106 replies to this topic
Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

The fact that some fans don't treat this game as a legitimate GTA game and they don't play it because it's top down.

Not only do some fans ignore it but R* does aswell, they didn't even make a 10th anniversary edition for GTA2 and GTA 1.

• Tomasak, BBBean, M0rk and 7 others like this

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

please read m,y bad fanfiction

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:52 AM

The fact that some fans don't treat this game as a legitimate GTA game and they don't play it because it's top down.

Not only do some fans ignore it but R* does aswell, they didn't even make a 10th anniversary edition for GTA2 and GTA 1.

THOSE MOTHERF*CKERS
THIS MEANS WAR

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

Here are 2 videos of how you can complete Penal Ties and Valdez Alert easy.

To be true with you, I actually have beaten those two missions before posting that comment, and I don't try to beat "Final Jobs" on second and third districts again because I had enough with this super frustrating game.

BTW, I played this game on epsxe 1.7.0

Azurex
  • Azurex

✓ Certified trash

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:13 AM

The first GTA game I played was Vice City, and so that basically set the standard as to what I'd enjoy. At least, that's what I thought.

Vice City is now among my least favorite GTA games, with GTA 3 and GTA 2 holding the top positions.

The atmosphere of GTA 2 brought me in, and the addictive gameplay made it all the better. It's unbeatable, and I wish Rockstar would give a little more love to the game.

• Ivan1997GTA and DimitriFaustin like this

BBBean
  • BBBean

Mad Islander

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:54 PM Edited by BBBean, 30 August 2015 - 12:55 PM.

Alma Mater Return,Valdez Alert,and Final Job in second and third island. I don't hardly try to beat the final jobs that I mentioned before many times because I don't have anymore patience to beat this game

Here are 2 videos of how you can complete Penal Ties and Valdez Alert easy.

*snip*

Nice job getting the car there. I just used the super Arachnid to push another car over the gap when I did the mission the same way. :p

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

I hate the setting, city and stupid cars from future.

lastpackage
  • lastpackage

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

so, you hate 90% of the game.

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:41 AM

so, you hate 90% of the game.

FTFY.

The whole game.

Nonstopmaximum
  • Nonstopmaximum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

Damnation! No donation, no salvation! (Jesus saves)

ElateRex35653
  • ElateRex35653

Not Available

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

The bad is, The Camera. The Camera Display from Up to Down

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

The fact that you can almost never see what's in front of you. It doesn't help that the cars are driving at Mach 4.

• Bender likes this

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:13 PM

The cars more old-style than futuristic, but anyway.

Tumppi90
  • Tumppi90

Pigeon hunter

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:24 AM

How some kill frenzies are pretty much impossible and how lethal fire is to you.

jm-9
  • jm-9

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:02 AM Edited by jm-9, 04 April 2016 - 12:03 AM.

The police system. You get a wanted level as easy as you do in the later games, but you have a lot less health do deal with it. I also find it much easier to bump into a police car than in any other game in the series. It would have been much better to implement a system like GTA Advance, where you have to bump a poice car twice to get a wanted level. This makes my second point all the worse: the one-star (one-head?) wanted level. Cops constantly appear every few seconds, making them pretty much impossible to lose normally. Given that going to a Max Paynt costs $5000 and you're rarely near a police bribe or are nearly finished a mission/kill frenzy, most of the time you just have to hide and wait them out, which gets really annoying. Also, wanted levels shouldn't save when you save the game.

The other problem is kill frenzies. While some of them are fine (and some are very enjoyable), around 75% of them are tedious and not at all fun. Granted I haven't tried any Industrial Sector kill frenzies or most Residential Sector kill frenzies, but I have completed all Downtown kill frenzies. In contrast, kill frenzies in GTA1 are one of the highlights of the game.

Nonetheless, GTA 2 is still a very good game. It provides an excellent introduction to the original GTA style (tank controls/lack of health) and is considerably more difficult than any later game in the series without having to deal with the difficulty that GTA1 contains. It's not worth playing seriously without a map though.

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

I hate how they rushed Residential district, leaving normally impossible kill frenzies and a GTA2-token there. Other than that, I have nothing else negative to say about the game, it's fantastic. I wish more of today's GTA Online-kiddos would give this game and the older one a try and experience GTA at it's very roots.

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

• The lack of radar
  • Jesus Saves for money

Holden Caulfield
  • Holden Caulfield

“Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

- I expected at least one Lucifer Saves. Jesus Saves is offensive to my religion and I refused to save the game because of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users