GTA IV launch and graphics problems

13 replies to this topic
Lieutenant_Bob
  • Lieutenant_Bob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hi.

I Just bought the game, GTA IV PC, on launch date, and have had alot of problems with it.

1st problem, game launches, but chrashes out with the "GTA IV FATAL ERROR MMA10"

Solution: sign out of the Social Club and play the game offline.

2nd problem, after game is launched, middle ground does not render. Far buildings show, and near graphics show. Unplayable.

Half a solution: ALT-TAB out of the game, and ALT-TAB back in. This clears the error, but creates more errors. (Mini-map not showing, ligtning from buildings and cars gone, no in-game menu)

I called technical support, and they have relayed me to 2nd level support with my DXDIAG report. "Wait 2-48 hours".. Great...

Has anybody gotten further than this?

Rig:

Windows Vista SP1 Ultimate
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
3326MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Driver: 7.15.0011.7824 (English)

TripleX113
  • TripleX113

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

I have the same problem right now ... if someone can help or have any clues TELL US !!! tounge.gif tounge.gif TY

ptferris
  • ptferris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

Bob, I have almost the exact same rig you do and I'm having the same problems here too. Please let us know if you get an answer.

oasisleblon
  • oasisleblon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

Same problem here too !!!

Here goes the picture of the bug :

http://img68.imagesh...ge=erro1ck2.jpg - the text on the picture is in Brazilian Portuguese just explaining the error .

In my case, or I can see the Mini-Map, the car lights , etc... BUT cannot seed 2 feets in front of the car

OR

the oposite , I cannot see the lights, i CAN see all scenarium, the buildings, BUT cannot see the radar and the Pause screen menu.

I hope Rockstar fixes it...

Joao - brazil - Rio de Janeiro

Dual Core 2.8 Ghz / Geforce 7600GS . 256mb / 2gb RAM DDR2

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hi Lt_Bob,

Please follow the link and get the latest Nvidia driver for GTA IV. It will solve your 7900 problem.

http://www.nzone.com..._downloads.html

oasisleblon
  • oasisleblon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

Rockstar Toronto

I did it - install this especific driver - and don't fix this error.

I try ALL of the confgs. of video, the lowest and the highest but the problem still happens.

jima
  • jima

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:15 PM Edited by jima, 08 December 2008 - 10:46 PM.

Fixed it !

Its the Alt-tab'ing that fux it up.

Some other post here solved it for me.

When you start the game and it just keeps "loading" showing pictures of characters you alt-tab, and back, to force it to start. But then you have no menu, no subtitles and things generally look awful.

The post said to eject a cd-drive, or plug a usb-stick instead of alt-tab'ing.

I didn't have a usb-stick handy, so I yanked out my usb bluetooth transmitter that connects my mouse & keyboard to the pc, waited a few secs, then plugged it back in, and the game started and everything looked fine.

I have a setup that doesn't meet minimum requirements, Intel core2 6300@1,86ghz, 2gb ram, 7600GT (un-clocked) 180.84 beta-drivers, XP, game from DVD.

It's at low settings all over, but I can now FINALLY play the game !!!!!!!! alien.gif alien.gif alien.gif

ExzEEh
  • ExzEEh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

i have wirless usb adapter dose that affect me when i lauch gta4 because nuffing happens when i start gta4

dakong
  • dakong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

The new driver doesnt fix the textures not redering problem for me sad.gif i have a 7900GTO 512 MB

oasisleblon
  • oasisleblon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

JIMA Wow !

Thanks, your non-alt/tab just solve my problem ! Now, my geforce 7600GS can't handle the game anyway... The game in the lowest config. stay low. I 'll buy a 8800GT soon.

leigh76
  • leigh76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:07 AM

Hi all, just registered to pass on my little fix for my particular problem....

This is a copy of an email I sent to Rockstar Support, hope it helps someone smile.gif

Hi, I have been trying to get GTA IV working on my system today, and the good news is I have solved my particular error, and so I am relaying this information to you.

I have a dual-boot system XP/Vista...GTA IV for me worked with no problems at all within Vista, however I mainly use Xp so I wanted to install it there.

Installation on XP was fine, and initial game loading was also fine, however after installing the patch from within the game, then problems occured, every time I tried to load GTA IV I would get a crash to desktop, with just the standard 'program has an error and need to close etc etc' message.

Now the really good news is that I traced the error message back to a file named 's3dwrapperd3d9.dll'

You'll be pleased to know that this file has nothing at all to do with the GTA IV installation it is a dll 'wrapper' hook used by a Stereo 3d driver/app called IZ3D.

What a surprise, i uninstall IZ3D and removed the directory it leaves behind (some files remain upon uninstallation only used by IZ3D) and GTA IV now runs flawlessly on my XP system too.

I would hazard a guess that many people at some point have tried out IZ3D, at least 3 other people I know could not get GTA IV working on their XP installations, and now they have confirmed to me that they can now play the game after deleting the above mentioned files/program smile.gif

Indeed Nvidia has a stereo driver program and driver package also, but I cannot confirm that s3dwrapperd3d9.dll is used in that scenario, but I guess it could be a possibility.

Im particulary pleased with finding this out because the standard error message is about as vague as vague can be.

Hope this information can help even just 1 other person.

Good luck with the PC itteration of GTA IV

Regards Leigh Foster

Fearless Kicker Of Ass
  • Fearless Kicker Of Ass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

Jima`s solution worked for me too!

It seems that not using alt-tab or the benchmark but some other "trick" to get the game to load prevents from the black sky and no hud/menu problem!

If you save your game once while still having the problem, the next time you can just start the game the normal way: no need for alt-tabs or usb sticks or benchmark workarounds anymore!

Thanks Jima!

Now just some FPS tweaks for a even better x-mas!

raj_01
  • raj_01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

elo guys, i just bought the game n i can't play it

my spec...:
intel pentium 4 3.2 ghz
1 gb ram
8500 gt 512 mb
win vista 32-bit
107 gb free space..!!

the game lags like hell ..way too much..even with minimum settings.. barf8bd.gif

i can afford to buy a RAM (2gb) and graphic card (xfx 9800gtx+ 512 mb) with my current budjet..will zat be enough..to play gta4..... sad.gif

harmpi
  • harmpi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

I could not get a map or subs on screen so i installed the latest nvidia 180.184 driver. (7900GS) Since then everything looks fine. But when I alt-tab out of the game, back for a skype call of something, and Alt-tab back into the game, the graphics are like with the old driver. missing maps, subs..not playable. No menu on esc. Any tips welcome. I have googled what i could. Cannot findd the exact same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users