1,081 replies to this topic
shadow85
  • shadow85

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (camdean @ Dec 5 2008, 16:31)
QUOTE (shadow85 @ Dec 4 2008, 20:26)
in other words, my USB pad works now, except the Z axis and Z rotation have been swapped.

Have you managed to fix this yet, I stood on my logitech pad last night and broke the dam thing lol !!!

I went to my local Game and bought a ps2 replica for £12, they didnt have any xbox pc ones in since last year apparantly, I wasnt up for spending more than £15 so near christmas anyway.

Now the right analouge stick has left and right to look up and down etc ..

I still have this problem, but I saw your guide a few posts back, I will check that out and let ya know how it went.

Spectrobozo
  • Spectrobozo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:55 AM

very nice, it works for any xbox 360 gamepad only game, but the mapping is very wrong here... I have a xbox 1 controller adapted to PC, using the XBCD driver smile.gif

DeadlyAvenger
  • DeadlyAvenger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:57 AM

Of course the big question is, WHY WHY WHY would Rockstar not support other controllers? Something to do with the Microsoft tie-in perhaps?

Rockstar, total corporate whore sell outs.

infidel77
  • infidel77

I Rulez

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

Can anyone tell my if it's possible to use my PS3 controller with this game? I already have this game for PS3 and it feels so strange driving in binary mode again, without any triggers to adjust acceleration or braking power.

Kurgen
  • Kurgen

Old Git

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (DeadlyAvenger @ Dec 6 2008, 08:57)
Something to do with the Microsoft tie-in perhaps?

Most likely, and the recent press release from R*, where they say (with some conviction) that any and all Direct-Input compatible controllers will (somehow, mysteriously) become usable in the forthcoming patch, pretty much shows that a deal was struck to ensure that only MS pads would be usable "out of the box".

Spectrobozo
  • Spectrobozo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

it works, but I notice a strange thing, when I use this moded xinput files, when I start a game I heard I noise from the PC speaker I guess, I found that very strange and put the original files back, and no noise wow.gif
mercie_blink.gif

Kurgen
  • Kurgen

Old Git

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (Spectrobozo @ Dec 6 2008, 09:19)
it works, but I notice a strange thing, when I use this moded xinput files, when I start a game I heard I noise from the PC speaker I guess, I found that very strange and put the original files back, and no noise wow.gif
mercie_blink.gif

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but didn't realise it only started after "installing" the new files. It's like an "I'm not happy about something!" BIOS-beep, yeah? Well spotted. icon14.gif

LentoMan
  • LentoMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Kurgen @ Dec 6 2008, 09:23)
QUOTE (Spectrobozo @ Dec 6 2008, 09:19)
it works, but I notice a strange thing, when I use this moded xinput files, when I start a game I heard I noise from the PC speaker I guess, I found that very strange and put the original files back, and no noise  wow.gif
mercie_blink.gif

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but didn't realise it only started after "installing" the new files. It's like an "I'm not happy about something!" BIOS-beep, yeah? Well spotted. icon14.gif

Nothing to worry about, it's no error but actually in the code for the dll. It beeps during initialization the first time XInputGetState of the dll is called, which is the function that retrieves what buttons and directions are currently pressed on the controller.

CODE

if (!didinit) {
Beep(100,100);
}

shadow85
  • shadow85

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

can anyone let me know if they have this working with a PS3 controller on Vista x64 plz.

shadow85
  • shadow85

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:34 AM Edited by shadow85, 06 December 2008 - 11:51 AM.

hey, thanks camdean, I am close to gettting my USB g.pad axis working properly. I used the jototkey program and the lil guide you made a few posts back, koz I was having the X and Y axis problem. Now the analog stick up and down works correctly, but still have problems with the left and right directions. When I press analog stick left, it view upwards, vise versa for when I press right.

I followed your guide correctyl, my pad is a USB gamepad powerwave (PS2 style), anyhelp?

EDIT: NVM got it working, thanks for this prog, really helped out.

de_baser
  • de_baser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

i made the fix at 4 am last night and i honestly can't remember which files i used, but they worked! It might have been those ps2 mapped files, but i'm not entirely sure. Either way, my rumblepad 2 is now in the clear, except the start and back buttons are swapped, but that's not really gonna bother me too much. cheers and happy gaming, guys.

Lighttree
  • Lighttree

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (flipper @ Dec 6 2008, 06:03)
also about the D-pad POV, there is also
D-pad Up, D-pad Down, D-pad Left, D-pad Right, as stated in the readme.txt smile.gif

but in my config it works by just having D-pad POV=1

Thank you very much!!

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (infidel77 @ Dec 6 2008, 08:58)
Can anyone tell my if it's possible to use my PS3 controller with this game? I already have this game for PS3 and it feels so strange driving in binary mode again, without any triggers to adjust acceleration or braking power.

I have got my ps3 wireless controller working 100% with GTA 4 and it works just like it does on the PS3 - feels great.

You will need to setup BtSix 1.5c and a number of other bits of software for the controller to work with Windows and then setup PPJoy to define the buttons etc. If you can get that all setup (you need a Bluetooth receiver) I can give you the PPJoy settings so the controller works exactly as it should in the game.

shadow85
  • shadow85

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (SlingShotUK @ Dec 6 2008, 12:24)

I have got my ps3 wireless controller working 100% with GTA 4 and it works just like it does on the PS3 - feels great.

You will need to setup BtSix 1.5c and a number of other bits of software for the controller to work with Windows and then setup PPJoy to define the buttons etc. If you can get that all setup (you need a Bluetooth receiver) I can give you the PPJoy settings so the controller works exactly as it should in the game.

what O/s is that on you got it working?

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (shadow85 @ Dec 6 2008, 11:34)
hey, thanks camdean, I am close to gettting my USB g.pad axis working properly. I used the jototkey program and the lil guide you made a few posts back, koz I was having the X and Y axis problem. Now the analog stick up and down works correctly, but still have problems with the left and right directions. When I press analog stick left, it view upwards, vise versa for when I press right.

I followed your guide correctyl, my pad is a USB gamepad powerwave (PS2 style), anyhelp?

EDIT: NVM got it working, thanks for this prog, really helped out.

I had the same at first, try changing different axis settings on JOYTOKEY, you can actually do it when playing, just alt tab out and try it out, If you notice my left and right ends up on axis 4, so it may be different for yours wink.gif

Reset your current JOYTOKEY for left and right, then just go through them one by one, thats what I did untill I found the right axis wink.gif

infidel77
  • infidel77

I Rulez

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (SlingShotUK @ Dec 6 2008, 12:24)

I sent you a PM! I would very much appreciate your help smile.gif

_KoE_Mzungu
  • _KoE_Mzungu

GFWL: KoE Mzungu

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:41 PM

So far my gamepad is useable in IV, the only problem is mapping of the four keys which are named A, B, X and Y. The only button which corresponds with my gamepad (Speedlink Strike SL-6535) is the B-button. The buttons on my gamepad are named just 1, 2, 3, 4; in GTA SA these are named Joy 1, Joy 2, Joy 3 and Joy 4.
Joy 1 should be Y but functions as A.
Joy 2 should be B and functions as B. (at least 1 button correct)
Joy 3 should be A but functions as X.
Joy 4 should be X but functions as Y.

I've tried to configure this with an 'xbox360cemu.ini' in my Windows map but this seems to have no effect ingame. My current settings in this file concerning these buttons are:
A=3
B=2
X=4
Y=1
Any help / solution will be in order.

catzilla
  • catzilla

Professional pilot

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (catzilla @ Dec 5 2008, 22:20)
Flipper in his post put up a few interesting files apparently modified by him.

I found that this works 100% with button reassignments! At least for my Logitech RumblePad 2. No more mixed up ABYX buttons. =)

Here is his archive on my server. I also adjusted the xbox360cemu.ini so it fits my Logitech RumblePad 2 PERFECTLY.

Make sure you read the readme.txt.

This works.

_KoE_Mzungu
  • _KoE_Mzungu

GFWL: KoE Mzungu

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:22 PM Edited by _KoE_Mzungu, 06 December 2008 - 03:32 PM.

TY biggrin.gif Works better than the previous download i.c.w. .ini.
Just had to reassign the buttons in the .ini and now works properly!

infidel77
  • infidel77

I Rulez

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

I managed to my PS3 Sixaxis controller installed successfully, but I'm kind of confused on how to configure the controls so I can use it? I tried using custom mapping but it doesn't recognize if I press any buttons in the controller. Also how do I enable the analogue sticks also so I can use them for steering?

bluebird2008
  • bluebird2008

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

I have a Saitek P2600 and have managed to get itworking for the most part on Vista64. Please can someone let me know how to change the buttons as at themo I have no run or kick buttons, drivings alot easier tho cool.gif

shadow85
  • shadow85

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

hi, still wanting to know if any Vista x64 users have there PS3 controller working.

themasher729
  • themasher729

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

first i will say that i have my Ps3 controller recognized by the computer and use it wired only . i use it in other games and just configure it in game settings inside games like need for speed underground.

now the problem.. in gta 4 my ps3 controller barely works only the sticks work correctly really the d pad and x,square..etc do nothing.

what i have done

i installed PPjoy and added a virtual controller but when i try to map my sixaxis by pushing the the scan button in ppjoy and them pressing a button on the sixaxis it does con recognize it. so i just changed some buttons using the drop down menus in ppjoy. nothing changed in game.

so then i tried the xbox360cemu.ini route. i followed a guide i found at http://www.bethsoft....hp?t913117.html the post by stipes79 after that still no changes to the buttons in the game.

my system os is vista sp1 32bit

i have also read the manual at ppjoy and that told me nothing really. been searching for a ps3 controller mapping guide and all i find is just use ppjoy and thats what i would like to do.

so anybody out there able to point me to a guide to getting ppjoy to really map my sixaxis or able to help would be much appreciated.

i can just tell this is going to end in a reformat.

NSX
  • NSX

Reality is the illusion caused by a shortage of alcohol

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

Excellent tip, got my Logitec Dual Action to work now biggrin.gif

pete391
  • pete391

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:04 AM Edited by pete391, 07 December 2008 - 02:08 AM.

A program called Joytokey works great on any game for me so far....Very good program that works great and has alot of options that you learn as you use it.....Its a free program so give it a try.....In no time working with it you will learn how to configure all buttions and axis to work great on your controller....Especially great for games that dont have controller support...It maps your keyboard buttons to your controller....Works with any game I have tried so far..

93bh
  • 93bh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

Another solution to remove the old xinput9_1_0.dll before put the modified version of xinput9_1_0.dll.

-Install this. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
-Right click on the file and click on Unlocker. Choose Delete from drop-down box.

Done!

borbs
  • borbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (flipper @ Dec 6 2008, 06:03)
i thought i fixed the config but i broke it (had up and down on the right stick switched, so bowling was opposite)

new links:

xbox360cemu.ini:
xbox360cemu.ini

xbox360cemu.ini + dlls, readme, controls, source, backups:
xbox360.emulation.ps2.zip

also about the D-pad POV, there is also
D-pad Up, D-pad Down, D-pad Left, D-pad Right, as stated in the readme.txt smile.gif

but in my config it works by just having D-pad POV=1

Thanks m8! Finally it works!

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (themasher729 @ Dec 6 2008, 18:56)
first i will say that i have my Ps3 controller recognized by the computer and use it wired only . i use it in other games and just configure it in game settings inside games like need for speed underground.

now the problem.. in gta 4 my ps3 controller barely works only the sticks work correctly really the d pad and x,square..etc do nothing.

what i have done

i installed PPjoy and added a virtual controller but when i try to map my sixaxis by pushing the the scan button in ppjoy and them pressing a button on the sixaxis it does con recognize it. so i just changed some buttons using the drop down menus in ppjoy. nothing changed in game.

so then i tried the xbox360cemu.ini route. i followed a guide i found at http://www.bethsoft....hp?t913117.html the post by stipes79 after that still no changes to the buttons in the game.

my system os is vista sp1 32bit

i have also read the manual at ppjoy and that told me nothing really. been searching for a ps3 controller mapping guide and all i find is just use ppjoy and thats what i would like to do.

so anybody out there able to point me to a guide to getting ppjoy to really map my sixaxis or able to help would be much appreciated.

i can just tell this is going to end in a reformat.

Hi mate,

I can't help on the wired approach but I have the ps3 controller working 100% via Bluetooth. If that's an option for you (a bluetooth dongle is really cheap) I can advise on the exact ppjoy settings to get GTA 4 to work as it does in the PS3 version.

Mr Heckler
  • Mr Heckler

I kick fanboy arse before breakfast

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

Using the xinput dll files will break other programs within windows, at least I have found that some of the games bundled with vista 64 bit will no longer work with the modified dll files.

There will be support for input devices in the patch due shortly and my advice would be to restore the original files and wait a few days for the certified ones.

I can live without a joypad for now, been playing driving games via mouse and keyboard for long enough to not be bothered by it... the only downside is controlling a heli with mouse/keyboard... but that will be sorted with the patch.

Sonny Valzini
  • Sonny Valzini

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:23 PM

I am trying to get a ps2 pad to work through a super joybox 2 usb.Could someone pls explain the installation of the files in more detail.Do you back up the original files incase it does not work?I copied the files into my system32 folder and replaced the old ones, but this has not worked.BTW im on xp pro sp3.

Any help, much appreciated.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users