Photo

PC: Graphics options won't change!

7 replies to this topic
Haradan
  • Haradan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:47 AM

No matter what I do, my graphics options stay at the defaults. This is really annoying as it defaults to 1600x1200 despite my widescreen monitor, and it's on LOW texture detail which is a very big problem for me.

Every time I change a graphics option it seems to acknowledge my changes but when it goes into the game nothing is different, and when I come back to the graphics options screen it has them all back the way they were before.

When I change the resolution it does black out the screen for a moment and I can seem to temporarily get a different resolution, but no matter what I do I can't change the aspect ratio that it outputs to the monitor. It does seem to (temporarily) change the aspect ratio in some parts of the game, so that if I force the monitor to make the image the ratio I've told the game to use it doesn't look squashed or stretched, but it must actually be the wrong resolution or I wouldn't have to force the monitor to change it.

What the hell is going on? Help!

Apache-Cobra
  • Apache-Cobra

Unknown

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:18 AM

Make sure you're applying it properly, as in confirming the changes, and if you are changing texture detail (and view distance maybe, i can't remember) you need to restart the game.

Haradan
  • Haradan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

I'm definitely applying it properly (as in, with the apply option), and whenever I restart the game it resets most or all of my graphics settings to defaults. In fact, it seems to choose the new settings based on the amount of video memory that happens to be being used by my graphics card at the time.

omegarox
  • omegarox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

I have the same problem...

But I didn't have a chance to change my cofings, it just stays when it came.

CSniper
  • CSniper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

Exact same problem, I dont know what is causing it. FWIW I had the missing textures/effects problem before I reset the driver settings in Rivatuner.

Haradan
  • Haradan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

FYI, I had the MMA10 error and have been running logged out of social club but logged into windows live.

gerbil21
  • gerbil21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

rigth click on rungtaiv.exe and behind the " add -norestrictions

it should look like this

"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\LaunchGTAIV.exe" –norestrictions

the main part is the end
LaunchGTAIV.exe"

you have to put a space then –norestrictions

Haradan
  • Haradan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Actually, this thread is 2 years old so I don't even have GTA4 installed at the moment and I've had an operating system upgrade since then, not to mention all the GTA4 patches. Last time I checked it worked fine, which was a couple of months ago. I forgot about this thread long, long ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users