Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAF Gang Tournament 08

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
374 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like the tournament to be postponed? (Leave a post with your opinion) (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the tournament to be postponed? (Leave a post with your opinion)

1. Lets just play. (7 votes [17.07%])

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

2. Postpone (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Scrap It. (14 votes [34.15%])

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

4. I donno (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

5. This poll does not concern me or my gang. (5 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

Vote
Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Dec 1 2008, 20:37)
I have the will doc. Otherwise i wouldn't post that post wink.gif

Good. If u need help count on me. smile.gif

DC93
  • DC93

Mako Eyes.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (GTArv @ Dec 1 2008, 19:04)
The PC games couldn't be organized well, and have been postponed. PS3 games start on Dec 4.

http://www.gtaforums...entry1058668603

3 days eh...

Time to get back in training.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

CODE
OdDsOcKOdDsOcKGTA IV-5 GMTEvening?

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

The Exiles FTW, The start is near Dec 4 YEH.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

Best of luck to everyone playing tonight see you in the next round tounge2.gif

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Are the T.C.D even playing this game?because theres been no word from them and its supposed to be on at 9:00 Pm which is less than and hour away.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

^
Be punctual for any event. Make sure you pick a good time slot for you and the rest of your gang participating in the event. If you turn up late, or don't show up, you will forfeit the game and your opposing team will be considered as the winner.

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

well they didn't show up they were supposed to be on 20 minuites ago confused.gif

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Tommy-Vercetti19 @ Dec 4 2008, 21:18)
well they didn't show up they were supposed to be on 20 minuites ago confused.gif

I guess we know what that means...
If you turn up late, or don't show up, you will forfeit the game and your opposing team will be considered as the winner.

Is this tourney still going on though? Seems like everyone forgot.

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

So we won I guess.

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:59 AM

Shame really. confused.gif While this tourney sounded like a good idea, it's just too hard to work around the fact that we're all scattered at different places around the globe.

DC93
  • DC93

Mako Eyes.

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

What the f*ck happened to the Y v SRS match?? I was the only Y on mercie_blink.gif

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:18 AM

Apparently no one showed up.

This whole thing is going to need a re-vamp! Gangs seem to be way too lazy to play.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:28 AM Edited by lordjubblydave, 05 December 2008 - 10:54 AM.

Is it even worth the Dirty Dozen vs Apocalyps3 match taking place ?

Whoever wins tonight won't get to progress because the opponents will not show up tomorrow.
Its a shame really these dates have been arranged for a while now and so far not 1 match has been completed.
People keep blaming time zones, It is not a time zone issue it is apathy.

Every match we have played so far be it on gamebattles or ps3leaderboards or friendlies with apocalyps3/Exiles/Men of Mayhem/IOS has had some sort of timezone issue, hell even the DTW cup has time zone issues but that still went ahead, 32 people all playing at the same time 3 weeks in a row.

Also yes i know people have jobs and school or children or pet dogs that need walking, your not the only ones, believe it or not so do we.
Basically in future, if your going to sign up for one of these tournament/leagues, whatever at least show some respect and show up as some people, invest a lot of their own personal time in devising and setting up these events.

Disclaimer

The above views are lordjubblydave's personal opinions and are in no way endorsed by or shared by the rest of the dirty dozen.
Any problems with spelling or punctuation or i think my gang is better than yours or don't spam in here or i hate you all your just douchebags etc, should be sent to me via pm rather than aired in here or the dirty dozen thread.

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

Yup, Jubbly's hit the nail on the head. I'll talk to Arv and we'll probably have to re-haul this whole thing until people show some actual interest where they show up.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:55 AM Edited by GTArv, 05 December 2008 - 10:58 AM.

Poll attached. Please cast a truthful vote.

Well said jubbly.
Personally, I feel gangs were not given enough time to prepare themselves. This tournament was spur-of-the-moment decision, nad was a bit hastily scheduled.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:53 AM Edited by docrikowski, 05 December 2008 - 11:56 AM.

QUOTE (GTArv @ Dec 5 2008, 10:55)
Poll attached. Please cast a truthful vote.

Well said jubbly.
Personally, I feel gangs were not given enough time to prepare themselves. This tournament was  spur-of-the-moment decision, nad was a bit hastily scheduled.

My suggestions for a future GTAF tournament: well, first of all I can tell u how it works in DTW Cup. Each team has two designated "Gang Secretaries". These two GSs have the responsibility of scheduling the matches and gathering his teammates using PMs, posts and PSN messages. They also have to post the results using a template code. It's a s*itty job but someone has gotta do it to make the Cup work. Then there's me stalking the GSs and basically every player involved in the Cup biggrin.gif
Usually there's a chosen weekend or day/time (mostly sunday at 10pm UK time) when the matches have to be played (we had to postpone just one untill now).
And there's a bit of interactivity/reward in the form of individual prizes tags to add to your sig. And stats to check out. It's a lot of work indeed... at least for one person.
I think that these kind of things could help and be considered if a new GTAF tournament is organized. But as I said before it's a collective effort and players must be involved in it following the goal of having some competitive fun together (public rewards/prizes are important too).
If more people is involved in the different aspects of the organization it can come out quite good.
I can help in the design department with the tags prizes that people then could personally add to their sig.
I.e.: a GTAF champion tag...
Since u guys are already ledbys maybe there could be a way of adding the prizes not in the sig but near the member user... Don't know if that is possible... Well, some kind of public reward is important for the winners and for the gangs involved. Something merely graphic. Glory it's not enough biggrin.gif
This is all that I have in mind at the moment. Anymore ideas I'll tell u...
I'm here to help. smile.gif

EDIT: I voted postpone in case the idea is to re-organize things. But I'm ready to play, and so is DDZN. I mean I thought we were goin to play tonight... Maybe if we go on with the tournament right now we can see better what works and what not...

Juice By Kayla Marie
  • Juice By Kayla Marie

space vision; blast off

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

postpone, we need more organization and better communication. icon14.gif

Koik
  • Koik

We could never be just friends

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Lochie @ Dec 5 2008, 09:18)

This whole thing is going to need a re-vamp! Gangs seem to be way too lazy to play.

Well duh, nobody told anyone when the damn match was! Why did you not put it into the first post?

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

Postpone or lets just play.. Any of those two.

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Lochie @ Dec 5 2008, 09:18)

all of my gang roster were ready to play.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

My personal vote would be for postponing it until June or July of 2009.

• Six months gives people plenty of time to prepare, and work out things such as time zone differences.
• Most clans will have more members by then, which means it will be easier to find backup for the match if a certain player doesn't show.
• Summer is a good time for almost anyone. College is out, university is out, school is out, you name it.

It would be a long wait, but it's not as though you can't have friendly matches (or even competitive matches) in the meantime.

Zxirius
  • Zxirius

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:56 PM Edited by Vicehog, 05 December 2008 - 03:59 PM.

Postpone. It's still a good idea, no need to scrap it just yet.

QUOTE (Pat @ Dec 5 2008, 09:53)
My personal vote would be for postponing it until June or July of 2009.

• Six months gives people plenty of time to prepare, and work out things such as time zone differences.
• Most clans will have more members by then, which means it will be easier to find backup for the match if a certain player doesn't show.
• Summer is a good time for almost anyone. College is out, university is out, school is out, you name it.

It would be a long wait, but it's not as though you can't have friendly matches (or even competitive matches) in the meantime.

I was just about to say the same thing. Organizing it months ahead of time will give more people time to prepare and work around things to make sure they're there. Also, a good amount of time to make sure no one forgets.

We can still have little challenges gang vs. gang, but this will be organized and recognized. This will also give the leaders of the competition enough time to plan out extra things that can be added to make it a much more honorable win.

BowZa28
  • BowZa28

New Account: Bowz

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

Agree with pat icon14.gif

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:46 PM Edited by lordjubblydave, 05 December 2008 - 05:01 PM.

QUOTE (BowZa28 @ Dec 5 2008, 16:36)
Agree with pat icon14.gif

You are joking, right ?, i agree with giving teams time to get more members etc but 6 months is a crazy amount of time, I think and its not the amount of members thats the problem apocalyps3 were ready to play tonight with 3 or 4 out of 5 total members, i mean, some of the gangs have 20 plus members the problem was the lack of communication between opposing teams and a lack of organisation within teams, 2 weeks is more than enough time to organise and schedule a match, i do it all the time.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

Dave, you're acting as though APOCALYPS3 and DDZN are the only two clans competing.

There are plenty of other clans competing, and most, if not all, have been having problems with communication, organization, and timezones. Six months will mean we have enough planning time to make sure nothing goes wrong. Two weeks is no where near long enough. Besides, doing it during the summer would work great, because we wouldn't have to worry about people being in school/college/etc.

As I mentioned, it's not as though you can't do friendly and/or competitive matches with APOCALYPS3 in the meantime. This is a tournament that involves the whole clan forums, and it needs quite a bit of time for planning.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

Im sorry, but i disagree ive been arranging matches for dirty dozen for 6 months now we played an entire season in gamebattles it did not take 6 months for us to get a team together, i only used the match i was involved in as up until this morning it was the only one that was going to be played out and we had to deal with timezones and all the other issues, that you mentioned. Basically im saying whether its 2 weeks or in 6 months time those issues will still be there whether its school, work, family, holidays etc so the same problems will need to be dealt with, and if nobody is willing to deal with them, the tournament still will not happen.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

You've set up single matches, correct? Have you set up tournaments, with up to 15+ clans? That's what this is. It takes a little more organization and time than a match between two clans, because it's much more complicated.

There are different formats, different times, a lot of clans... there's just a lot of variables that you don't seem to understand. I can see that you've organized matches for DDZN, but to be honest, this is completely different.

The final decision is up to GTArv and Lochie, but I stand by my opinion. We need at least two months to organize this. Preferably more.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

6 months is a bit far cry.gif
I agree on summer though but I think we could try a tournament a bit earlier... February?

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

Your misunderstanding me, its not down to gtarv or anyone to spoon feed us everything, its a collective effort to make these things succeed, they started the thread and set the dates for the matches, it is then up to the individual teams to sort out their own matches and time issues between themselves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users