244 replies to this topic
morphadron
  • morphadron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (hipshotgbg @ Dec 9 2008, 08:06)
One, maybe dumb, question.

What happends when I go to multiplayermode with the modified game?

You will get your account banned, your cd key blacklisted, rockstar won't sell you games anymore, u will get angry E-mails, U will get bald but hairy back and arse, your girlfriends
tits will shrink....

...and there is a good chance your computer will catch fire.Ether from itself or some little help.

hipshotgbg
  • hipshotgbg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (morphadron @ Dec 9 2008, 11:26)

You will get your account banned, your cd key blacklisted, rockstar won't sell you games anymore, u will get angry E-mails, U will get bald but hairy back and arse, your girlfriends
tits will shrink....

...and there is a good chance your computer will catch fire.Ether from itself or some little help.

That sounds bad bored.gif

Seriously, what happends? Do they have anything like Steams VAC or is it just that the game wont work? Or that the cars handling will go back to normal in some magical way?

opium_addict
  • opium_addict

CODE WRECKER

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (hipshotgbg @ Dec 9 2008, 05:34)

tits will shrink....

Seriously, what happends? Do they have anything like Steams VAC or is it just that the game wont work? Or that the cars handling will go back to normal in some magical way?

That is a question you should not be asking here.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (opium_addict @ Dec 9 2008, 13:13)
QUOTE (hipshotgbg @ Dec 9 2008, 05:34)

tits will shrink....

That is a question you should not be asking here.

The only files that need to use the default IV ones are the handling, vehicle ide, ped stats(contains player data) and weapon dat. Although altering weapon dat can be used against you anyway as it is also used to register your own hit damage.
All other files won't really detriment the game or cause unfair competition.

opium_addict
  • opium_addict

CODE WRECKER

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (pinky @ Dec 9 2008, 08:44)
The only files that need to use the default IV ones are the handling, vehicle ide, ped stats(contains player data) and weapon dat. Although altering weapon dat can be used against you anyway as it is also used to register your own hit damage.
All other files won't really detriment the game or cause unfair competition.

It is also a question nobody should be answering.

Perhaps i wasn't clear on that.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:48 PM Edited by ikt, 09 December 2008 - 09:52 PM.

Messing around with the explosionfx (don't mind the framerate, my computer sux and i wanted to see if i could run GTA IV with everything @ highest):
user posted image
(My SMG is firing rockets...)

fratermalou
  • fratermalou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

doesn't work on my steam version. I have to redownload it because after the filelist restored now the game doesn't start anymore.

user21043
  • user21043

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

My Funny mod smile.gif ))))

hipshotgbg
  • hipshotgbg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (user21043 @ Dec 10 2008, 12:30)

Brings my mind to Sin City smile.gif Thanks!

opium_addict
  • opium_addict

CODE WRECKER

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (user21043 @ Dec 10 2008, 06:30)

hehe, ive been looking for ways to make the cops not able to damage me or at least ignore me.

cool mod smile.gif

user21043
  • user21043

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (opium_addict @ Dec 10 2008, 13:25)
QUOTE (user21043 @ Dec 10 2008, 06:30)

hehe, ive been looking for ways to make the cops not able to damage me or at least ignore me.

cool mod smile.gif

Thanks you for hook.exe smile.gif

bolbronx
  • bolbronx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

I need help, the game wont run now.

Ive used the magic.bat-thingy and then ive made some changes to the weapons file.

Then i run hook, patch the filelist.pak or whatever, and run gta via Steam.

But its not workin. It loads to the DOS thing and then hook.exe exits and the dos box closes and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

opium_addict
  • opium_addict

CODE WRECKER

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

You arent supposed to have run the magic-patcher before this one,
i would reinstall and try again using only this.

BliND123
  • BliND123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

For those of you that have tried the hook.exe or magic.bat way (and as it has been said many times, you don't do both, pick one) with no luck yet. Try this, right click the IV folder, go to Properties, in there find the Security tab and now look for the edit button. There give full control to the name your logged into, and check administrator to. This was the reason I could not get my game started before, after I did it I had no problems.

koikfucksdeadbodies
  • koikfucksdeadbodies

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:13 PM Edited by DexX, 10 December 2008 - 05:18 PM.

No.

evilrex
  • evilrex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

Still same problems for me, I click hook.exe, patch, launch IV and hook.exe closes and then IV crashes.

KillerEST
  • KillerEST

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

ee..i have problem too...i start game..loads some time and then doesn't do anything

bolbronx
  • bolbronx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (evilrex @ Dec 11 2008, 12:11)
Still same problems for me, I click hook.exe, patch, launch IV and hook.exe closes and then IV crashes.

I went back to v3, then it worked

fratermalou
  • fratermalou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

if you understand french a little, as i try to understand your english, you can try this way. It works very fine and now i can enjoy a lot.

http://www.gta4.fr/d...t=download&id=6

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (fratermalou @ Dec 11 2008, 18:47)
if you understand french a little, as i try to understand your english, you can try this way. It works very fine and now i can enjoy a lot.

http://www.gta4.fr/d...t=download&id=6

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=380102

fratermalou
  • fratermalou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

ok you're right it is the same.
I did just want to help smile.gif sorry

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

user posted image
Overpowered Xenon headlights, anyone?

user posted image
Overpowered SMG firing overpowered RPG rockets, anyone?

KillerEST
  • KillerEST

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (KillerEST @ Dec 11 2008, 16:11)
ee..i have problem too...i start game..loads some time and then doesn't do anything

I tried version 3 and 4..but same thing -.-..

KillerEST
  • KillerEST

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

eem..why one of my files is under 1 kb big(after modding). Original file is 13 329 kb. Is problem there?

AnttiAnA
  • AnttiAnA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (KillerEST @ Dec 12 2008, 16:49)
eem..why one of my files is under 1 kb big(after modding). Original file is 13 329 kb. Is problem there?

It replaces the original filelist.pak with an modified filelist.pak that doesn't contain any files so that the game will not check to see if the files are modified, so yes the hax filepak should be 1kb.

AnttiAnA
  • AnttiAnA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

An ultimate how to mod GTA IV guide, harder and yet the entertaining way:

Here is the deal; gta IV loads a text file called files.txt to check if any files are modified and it also checks from filelist.pak. The thing that makes modding possible is that the textfile (files.txt) checks itself, it is in the last line; files.txt.

Now, if we edit the files.txt to point to a different text file we can make the game load modified files, lets get in to detail:

Gtaiv.exe loads files.txt to check if any files are modified, if any file is modified -> don't run game.
It also loads filelist.pak and checks from there.

So lets begin modifying some files!

First, you need to download the modified filelist.pak from aruses post, when you're done, rename your old filelist.pak (located inside pc/data/) to anything you want, i will rename it now to filelist_original.pak. Now, place the hacked filelist.pak to the pc/data/ folder.

Why?

Because the first time we need to load the unmodified files with files.txt, and the second time we load the modified files with a modified files.txt file.

Make a copy of your files.txt and place it in your gta iv folder. Rename the copied files.txt to something you remember, i'll just rename it to files_original.txt.

Now you should've two files.txt inside your gta iv folder, one named files.txt and one named files_original.txt. Open up files.txt and go to the last line where it says: files.txt, change that to files_original.txt.

Why?

Files.txt will load all the original files that haven't been modded and files_original.txt will then load modified files.

Now, everytime you want to modify a file you need to make a copy of it first, i will edit handling.dat inside common/data/ folder. Make a backup of it and rename it as handling_original.dat. Remember ALWAYS not to modify the xxx_original file! Always the file that doesn't have original in its name!

Get back to your main folder where files.txt and files_original.txt is located, open files.txt with a texteditor. Try to find the line where it says common\data\handling.dat and change that to common\data\handling_original.dat (FILES.TXT LOADS ORIGINAL FILES, SO WHEN FILES_ORIGINAL.TXT LOADS HANDLING.DAT IT WILL ACTUALLY LOAD A MODIFIED FILE!). Save the file and start GTA IV. If GTA IV starts; good, you've done everything correclty, if it doesn't start then you haven't done the tutorial correctly.

~ Antti

I hope this helps somebody out there!

Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (AnttiAnA @ Dec 12 2008, 13:54)

Here is the deal; gta IV loads a text file called files.txt to check if any files are modified and it also checks from filelist.pak. The thing that makes modding possible is that the textfile (files.txt) checks itself, it is in the last line; files.txt.

Now, if we edit the files.txt to point to a different text file we can make the game load modified files, lets get in to detail:

Gtaiv.exe loads files.txt to check if any files are modified, if any file is modified -> don't run game.

First, you need to download the modified filelist.pak from aruses post, when you're done, rename your old filelist.pak (located inside pc/data/) to anything you want, i will rename it now to filelist_original.pak. Now, place the hacked filelist.pak to the pc/data/ folder.

Why?

Because the first time we need to load the unmodified files with files.txt, and the second time we load the modified files with a modified files.txt file.

Make a copy of your files.txt and place it in your gta iv folder. Rename the copied files.txt to something you remember, i'll just rename it to files_original.txt.

Now you should've two files.txt inside your gta iv folder, one named files.txt and one named files_original.txt. Open up files.txt and go to the last line where it says: files.txt, change that to files_original.txt.

Why?

Files.txt will load all the original files that haven't been modded and files_original.txt will then load modified files.

Now, everytime you want to modify a file you need to make a copy of it first, i will edit handling.dat inside common/data/ folder. Make a backup of it and rename it as handling_original.dat. Remember ALWAYS not to modify the xxx_original file! Always the file that doesn't have original in its name!

Get back to your main folder where files.txt and files_original.txt is located, open files.txt with a texteditor. Try to find the line where it says common\data\handling.dat and change that to common\data\handling_original.dat (FILES.TXT LOADS ORIGINAL FILES, SO WHEN FILES_ORIGINAL.TXT LOADS HANDLING.DAT IT WILL ACTUALLY LOAD A MODIFIED FILE!). Save the file and start GTA IV. If GTA IV starts; good, you've done everything correclty, if it doesn't start then you haven't done the tutorial correctly.

~ Antti

dude, that was completely unnecessary, you just need aru's bat file

Ricksta
  • Ricksta

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:10 AM Edited by Ricksta, 13 December 2008 - 01:41 AM.

Can anybody make a mod for invincibility, but from falling from heights too

Also I dout it but manual transmission cars?

Rick

KillerEST
  • KillerEST

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:16 PM Edited by KillerEST, 13 December 2008 - 06:49 PM.

QUOTE (AnttiAnA @ Dec 12 2008, 21:54)

Why?

Why?

~ Antti

oh...my game stopped working, reinstalling now smile.gif

KillerEST
  • KillerEST

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:19 AM

Now it's OK..

but, still, mod doesn't work for me. I'm using Fedor crack btw.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users