Photo

GTA IV PC - Complete list of error codes

154 replies to this topic
johnnydgood
  • johnnydgood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

No error message here, but something strange in my eyes. I can't lower the graphics settings permanently. I lower them, play well with the lower settings and when I quit and restart again they are again in the settings for auto adjustments.
Anyone seen this?

justtin
  • justtin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

hey guys, i just bought GTA 4 a couple days ago and i have come across a problem. when i am playing the game it runs smoothly and then at any random time it starts to run very slow, some times it even basicly freezes. like 1 frame a second.

my computer specs are:

am2 6000+ dual core 3.0ghz
8800 GTX with that new beta driver
4GB DDR2 800mhz RAM
asus AM2-32 SLI deluxe motherboard

i know that this should be able to run the game just fine but even on the lowest it sticks, can anyone help me here? is it my 8800GTX? i did try my 8500GT and it worked only a little bit better but very similar

any help is appreciated smile.gif

_Zaibatsu_
  • _Zaibatsu_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

I'm getting a D3D error, but re-booting my computer doesn't work...

nickpgr7
  • nickpgr7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

THE GAME CRASHES!!!! I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!! PLEASE DO SOMETHING ROCKSTAR PLEASE!! I HAVE THE RETAIL VERSION AND THA GAME CRASHES TO THE DESKTOP AFTER 10-20 MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY. I HAVE THE NEWEST DRIVERS OF ANY DEVICE ON MY PC BUT STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!!! PLEASE HELP ME. GOD DAMN ZLIB20 ERROR!!! I'M SO FURSTRATED!!

PC Specs:
Intel Q6600 @3.0Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX
2GB RAM 1066Mhz
Vista Premium 32Bit

commanderz
  • commanderz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:44 PM

my fxxking game keep on freeze + stuttering after 5-1X gameplay!!!!!!!!!!!! fix for memory leak problem plz..!!!! i rdy post over 20+++ for asking the fix of memory leak.....but every 1 just say wait for the patch????come on1!!!!!! cryani.gif cryani.gif

*sigh*
  • *sigh*

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:38 AM

I just got a WS10 error code after modifying the game's executable file to be able to address over 2GB of RAM.

The error is obviously related directly to that modification, but since I didn't see this code in the list, I figured I'd go ahead and post it so we can possibly get some documentation.

Dual Weilder
  • Dual Weilder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:29 AM

I got GTA IV ERROR: SMPA50

sillyrainbow
  • sillyrainbow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=382065

^^^

Thats my error.

achmed the dead terrorist
  • achmed the dead terrorist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

I got an RMN40.I went to the windows update site,pressed the update button and I think it was updated because it finished download and installation.I tried to start the game but it says again:FATAL ERROR:RMN40.
Can anyone tell me where can I download the server pack 3 for windows XP manually or What do I need to press to update it again on the windows update site.
Please help!!!

GTAdedan
  • GTAdedan

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:27 PM Edited by GTAdedan, 10 December 2008 - 10:30 PM.

QUOTE (achmed the dead terrorist @ Dec 10 2008, 16:50)
I got an RMN40.I went to the windows update site,pressed the update button and I think it was updated because it finished download and installation.I tried to start the game but it says again:FATAL ERROR:RMN40.
Can anyone tell me where can I download the server pack 3 for windows XP manually or What do I need to press to update it again on the windows update site.
Please help!!!

I got the exact same problem, as soon as I start the game I get this RMN40 Error. I got SP2 but how can I update to SP3?

nvm, got it up and running, i love it

William.
  • William.

Rat

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:52 PM

Woah, too much errors. Good thing I get none of them.

GycuBrun
  • GycuBrun

Jeapany

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

I recently got a WS10 error, un-installed Live, re-installed Live update still nothing ...
It now appears the BS about
"The application has failed to launch
This could be a result of it being blocked by Windows Parental Controls/Family Safety please make sure you have acces to the application before you try to launch it."

I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (recently installed) and I see no W.Parental sh*t anywhere in control panel or anywhere else ...

What next? Some advice would be welcomed. whatsthat.gif

cryani.gif

sillyrainbow
  • sillyrainbow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (GTAdedan @ Dec 10 2008, 17:27)
Please help!!!

I got the exact same problem, as soon as I start the game I get this RMN40 Error. I got SP2 but how can I update to SP3?

How did you fix it?

TF{0.o}
  • TF{0.o}

lord of the strings

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (GamerJerome @ Dec 3 2008, 20:07)
and somtimes i also get RESC10 that my video card is out of memory but i have a 9600gt so i need to lower my settings or somting or do i need to change somting in the nvidia control pannel?

thats the memory leak what ppl are complaining about, when your compy isnt strong enough to cope with the memory youll get that message after a while
rockstar will release a patch thats been certified by microsoft ( no clue why ) that proberly will fix this issue

DonGua
  • DonGua

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

i got dd3d30.. its reboot but i reboot still same error wth

dofkill
  • dofkill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Dec 3 2008, 19:27)
MMA10Out of memory - Please re-boot your system
RMN20Windows Vista: Need to have Service Pack 1 or higher to proceed.
RMN30 Windows XP 64 / Server 2003: Need to have Service Pack 2 or higher to proceed.
RMN40 Windows XP: Need to have Service Pack 3 or higher to proceed.
DD3D50 D3D Error - DirectX 9 video card required
TEXP110 D3D Error - Failed to create texture - Please restart the game
DWIN20 D3D Error - Failed to query memory. Please re-start the game.
DD3D10 D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D10 D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D30 D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DWIN30 D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D20 D3D Error - Please re-install the game and/or re-install DirectX
DWIN10 D3D Error - Please restart the game
DD3D60 D3D Error - Shader Model 3.0 or higher is required
DD3D70 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
GPUP10 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP20 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP30 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP80 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
DD3D40 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
TEXP10 D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
DD3D80 D3D reset failed - Please restart the game.
STRB10 Failed to delete file - Please re-boot your system
RMN10 Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
STRM10 Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
STRM20 Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
BNDL10 Failed to write file Please re-boot your system
STBF10 Failed to write file Please re-boot your system
VOIC10 Fatal voice chat error - Please restart the game
RESC10 Out of video memory - Please re-boot your system
BA10 Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
EA10 Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
TEXP60 Unable to create color render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
TEXP70 Unable to create depth render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
AE10 Insufficient Memory to Start Game - Please close some applications and restart the game
PC10 Unable to retrieve D3D Device - Please reboot your machine or reinstall your display driver
TF10 Unable to write to disk - Please restart the game
WS20 InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game
WS30 InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game

i cant play the game, every time i got a resc10 fatal error, what is it mean ? plz help me

Santa88
  • Santa88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

At least you guys even get errors. Mine is just like a ghost. Nothing works because it doesn't feel like it I guess. Big disappointment.

achmed the dead terrorist
  • achmed the dead terrorist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (GTAdedan @ Dec 10 2008, 17:27)
Please help!!!

How did you get it running dude??

Volum
  • Volum

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

got an error, "RGSC has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Lovi78
  • Lovi78

TRY to play GTA IV

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Volum @ Dec 12 2008, 17:28)
got an error, "RGSC has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Update your Rockstar Games Social Club....
You find the update file in the RGSC folder ----> C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Rockstar Games Social Club\....
When you update the RGSC the game is work perfectly biggrin.gif

GTAdedan
  • GTAdedan

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

@ Sillyrainbow & Achmed the dead terrorist:
Just download the microsoft update for windows SP2 and it will upgrade it to SP3. and then just start the game

Wedant
  • Wedant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:19 AM

Attention R* staff...

Im running a NV GO 7950GTX - yes on a laptop, as you may/maynot know the laptop gpu's use different drivers to the desktop, so i didnt get the BETA fix. Im getting RESC10 errors before entering the game, discussedi n more detail here. And yes before type it, yes i have restarted my system, many times...

Now I would say, I understand you are overwelmed with error reports and understand it could take a while to get to my problem. But iv noticed 15 or so R* staff, who made the game are taking part in some weekend online challenge. It accurs to me as some of them made the game, maybe they should be fixing more bugs, as i seriously doubt this up coming patch will fix every bug. Unless ofc its thier weekend off...

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:39 AM Edited by tony-resta, 13 December 2008 - 09:52 PM.

I always get a Fatal Error WS10 now, because of the patch, i've noticed it's not included in the list.

My specs:

Windows Vista SP1 (Laptop - Acer Aspire 5680)
NVidia GeForce Go 7600 256MB (Dedicated), 767MB (Shared)
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.73GHz
160GB Hard Disk
2GB RAM

thaCURSEDpie
  • thaCURSEDpie

GTA:IV scripter

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (tony-resta @ Dec 13 2008, 10:39)
I just recieved a Fatal Error WS10 for the first time, and noticed it's not included in the list.

My specs:

Windows Vista SP1 (Laptop - Acer Aspire 5680)
NVidia GeForce Go 7600 256MB (Dedicated), 767MB (Shared)
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.73GHz
160GB Hard Disk
2GB RAM

I get this since the patch. Now I'm not able to play the game. Nice...

george77
  • george77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

I get TEXP70

chrissx2
  • chrissx2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

i had "SecuLauncher: failed to start application (2000)" error
It was caused by my flash disk ... i just removed it from my USB port and now everything is working.

Goldberg1982
  • Goldberg1982

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:54 AM Edited by Goldberg1982, 15 December 2008 - 04:17 PM.

I get the WS10 Fatal Error too, before the game starts!
Bought the game yesterday, installed it and the patch, update Live, but it haven't started yet!
Try to reinstall Live, but this do not help.

I use the 8.12 Catalyst Driver
Specs:
Vista SP1
E8400
2GByte RAM
MSI Neo 2 Board
ATI HD 4870
Creative X-Fi Gamer

Wedant
  • Wedant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:21 PM Edited by Wedant, 14 December 2008 - 02:28 PM.

My on going issue...

Hello,

Where exactly in the game you experienced the issue (start screen, while playing the game, etc.):
ORIGINAL ERROR
- Dure in loading the game, after the fancy pictures stop. black screen with 'new game' writing on the bottum right corner, 1-2 seconds at this point. RESC10.
- When changing graphic options. RESC10
- When clicking benchmark. RESC10
- I am unable to select 1920x1200 (at a gues could i be limited to not use it? I understand that your tecture detail is limited...)
- i cannot change the texture settings (stuck at medium, cannot change to low...)
- Also an anoying mouse 'lag' where the mouse is a few mili seconds behing my movement... (will check drivers) this is only on the menu (although i havnt entered the game yet...)

What version of the game you have (retail, steam, other online store)
-Steam (Note im duel booting. I donwloaded on a different OS. Although im currently downloading GTA4 again on the OS i intend to play on (i didnt realise steam would auto install))

Benchmark info or DxDiag is also helpful
- Benchmark crashes as i click on it.
- DxDiag, not sure as to what it is. at i gues, i assume vista SP1 has Dx 10...

System info:
- Chassis = built as Clevo M570U. Sold as Sager NP5760U
- CPU = Core Due 2 T7200 (4MB) 2GHz
- RAM = 2GB (dure in launch up till crash, system does not exceed 2gb - thats only my interpritation of the scaling on the task manager graph)
- GPU = NV GO 7950GTX 512MB (having seen the fix for the 7900 cards for desktops, i guess this is the problem?) (i know this is near minimum spec, but iv seen a post claiming 20-30 fps with a 6800GS OCed)
- Sound card = Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook
- OS = Duel booting (if this has any effect), i will run GTA4 on Vista x64 SP1 (Ultimate)

Notes:
- downloaded and installed .net 3.5
- re downloading the game again now on the OS i intent to play GTA4 on.
- i tried disabling every graphically demmanding feature on vista, with no change
- obviously restarted, luanched GTA4 with bare minimum programs running. no change.
- I think iv already typed this. I noticed i 'quick fix' beta driver for a critical fault with 7900 cards. However this does NOT work on NV GO cards (laptop GPUs). Any chance of getting one as im assuming its the same fault? Now i gues you will say laptop drivers will depend on the indevidual manufacturera, but as far as i know Clevo are the only company that make 'gaming laptops' (and sell on to dell, hp, alien ware etc...), so 1 company to work with (or NV to work with...) to get 'gaming laptops' working?

I will post again tommorow on whether the reinstall has effected the error, however i doubt it will.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update - Edit 1
Updated to first patch
Fatal Error TEXP70
Where? launching game, on the "legal screen"/copywrite info
Suggested fixes:
- reinstall DX > reinstalled 9.0c but i believe DX10.1 is part of vista SP1 and im not reinstalling that, last time i system restored i lost my OS drive...
- install latest drivers > my GPU drivers havnt been updated since a couple of months after going on the shelf...

Note
- I thought the patch fixed crashing on the legal screen?
- Iv mailed NV about the possibility of getting an updated driver, however if a R* employee was to do this somthing may actually happen...
- Im about to contact my laptop 'seller' and the 'producer' about getting a driver update.

Thankyou for your time taken to read my post,
Wedant

yokomo
  • yokomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

Hey Guys

I downloaded gta 4 yesterday and managed to crack it and works fine, but i have a problem. After some minutes playing it the screen begins to go up and down all the time, like when in vice city he takes drugs but remains in normal speed. And also when it does this when I enter a vehicle, automatically goes fast and couldn't stop the vehicle, with smoke coming out from the engine.

I hope some one can answer me and tell me what can I do about this problem. Thanks

biggeo
  • biggeo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (radeonhd @ Dec 4 2008, 12:21)
What if I don't recieve any error code? When it launches, it appears first credtis screens,m and then it crashes and apperas windows vista message "GTA stoppet to work, windows is looking for a solution..."

Well I have XP and I have the same problem.

Fun thing is that some people use the download "fixed version" and play it with no problem. So I suspect either the RSC or windows live cause me the problem, or the DRM software used to protect the game.

And as I think I pre-order it from AMAZON.COM a month ago. And now it give me CRAP.

Send a message to them but I received just the automate answer.

If I knew that DRM CRAP was in the software I never trouble buy it. I bought FIFA 2009 and had the same problems. NOW I use FIFA 2009 fixed downloaded from the NET and it works.

Yes I admit it , I become an "outlaw" simple cause thery forced me , when my legal bought software don't work.

FOR PC USERS the MOTTO MUST BE: STAY AWAY from DRM software, cause they only give us CRAP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users