 6 2008, 13:54)
Rockstar:

Could you please reply to my issue of logging into windows live from the game with an online account crashing the game?
I can use the standalone windows live client without problems, i can play with an offline account without problems, but whenever I try to log into an online account, the game just crashes. I posted about this on page 11 i think.

We haven't heard of this issue before. Sent your details off directly to Microsoft and am waiting for a response.

Please be patient as we will go through these issues. In order to have good replies some issues do require asking specific staff at Rockstar, ATI, Nvidia, or Microsoft followup questions.

We will work to come up with a more efficient system of replying to everyone since the page count on this post is already piling up quick and there are a lot of people we haven't replied to yet that we will on earlier pages.

So hang tight everyone, and please don't repeat questions unnecessarily since we have to go through them all. Thanks!

kuci06
  • kuci06

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Zcool31 @ Dec 6 2008, 19:07)
I don't know about you, but whenever I'm walking under a subway line in real life, the shadows look alot like they do in that picture. True enough, they're a bit sharper in real life.
Rockstar: Please address the game crashing when I try to log into GFWL!!!

And do they flicker in real life too? biggrin.gif
(btw the main problem is the graininess)

Toshi_TNE
  • Toshi_TNE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (extender @ Dec 6 2008, 03:19)
Haha. I will laugh at those people after the patch is released and it fixes most of the horrible bugs/errors, who took their games back to the store. They were so sure that there is no patch coming. What an ignorant attitude... I bet that when patch is out and game gets fixed with patches and Ati/Nvidia drivers, then they will run back to the store "omg Rockstar is the best, I love them!"  lol.gif

If I buy a car I expect it to work properly. I don't care if the fixes on the engine and steering will come out soon, I want to use it today. I paid for it. Games are also products, and as such I expect them to be tested properly before release.

I'm one of those people that returned the game. Had problems launching the game, then missing textures, then FPS drops a few minutes into the game. Can't enjoy it like that. I have a Core2 extreme X9000 2.8ghz, 8800 GTS, 4gb ram, running vista ultimate x64.

On another note, the "future proofing" thing was a bad move. Rockstar should know that people will always want to turn the sliders up, especially those with top of the line hardware. And do they actually know the percentage of gamers with quad core systems? Hell, they could've made the game for today's systems and release a "super GTA HD expansion pack" in a few years, they could even charge for it. Sigh, I miss the days when games were made for current hardware, not imaginary one.

I hope the patch fixes most of the bugs for you guys. I'll just play the game on my X360.

Vasil
  • Vasil

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (screamerjr @ Dec 6 2008, 18:56)
I want a patch for this SOME ERRORS.

И не пизди мне тут, блять.

Nice, so let us know about them and cut the other stuff, including the jimba jamba jumba russian crap.

thastrogg
  • thastrogg

PC GAMER And A Strogg?

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

Dear Rockstar Toronto

i was freeroaming around and killing cops then all of a sudden a cop in a distance turns grey and now everybody who are in a distance become gray

Do you know the solution?

Its a minor problem but its annoying

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 6 2008, 20:09)
Mate... the problem is that I can't even play it @ MINIMUM SETTINGS. I have my frame CAPPED AT 22! NO matter the hell I do, my O.S., my drivers, my damn settings. And with me there are also several other people that I have read on these same forums. Got it?

Listen, everyone is working hard here to resolve your problems, and you do nothing but moan around how bad is Rockstar. You have asked them a question, I've seen that - and they just said they look on EVERY problem. They've seen your problem. They will work to fix it. Got it?

I for one believe in R* and am sure they'll fix our problems.

Huskerz85
  • Huskerz85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

Like others, I've got a problem with my FPS/the game 'stuttering' or 'hiccuping' during gameplay & cutscenes. Is very bad & pretty much unplayable at my native 1440x900 resolution/default settings the game gave me. With some tweaking and the pre-release version of ATI's 8.12 drivers, I've noticed a bit of improvement, though the stuttering still remains

GTA IV Retail Version
Windows Vista Ultimate (32bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (overclocked to 3.0GHz)
ATI Radeon HD 3850 512MB (by VisionTek)
2GB DDR2 RAM

Zcool31
  • Zcool31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Dec 6 2008, 19:08)
QUOTE (Zcool31 @ Dec 6 2008, 13:54)
Rockstar:

We haven't heard of this issue before. Sent your details off directly to Microsoft and am waiting for a response.

Please be patient as we will go through these issues. In order to have good replies some issues do require asking specific staff at Rockstar, ATI, Nvidia, or Microsoft followup questions.

We will work to come up with a more efficient system of replying to everyone since the page count on this post is already piling up quick and there are a lot of people we haven't replied to yet that we will on earlier pages.

So hang tight everyone, and please don't repeat questions unnecessarily since we have to go through them all. Thanks!

Great, Thanks. I've actually called and emailed Rockstar Support about this a few times.
My email is [email protected] and you can check Incident: 081204-000623
It should have all the relevant information.

waldoribeiro
  • waldoribeiro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

Rockstar Toronto:
Hi, I am so pleased with the progress of your assistance and patches, etc. Thanks so much. I have only one question: Can we expect a large amount of fixes, including major fixes, in the patch or will only minor issues be dealt with in this patch?

soldier007
  • soldier007

PC Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

just a question for R*,will GTA IV run on my PC,even ALL on low?

Radeon x1650 512MB DDR2
Pentium 4 3.06Ghz Dual Core with Hyperthreading
1GB DDR2 RAM
Windows XP SP3

null_
  • null_

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

If someone got extra time they could make up a list with all the problems making it easier for Rockstar to respond and fix!

I would if I didn't have two exams to deal with next week sad.gif

GTAMonkey2012
  • GTAMonkey2012

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

Video Editor seems that when it craps out on clips with alot of triggers it seems to retain the problem in the clip on restart. Im currently making a 2 min video. One clip than any other caused this error:

Fatal Error SMA60
.. even tried editing with low textures 0 draw distance / shadows but it still happens intermittent. Always on the clip that caused it first of all, like when I revisit it craps out roughly the same time in that clip. It does it when i press escape from the clip back to the timeline, then drops back to desktop with error.

Re-booted a few times and lowered everything and went back in and it did it to me when viewing the whole movie right at that clip point again, wierd. So far it means I cant continue with a movie, tiz buggy with alot of markers it seems, im making a chase scene with alot of camera work.

Vista32 (specs are in the tweaks thread in my sig).

On another note, will R* after patching etc think about re submitting sub missions like GTA SA (Taxi driver to make money, Ambulance Driver etc) would be nice to see that back in some way / expansion pack).

Again check my sig for my video edit thread which has some bug reports, requests etc.

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Zcool31 @ Dec 6 2008, 14:22)
[QUOTE=Rockstar Toronto,Dec 6 2008, 19:08] [QUOTE=Zcool31,Dec 6 2008, 13:54] Rockstar:

I can use the standalone windows live client without problems, i can play with an offline account without problems, but whenever I try to log into an online account, the game just crashes. I posted about this on page 11 i think. [/QUOTE]

Hey just saw another post on this topic in the forums here:
http://www.gtaforums...opic=380372&hl=

Perhaps this post from Gibsmoker will help you:

I had these exact same messages, some servers i could connect no problemo, other servers gave me disconnects and personel lobby returns... Found out i was missing one port not opened in my router...
make sure all these ports are allowed through, solved my problem...

TCP 80
UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074
UDP 53
TCP 53

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users