Photo

All Controllers WORKING!

1,080 replies to this topic
Glennington
  • Glennington

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

It sees the controller on the test application but gta 4 doesnt seem to find it...

michael196
  • michael196

GTA V Addict

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:50 AM Edited by michael196, 03 February 2010 - 10:50 AM.

Got it working, tho had to play with the INI to get the accelerate pedal work. (Logitech Wingman Formula GP)
The wheel is working fine, but the pedals work like digital buttons in the game - even though I accelerate just a bit.
In the test program they seem work just like they should (analog) but not in the game, they act like digital.

help anyone?
Thanks

EDIT: NVM, got it fully working (including analog pedals) using the new version (3.1.4.1) from here: http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/

Jarinawer
  • Jarinawer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:30 PM Edited by Jarinawer, 06 February 2010 - 05:34 PM.

QUOTE (lostred @ Dec 27 2009, 03:02)
SOLUTION FOR PS2 CONTROLLERS

Ok, so I downloaded GTAIV from steam the other day. It took many hours to figure out this simple solution. Like many of you I am using my ps2 controller to play this game, and I was minutes away from going out to buy a 360 controller. But thank God...I found a solution. So assuming you have your ps2 controller and the usb converter here is how you do it: (this might have been mentioned before, but here's how it worked for me)

download this file:
http://lcsteam.net/d...ulation.ps2.zip
(TY Catzilla and Flipper)

Copy the xinput files (last 4 files in the zip folder) into your windows32 folder (click on c, then windows, then system 32. This will replace the existing files)
-let me know if you have security issues replacing these files

Then download this file:
http://download.gta-...ct=view&id=1850
There is a download page at the bottom of the screen
(TY Fabio206)

Open the zip file, go to Joypad PS2 file, then open the Emulator file and copy the xbox360cmu.ini file to your C:\Windows' Directory. (Just click on C, then windows and copy it there)

Finally this is an extra step in order to substitute the xbox controller icons with ps2 icons within the game
Download this file:
http://download.gta-...ct=view&id=2015

copy the two files (Bottens & Frontend) into this location; Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\textures

This will replace the existing files, so backup all files beforehand, just in case.

I'm not much of a computer head, but was able to figure this out only b/c of the help of this community
thank you so much to everyone out there, even if I forgot to mention your name.

By the way, you don't have to read the readme.txt files. If you do this step by step as described you'll be fine. So far it's been paying off...

Let me know if I messed something up, or if something's not clear.

HEY!!!! THANK YOU!!! GRACIAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!

NOW, MY PS2 PAD WORKS FINE ON WINDOWS 7!!! smile.gif

on Vista 64 worked without any change, but when I installed Windows 7, then it did not work sad.gif

but with your help! I can play to GTA4 again with my PS2 pad on W7!!!!!

icon14.gif

amadeus_esso
  • amadeus_esso

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:21 PM Edited by amadeus_esso, 10 February 2010 - 11:27 PM.

I have both the TigerGame Super Joy Box 5 Pro/PS2 controller and a Logitech Dual Action.

I get the fact that I must edit the .ini file to make these work. So far I have done everything from copying the files to the system32 folder to renaming the controllers in the registry. Nothing works.

If someone could post a configuration for either of those controllers that would get either one to work (PS2 controller preferred seeing as though I purchased it Brand new on play-asia.com to play stuff on the PC), you would become a God among men (well more like my hero, really). blush.gif

I'd like to think my technical skill is advanced but every once in awhile I get thrown a curve like this by Microsoft and it irritates me for weeks on end until I can fix it.

BTW, I have Windows 7.

I want to thank you guys for finding this emulator for us, Money is hard for me to come by due to the economy and buying an Xbox controller seems like a waste of money when I don't have an Xbox. confused.gif

Looks like my question got answered, damn you guys are fast!!!

Question though, with the UAC an extra security, windows blocks me from copying stuff to the system32 folder, how do I circumvent that? I have admin privileges.

gyorne
  • gyorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:22 PM

Hello everybody.. I've not read all the pages, but I think my problem has not been metionned before...

I copied the files xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll, xinput9_1_0.dll, and dinput8.dll in my system32 file, and the xbox360cemu.ini in my windows file.

When I launch the XInputTest.exe prog', i got this f*cking window : Click !

And if I try to launch GTA IV, there's a 'BIP' sound after the "Rockstar" images and the game stop running.

That is very annoying, i'm trying to play with my PS2 DUALSHOCK2 pad for hours and i can't find the solution. Help will be veeery appriciate..

Thxs !

Marshall300
  • Marshall300

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Need some help from those who have already figured how to use this weird mapping system... I got Logitech Rumblepad 2 and like probably lots of people here I want to map acceleration to Right Stick Y+ and braking to Y- . Xbox gamepad has triggers for this which appear to be sliders or something, so when I try to map those functions to the stick putting a-6 on braking and a6 on acceleration in game both actions are engaged simultaneosly doing burnout everytime I release the stick, tried changing parameters to S (slider) but that doesn't seem to work at all... So if anyone ever managed get this working can you please share your .ini setting or tell me the numbers of separate Y+ and Y- axes. Hope that makes sense... Thanks in advance.

[]D[][]\/[][]D
  • []D[][]\/[][]D

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:13 PM Edited by []D[][]\/[][]D, 20 February 2010 - 11:20 PM.

QUOTE (Jarinawer @ Feb 6 2010, 17:30)
QUOTE (lostred @ Dec 27 2009, 03:02)
SOLUTION FOR PS2 CONTROLLERS

Ok, so I downloaded GTAIV from steam the other day. It took many hours to figure out this simple solution. Like many of you I am using my ps2 controller to play this game, and I was minutes away from going out to buy a 360 controller. But thank God...I found a solution. So assuming you have your ps2 controller and the usb converter here is how you do it: (this might have been mentioned before, but here's how it worked for me)

download this file:
http://lcsteam.net/d...ulation.ps2.zip
(TY Catzilla and Flipper)

Copy the xinput files (last 4 files in the zip folder) into your windows32 folder (click on c, then windows, then system 32. This will replace the existing files)
-let me know if you have security issues replacing these files

Then download this file:
http://download.gta-...ct=view&id=1850
There is a download page at the bottom of the screen
(TY Fabio206)

Open the zip file, go to Joypad PS2 file, then open the Emulator file and copy the xbox360cmu.ini file to your C:\Windows' Directory. (Just click on C, then windows and copy it there)

Finally this is an extra step in order to substitute the xbox controller icons with ps2 icons within the game
Download this file:
http://download.gta-...ct=view&id=2015

copy the two files (Bottens & Frontend) into this location; Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\textures

This will replace the existing files, so backup all files beforehand, just in case.

I'm not much of a computer head, but was able to figure this out only b/c of the help of this community
thank you so much to everyone out there, even if I forgot to mention your name.

By the way, you don't have to read the readme.txt files. If you do this step by step as described you'll be fine. So far it's been paying off...

Let me know if I messed something up, or if something's not clear.

HEY!!!! THANK YOU!!! GRACIAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!

NOW, MY PS2 PAD WORKS FINE ON WINDOWS 7!!! smile.gif

on Vista 64 worked without any change, but when I installed Windows 7, then it did not work sad.gif

but with your help! I can play to GTA4 again with my PS2 pad on W7!!!!!

icon14.gif

Could someone please upload the last 2 downloads from GTA-Expert.com or share them on here because those links aren't working when I try and download the file? I would really appreciate it very much! smile.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, I gues the GTA-Expert.com servers were down when I was trying to download them earlier, but I was just able to download them just a minute ago. But this still didn't work for me. Maybe because I'm using a SmartJoy PS2 to USB Adapter, who knows? But the last time I played GTA IV was when I was on Vista x64 and this fix worked flawlessly and now that I'm on Windows 7 x64 it doesn't. sad.gif

@ Jarinawer

How did you get your PS2 controller to work for you in Windows 7 x64? Was there anything else that you did other than what was instructed above?

BladeVsNeo
  • BladeVsNeo

The Mighty Blue Oval Rules

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:25 AM

Win7 64bit does not play nicely with the emulator and GTA4. The XInputTest App is happy and the controller works fine but for some unknown reason, the game ignores the analogue triggers and assigns them as digital buttons. I've tried for months to get it working but it wont cooperate. Just have to play the game without the analogue triggers.... notify.gif

Jarinawer
  • Jarinawer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:04 PM Edited by Jarinawer, 22 February 2010 - 02:46 AM.

[]D[][]\/[][]D...

I sent you a pm.

I only put two files (a .dll and the .ini) in my GTA game folder. also, I must changed the .ini file becouse the 'view' was inverted. but it was not a problem. easy.

cheers!

(sorry my bad english)

Mark-K
  • Mark-K

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

the question is how could any body of you made the steering wheel pedals work digitally?please any help is appreciated thanks.

[]D[][]\/[][]D
  • []D[][]\/[][]D

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (BladeVsNeo @ Feb 21 2010, 09:25)
Win7 64bit does not play nicely with the emulator and GTA4. The XInputTest App is happy and the controller works fine but for some unknown reason, the game ignores the analogue triggers and assigns them as digital buttons. I've tried for months to get it working but it wont cooperate. Just have to play the game without the analogue triggers.... notify.gif

Maybe you could try right-clicking on the GTAIV.exe file, select Properties, then under the Compatibility tab, mark the Run in compatibility mode box and select Vista (Service Pack 2). Could you please try this out and let me know if you get your controller working perfectly for you? Because I'm in the process of formatting and reinstalling Windows 7 x64 on my computer. Thanks!

[]D[][]\/[][]D
  • []D[][]\/[][]D

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Jarinawer @ Feb 21 2010, 20:04)
[]D[][]\/[][]D...

I sent you a pm.

I only put two files (a .dll and the .ini) in my GTA game folder. also, I must changed the .ini file becouse the 'view' was inverted. but it was not a problem. easy.

cheers!

(sorry my bad english)

Cool, I just replied to your PM.

LOL you're english is pretty damn good, you don't gotta apologize for nothin'

BladeVsNeo
  • BladeVsNeo

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE ([]D[][]\/[][]D @ Feb 22 2010, 16:30)
Maybe you could try right-clicking on the GTAIV.exe file, select Properties, then under the Compatibility tab, mark the Run in compatibility mode box and select Vista (Service Pack 2). Could you please try this out and let me know if you get your controller working perfectly for you? Because I'm in the process of formatting and reinstalling Windows 7 x64 on my computer. Thanks!

Tried it but still no good. Also tried run as administrator and tried XPSP3 compatability mode. Still have no analog acceleration or brakes.

4utr0n!c
  • 4utr0n!c

LCPD! Stop resisting!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

Hello!
I'm using my PS3 Controller. I mapped all my buttons so they work as on PS3, but i can't get to work my triggers. As everyone knows, PS3 Joysticks have triggers so you can easily press throtle, not full.
Does anyone here know how to get this to work.
Thanks!

popat lal
  • popat lal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

i got a little problem with my chinese gamepad cryani.gif

i need help in editing xbox360cemu config file.

PROBLEM:

All the buttons & the left analog stick work fine except the right analog stick.

its in a way inverted.

when i push the right stick to right, the Xinput device shows it being pushed down

similarly when i push "up", xinput shows 'left'.

user posted image
user posted image

which line do i have to edit & to what value?
user posted image

thanks in advance biggrin.gif

popat lal
  • popat lal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

help smile.gif

popat lal
  • popat lal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:52 AM

got the info from this thread http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=299663

had to interchange & invert those numbers biggrin.gif

Original:
Right Analog X=3 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog Y=-6

Edited:
Right Analog X=6 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog Y=-3

now the controller works fine biggrin.gif

cedo1986
  • cedo1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (VIII Hussar @ Mar 28 2009, 15:57)
QUOTE (IVOLV @ Mar 26 2009, 17:27)
does this work for Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3-in-1

You obviously didn't bother to read this thread or do a search. Exactly 14 posts before yours, there is a post that explicitly says that this works with a Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3 in 1. That post even contains the button mappings to get all buttons working properly - including the analog triggers - with a Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3 in 1.

Hi

I'm new here and don't seem to find that post or 'tread'?
I need to configure the left and right trigger so if I hold it in half way, I accelerate half of full capacity... thrustmaster dual trigger 3 in 1...

Can you guide me to that post please? I've tried a search on thrustmaster 3 in 1 and on trhurstmaster dual trigger...

Thx!

cedo1986
  • cedo1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:50 PM Edited by cedo1986, 18 March 2010 - 10:17 PM.

QUOTE (VIII Hussar @ Mar 22 2009, 19:44)
Thank you everyone for all your help! My GTAIV experience is now better than ever!

In return for the help I have received from members here, I want to post the contents of my "xbox360emu.ini" so others who are having problems can take a look and hopefully use my settings to make their controller work.

Here are the settings to get a Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3 in 1 Rumble Force working exactly like an XBox 360 controller (except for force feedback, unfortunately):

[Options]
UseAutoPad=0
UseInitBeep=1

#Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 / Generic Rumble Controller
[PAD1]
Index=0
Left Analog X=1
Left Analog Y=-2
Right Analog X=3
Right Analog Y=-6

Left Analog X Linear=0
Left Analog Y Linear=0
Right Analog X Linear=0
Right Analog Y Linear=0
Left Analog X+ Button=0
Left Analog X- Button=0
Left Analog Y+ Button=0
Left Analog Y- Button=0
Right Analog X+ Button=0
Right Analog X- Button=0
Right Analog Y+ Button=0
Right Analog Y- Button=0
D-pad POV=1
D-pad Up=0
D-pad Down=0
D-pad Left=0
D-pad Right=0
A=2
B=3
X=1
Y=4
Left Shoulder=5
Right Shoulder=6
Back=9
Start=10
Left Thumb=11
Right Thumb=12
Left Trigger=a-4
Right Trigger=a-5
UseForceFeedback=0

ForceLargeGain=10000
ForceLargePeriod=120000
ForceLargeFadeTime=10
ForceLargeFadeIn=0
ForceLargeFadeOut=0
ForceLargeStartMag=0
ForceSmallGain=10000
ForceSmallPeriod=30000
ForceSmallFadeTime=10
ForceSmallFadeIn=0
ForceSmallFadeOut=0
ForceSmallStartMag=0
WheelInertiaGain=2500
WheelSpringGain=5000
SteeringWheel=0

Hi

I have a thrustmaster 3 in 1 dual trigger, when left trigger is a-4 and right is a-5, it works perfectly on the tester. But ingame GTA IV when driving a car, if i press the right trigger just a little bit, he immediatly gives full gas.. It's a problem also when you need free aiming, I press left trigger half way like the game says, but he locks on a person instead of giving me free aim confused.gif Someone? An idee? Please? tounge.gif

iDash
  • iDash

GTA 5 Developer

• Members

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:30 PM

When I try to put in my PS2 controller I get this (sorry, my computer is german):
user posted image

Any ideas WTF is this? I use the newest .NET Framework

KingmanRoss
  • KingmanRoss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

This is all cool,but,any way to get a regular joystick to work?Or is that up to Rockstar,lol,on that one.I have a Saitek ST290 Pro I use on San Andreas and Battlefield 2.

ivangr
  • ivangr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Hi!

I have Vista x64 and Logitech Rumblepad 2 and the buttons and analogs are working perfect but I can't get vibration to work at all. I' ve enabled vibration in the controller properties and turned it on on gampad but still nothing.
And, what exactly is that 'dinput8.dll', what does it do? Do I have to copy all the files in the game exe directory or in the sysWOW64 directory as someone mentioned in the posts recently to maybe get the vibration working?

Thanks!

BladeVsNeo
  • BladeVsNeo

• Members

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:54 AM

I give up devil.gif I uninstalled this stupid mofo game due to the fact that if crapstar make it impossible to configure controllers other than xbox controllers then I want no part of them or their crappy games angry.gif

jobial
  • jobial

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:00 AM Edited by jobial, 25 April 2010 - 11:24 AM.

Can someone help me config a logic3 gamepad? I got it working but I dont understand the settings instructions
(sorry bad english, I'm Portuguese)
Thanks

I think I got it:

LOGI3 SETTING (NOT 100% SURE)

[Options]
UseAutoPad=0 #use 0 to 1; automatically make other PAD to PAD1 after detecting movement
UseInitBeep=1 #use 0 to 1; default 1; beep on init

#Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 / Generic Rumble Controller
[PAD1]
Index=0 #controller index in game controllers list; 0 is first; -1 to ignore this pad
Left Analog X=1 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Left Analog Y=-2 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog X=6 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog Y=-3 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Left Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Left Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Right Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Right Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Left Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad POV=1 #POV index; 0 to disable
D-pad Up=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Down=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Left=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Right=0 #button id; 0 to disable
A=3 #button id; 0 to disable
B=4 #button id; 0 to disable
X=1 #button id; 0 to disable
Y=2 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Shoulder=6 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Shoulder=7 #button id; 0 to disable
Back=9 #button id; 0 to disable
Start=10 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Thumb=11 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Thumb=12 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Trigger=5 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; for a slider precede with 's' eg; s-1
Right Trigger=8 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; for a slider precede with 's' eg; s-1
UseForceFeedback=1 #use 0 to 1; default 0
ForceLargeGain=10000 #use 0 to 10000; default 10000; effect intensity
ForceLargePeriod=120000 #use 0 to 200000; default 120000; effect frequency; wheel only
ForceLargeFadeTime=10 #use 0 to 100; default 10
ForceLargeFadeIn=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceLargeFadeOut=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceLargeStartMag=0 #use 0 to 10000; default 2000; effect will begin with this value
ForceSmallGain=10000 #use 0 to 10000; default 10000; effect intensity
ForceSmallPeriod=30000 #use 0 to 200000; default 30000; effect frequency; wheel only
ForceSmallFadeTime=10 #use 0 to 100 default 10
ForceSmallFadeIn=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceSmallFadeOut=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceSmallStartMag=0 #use 0 to 10000; default 2000; effect will begin with this value
WheelInertiaGain=2500 #use 0 to 10000; default 2500; effect intensity; wheel only
WheelSpringGain=5000 #use 0 to 10000; default 5000; effect intensity; wheel only
SteeringWheel=0 #use 0 to 1; enable for all wheel effects

#Logitech G25 Racing Wheel / Generic Wheel
[PAD2]
Index=-1 #controller index in game controllers list; 0 is first; -1 to ignore this pad
Left Analog X=1 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Left Analog Y=7 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog X=7 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog Y=7 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Left Analog X Linear=30 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Left Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Right Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Right Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Left Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad POV=1 #POV index; 0 to disable
D-pad Up=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Down=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Left=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Right=0 #button id; 0 to disable
A=18 #button id; 0 to disable
B=19 #button id; 0 to disable
X=17 #button id; 0 to disable
Y=16 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Shoulder=6 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Shoulder=5 #button id; 0 to disable
Back=8 #button id; 0 to disable
Start=7 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Thumb=3 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Thumb=4 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Trigger=a-6 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1
Right Trigger=a-2 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1
UseForceFeedback=1 #use 0 to 1; default 0
ForceLargeGain=8000 #use 0 to 10000; default 10000; effect intensity
ForceLargePeriod=120000 #use 0 to 200000; default 120000; effect frequency; wheel only
ForceLargeFadeTime=10 #use 0 to 100; default 10
ForceLargeFadeIn=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceLargeFadeOut=1 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceLargeStartMag=1000 #use 0 to 10000; default 2000; effect will begin with this value and end with 10000
ForceSmallGain=8000 #use 0 to 10000; default 10000; effect intensity
ForceSmallPeriod=30000 #use 0 to 200000; default 30000; effect frequency; wheel only
ForceSmallFadeTime=10 #use 0 to 100; default 10
ForceSmallFadeIn=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceSmallFadeOut=1 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceSmallStartMag=1000 #use 0 to 10000; default 2000; effect will begin with this value and end with 10000
WheelInertiaGain=2500 #use 0 to 10000; default 2500; effect intensity; wheel only
WheelSpringGain=5000 #use 0 to 10000; default 5000; effect intensity; wheel only
SteeringWheel=1 #use 0 to 1; enable for all wheel effects

sjiskebab
  • sjiskebab

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

The tool is released by this guy http://www.tocaedit....ex.php?act=home
You can find an updated version here: http://www.tocaedit....oads&showfile=4
and tons of other great game tools.

lokrien65
  • lokrien65

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

ok i just got this game and tried this with a gigaware controller...the test shows it's working but when i load up my game it's not...is there a simple way to get this working for the computer idiots out there like me?

mikeyrocks
  • mikeyrocks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:32 PM Edited by mikeyrocks, 25 April 2010 - 11:37 PM.

Was anybody able to get this working on Episodes from Liberty City? I placed the files in the /EFLC directory but no luck.

I'm using a Logitech RumblePad

EDIT:

DOH! nevermind, guess I just had to enable Direct Input, didn't even need these files >_<

coolbad
  • coolbad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

Hi guys how r u
this is my first and last post here because this forum was in mostly in the top results of my search to get this game to work with my non 360 controller on pc so here is what worked for me

1-First install
2-run 1.0.6.0 update
3-run razor 1.0.4.0 c***k
4-copy XBOX.360.controller.emulation contents to windows\sys32 (u will need permission 2 overwrite them & backup original)
5-run 360 Config App
5.1-press record then the button u wish on ur controller so it automatically assigns it & check the 360 on ur screen 2 confirm
5.2-after ur desired config click save
5.3-a .ini file willbe created in the directory u r using copy it 2 ur game folder
6-copy only the following files to game folder from xbox360emu 3.0
6.1-first xinput1_3.dll then rename 2 xinput9_1_0.dll
6.2-second copy the original xinput1_3.dll
7-play

Links:
XBOX.360.controller.emulation:http://lcsteam.net/dump/gta4/XBOX.360.controller.emulation.zip
Config App :http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=54
xbox360emu 3.0 :http://forum.jayceooi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=103

NOTE: This Tutorial is made by me (not a copy) from a combination of others on the net which alone didn't work (atleast 4 me) so after a few hours of googling finally worked 4 my max fire blaze2 so feel free to copy and spread to other forums cuz i'am writing this anywhere else hope it works 4 u good luck

Bose321
  • Bose321

iDrift, do you?

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

My G25 did work, but my new wheel doesn't work anymore, it's a Fanatec GT3 RS Clubsport Edition. Really awesome wheel, don't wanna trade with the G25/G27 any day. Would like some help.

yogeshking
  • yogeshking

badass

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (ZodiacKiller @ Dec 5 2008, 00:23)
How to play GTA IV using your generic controller
A guide

This extremely simple guide will teach you how to emulate an xbox360 controller, because IV fully supports only that. Now, you can use any controller you wish, granted, it has directinput support. (unsure about wheel and pedals).

1) Download the following archive.
2) Unpack the xinput9_1_0.dll and the xbox360cemu.ini from the archive into your gta4 dir. Optionally, unpack XInputTest.exe to play with the button assignments.
3) Edit the .ini according to your personal controller, or however you may please. The .ini is initially set up to work 100% correctly with Logitech RumblePad 2.
4) Make sure there is no -directinput in your commandline.txt

Note: in order to understand how to edit key mappings, read the included readme.txt.

FAQ:

Q: Is my controller working with this hook?
A: If it supports directinput, it probably does.

Q: My xxx and xxx are reversed, what should I do? How do I fix it?
A: Edit the xbox360emu.ini and use the XInputTest.exe to test your changes - no need to load GTA4 to test whethere you've set up the controller correctly.

Q: My question is not in this FAQ!!
A: Read the readme.txt and the comments in xbox360emu.ini. If that does not answer your question, only then try to get help in this topic.

Last updated: March 7th, 2009.

DLL coding by Racer_S.
Guide by CatZilla.

nothing special
i use it from long time ago when gta 4 not released
smile.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users