Photo

Can't Connect to Windows Live in Game!

28 replies to this topic
kevinsal
  • kevinsal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

So they make you sign into Windows Live in order to save progress in a single player game...

When I login the connection freezes and says cannot connect...

When I login to Windows Live messenger it works fine, so something is jacked up with the in game login.

Nothing is more annoying than buying a new game and you cant play it because you cant save a game..

Anyone else having this issue?

kevinsal
  • kevinsal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

bump

Aquaphonic
  • Aquaphonic

Slayer Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

Exact same problem here. However, it has since been sidelined by the fact that I can't even get the game to run now since I installed .NET framework 3.5, it just crashes after the Rockstar North logo disappears in the intro.

Seriously considering returning the game I'm so annoyed with it.

GTAMonkey2012
  • GTAMonkey2012

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:08 PM Edited by GTAMonkey2012, 03 December 2008 - 06:12 PM.

At social club select "start"

at login select "skip login" under the password, this will give a reminder message about not being online .. "X" it.

let it go in, GFWL will then show "login name - logged in offline" ... start a fresh game, you can play.

This is only on the basis (for me ) that I logged in once before it all went down in GFWL.

I "think" that if you started a game while online, and then save, it wants to be online or else. But if you save once online, then exit start the game up and ignore being online and do the steps I mention you can carry on and it will save without being online, just need to get that "logged offline" message then you know it wont ask to be online and the next save point onwards.

Straubinger82
  • Straubinger82

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hm... I cannot log in to MS-Live again.

When I look over the Networkspecs inGame, I can see I donīt have an internet-IP-adress.
Where and how I can avoid this problem.

Please, has anyone an idea.... u see I am no professional in that area..

Thanks for reading.

kevinsal
  • kevinsal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

Well at least there's a work around to play offline, but why would they release the game if the login doesn't even work..

My Windows Live works outside the game just not inside.. embed it!

Or... Delay the game release Rockstar!

Weakling
  • Weakling

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:27 PM

Same problem here. It is nice to have a workaround for Social Club to start the game, but it would be nice to have a workaround for Windows Live as well to be able to save progress. Games for Windows LIVE simply refuses to login from within the game. cryani.gif

TheWelshGamer
  • TheWelshGamer

Bilbo T Baggins

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:29 PM

If you guys have 2 network adapters (like one ethernet or one wireless, for example) try disabling the one not in use through network connections settings.

I have a support thread just for gfw live issues up so if you have anymore problems have a look at that and I have a few solutions for you.

kevinsal
  • kevinsal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (GTAMonkey2012 @ Dec 3 2008, 18:08)
At social club select "start"

at login select "skip login" under the password, this will give a reminder message about not being online .. "X" it.

let it go in, GFWL will then show "login name - logged in offline" ... start a fresh game, you can play.

This is only on the basis (for me ) that I logged in once before it all went down in GFWL.

I "think" that if you started a game while online, and then save, it wants to be online or else. But if you save once online, then exit start the game up and ignore being online and do the steps I mention you can carry on and it will save without being online, just need to get that "logged offline" message then you know it wont ask to be online and the next save point onwards.

It says "You need to sign in, in order to save progress.." Do you want to sign in now? Then fubars at login..

So I cant even play single player

Defrost My Head
  • Defrost My Head

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

I havent logged into gfwl ONCE ingame. It crashes & burns every time. I can play for a while without saving. It freezes after a while but I'll worry about that later =) Perhaps the first GFWL achievement should be "Successfully installed and played the game" to which I FAIL icon13.gif

DevastFrank
  • DevastFrank

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

I bought the game on Steam yesterday...
Game IS able to connect to some kind of Live thingy, so I can save, but when I try to got to teh chatroom, or just start MP, it wants me to login with Live ID. And thats the same problem as you have. Im glad I can save singleplayer, but I want to try the f*cking MP.

And f*ck Microsoft with its f*ckING Windows live. They cant even get support - or even decent FAQ. General faggots I say...

steino
  • steino

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

i cant connect to windows live , so i cant save .
i checked for the countries that support windows live and south africa is not one of them .
how can i play the game if i cant save pleaze guys we must get help!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

kyleni
  • kyleni

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

Ah I made my own thread for the same problem, couldn't find one the same as mine, great to see others with it too now I've found this.

Specifically my problem;
The login fails and when I check the network status I don't have an IP address, but I can login to windows live out of the game.

Psych0tic
  • Psych0tic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

I couldn't save at first because trying to log in on Windows Live crashed the game instantly.

Then I read a post on a different forum that suggested I do the following:

1) create an offline-profile by clicking on "Guide" in the Gta ingame menu
2) choose to create a new profile, then choose "offline-profile" (or something similar)
3) choose a user name
4) after this you should be logged on in offline mode
5) click start
6) play the single player campaign and save at will, but forget about online gaming for now

This worked for me, hopefully it does for at least some of you too...

If this has already been mentioned, sorry, I just felt I should post this...

Oh yeah, and Rockstar, next time you release a game, please make sure it's stable, ok? icon13.gif

steino
  • steino

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:34 AM

thank you my friend
i created the offline thing and im playing and saving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this was surely a bad release from r*
but luckily we are sorted for the single player so far

happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Defrost My Head
  • Defrost My Head

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

Yeah that works. orly.gif

DevastFrank
  • DevastFrank

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

I bring SAD news everyone,
the f*ckin answer was under our noses all the time. Just read the damn message and learn to use google.
Check out this link... it will explain everything.

http://www.gamesforw...iveservice.aspx

MMhardKy
  • MMhardKy

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (DevastFrank @ Dec 5 2008, 21:03)
the f*ckin answer was under our noses all the time. Just read the damn message and learn to use google.

I think it's possible to create an US profile though. I created one, I'm gonna try it out.

Psych0tic
  • Psych0tic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (DevastFrank @ Dec 5 2008, 21:03)

I'm in one of the supported countries. Still doesn't work, though. Except in offline mode, as mentioned above.

poncratias
  • poncratias

a thread for threads

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

can't play online too.

Why the f*ck did they make it incremental to have this sh*t to be online?

why have to hang to a program of someone else?

why not just make a freckin multiplayer like all multiplayerable games before had???

WHY MAKE IT COMPLICATED IF THE EASY WAY WAS WORKING FINE??????

stupidstupidstupid

poncratias
  • poncratias

a thread for threads

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

anyone got a solution for this yet?

DevastFrank
  • DevastFrank

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (poncratias @ Dec 6 2008, 10:36)
can't play online too.

Why the f*ck did they make it incremental to have this sh*t to be online?

why have to hang to a program of someone else?

why not just make a freckin multiplayer like all multiplayerable games before had???

WHY MAKE IT COMPLICATED IF THE EASY WAY WAS WORKING FINE??????

stupidstupidstupid

Blame Microsoft.

divinee
  • divinee

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

so now i have to make a new account not being able to use my best gamertag. cant even play online. fck you microsht.

NIPSEN
  • NIPSEN

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:20 PM

Issue here :

http://forums.steamp...ad.php?t=764524

sinilaid
  • sinilaid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:25 PM Edited by sinilaid, 08 December 2008 - 10:43 PM.

make sure you have netframework 3.5 I had 3.0 and could not connect to LIVE untill I updated it

Esbornia
  • Esbornia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

That also happened to me, I couldn't connect to windows live inside GTAIV, and it was driving me crazy, the solution I found is for people using asus motherboards. When I turn off asus acpi (aacenter.exe) it works like a charm, it connects and I can play normally, the only thing happening to me now is that everytime I play for 15 minutes the game crashes and returns to windows, I hjope my solution helps you guys, and if you know anything about the crash problem pls tell me.

Esbornia
  • Esbornia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:12 AM

Also I live in Brazil and I use my live account from brazil so it has nothing to do with you living in other country and not in one that live supports.

Cmdr_Data
  • Cmdr_Data

Trekkie 4 Life

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:29 AM

I'm from Australia and I too can't get online have tried everything the ports the friewall and everythibnng else there is nothing works.
It give me the Internet IP: not logged in, WFT dose that mean i can access the net through Firefox perfectly fine and MSN live and MSN hotmail chat thing too yet in game i don't have an IP address, which is BS. also it has my internal IP is wrong, i says 192.168.1.2:0 which is wrong ther is NO :0 in my local IP address. Once again MicroSLOTH have screwed up YET again.
Oh and yes i have the latest patch for the game and the llatest GFWL version through RGSC.

chaosmeister
  • chaosmeister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

hmm i stuck vista 64 on my pc and reinstalled gta iv and i can now play online, when i was running XP 32 i couldn't log into live, play online, nothing =/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users