Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

i know u have to sign up/install

GWFL
rockstar social club
secrurom
microsoft framework (what version?)

and thing else or tips when installing it?

Nitari
  • Nitari

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

yes make sure you have plenty of time in hand before starting installation biggrin.gif

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (divinee @ Dec 4 2008, 19:13)

dunno, maybe roll a blunt to relax so that you dont freak out as soon as disaster strikes?

Graven
  • Graven

Chastity is Pleasure

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

You can ease up that installation process little by creating GFWL & R* Social Club accounts before installing the game.
Had Framework already installed. GTA IV installation went smoothly without any problems.

Zach
  • Zach

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Nitari @ Dec 4 2008, 14:18)
yes make sure you have plenty of time in hand before starting installation biggrin.gif

Understatement of the year. lol.gif

divinee
  • divinee

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (divinee @ Dec 4 2008, 19:13)

dunno, maybe roll a blunt to relax so that you dont freak out as soon as disaster strikes?

big fat juicy one
You can ease up that installation process little by creating GFWL & R* Social Club accounts before installing the game.
Had Framework already installed. GTA IV installation went smoothly without any problems.

do you have issues with the game like other people?

zjofftheheaze
  • zjofftheheaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:35 AM

do you HAVE to download all the extra stuff like social club etc. to play?

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

It will install everything you need.

zjofftheheaze
  • zjofftheheaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:57 AM

lol cool thanks.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

This is the way I prefer to install IV:

Install RGSC
Install IV
Install GFWL
Update RGSC
Update GFWL
Install .NET 3.0, 3.0 SP1, 3.5 and 3.5 SP1 in order
Apply first patch
Apply second patch

Hope this helps.

G-Forcers xD
  • G-Forcers xD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

I got somekind of transfer error when gta 4 has uploaded about 3 mins at the disc 1 and i can't do anything to fix it what is wrong? cryani.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm assuming it's the "feature transfer error", you can try doing three things:
1) replace the DVDs at the store
2) copy both disk contents onto a HDD folder and then run the installer from there
3) if you have some other PC nearby, you can try copying or installing the files over the network or via some other mean

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Installing the game is NOT rocket science-ALL you do is: (1) Insert first disc and start the install, then it will automatically eject that disc and ask for the next one-switch to the next disc and continue installation...after that it asks for the first disc again(if i'm not mistaken?)-if so do that...and after that, you are done, as the ONLY thing it will ask for next is for the Activation code from the package, which will not be until the first time you run the game...Not hard/difficult for people who follow directions-lol tounge2.gif lol.gif

However, it seems like the ONLY people who have installation problems are: either (1) the ones who have discs in bad shape, OR (2) Have PC's that do not meet minimum/are barely at minimum for the game, OR (3) Have an illegal game copy...point blank..No offence, but true...Just confusing how people complain about having problems with installing games, when it is simply insert disc, Auto run starts, follow on screen instructions, and done...not hard at all-only takes about 10 minutes to install IV(at least for me anyway)...Just curious and confused there.. confused.gif

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

you have to install both software to play GTA IV, but you don't have to create accounts - unless you want to play online.
i leave the rockstar sc fields blank and tell it to play offline, hit ok.
then when gfwl starts its mess, i choose offline profile... you will have to scroll down to see the option - this is microsoft's trickery at work. i have done this on the last three installs.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 18:03)
Installing the game is NOT rocket science-ALL you do is: (1) Insert first disc and start the install, then it will automatically eject that disc and ask for the next one-switch to the next disc and continue installation...after that it asks for the first disc again(if i'm not mistaken?)-if so do that...and after that, you are done, as the ONLY thing it will ask for next is for the Activation code from the package, which will not be until the first time you run the game...Not hard/difficult for people who follow directions-lol tounge2.gif lol.gif

However, it seems like the ONLY people who have installation problems are: either (1) the ones who have discs in bad shape, OR (2) Have PC's that do not meet minimum/are barely at minimum for the game, OR (3) Have an illegal game copy...point blank..No offence, but true...Just confusing how people complain about having problems with installing games, when it is simply insert disc, Auto run starts, follow on screen instructions, and done...not hard at all-only takes about 10 minutes to install IV(at least for me anyway)...Just curious and confused there.. confused.gif

^^^THIS^^^^

It's so easy a caveman could do it.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

well - go over to their house and show them how to do it, then. everybody has to start somewhere? the first time i swapped a CDRW, it took me 2-3 hours.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:59 PM Edited by Slamman, 02 July 2012 - 03:04 PM.

QUOTE (Nitari @ Thursday, Dec 4 2008, 19:18)
yes make sure you have plenty of time in hand before starting installation  biggrin.gif

I had to pause the install during the early audio file stage, for Episodes, I got through GTA IV in one go. However, it will take about an hour, same as XP or MS OS install of the later variety

Should FYI, if you break from the install for any reason, STOP after hitting cancel, don't close your dialog, since there's a BACK browser style key, at that point it halts reading and writing, you can then summon up your HIBERNATION tab or STAND BY and put the machine into sleep mode. I'm doing this now so it should not present a problem. As for ejecting discs, it doesnt' do that on my machine, but it will stop and prompt for the other disc, when you load it, don't initiate any AUTO PLAY dialog, close it or ignore it, the main installshield is where you prompt it to continue the process

The online registering part of SecuRom is to verify your purchase, and if you have the manual with the serial, type that in, go online for a wee bit, it will download any updates, as in any thing from Episodes if not installed beforehand... Which is probably the way to do it, since I didn't
The RockstarGames site offers a zip file for OFFLINE installers, but ultimately I was able to get online and get them working, I've played both PC editions at different times, but they're being put on one machine for now
Dell GX620, for a more portable PC (SFF) gaming platform
They've taken off the prerequisite for Social Club, part of the new additions you download as you complete the process

salujagaurav
  • salujagaurav

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

hey i have downloaded GTA 4 repacked by xatab. from torrent site.

its around 10 GB in 3 .iso files.

when mounting and installing there is an error coming..

its in russian so i cant understand it....

help me out it took about a week to download the game...

please help

mail me at [email protected]

salujagaurav001 (at) gmail (dot) com

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

Buy the game, we don't support pirates.

LoreLegend
  • LoreLegend

Kill or be killed

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

omg really?

Theres 10 easy steps to install GTA IV

1. Get the GTA IV disc
2. Put it in your computer
3. Wait for something to pop up and just click on autorun or something like that
4. Follow the installation instructions
5. Wait for it till it says you have to insert the second disc
6. Put in the second disc and click on ok
7. Wait
8. Done
9. Put in the first disc
10. Play

That wasn't so hard was it?
I could do an installation since I was 5 years old

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users