Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAF Gang Tournament 08

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
374 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like the tournament to be postponed? (Leave a post with your opinion) (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the tournament to be postponed? (Leave a post with your opinion)

1. Lets just play. (7 votes [17.07%])

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

2. Postpone (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Scrap It. (14 votes [34.15%])

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

4. I donno (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

5. This poll does not concern me or my gang. (5 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

Vote
ByronG
  • ByronG

Turf Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

We wanna join but have to see whos available
also i dont know the code for our sig so we`ll do it later.

Sounds great btw nice 1 icon14.gif

My pennies worth : i think TDM and TW`s are a must?

-Fellini
  • -Fellini

dope king

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:58 PM Edited by -Fellini, 16 November 2008 - 08:49 PM.

QUOTE (Gang Tournament @ Nov 16 2008, 04:55)
VC:MP
• Deathmatch
• No ideas, please post yours.

As the one in charge for the VC:MP part of the tourney, here are the requirements;

• At least 4 players representing each gang.

• Will be conducted in a small, quiet server which will not give any of the competitors an advantage over the other team.

Matches and Games

Team Deathmatch. Will be a pre-determined amount of time given before the match and gang with the most amount of kills after the time is up will be declared winner.

Grand Theft Race. One player representing each gang will start at the docks on 101 Bayshore Ave. and the first car to get to the Downtown Ammunation will win the round for their respective team.

Team Race. 4 vs 4. Same principle as the GTR, but this time competitors will start at the opposite end of the track, in the Downtown Ammunation and will race their way backwards to the Docks. The first team to arrive (all 4) wins.

Last man Standing. Much like the title suggests. Each team will get their 4 players in an open space, load the clip, cock the gun, and shoot! 8 will start, 7 will get eliminated, and only 1 will bring their team glory (and the win).

Where it will be conducted

QUOTE (Racing Events)
Name: Miami-Dade Racing
IP: 193.33.187.120:5196
Password: PM me

QUOTE (Deathmatches & LSM Events )
Name: Battlefield: Vice City [R3V]
IP: 85.17.200.135:5192
Password: none

(subject to change)

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

I will be tuned in to see will be the winners and losers. Someone should capture the matches for future viewing.

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

I think I should probably announce some staff:

Organizer: ~PhusioN~
SA:MP/Topic Maintenance: GTArv
VC:MP: -Fellini
IV:PC: GTArv
PS3: Apply
360: Apply

Basically staff just ensures things are going peachy, pitch their ideas and help organizing some of the events.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

I can help out with the PS3 maybe. But what are we going to do with SRS and TL on VC:MP only?

1 on 1 match ?

edit: I also have a camhack and a TV card so i can film on PS3 and on SA:MP PC, so i can maybe get some footage off some gang's matches

YoungJoe94
  • YoungJoe94

Lt. Red Panda

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

user posted image
Gang Name: The ExilesGang Leaders: xxxSIDESH0Wxxx, Tommy-Vercetti19
Platforms:Xbox 360, PS3Contact: Here

The Exiles are in! cool.gif

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

Good to hear you guys! smile.gif Added.

Andy, I'll send you a PM later biggrin.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:15 AM Edited by GTArv, 17 November 2008 - 06:14 AM.

Gangs playing on the PC, please post whether you play SA:MP, VC:MP or both.

[EDIT] Quick question - How many of you will play SA:MP/VC:MP even after IV's release?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

Yardies play SA:MP only, and well, since some of us have weaker computers, we won't play IV MP from the release day, but later

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

Why no love for IV on the PC?

Gang Tournament
  • Gang Tournament

Its Playtime.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Nov 17 2008, 11:08)
Why no love for IV on the PC?

We've decided to start the tournament in the last week of this month. It may end even before IV:PC is out.
We're sure people will be busy playing the single player campaign first. Besides, we know very little about IV:PC's multiplayer at the moment. So for this tournament, it will be only SA:MP and VC:MP on the PC, sorry. But if time permits, we could organize a few games on IV(PC).

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=376910

32 people can go online on the PC version!

*spasm*

notoriousash
  • notoriousash

Chancer

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:56 PM

I was just thinking, are there gonna be prearranged settings (Autoaim, blips etc) for this tournament or is that something the gangs will decide on between themselves before each match?

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (notoriousash @ Nov 17 2008, 12:56)
I was just thinking, are there gonna be prearranged settings (Autoaim, blips etc) for this tournament or is that something the gangs will decide on between themselves before each match?

Pre-arranged. No auto aim. We will post detailed settings soon.

QUOTE (gamesguru)
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=376910
*spasm*

We still know very little about the PC version, I think its better to organize a tournament with the games we have experienced. If you are so keen, why not organize a IV:PC tournament later, in January perhaps? smile.gif

Gang Tournament
  • Gang Tournament

Its Playtime.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:01 PM Edited by Gang Tournament, 17 November 2008 - 02:16 PM.

GTAF:GT 2008 - SA:MP

When and where?
Duration : Nov 27 - Dec 1
Location : A dedicated server is currently being worked upon, but we're open to suggestions.

Rules
  • Tournament starts on Nov 27 2008, at 00:00 hrs GMT.
  • Gangs will be randomly matched.
  • A team size is set, and each gang picks team members. Team members can vary from game-to-game.
  • Minimum team size is 4, and maximum is 10.
  • Players cannot have a ping greater than 350.
  • Referee (Optional) : If the contesting clans feel that the game will not go smoothly, they can request a responsible member of the forums to moderate the game. This person, the referee, needs to be unbaised.
  • The contesting clans choose a gamemode, from the below list, and reserve a time slot for themselves, with the consent of their referee, if any. Time slots are subject to server admin's approval.
  • Each game may not exceed 60 minutes.
  • The game goes on until the objective has been reached or until the time exceeds the limit, whichever occurs earlier.
  • The outcome of the game depends upon the best of three rounds.
  • Scores from the games will be noted.
  • The gang with the highest score on 00:00 hrs on 02 Dec 2008 wins.
In-game Rules
  • Usually, a server admin will be present at a game to ensure that everything goes on smoothly. Anyone found using SA:MP hacks will be banned.
  • All players are to respect the decisions taken by the referee, if any and the server admin.
  • Anyone leaving the game before its end will not be allowed to join again. We will reconsider in case of connectivity problems such as timeouts.
  • Players other than the competing ones, referee and admins will not be allowed to join the game.

The Referee
The referee (optional) is quite important, and can change the outcome of a game. Choose your referee wisely. The following are the responsibilities of a referee:
  • Supervise the game in an unbiased manner.
  • Spectate players.
  • Freeze players temporarily as a penalty.
  • Resolve in-game disputes.
  • If the competing clans decide to have a referee, only the referee can report the outcome of the game. Else, the Leader/Underboss of any one of the competing clans can report.
Scoring
  • Whenever a gang wins a game, it gains 1 point on the leader board.
  • In case of a tie, both gangs gain 1 point.
  • If a gang is found to have cheated (Players using hacks, exploiting loopholes in the gamemode, etc.), it will be disqualified from the event.
  • The outcome of games will be logged on the server, so that an accurate result may be obtained. Any gang found forging scores will be disqualified from the event.
  • At the end of the tournament, if more than single gang has the top score, then tie-breaking games will be held.
Gamemodes
The following gamemodes are available for the clans to compete. We've decided to keep away from plain deathmatch modes, as players' pings vary. This is an unfair situation.

Name of ModeDescription
Cops N GangsA CTF mode, where each team must steal other team's vehicle.
FreighterAn Assault/Defend mode. Assaulting team must break into the freighter five times to win.
Area 51The defending team must defend for the given time to win. If the assaulting team breaks in, they lose.
RivershellAnother CTF mode. Here, you must steal your opponent's boat. First team to do this thrice wins.
Stunt Mania (WIP)How well do you know SA? How well can you stunt there? Team with the highest stunting score wins. You score for successful stunts, and loose for destroying or falling off your vehicle.
More gamemodes may be added later.

So what are you waiting for? Wear your clan tag with pride, and prove that you're the best!

The above info is subject to change over time.

-------
Please post any questions or suggestions here.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (GTArv @ Nov 17 2008, 13:09)

QUOTE (gamesguru)
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=376910
*spasm*

We still know very little about the PC version, I think its better to organize a tournament with the games we have experienced. If you are so keen, why not organize a IV:PC tournament later, in January perhaps? smile.gif

Sounds like a plan; although I probably won't get the game until Christmas sad.gif .

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Nov 17 2008, 16:28)
Sounds like a plan; although I probably won't get the game until Christmas sad.gif .

Aye, which is another reason not to hurry up with a IV(PC) tournament. Some of the people here won't be getting the game as soon as it is released.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Gang Tournament @ Nov 17 2008, 15:01)

• The contesting clans choose a gamemode, from the below list, and reserve a time slot for themselves, with the consent of their referee, if any. Time slots are subject to server admin's approval.

Why don't we do it, so that all gang's participate in all events, insetad of chosing a gamemode for the match?

One out of 5 events per day, then we have eg, quarters, then semi's, then the final

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:59 PM

Five events a day? Not feasible, Andy. First off all, the timings need to work out for the participants, and besides, we've got only four gangs on the PC. We'll be winding up the tourney even before IV:PC is out, so that people can enjoy that when it is released.
Currently, we're awaiting registrations, and in a couple of days we'll start setting up time slots.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

No, you didnt understand me, One event a day, five events, five days 27 nov - 1 dec

Like :
area 51 1/4, area 51 1/2, area 51 final ( one day)
rivershell 1/4, 1/2, final ( second day)

Each matches go for around 15 minutes so it shouldnt take more then 2-3 hours to finish all planned foe one day!

Also, phusion, check your PM

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

Ah, I get it. You want all the gangs to play all the gamemodes?
Cheers for the suggestion, but it would be a bitch to stay up everyday, wouldn't it?
besides, we've got to contend with the events on the other platforms as well; there may cross-participation.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (GTArv @ Nov 17 2008, 19:18)
Cheers for the suggestion, but it would be a bitch to stay up everyday, wouldn't it?

Yeah, but as i said, it doesnt take more then 15 minutes to finish each, and well... 2-3 hours isn't a whole day. wink.gif

It's just a suggestion i though of to make it a more interesting tournament, and to give gangs a chance to compete in various events, because some might be better at area 51 and some at rivershell, so instead some failing early just because they suck at one gamemode, they can win the other 4!

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Nov 17 2008, 18:21)
It's just a suggestion i though of to make it a more interesting tournament, and to give gangs a chance to compete in various events, because some might be better at area 51 and some at rivershell, so instead some failing early just because they suck at one gamemode, they can win the other 4!

....Which is why we let them choose their own gamemode. smile.gif All these gamemodes are generic, and can be downloaded with the SA:MP server package. The teams can practice them beforehand (Stunt Mania can be practised even with single-player).
Anyhow, I'll keep your suggestion in mind, thanks.

Berkley
  • Berkley

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Nov 17 2008, 20:21)
QUOTE (GTArv @ Nov 17 2008, 19:18)

Yeah, but as i said, it doesnt take more then 15 minutes to finish each, and well... 2-3 hours isn't a whole day. wink.gif

I support this, but I thought of, why don't we just make the whole world as a DM Zone, like everyone runs around and kills opponents not teammates, the gang which killed the most, wins.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:33 PM Edited by AndySerb, 17 November 2008 - 06:37 PM.

QUOTE (GTArv @ Nov 17 2008, 19:26)
....Which is why we let them choose their own gamemode. smile.gif

Yeah, but the opposing team may disagree and want to pick a one they are best at!

And also if we have 4 gangs only participating for PC, then the 1/2 final and final shouldnt be more then an hour of gameplay!

Hope you consider it with phusion later!

@Berk - It's a bit easier if we restrict the deathmatch ( if it happens in as one of events to a smaller DM zone, instead of the whole world, and besides, how are we going to setup the time/deathmatch to end?)

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:39 PM

Andy: In that case, the judges will intervene (We're selecting them at the mo' ph34r.gif ). Kudos for the suggestion.

Berkley: If you want to kill someone, there are plenty of opportunities in most of the modes. But pings vary; it is for that reason that plain DM modes aren't going to be used, it would be unfair for those with higher pings.

Celtic_Assasinz
  • Celtic_Assasinz

Call me the bus driver, coz I'll take you to school

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Celtic_Assasinz @ Nov 16 2008, 10:54)
What if a gang/clan has alot more than 4 players? they able to enter more than 1 team?

I'm no longer in a clan, I'm just wondering whether to create a team for this tournament or join an existing clan to participate.

You guys open to a one off GTAF select team entering? I know a few members who are interested in competing in this tournament but aren;t part of a clan.

How many teams are there so far for PS3?

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Well, this is a GTAForums Clan Tournament, so it should probably be kept to clans that originate on GTAForums.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:23 PM

Ok, as you guys wish, but i still think it would be way more interesting if all competed in all modes, like i mentioned earlier.

@celtic_ass
Well, then just invite the people who aren't in a gang to compete, and play for your gang, or even better, tell them to make their own clan. The more, the better.

Celtic_Assasinz
  • Celtic_Assasinz

Call me the bus driver, coz I'll take you to school

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Nov 17 2008, 19:11)
Well, this is a GTAForums Clan Tournament, so it should probably be kept to clans that originate on GTAForums.

I did mean people from GTA forum. I can have them post as proof if you like

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users