Photo

All Controllers WORKING!

1,082 replies to this topic
XtremeDogg
  • XtremeDogg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:21 AM

Kane and Lynch also requires xbox controller wonder if this approach fools that game too.

certainkindofo
  • certainkindofo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:29 AM

For those who still can't delete xinput9_1_0.dll after setting full admin privileges in vista. Here is a fix.

type 'cmd' in your search prompt. right click on the cmd icon and select, "run as administrator"

type "takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\XInput9_1_0.dll" in command prompt and press enter
type "cacls C:\Windows\System32\XInput9_1_0.dll /G nate:F" "my user name is nate, substitute yours there"

Now you'll be able to delete/rename/etc... to the file. This will work for all system files as well, with the appropriate substitutions.

XtremeDogg
  • XtremeDogg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

by the way it worked for me, just the keys arnt mapped like the position of the xbox controll.. seems it runs smoother then with emulated software.

AussieDave27
  • AussieDave27

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

Is there anyway to change the mapping because at the moment driving is with the R2 button which isn't a trigger (I have a Rumblepad 2) so it's all full throttle driving still. This would only be useful if you could drive with the analogue sticks.

phishinNYC
  • phishinNYC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (certainkindofo @ Dec 5 2008, 03:29)
For those who still can't delete xinput9_1_0.dll after setting full admin privileges in vista. Here is a fix.

type 'cmd' in your search prompt. right click on the cmd icon and select, "run as administrator"

type "takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\XInput9_1_0.dll" in command prompt and press enter
type "cacls C:\Windows\System32\XInput9_1_0.dll /G nate:F" "my user name is nate, substitute yours there"

Now you'll be able to delete/rename/etc... to the file. This will work for all system files as well, with the appropriate substitutions.

you just solved one more of my problems...I couldn't touch that file on vista x64

THANKS!

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:50 AM

Will this work for Logitech G25 wheel??

catzilla
  • catzilla

Professional pilot

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:08 AM

Why don't you try and tell us?

GTAander
  • GTAander

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:39 AM

Thanks very much, working for me with Vista64 ultimate. I have a thrustmaster firestorm dual analog. Cant seem to get left and right view panning to work with the mini stick though, up and down works.

borbs
  • borbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (SlingShotUK @ Dec 5 2008, 00:54)
Right, after many hours of shouting at the computer and getting alot angrier than I should have, I have managed to fully configure my ps3 controller to work 100% in GTA 4 using the awesome DLL's posted in this thread.

I will try and sort out some kind of blog or forum post to explain exactly what you need to do to get the PS3 controller working on the PC and with this game..

Fantastic to finally be able to play properly.

I still can't get over how good the graphics are on this version.. Blows the PS3 one away!! Awesome.

Hi m8! Can u share you're dlls?

hussam1988
  • hussam1988

So What???

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:51 AM

thanks dude
you helped allot

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

Thanks man.
Think that a PSP as controller would be good?

catzilla
  • catzilla

Professional pilot

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

If it works as a regular controller - it should be fine.

borbs
  • borbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:30 AM Edited by borbs, 05 December 2008 - 09:52 AM.

Right, after many hours of shouting at the computer and getting alot angrier than I should have, I have managed to fully configure my ps3 controller to work 100% in GTA 4 using the awesome DLL's posted in this thread.

I will try and sort out some kind of blog or forum post to explain exactly what you need to do to get the PS3 controller working on the PC and with this game..

I still can't get over how good the graphics are on this version.. Blows the PS3 one away!! Awesome.

Never mind the dll's i ask u since my ps2 controller, with generic converter (Twin Digital GamePad), mappings are different from your ps3 controller, i guess. So im just looking forward for you to explain how you changed the mappings.

I've been using this (xbox360cemu.ini) to try to change the mappings but it doesn't work in game although it works in the test application XInputTest

More info on xbox360cemu here

Thiefyo
  • Thiefyo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

how can i make the game see my steering wheel and pedals cuz aint working for the moment after i finish the game i want to ride slwly in the city with my steering wheel is it possible? smile.gif

foxfire29
  • foxfire29

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:31 AM

Hiya , I was initially rather annoyed when I found that in a PC port all they in their infinite wisdom decided to include support was for an Xbox pad! Being new to the forums I started a thread about this not realising it was in the wrong place and so the admin(correctly) locked it, however both the admin and one other helpful forum user provided links to this thread and one other and my pad is working! So big thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction.

I am about to see if I can still do the on foot running and shooting with my mouse and I hope the buttons are mapped ok to my PS 2 pad , however it is working

I cant believe how shaky a port this is, they really need to sort out the issues and fast as I have had all this lies with Spore

N.B if there is a way to get steering wheels working that would be awesome, I picked up a steering wheel cheap and it runs on most things

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (borbs @ Dec 5 2008, 09:30)

Never mind the dll's i ask u since my ps2 controller, with generic converter (Twin Digital GamePad), mappings are different from your ps3 controller, i guess. So im just looking forward for you to explain how you changed the mappings.

I've been using this (xbox360cemu.ini) to try to change the mappings but it doesn't work in game although it works in the test application XInputTest

More info on xbox360cemu here

Hi Borbs,

Unfortunately all my re-mappings were done using PPJoy - the program which is used by the PS3 controller software to configure a Windows controller. I didnt make any changes to the XBOX 360 emulator config.

I had a look at that config file but couldnt figure out what I would change the values to so stuck to just reconfiguring the windows controller settings.

foxfire29
  • foxfire29

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

Im going to aim to contribute something to this thread since it is a dam good one, basically the commands I list were confirmed not to work with vista but I got them to work and Im thinking its because people were not loding dos via CMD.exe in vista as that brings up like an admin dos or something.

N.b!! Btw I read the below commands of a web site to get around a pwermissions problem when trying to overwrite, I am not 100% sure of these commands and can only tell you they worked for me and without them I was blocked from overwritting dlls in my sys32 directory, so use at your own risk and for all I know this could cause future problems but just trying to help

Anyway if you get an error when you try to copy and paste the files similar to the following :

"You need permissions/administrator to perform this action" (Cant remember exact error)

So if you get the above in vista home premium do start->search-><type in cmd.exe>

Double click cmd.exe

You should get a CLI with yellow coloured fonts

Next type: "takeown /f c:\Windows\system32\xinp
ut1_1.dll"

Next you get a success msg

Next do: "cacls c:\Windows\system32\xinput1_1.dll /G <yourvistaloginname>:F"

which shows:
Are you sure (Y/N)?y
processed file: c:\Windows\system32\xinput1_1.dll

Repeat the above steps for all files in the system32 directory that match the name of those in the archive and then you will have permission to overwrite them without getting stopped by vista

$3@N
  • $3@N

WERZ DA DAM PATCHZ

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (ZodiacKiller @ Dec 4 2008, 17:53)
Ok guys, I found a solution to simulating the xbox 360 controller with any generic controller. This makes use of analog sticks, so it's no longer binary driving which drives you all mad =)
First, back up the original xinput1_3.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_1.dll and xinput9_1_0.dll from your windows\system32
Next, unpack them into system32 from http://lcsteam.net/d...r.emulation.zip
Fire up your game. It should recognize your third-party controller as an XBOX 360 controller.

This routine worked for me personally with my Logitech RumblePad 2 USB.

This is a bit of my research, but the original source is here.

Only one single minor problem - the key mapping is a tad different, at least in my case. Oh well. Doesn't take long to get used to.

*Edit* All cred to Catzilla....we are in his debt...

I might just go get a 360 controller even though i have a perfectly good Dual Shock, darn u M$

Siemah
  • Siemah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

Not working for me (Vista 64 Home), no change at all... Is a reboot required?

Atm I just use JoyToKey to setup the keys for driving, it's a lot easier than xPadder.
Download @ http://www.electraco.....h Version.htm
Here's my config file: http://www.2shine.nl...oKey config.zip

Btw, JoyToKey is also perfect if you want to play ancient games with a joypad wink.gif
And with a videoPlayer like BSPlayer (which has a lot of shortcuts) you can make your joypad a remote control biggrin.gif

hussam1988
  • hussam1988

So What???

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

i'm using logitech dualAction
it really sucks and inaccurate welling right and left
any body having trouble as well???

catzilla
  • catzilla

Professional pilot

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

For x64 systems, put the files into sysWOW64 or somewhere along those lines (there are 3 'system' folder in your windir).

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Thiefyo @ Dec 5 2008, 10:25)
how can i make the game see my steering wheel and pedals cuz aint working for the moment after i finish the game i want to ride slwly in the city with my steering wheel is it possible? smile.gif

If you remember, San Andreas did not have the wheel and pedal compatibility either. Eventually after 1 year Toca Edit released a community made program called SAAC v1.0 (eventually v1.2) that could map steering wheel controls.

I know what you want to do because I'm trying to do the same thing. I think we have to say that at least for the next little while it will be impossible until a GTA4 edition of SAAC gets made.

The chance that Rockstar will add wheel and pedal support in the upcoming patch is very very slim.

This .dll swapping will not allow you to bind joystick functions to keys, but rather make your gamepad emulate the XBOX 360 gamepad - a lot of people are getting really cooky results with the button mappings being funny.

The only way you can use a wheel and pedal right now is if you have a Logitech wheel, you can force the controls in the profiler. However, if you do this, steering and pedal will still be binary so it won't be very good.... I just disabled it.. unplayable

catzilla
  • catzilla

Professional pilot

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Well, couldn't you assign the wheel to the axis contols? This way it's not binary =)

vanmies
  • vanmies

Wha'gwan Niko

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:00 PM Edited by vanmies, 06 December 2008 - 03:58 AM.

someone could configure the xbox360cemu.ini and get the right key mapping of ps3, xbox version?

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (shadow85 @ Dec 4 2008, 20:26)
in other words, my USB pad works now, except the Z axis and Z rotation have been swapped.

Have you managed to fix this yet, I stood on my logitech pad last night and broke the dam thing lol !!!

I went to my local Game and bought a ps2 replica for 12, they didnt have any xbox pc ones in since last year apparantly, I wasnt up for spending more than 15 so near christmas anyway.

Now the right analouge stick has left and right to look up and down etc ..

EoE
  • EoE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

Thanks! But I still can't delete the file. My username is my first and last name, and CMD can't seem to handle that. :-(

rgds/EoE

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (vanmies @ Dec 5 2008, 16:00)
someone could configure the xbox360cemu.ini and get the right key mapping of ps3, xbox version?

i found this pic with the key mapping:

... picture removed ...

but i dont really understand how to configure it, no idea.

Hey there,

Have you got your PS3 controller working wirelessly with your PC?

I was able to 100% configure my wireless PS3 controller to work with GTA 4 using the 'Classic' control set.

It works just as it does on the PS3.

If you are using BtSix I can tell you what settings to configure PPJoy with to get it to work.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

Can some kind steam user please post in this thread and ask a quick question ..

http://forums.steamp...t=761887&page=2

I registered but I can't post.

Question: How exactly do I change my right analouge stick to swap the up/down - left/right axis with each other ?

When I go to look up I look left or right, when I look left I look up or down, it's realy confusing, thanks.

Oh, and thanks for this amazing fix guys smile.gif

GTAIV-Is-Crap
  • GTAIV-Is-Crap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

Worked no problem for me also on the - Logitech Dual Action USB icon14.gif

LentoMan
  • LentoMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (camdean @ Dec 5 2008, 17:25)
Can some kind steam user please post in this thread and ask a quick question ..

http://forums.steamp...t=761887&page=2

I registered but I can't post.

Question: How exactly do I change my right analouge stick to swap the up/down - left/right axis with each other ?

When I go to look up I look left or right, when I look left I look up or down, it's realy confusing, thanks.

Oh, and thanks for this amazing fix guys smile.gif

I sent this in a pm to another member, he claims he didn't copy the xbox360cemu.ini, but only the .dll file. So I guess you should copy the xbox360cemu.ini to your windowsfolder and remap the buttons/axis accordingly.

QUOTE (LentoMan @ Dec 4 2008, 22:16)

Open the xbox360cemu.ini in your windows folder with notepad, you then have to swap the swap the two values for right analog

Right Analog X=3
Right Analog Y=-6
change to
Right Analog X=-6
Right Analog Y=3
If the any of the two axis is reversed just add or remove a minus -
Right Analog X=6
Right Analog Y=-3

Good luck, wink.gif
/LentoMan

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users