Photo

GTA IV PC - Complete list of error codes

154 replies to this topic
gta4expert
  • gta4expert

The Help Is On The Way!

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

i have a problem witch i dont think is on the list: i accidentally deleted gta4.exe and then i repaired the game but then gta4.exe dont come back. i have posted a topic about it so i should get an answer soon colgate.gif

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (gta4expert @ Jan 25 2009, 05:35)
i have a problem witch i dont think is on the list: i accidentally deleted gta4.exe and then i repaired the game but then gta4.exe dont come back. i have posted a topic about it so i should get an answer soon colgate.gif

I didn't see your topic, but the problem is that GTAIV.exe is contained inside "LaunchGTAIV.exe" on the disc. You'll have to delete that too, then when you run the repair it should replace LaunchGTAIV.exe. Once you run it, it will go through release control and extract GTAIV.exe for you. PM me if you have problems.

Viper944
  • Viper944

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:33 AM

TEXP 70 after patch 1.0.2.0 but fine b4 can someone help me please???

blackjack999
  • blackjack999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Jang01 @ Jan 21 2009, 22:13)
QUOTE (adamcs @ Dec 4 2008, 05:27)
TEXP70 - FATAL ERROR: Unable to create depth render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.

texp70 error really ticked me off... until i found a bit of info on some gamespot forum that saved me.
When you install the game and you play it afterwards - this probably won't happen, but if you install the first patch when get to the title screen it'll maybe crash and come up with "TEXp70 - FATAL ERROR blah blah"
so what i found was (was a fix from Rockstar) -
Get into RegEdit and search and delete all D3D_54082152 registry entries. Reboot is required to apply the changes.

Jang01,
How to get into RegEdit? I can't find D3D_54082152 either RegEdit. I can't find it in hiden files too. notify.gif

frizzfest
  • frizzfest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:26 AM Edited by frizzfest, 09 February 2009 - 03:32 AM.

I just bought this game tonight and installed it. When I go to run it, I get a "FREQUENCY OUT OF RANGE" error? Can someone please help?!?!?!?!? Thanks in advance.
I am running Win XP Media Center Edition.
Graphics card is ATI Radeon 1650. (I installed the latest version of ATI Contol Center with Video drivers.)

ircmaster
  • ircmaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:26 AM

Every time I change my graphics settings my game crashes and I get this error:

user posted image

The settings change when I go back in-game but it'd be nice if it didn't have to crash.

Rolf Harris
  • Rolf Harris

Always watching... rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

All these errors sicken me. Turns out Rockstar did spent 99.9% of the time partying in their offices and 0.01% of the time putting the game onto the PC.

PLEASE, GET IT SORTED OUT.

Abyssio
  • Abyssio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:03 AM Edited by Abyssio, 05 March 2009 - 11:24 AM.

*sigh* sad.gif i wish i could see the errors so i know whats the problem. When the game freezes its go blank screen after artifacts starts poping up. Alt-tabbing, ctrl alt del, and alt f4s wont get me out of the blank screen. The only thing i can do is the restart button. Sometimes im able to alt-tab out as soon as i see artifacts but the desktop is all crazy, displaying in lower resolution and crazy colors. After a few seconds screen goes blank and i had to press restart.

Im running with q6600 and 8800gtx, latest drivers and have no problems running any other games i own like crysis, cod5, tf2, company of heroes, fear2, gears of war, ut3, lost planet, etc etc...

edit: im running xp sp3 btw

edit2: after i ran the game in windowed mode i finally get to see the error msg: RESC10. No cure yet for this one huh.

nikola95
  • nikola95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

PEOPLE PLS HELP!!!
I HAVE WINDOWS SP3 GAMES FOR WINDOWS AND THOSE SHI*S,DIRECT X 9 AND EVERYTHING,BUT I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE
BUT NOT LIKE THOSE IN THE LIST IT IS LIKE THIS:
Grand Theft Auto IV has encountered a problem and needs to close.We are sorry for the inconvenience.
I was soooooo happy when I got it but now........PLS GUYS HELP!!! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Jang01
  • Jang01

In the Making

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (blackjack999 @ Feb 3 2009, 05:53)
Jang01,
How to get into RegEdit? I can't find D3D_54082152 either RegEdit. I can't find it in hiden files too. notify.gif

pretty simple, just press CTRL + R (or start, then "Run..." and then type in regedit, press CTRL+ F and type in "D3D_54" if heaps of results are shown, add another digit from D3D_54082152, hope it helps

Aoibheann
  • Aoibheann

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

Hey folks. I've searched online for I'd say about a week now looking for a solution to my problem yet cannot find one.

I installed GTA IV on XP Professional and it worked fine and dandy, not a single problem. I then upgraded my pc etc to Vista Ultimate 64 and was happy as a pig in dung, then went to install GTA IV and @ 1% (transferring CNT.bik I believe) I get this:

user posted image

So then I proceeded to create image files of both DVD's. I got the same error. So then I created folders of both DVD's. Same error. Then I tried the compatability mode. Same error. Then I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 7000. Exact same as Vista. I logged back onto xp. I can install it there again...

I'm indescribably miffed about Rockstars awful support for this game and it's incredible number of errors. Now I've only got one possible idea on how to bypass this but I need the help of experienced folk like yourselves! Considering it works on XP, and I assume it will RUN on Vista but just won't freakin' install, how would I go about copying ALL registry entries from my XP installation into my Vista installation so the game will run? At the moment running the app. from it's XP folder whilst in Vista just gives "..could not locate xlive.dll.." and stuff like that due to lack of registry entries and directions.

Any help would seriously be appreciated..

Thanks in advance!!

Tinux
  • Tinux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:50 AM

very useful thanks tounge.gif

wesley123
  • wesley123

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

@Aoibheann; try running the installer as an admin, this might be the problem.

Also make sure your disc is clean and doesnt have any scratches and other things on it(apart from its data tounge.gif )

TheRealPcGamer
  • TheRealPcGamer

The Master of PC Games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

Anyone know what's to do to solve EFC20 error? confused.gif

kevinarjun
  • kevinarjun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:04 AM

i just installed this new patch v1.0.3 and when i am try to start game i game getting this sh*t error of efc20.

cutthroat_tactics
  • cutthroat_tactics

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (Rolf Harris @ Feb 20 2009, 17:34)
All these errors sicken me. Turns out Rockstar did spent 99.9% of the time partying in their offices and 0.01% of the time putting the game onto the PC.

Hey man, cut the Rockstar Toronto studios a little slack. This was most likely their first effort having to change a masterpiece like GTAIV's files and textures over from console to PC files. They did definitely screw up the stability of the game along the way before the release date by being rushed or whatever the reason, but they're still working on fixing the most common errors. Which shows they are still dedicated to the Rockstar franchise.

Last night I was cruising around and doing a couple missions, then shut the game off. Now when I go to start it up, I'm getting that stupid EFC20 error for no reason too. This is a patch 3 problem, but what does it mean? I'm repairing the game then reverting to patch 2. It was working great then, and the 3rd patch really didn't do sh*t for me anyways, because there were no errors to begin with.

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:29 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 29 April 2009 - 01:44 AM.

QUOTE (cutthroat_tactics @ Mar 24 2009, 04:03)
QUOTE (Rolf Harris @ Feb 20 2009, 17:34)

Hey man, cut the Rockstar Toronto studios a little slack. This was most likely their first effort having to change a masterpiece like GTAIV's files and textures over from console to PC files. They did definitely screw up the stability of the game along the way before the release date by being rushed or whatever the reason, but they're still working on fixing the most common errors. Which shows they are still dedicated to the Rockstar franchise.

Last night I was cruising around and doing a couple missions, then shut the game off. Now when I go to start it up, I'm getting that stupid EFC20 error for no reason too. This is a patch 3 problem, but what does it mean? I'm repairing the game then reverting to patch 2. It was working great then, and the 3rd patch really didn't do sh*t for me anyways, because there were no errors to begin with.

No don't cut them some slack. Three patches and three total failures. Each patch introduces more and more problems, almost as many as they fix. When will they forget about the piracy checks, modded file checks, graphics memory checks and just fix the F*CKING GAME!

This game has already been downloaded to hell and back since it was cracked within days of release, there are more cheaters than fair players are online and just when they start to fix the performance issues there are a half dozen other problems now. So what's Rockstar's solution to piracy, cheaters and modders? To simply keep changing something on the software side that will be hacked within days and in the process create more problems with the game. Dedicated servers would take care of most of the problems online with server side checks but noooooo...... Rockstar had to sell their soul to Microsoft.

I'll never buy another Rockstar game again and to think I was one of the ones who stuck up for them in the beginning. Errors, errors and more errors is all I'm getting.

You didn't have to duplicate everything that was on the first page, jesus - cc

SHOULD WE JUST BE HAPPY WITH THIS?

Killor1man
  • Killor1man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Pixelated @ Mar 24 2009, 19:29)
<snip>

Nothing works? OMFG I download 9.oX just to get rid of the damn D3D50 and it is still f*cking there I have gateway windows vista? WTF DO I DO!

DaveC2003
  • DaveC2003

DC

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

I've just had another SMPA50 error suicidal.gif

Thats the second time today that error appeared and only happens during multiplayer.

SomeRandom
  • SomeRandom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

After a random amount of time during live, i get this piece of $#!% error SMPA100 - Unrecoverable fault - Please restart the game. This is really getting on my nerves, lots of people are saying that gta4 is poorly coded, this is sad as everyone was expecting so much from this game(PC users included). Rockstar until you fix this, YOU SUCK ASS icon13.gif mad.gif

rakovski95
  • rakovski95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:59 AM

man i get fatal error SI10 after first loading screen i dont get it why

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (rakovski95 @ Aug 27 2009, 06:29)
man i get fatal error SI10 after first loading screen i dont get it why

The solution has been stated as 'Please reinstall the game'. So, I guess you'll have to reinstall your game.

Suhpreme
  • Suhpreme

Suicide Bomber

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:09 AM Edited by adamcs, 27 August 2009 - 07:15 AM.

Hey I noticed since your on this site you might wanna play another cool game similar to this one, but better! With gang wars, tons of members, tons of gangs, unique crimes the drug dealing, gangster killing thriller <snip> is the best place to be. Hope to see you there.

faiden
  • faiden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:42 PM Edited by faiden, 24 September 2009 - 04:46 PM.

well i get the rc20 error. i don't even care anymore..

thought of the day, GTA IV is this generations ford edsel.

meaning, if this had been a car with all these problems... phil donahue himself would have crucified it long ago.

this is total buffalo beagles, rockstar..
why kill the name slowly with this release...
just PUBLICLY SELLOUT already.

i have many more interesting things to share, but we are out of time, until next time america........

Closmy
  • Closmy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hi. I bought GTA IV on internet, but it don`t starts.. I click LaunchGTAIV.exe.. loades 10 seconds and then nothing.
If I click GTAIV.exe i receive the error RMN60

Please help me!

PS: I use Windows 7 on 32 bits, and the PC is not connected to internet biggrin.gif

Mo4pheus
  • Mo4pheus

[BBF] Baptized By Fire - FPS/RTS Clan

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Closmy @ Jun 28 2010, 13:58)
Hi. I bought GTA IV on internet, but it don`t starts.. I click LaunchGTAIV.exe.. loades 10 seconds and then nothing.
If I click GTAIV.exe i receive the error RMN60

Please help me!

PS: I use Windows 7 on 32 bits, and the PC is not connected to internet biggrin.gif

I recieved a similar error while running AnyDVD.

Turning it off solved the error. With that said, if you have ANY dvd/cd ripping/secure rom/check by-pass running, disable it and try again.

If that doesn't help (or doesn't apply to you) then state that and someone else will try to help you.

Closmy
  • Closmy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

never mind. I fixed it in other way.

1. reinstall game
2. connect pc to internet, register etc
3. patch to 1.0.2.0 and then to 1.0.6.0 biggrin.gif

thanks anyway

Raju Grewal
  • Raju Grewal

Raju Grewal

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:22 AM

Try this link to download software about it.

Raju Grewal
  • Raju Grewal

Raju Grewal

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (GamerJerome @ Dec 3 2008, 20:07)
and somtimes i also get RESC10 that my video card is out of memory but i have a 9600gt so i need to lower my settings or somting or do i need to change somting in the nvidia control pannel?

us 32 bit windows. if you using 64 bit windows then you need to use grater than 1GB video adapter.

Try this link to download software about all error codes of GTA IV.

Raju Grewal
  • Raju Grewal

Raju Grewal

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (faiden @ Sep 19 2009, 12:42)
well i get the rc20 error. i don't even care anymore..

thought of the day, GTA IV is this generations ford edsel.

meaning, if this had been a car with all these problems... phil donahue himself would have crucified it long ago.

this is total buffalo beagles, rockstar..
why kill the name slowly with this release...
just PUBLICLY SELLOUT already.

i have many more interesting things to share, but we are out of time, until next time america........

Try this link to download software about it. . This software has information about RC20 error code and many more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users