Photo

All Controllers WORKING!

1,083 replies to this topic
angus_rox
  • angus_rox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

worked for me sorta, game crashes though.. running vista i just copied the files into the root dir of the game, not the windows folder.. keys work on my cordless logitech rumblepad, for a few min anyways. still looking for a way around.. I tried xRC also with no success.

void68
  • void68

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:52 AM Edited by void68, 13 May 2010 - 10:01 AM.

So I did exactly as described with my Thrustmaster Run 'N' Drive Wireless. The XPinput Test shows "Controller not connected" with #1 - 4.

What did I wrong? I tried to get this controller work with Pinnacle Game Profiler, so my "wheel" actually works.. but only digital, no analog steering sad.gif .

Any idea?

Edit: I just followed coolbad's steps so XInput Test found my controller. That seems to work, I just try this in-game now.

K5Origin
  • K5Origin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:55 PM Edited by K5Origin, 21 May 2010 - 11:57 PM.

EDIT: nevermind. somehow I ended up in the wrong topic

the-blur
  • the-blur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

with a ps3 controller, if you reconfigure all the things for use on the pc will it be screwed up if you use the controller again on the ps3??

bodom
  • bodom

bodomTerror

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (the-blur @ May 23 2010, 16:31)
with a ps3 controller, if you reconfigure all the things for use on the pc will it be screwed up if you use the controller again on the ps3??

lol no...my ps3 controller works ok but there is a conflict with bluetooth/gtaIV and for that i have bad performance wiht sixaxis installed

JustExtreme
  • JustExtreme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

Is there any way of getting force feedback to work?

cgb6397
  • cgb6397

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

What do you mean "unpack" and gtadir. ?

bassie1995
  • bassie1995

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

It doesn't work for me.... sad.gif
I have a D3MON PS3 / PC controller...
There are two things I noticed: I can't find any ''commandline.txt'', and the controller doesn't show up in XInputTest...
Any help?

rydar
  • rydar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

can you guys help me with my controller its called saitek p2500 rumble force i have difficulties trying to make it work on gta iv but the installation and testindg worked when installing it just the game file i guess i couldnt find for gta iv i also tried searching it on the site saitek.com

Elemen7s
  • Elemen7s

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hi, im new to this forum smile.gif

I have a little problem, How can I use the right analog to drive the car ?

+Y - accelerate
-Y - reverse

any help on what to change from the xbox360cemu.ini ?

BTW im using the ps2 controller.

Thanks in advanced

Berto
  • Berto

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

sad.gif i can't get my PS2 Controller work with GTA IV 1.0.6.0

cut-copy-paste
  • cut-copy-paste

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (lostred @ Dec 27 2009, 03:02)
SOLUTION FOR PS2 CONTROLLERS

Ok, so I downloaded GTAIV from steam the other day. It took many hours to figure out this simple solution. Like many of you I am using my ps2 controller to play this game, and I was minutes away from going out to buy a 360 controller. But thank God...I found a solution. So assuming you have your ps2 controller and the usb converter here is how you do it: (this might have been mentioned before, but here's how it worked for me)

download this file:
http://lcsteam.net/d...ulation.ps2.zip
(TY Catzilla and Flipper)

Copy the xinput files (last 4 files in the zip folder) into your windows32 folder (click on c, then windows, then system 32. This will replace the existing files)
-let me know if you have security issues replacing these files

Then download this file:
http://download.gta-...ct=view&id=1850
There is a download page at the bottom of the screen
(TY Fabio206)

Open the zip file, go to Joypad PS2 file, then open the Emulator file and copy the xbox360cmu.ini file to your C:\Windows' Directory. (Just click on C, then windows and copy it there)

Finally this is an extra step in order to substitute the xbox controller icons with ps2 icons within the game
Download this file:
http://download.gta-...ct=view&id=2015

copy the two files (Bottens & Frontend) into this location; Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\textures

This will replace the existing files, so backup all files beforehand, just in case.

I'm not much of a computer head, but was able to figure this out only b/c of the help of this community
thank you so much to everyone out there, even if I forgot to mention your name.

By the way, you don't have to read the readme.txt files. If you do this step by step as described you'll be fine. So far it's been paying off...

Let me know if I messed something up, or if something's not clear.

This looks like just what I need.. not getting any luck, though sad.gif

Do you still need the xinput files in the GTA directory like explained in the top post on the thread? I removed them.
I assume in the options I need to enable direct input? yes/no? It doesn't work for me with either. The PS2 controller images are showing up in the controller setup no prob.. although start as the handbrake? wtf! tounge.gif

I'm not totally sure my controller is working.. I got no driver CD or anything. But when I connected it, windows told me it had found and installed drivers. Wondering if I need different ones. I have a very generic no-name PS2 to USB adapter.. it does work with the PS3 no sweat, though.

Just trying to find a way to get this to work since GTA IV seems pretty brutal with the keyboard!

Any ideas what to do to get it working? I know it's got power bc the analog light lights, but is there some way to test it outside of GTA to see if it's working at all?

Touge Union
  • Touge Union

Trapped in a whiskey factory forever...ish not dat bad *hiccup*

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

i really want to get my thrustmaster rgt pro clutch edition working, but, this stuffs beyond me, and xpadder was a waste of cash.

ibrahim361
  • ibrahim361

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

i think i have a problem i replaced those files to original gta iv files.can anyone send me the original files of it. i cant play it anymore. or can anyone say me how can i keep my saved game and uninstall it?or tell me if its in games for windows live and i can uninstall it freely...

z1thousand
  • z1thousand

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hello Forum,

I have just purchased GTA4 for pc , Can someone please please help me i cant for the life of me get my PS2 controller to run on my pc with GTA4, any other game works perfectly except GTA4. i have downloaded all the links posted, but i just wont work. i am almost willing to just go out and buy a PS3 just to play this game with a controller " sad i know" any help would be greatly appreciated

Elemen7s
  • Elemen7s

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hi, I have a ps2 controller which works pretty good with GTA IV thanks to this mod.

Now, my question is, how can I edit the configuration so that the right analog is used as acceleration/brake instead of camera?

It would be really appreciated.

Elemen7s
  • Elemen7s

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

sorry double post ^^

rodrigox
  • rodrigox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

I use this to GTA IV and other games, why if i have my whell in USB, the games crash in begining??

Why?

1karus
  • 1karus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:39 AM

Does anyone have the PS2 fix files? the links don't seem to work and gta-experts seems to be gone.

rodrigox
  • rodrigox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

I use this to GTA IV and other games, why if i have my whell in USB, the games crash in begining??

Why?

sgtskywalker
  • sgtskywalker

LOL

• Members

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

It didn't work with my joystick Logitech X3D (EXTREME3DPRO) mercie_blink.gif sad.gif . The joystick works with almost every game I have and I mostly use it to fly helis or aircrafts but your fix didn't help.

EDIT: And WTH, why is everyone talking about XboX 360 controllers or PS2's controller mercie_blink.gif

phatballs
  • phatballs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:07 PM

sad.gif Is it just me or has anyone got this to work with Windows 7. I have ps2 controller on Logic3 ps2 to Ps3 / pc Hub for my pc and despite trying all of the above cannot get controller to work.
Can someone knock up an idiot guide for me or will it just not work on windows 7. I noted some other guy ask about windows 7 but someone else with vista hijacked the thread. Please help or i may succumb to Xbox controllers AArrgghhhh blush.gif

Thanks Any1 biggrin.gif

RJHNY1
  • RJHNY1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:42 AM

Hey guys, I just bought EFLC. I have GTAIV and I used my Logitech Dual Action Controller to play that game.

Now I have EFLC and I can't seem to use my controller to play it. I don't remember if I had to do anything special to get the game to take my Logitech. I can't find anything on the forum regarding that. It won't let me use the search function due to updating of the forum.

And yes, I did put "direct input controller" to "on."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RJHNY1
  • RJHNY1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:11 AM

Can someone please help? I would really like to get my controller working. Thanks!

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:26 AM

Did you follow through the first post in this thread?

RJHNY1
  • RJHNY1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

Hey you again...I wasn't sure if the first post would apply to EFLC since that post is from 2008 and for GTAIV. Besides, I figured RG would fix this issue with the new release, especially since there's the "controller input" option that can be turned on (which I did turn on). Also, the first post said it's for Logitech Rumblepad, not Dual Action.

I just want to be clear before I try it and mess something up.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

I don't think the gamepad type counts for anything. This method should work with EFLC as it's the same game with a few new assets. Anyway, if anything does get messed up, you only need to remove a few files and you'll be set.

RJHNY1
  • RJHNY1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

I extracted the files to the EFLC folder and the controller works, but it's loopy. The buttons aren't mapped correctly and the guy I'm controlling is walking in circles. It's tough to navigate the start of 51 pages and try to find the answer, so would it be possible if you know what to do?

I vaguely remember doing this same thing for GTA4 (it's coming back to me a little), but I don't recall do anything else other than extracting it.

Do I need to turn off the direct input feature for it to work properly?

RJHNY1
  • RJHNY1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

mkey...any suggestions? I looked through some of the earlier pages on this thread, but didn't see anything that would solve my problem. Thank you.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:07 AM

Yes, try the directinput commandline switch as well.

I thought this was eliminated with later game versions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users