» «
Photo

Saving/Loading in Offline Mode?

3 replies to this topic
Socratatus
  • Socratatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:37 PM Edited by Socratatus, 05 December 2008 - 09:40 PM.

I bought this game since I enjoyed GTA SanAndreas, but I could not BELIVE the hoops I was forced to go through to just to start this game. Evaluation like XP, ok, fine, then run this additional (Xbox 360?) Windows Live thing that I have no interest in, then start, but no, I MUST become a member of the Social club! Why do I have to do all this JUST to start the game. Surely, it can`t be legal...

But fine, I accepted and d\led all that crap and did all that registering, gumming my PC with not needed dross. Now can I play the game, I wonder?

I logged in then I quit off the net and started the game.

"You can play," it tells me, " but you won`t be able to Save your progress" (or load, I later found out)... What the hell? There`s no point in playing a game I can`t save is there? That`s like saying, "Here`s your cake, you paid hard-earned CASH for, but you can`t eat it until we put this collar and lead around your neck!" How can they do this? FORCING you to be online 24\7 with the threat of NO SAVES and NO LOADS if we do not comply! I don`t care one bit about my stats being recorded online.

If I am not playing Multiplayer, then I want to be disconnected when I play singler player. even Steam allows you to play offline. I paid HARD CASH for this and I don`t need to be treated like a bloody criminal!!

Please, please, please, someone, tell me that there IS a way to LOAD and SAVE this game OFFLINE and please explain how.

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

LIVE has an offline mode to save/load without internet access.
When you make your account, select "Offline Mode". I know, it's amazing.

miarkus
  • miarkus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

launch the game (you can be logged off in social club) then while you are in game main menu press home key to open windows live menu - then create a new account - there you will see an option to create offline account. That way you will be able to play GTA IV totally offline... Hope this helps.

killer45acp
  • killer45acp

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

I was pissed when I saw all of the crap I had to do just to install/play this game.

Check that the release date has passed
create a rockstar social club log-in and password
create windows live log-in and password
link both accounts
type in serial number & activate game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users