» «
Photo

I love the Polish edition of the game

12 replies to this topic
Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:26 PM Edited by Neon25, 27 November 2008 - 06:43 PM.

It costs the same as in US or UK, but look what we have:

http://cenega.pl/?ID=6371

Translated:
Game will appear in Poland on 3rd December, the same day as Europe release. GTA IV PC will be full English release[thank God- Neon25] with Polish box, manual and some extra stuff:
  • Polish version of "Voice of Liberty City"- a guide that takes you around the most interesting places in the city of anarchy;
  • Detailed map of Liberty City, with Polish descriptions of all the districts;
  • Polish game guide showing off new functions in the PC version of the game, not available in console versions;
  • Unique cd-key for Games for Windows LIVE multiplayer;
  • Elegant box with game's logo embossed;
And while I would still like to have all that stuff in English(I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I find English better to read than Polish tounge.gif ), I am still glad that Poland gets some cool stuff. wink.gif

spudz47
  • spudz47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

Damn, I hope Europe gets the map too, at least...

GTA_XP
  • GTA_XP

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (spudz47 @ Nov 27 2008, 16:34)

Me2

Freddy999
  • Freddy999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Hehe I don't mind, I'm Polish (live in Denmark) so I can just get my friend to scan then print out the stuff he got biggrin.gif

PestilenceJM
  • PestilenceJM

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:39 PM

Erm, ive got a map with my San Andreas (in germany and german language). Why should the map for GTA 4 be something exclusive for Poland only?
Im very sure, GTA 4 PC all over the world will have the same box content, just on different languages.

Cojage
  • Cojage

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

Yeah i doubt it is only with the Polish edition. Honestly, why would they do that? R* is not Polish, and realistically, it is not like they will sell the most copies in Poland right?

l0NgB0y
  • l0NgB0y

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

The console version had a map in all the versions - EU and US. Hopefully same for the PC ... biggrin.gif

PestilenceJM
  • PestilenceJM

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (l0NgB0y @ Nov 27 2008, 20:19)

The console version had a map in all the versions - EU and US. Hopefully same for the PC ... biggrin.gif

This is Rockstar... OF COURSE the PC version will have a map!!! Thats just tradition wink.gif so stop worrying.

Rcguy150
  • Rcguy150

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:51 PM

GTA games have always came with a big foldout city map and a tourist guidebook. Don't worry, GTAIV won't be an exception.

misiaq
  • misiaq

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:20 AM

There seems to be a bit of a rumour going around now.

http://www.gtam.pl/i...ews&id=10000230

The page is in Polish but the gist of it is: Games for Windows Live is unsupported (ie. non-existent) in Poland, it seems that to register you have to put in a different country, which according to Microsoft is against the law and can make them revoke your license (I don't understand if it is the game license or the account). This would mean no multiplayer in Poland. Whereas the polish distributor adds unique codes to the box, and says that you can play on Live, and also that both Microsoft and R* approve. So there is a bit of conflicting information.

I don't know what I'm supposed to make of it any more, and whether this means I and a lot of other people get only what some would call half of the game.

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:19 AM

Heh I'd be really pissed off if theres no map.

I'm already pissed off that there's no CE/SE for PC. What we're not good enough?

Well maybe R* isn't good enough for my money either eh? wow.gif

Gratz to the polish players though.

mashine
  • mashine

GTA series freak

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (misiaq @ Nov 28 2008, 00:20)
There seems to be a bit of a rumour going around now.

http://www.gtam.pl/i...ews&id=10000230

The page is in Polish but the gist of it is: Games for Windows Live is unsupported (ie. non-existent) in Poland, it seems that to register you have to put in a different country, which according to Microsoft is against the law and can make them revoke your license (I don't understand if it is the game license or the account). This would mean no multiplayer in Poland. Whereas the polish distributor adds unique codes to the box, and says that you can play on Live, and also that both Microsoft and R* approve. So there is a bit of conflicting information.

I don't know what I'm supposed to make of it any more, and whether this means I and a lot of other people get only what some would call half of the game.

That would be disaster!! I am sure that will be work around but if I couldn't play MP on original game I want my money back from cenega!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:35 PM

To be honest, what's so 'special' about this edition? It's nearly 100% the same as the previous GTA releases.

I expected a 'collectors edition' similar to the Xbox360/PS3 CE to pop up...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users