Photo

Microsoft controller mafia LAWBREAKING

41 replies to this topic
NivKing
  • NivKing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

I have made an official complaint at the European Union anti kartel unit.

it's ridiculious that only the Xbox controller is compatible with the game.
This is against the law is Europe and can cost millions in fines to both microsoft and Rockstar.

if you also disagree with the mafia like tactics of microsoft and there controller marketing program.

pls write your complain to Nelie Smith Kroes at the European union and explain what they have done ingame.
WHAT THEY DO IS GAINST THE LAW.

the only thing we need to do is get enough complains to the inbox of the appropriate department of the european union.

go to this link >> http://europa.eu/
and find your language and make your statement, preferable in correct language, without the bad language, just for being taken seriously.

thanks in advance!

shat_kat
  • shat_kat

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Whilst i agree that it is wrong that you are only allowed to use a specific controller, if this is the case, because i dont use controllers.
But it think there needs to be more emphasis on passed onto such organisations about the supposed refund issues with PC games.

Plenty of shops these days will tell you, when you approach the till, that you will not be able to return a pc game, im pretty sure this is against the law, but digital delivery systems like steam are pulling the same crap. With less and less companies providing demo's for games until months after the release of the game, there should be a way to return games that do not run to customers standards... Reasonable standards i.e. anything below 25 - 30fps on a system that meets the recommended requirements.

p.s. im not hijacking the thread

MorlockGod
  • MorlockGod

Creator

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

I like your intention NivKing, but I think you will have to be a bit more organised if you want everybody pulling in the same direction. I looked at the official complaint form on that website and it is a messy affair. If you dig up an email address that we can all write to then you have my backing.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (MorlockGod @ Dec 3 2008, 17:27)
I like your intention NivKing, but I think you will have to be a bit more organised if you want everybody pulling in the same direction. I looked at the official complaint form on that website and it is a messy affair. If you dig up an email address that we can all write to then you have my backing.

Unfortunately the GTA community is kind of sneered upon by the very people you are trying to get to do something, they are likely to just ignore the requests for fair play and take the Jack Thompson approach.

NivKing
  • NivKing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

I've send it to the [email protected] <[email protected]>

it's the main entry for complains i guessd, but i am no expert on politics as i hope it was the correct mailbox.
but i do know that what they do is against the law, there where simular cases in the past.

Malik
  • Malik

IV

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

I agree completely

Nelie kroes can own companies like they have never seen before. ask microsoft biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

evilrex
  • evilrex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Microsoft + Rockstar Games = <3

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Why would even wanna play a PC game with a controller? I mean, isn't the whole point of getting a PC game is to play it with a mouse and keyboard? If you wanna play it with a controller, why not to just play it on a console?

Malik
  • Malik

IV

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (simkas @ Dec 3 2008, 16:43)
Why would even wanna play a PC game with a controller? I mean, isn't the whole point of getting a PC game is to play it with a mouse and keyboard? If you wanna play it with a controller, why not to just play it on a console?

If you buy a game. And you wanna enjoy it fully seeing you paid the price for it. Wouldnt you like to be able to play it AS YOU WISH?

zepman79
  • zepman79

Engineering Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (simkas @ Dec 3 2008, 23:43)

Most people find it a lot easier to drive with a controller and then play on foot and shoot with mouse and keyboard. R* made the game intentionally so that you could use both the 360 controller and they keyboard and mouse together, without having to unplug anything.

grahamofboro
  • grahamofboro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

I am totally shocked at the absolute contempt that the loyal fans and customers of GTA have been treated with.

They know exactly what they are doing, £35 wasn't enough to squeeze out of me and now they want me to buy an x box 360 controller as well.

I could almost live with the fact that the game barely runs on all minimum settings but this has really taken the p*ss to the extreme.

Not only does my logitec rumblepad not work, but my old MICROSOFT Sidewinder pad also doesn't work.

... and we can't even take the game back to the shop because we have the serial number!!

I've been buying GTA since the first version and have always been delighted with the excellent and detailed product I have received.

But I cannot express how deeply disappointed I am with this shocking treatment. It is literally at the point of disbelief

davebo
  • davebo

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

I've always switched between keyboard+mouse for on foot controls and a Playstation 2 controller with usb adapter but driving. I understand that the Games for Windows Live, in the interest of universal compatibility, decided to make every game compatible with the xbox 360 controller. However, I see no reason that any controller recognized by the operating system shouldn't be just as easy to map controls to.

I have also been buying GTA on pc's since the first one, but I'm sorry to say that I won't be rebuying GTA4 on pc until I see some fixes from Rockstar and corresponding positive feedback from users on the internet.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:41 AM

I play GTA on a 50inch pasma from 2.5 metres away on my sofa.. Keyboard and mouse is not an option.

I'm also quite happy with using a controlller having played GTA 3 - GTA 4 using one on the consoles. To be honest, using keyboard and mouse wouldn't feel right to me for this type of game - it would break the immersion in some ways.. At least for me.

Like others, I should have the choice of using a controller and also benefitting from the improved graphics and resolution the PC version offer.

McDodge34
  • McDodge34

GTA V PC Maniac

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

There's a trick you can use to map any controller onto keyboard shortcuts, its called Xpadder and is available everywhere on the Internet (just google the word xpadder) that's what I've done with my original xbox controller clone (made by madcatz) the only thing missing on this one is that it only has 2 bumpers not 4 like on the x360 controller which cost so much 59,99$ is pretty high price for a controller I think. Its not perfect cause I was forced to map walk forward and backward at two places (on the bumpers when driving and on the left stick when on foot) result is I can't use bumpers when on foot to shoot like on the real thing, but I prefer the mouse to shoot people anyway.

killer45acp
  • killer45acp

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

I found out that my Logitech rumblepad 2 would not work with the game and I was forced to buy the microsoft controller for $65. This really sucks that rockstar makes you buy the microsoft controller if you want to use a controller to play GTA4 on PC. I hope rockstar gets in trouble.

MaHayJay
  • MaHayJay

Wasson John

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:53 AM

lucky i have a wired 360 controller

i bet logitech will have a few words to say to R*

MaddmattH
  • MaddmattH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

I wonder if this is part of the Windows Live thing?

I agree that it's ridiculous. Microsoft seems to be trying to monopolise the controller market here.
I was hoping to give my steering wheel a try for the driving, but now I can't. What a joke. And I can't use my joystick for helicopters either confused.gif

MaHayJay
  • MaHayJay

Wasson John

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:58 AM

would this work??

user posted image

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Malik @ Dec 3 2008, 16:45)

If you buy a game. And you wanna enjoy it fully seeing you paid the price for it. Wouldnt you like to be able to play it AS YOU WISH?

If i buy a Ipod. And you wanna enjoy it fully seeing you paid the price for it. Wouldn't you like to be able to use any usb adapter.

If i buy a dell. And you wanna enjoy it fully seeing you paid the price for it. Wouldn't you like to be able to use any power adapter. (i think they fix that with the new ones)

If i buy a video game. And you wanna enjoy it fully seeing you paid the price for it. Wouldn't you like to be able to use any hardware i want to.

companies always made proprietary stuff. they like to make stuff that only works with there stuff. Microsoft really does work well with there 3ed party's.

its just that you people in European hate micersoft. ....suing them because the bundled ie with windows..... ever company does this.

I like in the usa any way. and i dont really care because i do like the xbox 360 controller.

MaddmattH
  • MaddmattH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Jackmackg @ Dec 4 2008, 01:07)
I like in the usa any way. and i dont really care because i do like the xbox 360 controller.

If you don't care then why bother posting here? Some of us do have a problem with it. There is no good reason for it except for MS to monopolise the market.

And how is it relevant that you like the USA? sigh.gif

JeddyH
  • JeddyH

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

I just saw this

Currently Supported Controllers
We are actively working on adding support for a larger variety of gamepads. For now here is a complete list of all controllers compatible with Grand Theft Auto IV PC:

* XBOX 360 for Windows (Controller)
* Wireless XBOX 360 Controller
* Joytech 360 pad (Controller)
* Pelican TSZ360 Pad (Controller)
* MadCatz 360 (Controller)
* MadCatz 360 Pro (Controller)
* MadCatz 360 MicroCon (Controller)
* Bigben Controller BB7201 (Controller)
* MadCatz Arcade GameStick 360
* Logitech Chillstream

from this

http://www.rockstarg...4&submit=Submit

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (MaddmattH @ Dec 4 2008, 01:12)
QUOTE (Jackmackg @ Dec 4 2008, 01:07)

If you don't care then why bother posting here? Some of us do have a problem with it. There is no good reason for it except for MS to monopolise the market.

And how is it relevant that you like the USA? sigh.gif

i made this too tell you that this has always happen. the usa part. even if i do and they get sued and you win it won't chang anything here. not worth my time.

also look at JeddyH post. nuff said

MaddmattH
  • MaddmattH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:42 AM Edited by MaddmattH, 04 December 2008 - 01:46 AM.

QUOTE (JeddyH @ Dec 4 2008, 01:36)
I just saw this...

Thanks for the info.

But not good enough from Rockstar IMO. Previous GTA games supported all controllers, so do many other games. So why add support only for a select few? confused.gif

Guess I'll have to find one of the 360 controller emulation programs for my Joystick.

@Jackmackg
Yea I see what you mean. It just sucks to see that kind of thing getting worse. There is no good reason to limit games to the MS controller, especially when there are other, better controllers available. It can't replace a joystick or steering wheel.

Officer_Dufus
  • Officer_Dufus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

Go complain about Apple only allowing their applications on the iPhone or whatever if you are going to complain about Microsoft as well!

Blitz81
  • Blitz81

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

I just saw this

Currently Supported Controllers
We are actively working on adding support for a larger variety of gamepads. For now here is a complete list of all controllers compatible with Grand Theft Auto IV PC:

* XBOX 360 for Windows (Controller)
* Wireless XBOX 360 Controller
* Joytech 360 pad (Controller)
* Pelican TSZ360 Pad (Controller)
* MadCatz 360 (Controller)
* MadCatz 360 Pro (Controller)
* MadCatz 360 MicroCon (Controller)
* Bigben Controller BB7201 (Controller)
* MadCatz Arcade GameStick 360
* Logitech Chillstream

from this

http://www.rockstarg...4&submit=Submit

I have a regular xbox controller configured for win XP, and sure enough, not on the list and doesn't work. It works in EVERY other game I own. I'm trying to get the keyboard mapped out in a good way, but I can't get all the controls in a convienent place... i refuse to spend $60 on a new controller after spending $50 on game that crashes ever 30 sec!

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (MaddmattH @ Dec 4 2008, 01:42)
I just saw this...

Thanks for the info.

But not good enough from Rockstar IMO. Previous GTA games supported all controllers, so do many other games. So why add support only for a select few? confused.gif

Guess I'll have to find one of the 360 controller emulation programs for my Joystick.

@Jackmackg
Yea I see what you mean. It just sucks to see that kind of thing getting worse. There is no good reason to limit games to the MS controller, especially when there are other, better controllers available. It can't replace a joystick or steering wheel.

maybe they tune there software to use those controllers to the best way possible. i could never get commercial games to work right with joy pads.

youngbreadwinna
  • youngbreadwinna

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:22 AM

Try pinnacle Game Profiler

It has worked on any game i have tried it on...

eagle016
  • eagle016

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:38 AM

The main point of buying it on PC is so that you can have MODS... not for the M/KB use.

At least for me it is, anyways. The KB/M and graphics are just an extra.

Straubinger82
  • Straubinger82

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:48 AM

Has anybody got some vibrations from his xbox360 controller for windows?

I mean in case someone here has one...

I damn that act too, but I was weak, and so I bought one.
In my case 2 things are not working:

On Feet, I cannot look around with the right stick!
In Car, I can!
???

The rumbleaction doesn´t work!

Nice peace of crap.....

Last but not least, big thanks for any help.

GReats,
Straubinger82

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (MaddmattH @ Dec 4 2008, 01:42)
I just saw this...

Thanks for the info.

@Jackmackg

I totally agree, if this isn't a mistake then it's a fekn joke..

By the way if anyone finds a decent emulator or workaround plz post !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users