Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAF Gang Tournament 08

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
374 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like the tournament to be postponed? (Leave a post with your opinion) (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the tournament to be postponed? (Leave a post with your opinion)

1. Lets just play. (7 votes [17.07%])

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

2. Postpone (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Scrap It. (14 votes [34.15%])

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

4. I donno (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

5. This poll does not concern me or my gang. (5 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

Vote
Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

GTArv and Lochie are the creators of the tournament, and the two who run it. So yes, it is up to them to come up with the dates, who will fight who, etc. After this, they confer with each clan, to make sure nothing needs to be changed.

I can see that you have hosted a lot of clan matches, but for this one, you need to sit back and cooperate with the people leading the tournament and accept the fact that you are not in charge. I realize that I'm not either, but then again, I'm not calling GTArv or Lochie's leadership into question.

In the end, the final decision of whether to close the tournament, or to postpone it (and if it is postponed, how long) is up to them.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

I never claimed to be in charge im just stating a fact that they did set it all up superbly and it failed due to the lack of cooperation of the individual teams, were not gonna get anywhere here so im going now, were just gonna have to agree to disagree if you wanna continue the debate pm me.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

The teams cooperated fine. Not once did I see someone say something along the lines of "I hate this or that, you're doing it wrong!" or "I refuse to do something like this or that because of that!" The problem was that the clans procrastinated. We all waited until the last second to try to get the ball rolling, and that just can't be done.

We need more time to plan it, and we need to actually do so, instead of just putting it off.

(please note that I am not accusing Dirty Dozen of being one of these clans.)

BowZa28
  • BowZa28

New Account: Bowz

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

Jubbs, i agree to pat because i'd much rather be doing something like this in the summer. I'm bogged down with enough college work, and working as it is.

It would be good if we had this every year, each summer.

ByronG
  • ByronG

Turf Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

GUTTED n im sh*t ffs

Looked good now its all turned to sh*t?

Bet amy is pissing herself lol.gif icon14.gif tounge.gif

DTW me up! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

If you guys want this to continue we'll need;

1) Co-operation
2) Commitment
3) People who actually have an idea whats happening (which honestly seem to only be DDZN and Pat.)

If not then I've got something far easier planned that doesn't require commitment.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

I've got a plan/idea to start the Gang League 2009. I wrote about it earlier, and i'll post a bit more info in the coming days on what i though of.

Simply put, everything will be prepared, matches can be played anytime in the 365 days, and gangs arrange the date when they will face each other.

You'll see soon, if this fails.

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Dec 5 2008, 22:57)
I've got a plan/idea to start the Gang League 2009. I wrote about it earlier, and i'll post a bit more info in the coming days on what i though of.

Simply put, everything will be prepared, matches can be played anytime in the 365 days, and gangs arrange the date when they will face each other.

You'll see soon, if this fails.

Haha, me and Arv already discussed a lot of things and plan on putting some in action. The Gang League was one, but if you've got it underwraps then go for it smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:12 PM

Yeah, i will post the topic tomorrow once i get everything ready i guess. smile.gif

Still though, the all out Gang Leagues doesnt mean this is only competition.

We could always organise a Deathmatch rumble in IV or something

Skimask101
  • Skimask101

No

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:41 AM

Lol! I'm the only person who voted I donno!

Celtic_Assasinz
  • Celtic_Assasinz

Call me the bus driver, coz I'll take you to school

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

The problem with a Gang League is, if teams cannot make 1 or 2 matches in this tournament, how are they going to make it to about 5-10 matches in a league. (rhetorical question)

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

Well, the GT was supposed to be only in December, and everyone's busy with school then.

the GT league is meant to begin in january and finish in december, so these 10-15 matches teams can play throughout the 12 months, whenever they like/arrange it. wink.gif

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx
  • xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

North Holland Hustlers

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

damn, i never even got a chance to procrastinate. my team's matches were this weekend, and our opponent ignored us, so i guess this is over? that blows. i'm not sure if waiting for next summer is a good idea. that's really far away. the yearlong league sounds like it could work. it's better when the two teams involved arrange their own dates and times, because that's the most difficult part. too much work for an outsider to arrange.
well, i've got an xbox, so if any gangs or individual gang members with an xbox would still like to fight, unofficially, just send me a friend request. i'm on often. and can usually get a couple other guys to fight, too. gotta keep the skills sharp. can't be getting rusty. i'd be happy to challenge anyone at anytime.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (xxxSIDESH0Wxxx @ Dec 6 2008, 16:28)
damn, i never even got a chance to procrastinate. my team's matches were this weekend, and our opponent ignored us, so i guess this is over? that blows. i'm not sure if waiting for next summer is a good idea. that's really far away. the yearlong league sounds like it could work. it's better when the two teams involved arrange their own dates and times, because that's the most difficult part. too much work for an outsider to arrange.
well, i've got an xbox, so if any gangs or individual gang members with an xbox would still like to fight, unofficially, just send me a friend request. i'm on often. and can usually get a couple other guys to fight, too. gotta keep the skills sharp. can't be getting rusty. i'd be happy to challenge anyone at anytime.

Common sense, at last, don't worry i did not procrastinate either

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

Gang Tournament has been put on a hiatus. Arv and I have discussed this and feel that this thread is headed into a piece of dribble, far from what we intended. Thank you for those who participated but the activity from a majority of gangs has been really disappointing. Please feel free to schedule your own matches thanks to gameguru's Gang Matches/Duels thread.

~The Gang Tournament Staff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users