All Controllers WORKING!

1,081 replies to this topic
Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (catzilla @ Dec 5 2008, 15:45)
Well, couldn't you assign the wheel to the axis contols? This way it's not binary =)

That's not really how it works as far as I know.

I'm going to wait for the patch before I start playing around with this anyway.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (LentoMan @ Dec 5 2008, 18:54)
QUOTE (LentoMan @ Dec 4 2008, 22:16)

Open the xbox360cemu.ini in your windows folder with notepad, you then have to swap the swap the two values for right analog

Right Analog X=3
Right Analog Y=-6
change to
Right Analog X=-6
Right Analog Y=3
If the any of the two axis is reversed just add or remove a minus -
Right Analog X=6
Right Analog Y=-3

Good luck, wink.gif
/LentoMan

I just tried this and changed the settings like you said but with no luck, I tried putting the file into the windows folder, the gta folder and my /systemWOW64 folder.

It doesn't seem to be changing the settings, I have the other dll files copied into my /systemWOW64 folder already.

Help appreciated, thanks.

andyrs
  • andyrs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for posting this info! Makes the game so much more fun to play! I am using a wireless rumblepad 2 with Vista and have no problems.

themasher729
  • themasher729

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:33 PM Edited by themasher729, 05 December 2008 - 08:53 PM.

My ps3 controller works in the game now just have to get the right mapping with ppjoy. I once we get correct mapping with ppjoy i think the mapping should be added to the first post for the most popular controllers.

to be more clear for vista users having trouble with XInput9_1_0.dll permissions

1. browse to \Windows\System32
2. find XInput9_1_0.dll and right click on it. select properties
3. go to Security tab then advanced at bottom right
4. now go to the Owner tab click Edit at bottom left
5. select your user name and click okay
6. I believe it tells you that you have to close properties for it to take effect so click ok to that and close out of properties
7. open properties and go to the security tab again and select advanced
8. in the permissions tab click edit
9. select your user account and click edit
10. check the full control box and click ok until you are out of all the windows.
11. make sure to backup the original XInput9_1_0.dll . now you can put the new XInput9_1_0.dll file into \Windows\System32

@ SlingShotUK can we get a look at your ppjoy mapping

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

I just combed the net with a flea comb and I still dont have a clue how to configure my pad to work, All I need to do is switch the z+y axis on my second analogue stick, tried the xbox360cemu.ini methods mentioned but nothing works. It works fine in my controller options in windows, but when I run the game, the second analogue stick has left/right mixed with up/down, Nightmaires !!

Help me before I die rampage_ani.gif

LentoMan
  • LentoMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (camdean @ Dec 5 2008, 19:30)
QUOTE (LentoMan @ Dec 5 2008, 18:54)
QUOTE (LentoMan @ Dec 4 2008, 22:16)

Open the xbox360cemu.ini in your windows folder with notepad, you then have to swap the swap the two values for right analog

Right Analog X=3
Right Analog Y=-6
change to
Right Analog X=-6
Right Analog Y=3
If the any of the two axis is reversed just add or remove a minus -
Right Analog X=6
Right Analog Y=-3

Good luck, wink.gif
/LentoMan

I just tried this and changed the settings like you said but with no luck, I tried putting the file into the windows folder, the gta folder and my /systemWOW64 folder.

It doesn't seem to be changing the settings, I have the other dll files copied into my /systemWOW64 folder already.

Help appreciated, thanks.

I don't use vista, but I know it has some virtual store, but I think it only applies to the registry and the program files folder. Could you try changing one of the buttons you know work and see if the configuration works at all for vista. Make sure you completely shut down gta (and steam if you have it) between changing options and launching the game.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (LentoMan @ Dec 5 2008, 20:54)
I don't use vista, but I know it has some virtual store, but I think it only applies to the registry and the program files folder. Could you try changing one of the buttons you know work and see if the configuration works at all for vista. Make sure you completely shut down gta (and steam if you have it) between changing options and launching the game.

It didn't change it mate wink.gif

I swapped buttons 1 and 2 and they still do the same things, I had all other applications shut down as well.

flipper
  • flipper

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:25 PM Edited by flipper, 06 December 2008 - 06:07 AM.

Hi all, i just configured the xbox360emu.ini to work for my PS2 to USB converter with the same mappings as PS3, hopefully you guys can get something out of it aswell.

I downloaded the 'XBOX360 Controller Emulator by pkt-zer0' and it wouldnt work so i copied and renamed the xinput1_3.dll to xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll & xinput9_1_0.dll and that fixed it

Please read the README.txt for help!

From README.txt:
Place xbox360cemu.ini into 'C:\Windows' Directory.
x32: Place xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll, xinput9_1_0.dll Into 'C:\Windows\System32' Directory.
x64: Place xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll, xinput9_1_0.dll Into 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64' Directory.

xbox360cemu.ini:
xbox360cemu.ini

xbox360cemu.ini + dlls, readme, controls, source, backups:
xbox360.emulation.ps2.zip

(sorry bout rs links my ftp is down)

EDIT: redownload links, the right stick (view) now works properly.
EDIT2: actualy i didnt fix it i broke it (lol), now its fixed.

BigFellor
  • BigFellor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (hussam1988 @ Dec 5 2008, 14:39)
i'm using logitech dualAction
it really sucks and inaccurate welling right and left
any body having trouble as well???

I have a Logitech Dual Action also, and it doesnt work at all on my end. XP x32

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:58 PM Edited by camdean, 05 December 2008 - 10:01 PM.

Hope this helps others but it didn't work for me sad.gif

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (BigFellor @ Dec 5 2008, 21:57)
QUOTE (hussam1988 @ Dec 5 2008, 14:39)
i'm using logitech dualAction
it really sucks and inaccurate welling right and left
any body having trouble as well???

I have a Logitech Dual Action also, and it doesnt work at all on my end. XP x32

""My problem is my left analogue stick doesnt quite reach all the way to the left, I tried re-calibrating it with no luck, luckily I remembered a handy little tool to mess about with your axis on your controller from my BF2 days ..

Just in case anyone has similair problems, use DXTweak if the Clear Calibration Utility doesn't work for you.""

http://www.wingmante.....tion Utility:

I had a similair problem, before I stood on my dual action pad last night, they might help.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (flipper @ Dec 5 2008, 21:25)
Hi all, i just configured the xbox360emu.ini to work for my PS2 to USB converter with the same mappings as PS3, hopefully you guys can get something out of it aswell.

I downloaded the 'XBOX360 Controller Emulator by pkt-zer0' and it wouldnt work so i copied and renamed the xinput1_3.dll to xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll & xinput9_1_0.dll and that fixed it

From README.txt:
x32: Place xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll, xinput9_1_0.dll Into 'C:\Windows\System32' Directory.
x64: Place xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll, xinput9_1_0.dll Into 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64' Directory.

xbox360cemu.ini:
http://rapidshare.co...xbox360cemu.ini

http://rapidshare.co...ulation.ps2.zip

My button configurations are still the same, for some reason it doesn't change them at all, I done everthing, d/l the new files and put them in the correct places, I am using Vista64.

xavier00
  • xavier00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

what about a joystick ????? i have a extreme 3d pro ,,,but im using expadder and its not very good

LentoMan
  • LentoMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (camdean @ Dec 5 2008, 21:58)

My button configurations are still the same, for some reason it doesn't change them at all, I done everthing, d/l the new files and put them in the correct places, I am using Vista64.

As I said, I haven't really used Vista a lot but check you virtual store folder in your profile/user folder, microsoft should really get shot for this behaviour if you ask me.

gemini-
  • gemini-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

yes same here, the x360cemu.ini thing doesnt work, still same wrong buttons.

BUT
you guys can use PPjoy to remap joystick buttons to another joystick button. i believe this is the ONLY program that allows this. theres are loads of key/mouse to joypad, but this is the only joy to joy remapper.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (LentoMan @ Dec 5 2008, 22:13)

As I said, I haven't really used Vista a lot but check you virtual store folder in your profile/user folder, microsoft should really get shot for this behaviour if you ask me.

I put the file in there (it was an empty folder) but it didn't work.

QUOTE (gemini- @ Dec 5 2008, 22:28)

BUT
you guys can use PPjoy to remap joystick buttons to another joystick button. i believe this is the ONLY program that allows this. theres are loads of key/mouse to joypad, but this is the only joy to joy remapper.

I tried this earlier but it kept crashing, my controller is USB and it wouldn't pick it up.

Spicey
  • Spicey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

My Logitech Rumblepad 2 now works. Driving is sooooo much easier to control now! Thanks for the solution. biggrin.gif

LentoMan
  • LentoMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (camdean @ Dec 5 2008, 22:45)

If that is true, maybe vista ignores the call to GetPrivateProfileString as described here:
http://msdn.microsof...353(VS.85).aspx
"lpFileName [in]
The name of the initialization file. If this parameter does not contain a full path to the file, the system searches for the file in the Windows directory."

In the source for this dll it calls this function with "xbox360cemu.ini" so it should look for that file unless vista has it override in the virtual store\windows in your user folder I would guess... I have a partition with Vista64 but since I'm not at that location right now I won't be able to check it out until monday or sunday night...

BTW does anyone know if if gta pc supports vibration, since xinput supports it maybe we can add support for it to the dll, unless the original authors are up for it? http://msdn.microsof...835(VS.85).aspx

gemini-
  • gemini-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:14 PM

BUT

I tried this earlier but it kept crashing, my controller is USB and it wouldn't pick it up.

o really? damn.. does anyone know of any other USB remapper?

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (gemini- @ Dec 5 2008, 23:14)

BUT

o really? damn.. does anyone know of any other USB remapper?

http://www.softpedia...load-78136.html

I am using this to sort my analogue stick axis problems.

it's not pad to pad, but it's all I can do to fix my problem.

I have just noticed something strange, I backed up all my dll's, I just put the original ones back but my joypad still works, I was about remap everything using joytokey, but it looks like I will only have to remap the second analogue stick.

I don't know why it hasnt went back to 'not working', I just hope it doesnt interfere with my new mappings lol !!

de_baser
  • de_baser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

Hey guys, i just registered to add to this thread.

Firstly, a giant thank you to everyone who made the effort as to not completely f*ck up my GTA experience. I had been playing for a day with my Logitech cordless rumblepad 2 via xmapper, but it was still all f*cked up. Just to mention it, these were the bugs, among others:

- Sniper zoom would'nt work
- controls for pool games are shoddy - overly sensitive aiming, completely unusable "mouse thrust" when shooting
- bowling would'nt work at all, like sniper bug
- whenever i started tapping the run button, Niko takes out the knife. Extremely dumb in the middle of a fight.
- And the other regular sh*t.
reason i mention this is just that it has to be completely hellish to play with mouse and keyboard, when this is what you get from it. now, i remapped it to the joypad, but the same bugs persisted when on the default kayboard/mouse wsad setup. also, that setup wouldn't save consistently, meaning i had to remap a few buttons each time i fired up the game.

Anyway: The real issue at hand. The control works a charm now as it's recognized, except for one ridiculous solution:
user posted image

Notice how button #1 is in place of the xbox X button, and goes round like that. In the Xbox setup however, the A button is recognized as #1, and the rest follow. Done, it's a minor problem, and it can be fixed with the .ini file. WRONG. It is fixable per se, and i have a controller which recognizes the A button when i press the actual 2 button on the controller, BUT THE GAME FAILS TO RECOGNIZE THIS. Does anyone know why?

HERE IS XINPUTTEST, where i get this actual fix confirmed, but the game still fails to recognize the buttons correctly. How can this be, if the same method is successful on all other, more f*cked up joypads? I'd like to hear from other users with the logitech rumble2, have you found a solution to this problem, or are you at all experiencing it? I have tried to find a remapper, but PPJOY will not work as this is a USB linked device. (early posts indicate that they might have used ppjoy still, i would in that case like to get a few pointers on how you solved that problem)

Alright. I'm not running around town tapping the left button and jumping into cinematic mode when i press the bottom one.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:55 PM Edited by camdean, 06 December 2008 - 12:23 AM.

Anyone with the problem of mixed axis on right analogue stick, here is what to do ..

Download this programme ..

http://www.softpedia...load-78136.html

Then open it up, hit the create button and name it GTA4 or anything, then on the right tab select others and make sure the 'Use axes other than X and Y' box is ticked, Ignore the slider at the bottom.
user posted image

Now change these 4 axis settings

user posted image

Double click on the ones I have changed, then at the top of the window that opens hit the 'mouse' tab and change the settings I have marked accordingly..

user posted image

I hope that helps someone or I have just made a simple guide for myself lol

This may help you remap keys to buttons as well, if thats your only choice for now.

*EDIT*: On the last picture I have the settings to 100 for all axes, this is how you can change the speed at which the camera turns, so by changing it to only 50 you have a slower spin on your camera wink.gif

de_baser
  • de_baser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:32 AM

another update on my situation:

There are two zips out in circulation, both with the xbox360cemu-thing going. One is marked xinput9_1_0.dll, and the other is marked xinput 3_1.dll. The first one works well with the game, even if it is the only file you replace. However, it doesn't really work with the xbox360cemu file! Meaning changes that you attempt to make will not function, and it will stick to it's original layout, which gives me the mixed up A/B/X-butoon problem. Hopefully, this piece of information should clear things up.

The second set, marked 3_1, does indeed work, but of course there is a catch. If you load it up into the original, untouched files alone, it will not work and your controller will not be recognized. However, you can make several copies of this file and rename them so they fit, which will actually solve the problem. NOT. The game has severe problems reading the controller with this dll, and results in very erratic behaviour from our protagonist. After several attempts, like replacing the 9_1_0 and 1_3 with this file, leaving the other two untouched, the game just started crashing on startup. So, this one's no go either.

There is also the possibility of combining the two dlls in a setup, for example leaving 1_1 and 1_2 unchanged and putting the aforementioned two dll's in together. This works in-game, but it seems the 9_1_0 overrides the 1_3, taking you back to step one where you're unable to change the button setup.

The pack also comes with an src.zip. I have not utilized these files, should i? are they good for anything? Is there anyone here with some skills on altering these files and fixing them up? There's also the other zip file with 4 identical files, which we started up with, that doesn't give you the ability to modify buttons. I'll experiment with these now and see what i can find out, but my knowledge is limited to trial and error. Help is appreciated!

Lighttree
  • Lighttree

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:21 AM

If you use Windows XP 64bit replace these files in \WINDOWS\SysWOW64 as well!

(I searched an hour until I found this out by myself)

catzilla
  • catzilla

Professional pilot

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:20 AM

Flipper in his post put up a few interesting files apparently modified by him.

I found that this works 100% with button reassignments! At least for my Logitech RumblePad 2. No more mixed up ABYX buttons. =)

Here is his archive on my server. I also adjusted the xbox360cemu.ini so it fits my Logitech RumblePad 2 PERFECTLY.

Make sure you read the readme.txt.

Lighttree
  • Lighttree

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

I got one problem.

I was able to bind everything using my PS2-to-USB adaptor. But I can not bind the D-pad keys to anything since there's only "D-pad POV" in the .ini, but the D-pad keys have numbers 13, 14, 15, 16 when analog is turned on.

How do I bind these?

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

Just to update has anybody tested this with a wheel and pedal setup and can elaborate on whether or not it worked?

vanmies
  • vanmies

Wha'gwan Niko

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (flipper @ Dec 5 2008, 21:25)

From README.txt:

xbox360cemu.ini:
http://rapidshare.co...xbox360cemu.ini

http://rapidshare.co...ulation.ps2.zip

thanks so much, man, that one works for me.

now I'm playing at two meters of the tv and the game looks better tounge.gif

djmoney1
  • djmoney1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:54 AM

Thanks alot it works for me.. BIG UP! colgate.gif

flipper
  • flipper

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:03 AM Edited by flipper, 06 December 2008 - 06:08 AM.

i thought i fixed the config but i broke it (had up and down on the right stick switched, so bowling was opposite)

new links:

xbox360cemu.ini:
xbox360cemu.ini

xbox360.emulation.ps2.zip

also about the D-pad POV, there is also
D-pad Up, D-pad Down, D-pad Left, D-pad Right, as stated in the readme.txt smile.gif

but in my config it works by just having D-pad POV=1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users