Photo

SecuROM will be used!

200 replies to this topic
Death_Blade
  • Death_Blade

[LCG] for the Win.

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Nov 28 2008, 21:55)
QUOTE (Death_Blade @ Nov 28 2008, 21:56)
I highly doubt console fags steal most of the software.  Most of those kids dont know how to mod their console, and it takes more effort to burn a copy of a console game than it does (well, used to) to burn a pc game.  As for the "license agreement" it says console or computer.  (hey, government twists the constitution, ill just do the same thing here, even though I know this argument wouldnt hold up in a court of law.)  Their main concern is money, and the way I see it, obtaining the game without paying for it does more damage to them than simply not getting it at all.

My point was it is console brats stealing PC software, they buy the game for their precious console (because it is too difficult to mod) then just steal the PC version when it comes out. Just like you suggested in your post, you feel that because you paid some money to run a game on ONE system you should be able to steal the PC version. Tell me if you buy another console will you go into a shop and steal a copy of GTA 4 that works on that console too ?

Now of course their main concern is money they are a business. That is how capitalism works they provide a product and we decide whether that product suits our needs and we pay for it. As for your assertion that you are sending a stronger message by pirating the game, that is pure idiocy all you are doing is strengthening their reasoning for putting DRM on the game and leaving the PC hanging when it comes to releases. Now just imagine how much stronger your message would be if you didn't pirate the game. You would then be saying "your DRM hurts your pockets so give me the game without DRM and I will pay for it".

Might as well make your protest somewhat useful.  Take spore for example.  You have to make an example of something.  They did it with spore, and they'll probably do it here too.

No by stealing their software you totally invalidate your argument. It's like saying "I am going on a hunger strike" and then making sure you have three square meals a day. If you feel so strongly about the protection then by all means do not buy the game. But show some balls and put your money where your mouth is and don't pirate the game either. I mean if Rockstar is treating you so shoddily why would you want to play their game at all then ? The fact of the matter is you are just using the DRM as an excuse for stealing the software pure and simple. It has f*ck all to do with "defending my rights as a customer" and everything to do with you being a cheap ass thief.

In the end it comes down to the consumers stand point.  At the moment most people feel like they're getting ripped off, and that the pirates are getting a better deal in the long run.  Thats not good for ANY company, and Rockstars only hurting themselves.  Now obviously most of what ive said was sarcasm,  but a lot more people are going to go for the pirated version simply to avoid all the other BS.  And not having to pay for it is always a plus.  Just the way it is.

Well here is a clue for you keep stealing the software and it won't just get worse it will get non-existent. Now I totally agree with you this DRM is pathetic and a complete waste of time. However it isn't a strong enough issue for me to boycott the game, if it was I would have the guts to completely boycott it and would not resort to being a common thief

No one said the game was bad. People just want to play the damn game and not be bothered with the rest of that crap, and they're going to pirate it for that reason as well. SecuROM is not stopping piracy, its just giving people more of a reason to pirate it. No ones actually "boycotting" this game and no ones starting a protest. Legitimate customers simply want to play and not have to jump through hoops, and if that means stealing it then thats what a lot of people are going to do. Its the same no matter which way you look at it. I have no problem paying for GTA, its a great series and a great game, but im not gonna pay for intrusive software thats going to hinder game play. All I want is the game, no more no less.

GTA_XP
  • GTA_XP

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

This focking topic talks only shiit about, "fuuckin brats, crackin files, crackin exe's, stealin, downloadin
hackin files and other shiit"
How we supposed to know how its installing?
Untill 2/12 or these motafoka brats who grabbed the gta4 pc.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

I have no problems with legitimate customers resorting to using a crack, if that's what they want to do then that is up to them. However you were clearly stating that you were not going to buy the PC version because a) you already bought the console version and b) you don't agree with this copy protection. Well I am sorry but just because you bought the console version does not make you a legitimate customer of the PC version.

The copy protection is part of the packaging of the game. Now if you are not happy with the protection then by all means do not buy the game. After all if you see a style of trainers you like but don't like the colour you won't buy them. However you are saying it is acceptable for people to NOT pay for the PC version but still steal it which is like seeing a style of trainers you like but you don't like the colour so you steal them instead.

dagtafreak
  • dagtafreak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

all this is gonna do is probably get a bit more sales from the first week or 2 but after that the game is gonna be totally cracked. I think its gonna be cracked in about a week ONE MONTH MAX and R* knows that. I dunno but I think R* is trying to piss people off by delaying the game and adding all this security things, I mean their totally asking for it.

gta-evo4
  • gta-evo4

Pc Gamer since 20th century

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

I'm gonna buy a legit copy of the game, and if registering is a real hassle, I'll download a crack, and end of story.

pimpinpenguin?
  • pimpinpenguin?

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:21 PM

I really don't get how Rockstar is asking for this. Now if people who didn't like the protection bought the game and then cracked it, then Rockstar may think about relaxing the protection schemes since if people are buying the game the DRM doesn't need to be so aggressive. But if people use this f*cking lame excuse of i don't like the protection so i am going to pirate it, then don't blame Rockstar for implementing a better protection system. they need to make as much profit as they can from it and if people pirate they have to try to hamper them for as long as possible.

Let me tell you now, Game companies WON"T reduce or remove copy protections if you keep pirating games because of it, because on they're side they are seeing the high piracy rate as justification for this aggressive DRM. And unless we the PC gamers can prove otherwise by buying the game and not pirating we will be stuck in this viscous cycle in which we the PC gamers will eventually lose.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (dagtafreak @ Nov 28 2008, 18:05)
all this is gonna do is probably get a bit more sales from the first week or 2 but after that the game is gonna be totally cracked. I think its gonna be cracked in about a week ONE MONTH MAX and R* knows that. I dunno but I think R* is trying to piss people off by delaying the game and adding all this security things, I mean their totally asking for it.

Who the f*ck actually thinks that the game was delayed due to adding the copy protection? Just more bullsh*t from people trying to make Rockstar look bad for protecting their game.

Thun_d3r
  • Thun_d3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

if I buy the game and then use a no-dvd will I have any problems with cd-key or GFWL when going online?

GTAMonkey2012
  • GTAMonkey2012

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

Let me tell you now, Game companies WON"T reduce or remove copy protections if you keep pirating games because of it, because on they're side they are seeing the high piracy rate as justification for this aggressive DRM. And unless we the PC gamers can prove otherwise by buying the game and not pirating we will be stuck in this viscous cycle in which we the PC gamers will eventually lose.

Best grown up post ive seen so far, completely agree.

Its like looting in a riot, short term solution, long term problems.

DOUDOU
  • DOUDOU

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (thereisnospoon @ Nov 28 2008, 20:43)
You guys are crying way too much over this. It is a one time online activation, it probably won't take more than a couple minutes

except if the servers are underestimated, especially with a global release in one day in the world
as usual

vachon644
  • vachon644

GTA Meister

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Thun_d3r @ Nov 28 2008, 23:29)
if I buy the game and then use a no-dvd will I have any problems with cd-key or GFWL when going online?

Use a legal NODVD. (Steam, Direct2Drive, etc.)

shelx
  • shelx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:35 AM

i have a question can i play GTA IV Multilpayer well with 256KB/s +
one more question does that mean the people who will download the game can play it SP"single player???

can i play this game with this card 8500 gt well??
sorry about the last question i know its not the right place

vachon644
  • vachon644

GTA Meister

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (shelx @ Nov 29 2008, 00:35)
i have a question can i play GTA IV Multilpayer well with 256KB/s +
one more question does that mean the people who will download the game can play it SP"single player???

sorry about the last question i know its not the right place

The 8500GT does NOT work with the game, sorry. You have to buy a new card.

shelx
  • shelx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (vachon644 @ Nov 29 2008, 00:46)
QUOTE (shelx @ Nov 29 2008, 00:35)
i have a question can i play GTA IV Multilpayer well with  256KB/s +
one more question does that mean the people  who will download the game  can play it SP"single player???

sorry about the  last question i know its not the right place

The 8500GT does NOT work with the game, sorry. You have to buy a new card.

great i didnt buy any thing yet i will buy new card after 2 weeks
but about 9400 wat about ati 3650??

shelx
  • shelx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:54 AM

can some one give me a list with the supported Graphic cars to play in at medium or high

gta-evo4
  • gta-evo4

Pc Gamer since 20th century

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (shelx @ Nov 29 2008, 00:54)
can some one give me a list with the supported Graphic cars to play in at medium or high

Lets put it this way, if youre on a low budget, 9600gt or 8800gt, great performers for medium-high settings depending on resolution.
But I would suggest the hd4850 or 9800gtx+ as better choices.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

I appreciate you want hardware advice, but this really isn't the thread for this discussion. If you post your questions here :-

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=375340

I am sure you will get some helpful advice. You can also check out the PC and Tech forum on this site here :-

http://www.gtaforums...hp?showforum=73

NineTech
  • NineTech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:22 AM

Bah, what terrible news! sad.gif I waited a while holding off on buying GTA4 on PS3 and instead waiting for the PC version. Rockstar may have lucked on this one though, I already gave the title up as a Christmas suggestion to family members...

Otherwise, just like Crysis Warhead, Dead Space, Far Cry 2, etc (titles I definitely wanted, but have yet to purchase), I'd be waiting to pick up a used copy of this game to support companies that deploy activation-based DRM in their games as little as possible.

As long as I'm still buying my game on physical media, don't make it's life/usefulness subject to external dependencies such as a server that I don't have control over myself. It's a much more personal purchase than an OS or productivity software for example. Sorry, that's just my take on it.

Enjoy the game anyway guys, particularly those others also that passed up the console versions in anticipation for the PC version.

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:48 AM

Hey Charlie, your sig pic is a bit dated.... do yo ahve one lined up for post-release? "Lock-Master C" or something? smile.gif

dagtafreak
  • dagtafreak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:27 AM

LOL if $1,000 software programs get cracked, then this game is already cracked it just doesn't know it yet.

Dodge34
  • Dodge34

GTA4 Maniac

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:07 AM

I was going to buy this game, but I'm not gonna buy it, I'm gonna have a downloaded version and see if the crack works well and let me save my single player game without being connected to their ?*%?&$&$ GFW network or the Internet, then if this work, I'm gonna buy it, otherwise, forget it, I will never support a company that force the use of Internet to save a game.

ObsessedWithGTA4
  • ObsessedWithGTA4

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

You BUY the game to play ONLINE not for the packaging and right to say you bought the game. Idiot.

You only need GFWL to save achievements.

longboardskier
  • longboardskier

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:16 AM

I'm still getting it! The only thing that could make me not get it is if they used Starforce.

vachon644
  • vachon644

GTA Meister

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:26 AM

SecuROM is anything that bad. Seriously, they used it for San Andreas. They may use it again! Who noticed SecuROM anyway!?

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

What is secuROM?

gta4freakk
  • gta4freakk

PC Wiseman...only for gaming...God how did I came up with this?

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

why bother using SecuROM R*? You know it will get cracked as soon as the game is released. You're just pissing off people that have no internet connection...

free_to_view
  • free_to_view

GTA BOSS OF ALL BOSSES AND PC GAMER

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:33 AM Edited by free_to_view, 29 November 2008 - 09:40 AM.

QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ Nov 29 2008, 06:32)
What is secuROM?

SecuROM is used to stop users from copying and making multiable copies of the game. It also stops dampering of the game from its orginal source... (Well it suppost to tounge.gif )

QUOTE (longboardskier @ Nov 29 2008, 06:16)
I'm still getting it!  The only thing that could make me not get it is if they used Starforce.

It doesn't use Starforce for protection, they use SecuROM. Thats why everyone is talking about it lol.gif wink.gif

The Protection ROCKSTAR uses will be these

SecuROM v7 + SecuROM PA + Windows Live

NOTE: SecuROM PA are for users that need activation if you don't have internet connection or having problems activating your product...You still gonna need all the proper keys (sorry pirates devil.gif ) Source

fuckin playa
  • fuckin playa

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (free_to_view @ Nov 29 2008, 09:33)
What is secuROM?

SecuROM is used to stop users from copying and making multiable copies of the game. It also stops dampering of the game from its orginal source... (Well it suppost to tounge.gif )

I'm still getting it!  The only thing that could make me not get it is if they used Starforce.

It doesn't use Starforce for protection, they use SecuROM. Thats why everyone is talking about it lol.gif wink.gif

NOTE: SecuROM PA are for users that need activation if you don't have internet connection or having problems activating your product...You still gonna need all the proper keys (sorry pirates devil.gif ) Source

Does it has limited installs or unlimited?But on another computer to another.

free_to_view
  • free_to_view

GTA BOSS OF ALL BOSSES AND PC GAMER

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:51 AM Edited by free_to_view, 29 November 2008 - 09:56 AM.

QUOTE (f*ckin playa @ Nov 29 2008, 09:46)
QUOTE (free_to_view @ Nov 29 2008, 09:33)
What is secuROM?

Does it has limited installs or unlimited?But on another computer to another.

Q. How many times can I install and uninstall GTA IV using the retail disc I purchased?

A. As many times as you would like, if using the retail disc version.

Q. I have several machines, including a large rig at home, in my office, and a laptop that I take on the road. Can I install the game on all of my machines at once, and if so, how many?

A. Yes. If you have the retail disc version you will just need to take the disc with you and you can play on an unlimited number of machines .

For the digital download versions you can install the game on 5 different PCs at one time , and can always REVOKE a license from any of those machines at any time to allow more new installations on a total of 5 machines at any time .

daxlax
  • daxlax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

Securom? oh no R* wow.gif . I as a PC gamer will have to prove I actually paid and own a game? Gee I wonder why that makes some of the guys in the community sweat and want to see it fail hmm?

You know why that is and I just want to say to those people you are NOT a PC gamer. Your a cancerous disease to us genuine community gamers it's because of YOU we have to jump through hoops like this in the first place.

When the publishers decide to fight back and use such security systems your the first to cry bullsh*t and claim your on a "great protest" for us the gamers..excuse me while I shed a tear for your bravery and Sacrifice <sniff>.

We know the truth is because you was always going to download it anyway. I know it and everyone else here knows it. Only person your trying to pretend to is yourself to say otherwise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users