Photo

Problems running GTA 4

4 replies to this topic
Azzaboi
  • Azzaboi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

Hi, I'm Aaron, I just brought the game GTA 4 PC yesterday (early Christmas present from my parents)

Eager to play, it installed fine and activation, all setup fine. Force install of games for windows and the social club annoying but also not a problem. Problem is that in game the menu shows up black most of the time and clicking the start button displays the following error before quitting back to windows:

'GTA IV FATAL ERROR: RC20'

It's the first game not to work on my computer (it's never crashed and well means requirements) and I'm very disappointed, any ideas of whats wrong?

Computer Specs are:
Duo Core 2.8Ghz
2GB Ram
320MB Nvidia 8800GTX
600GB Free
WinXP Pro SP3 - fully updated
DirectX 9c
Microsoft .NET 3
Duel-Layer DVD drive

maRRko
  • maRRko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

i get the same error code, but it seems like noone knows the solution for it..
it's not even in the errors lists you can find on the web...

i'm eager to see what will happen with all of this mess.. i'm so pissed off i could rip someones head off... confused.gif

when doeas this error occures?

i'm getting it when i press PLAY on that fcking social club sh*t, then two images fly by like it's starting the game, and woilla!! FATAL ERROR...

cryani.gif

wnkinc
  • wnkinc

wnkinc

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (maRRko @ Dec 5 2008, 09:01)

i'm eager to see what will happen with all of this mess.. i'm so pissed off i could rip someones head off...  confused.gif

i'm getting it when i press PLAY on that fcking social club sh*t, then two images fly by like it's starting the game, and woilla!! FATAL ERROR...

cryani.gif

dont get pissed off, its not worth it, relax, xasue u know once it starts,
your going to turnit off if u go online, because thats the only way yuoooooooooooor going to hide from me..

maRRko
  • maRRko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (wnkinc @ Dec 5 2008, 09:40)
QUOTE (maRRko @ Dec 5 2008, 09:01)

i'm eager to see what will happen with all of this mess.. i'm so pissed off i could rip someones head off...  confused.gif

cryani.gif

dont get pissed off, its not worth it, relax, xasue u know once it starts,
your going to turnit off if u go online, because thats the only way yuoooooooooooor going to hide from me..

sure, whatever you say dozingoff.gif

Azzaboi
  • Azzaboi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:34 PM Edited by Azzaboi, 08 December 2008 - 09:40 PM.

Well, thx for your replys,

I finally got it working, updating everything, installing beta version Nvidia graphic card drivers and uninstalling / re-installing the game a number of times and tweaking with it. Still a black texture flicker problem, poor graphics - medium/high locked (compared to other games like Crysis on max quality on my computer). Tried going out on a date bowling just to give out about the bowling mouse bug...

Doesn't really like my graphics card I guess, so returned the game and got my money back (no problem)
Brought 'Left for Dead' instead!

I luv the GTA series, but this should of never been released at this beta state, not gonna buy a buggy DVD which you have to feck with, even if theres a patch to come, get your money back or just have fun b*tching Rockstar till they fix it!

btw...

RC20 Error means: Graphic textures missing/corrupt from install
Solution: re-install the game, if that fails, re-install again...

http://www.rockstarg...des_ALL_EN.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users