103 replies to this topic
chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Vextroid @ Jul 24 2010, 15:13)
The aiming. Trying to line up shots on cops at 4+ stars and they run faster than your top speed, you'll get busted so fast.

That's why you should always have a flamethrower.

robinmarkk
  • robinmarkk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

I like to play games. Me and my friends always play GTA game. I like to play GTA game. In GTA 2 slightly modification than GTA. I hate in GTA 2 is the cars aren't very car like but still get you around .

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (TommySprat @ Monday, Dec 15 2008, 14:55)
There are 3 things i hate about GTA2:
1)The green shirt car thief angry.gif DIE!!!!
2)When a traffic car knocks me on the ground and then get run over by a car
3)The collision handling in GTA2, you can get stuck on corners in many ways, your car can stop moving in an instant just by touching a wall

1. I felt the same. I really hate that green car thief who steals your vehicle and the red thief who stole your money for no reasons at all.
2. Knocked on the ground when any spawn vehicles tries to drive you over and that results in WASTED!! where you end up at the hospital, wasting the money plus your weapons will be removed unless you provided the cheats to keep your weapons.
3. I had that problems often when I tries to get away from the police chasing me, ending up trapped at any buildings which they kill me instantaneous. Grrr!!!
4. I kept on failing the Kill Frenzy rampages where I couldn't complete the mission and literally I gave up some K.F missions.
5. PC controls are not easy to maintain especially in races missions like Gran'pa We Love You and Taxi For Traitors! (SRS mission) where you have to remotely control the taxi for 1 minute to race around the lap to successfully complete before picking up the traitors.
6. Negative respect from gangs will kill you with higher and stronger weapons and that will become hard especially in missions where you have to complete in their territories and that won't be easy.

Tomm94
  • Tomm94

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Nothing bad about it, but compared to today's graphics (ridiculous comparison.. I know.. blah blah) it's not really fun to play anymore, in my opinion.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

The top-down view. It makes me dizzy. Also, I don't like the aiming and how easy it is to get busted.

Shao Kahn
  • Shao Kahn

The Emperor of Outworld

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

These retro-styled cars have always been making me sick. What is it, a decline in the design of cars in the near future?
Plus, not being able to store them.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by GAME MASTER, 19 June 2013 - 04:43 PM.

@DropThaSystem: True, it is easy to get busted with cops attacking you when you don't have an accurate aiming to target the people. The aiming is manual so locking system does not attach in the game to target specific people.

@Voit Turyv: Storing vehicles are always useful to have the vehicles that you desire to drive, unfortunately R* didn't create any garages for saving vehicles.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

1. The camera zoomed in and out depending on the speed of the player's vehicle. To see further ahead the player was encouraged to drive at excessive speeds (this is not Need for Speed ffs). When standing still, the camera zoomed too close and objects didn't have enough detail at 640*480, and everything appeared blurred. I would expect the viewport to cover 2x the area at that resolution.

Due to this reason I dropped playing the game without completing it. I didn't have the patience to learn the city map from such small segments. I can't say that the zooming made me "dizzy", but it was slightly uncomfortable.

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

1. If you get 2 cop-heads it's impossible to lose them without spraying the car. This is sometimes good during missions when you're going to steal a SWAT Van for example, but I think 2 cop heads still could've been able to run away from with a fast car.

2. The KF's in Residential District are f*cking unbelievable.

3. There are no awards or anything if you find all tokens nor complete all KF's etcetera.

4. The lack of walking ability.

5. If you fail a KF, there is no chance re-doing it, which is kind of worthless if you fail the last one and forgot to save before.

6. Without MP or Debug keys, you'd never been able to drive the GT-A1 which is boring since you can see the cars and I guess everyone want to drive it. And it's such a nice car, why not having it in traffic after all the Wang Cars are collected, or just have one parked in a secret spot?

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

3. There are no awards or anything if you find all tokens nor complete all KF's etcetera.

4. The lack of walking ability.

Not true, you get sh*tty bonus levels as rewards. :monocle: And why would you ever need to walk, seems useless for this game. 

BBBean
  • BBBean

Mad Islander

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:47 PM Edited by BBBean, 13 July 2015 - 05:47 PM.

@Cerium

1. Find Cop Bribe or crush a Cop car and get one. Or complete a mission or a KF.

6. Totally agree! It should be included in the Wang car bonus or it should spawn in traffic after all of them have been collected. But, you can drive it in multiplayer.

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

I hate how it's easy to get busted. I also hate token 19.

Other than that, it's a great game.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

no hate here its

THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

• Giradox likes this

Issik
  • Issik

Ah , we all do dumb things , that's what make's us human

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

the top-down view , after playing CTW i can't stand top-down anymore.

other than  that it's definitely one of my favorite GTA.

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

I think it's interesting, this with the teoretical difficulty of the missions. The Grand Theft Auto mission is indeed really hard for a green phone. It is too similar to the Operation Z mission though, lack of creativity. The Distraction Action mission is not as hard as Murder in the Mall, I mean is there any difficulty? "Tanks Giving" is much more harder, imo Tanks Giving is ten times harder than the first redk Redneck phone (Gang Car Bang?). Penal Ties fits perfect. Taxi Traitor Test is SUPER easy, I still don't understand why they put it on the red phone.

The missions in Industrial area are actually really entertaining, some of them a real struggle to complete. And it's the map I've played least so the missions are always a surprise (unlike the other two areas).

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:02 AM Edited by Rendy Specter(Riandy), 21 July 2015 - 12:05 AM.

Alma Mater Return,Valdez Alert,and Final Job in second and third island. I don't hardly try to beat the final jobs that I mentioned before many times because I don't have anymore patience to beat this game

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

Alma Mater Return,Valdez Alert,and Final Job in second and third island. I don't hardly try to beat the final jobs that I mentioned before many times because I don't have anymore patience to beat this game

The first mission is probaly Penal Ties in the PC version. The mission is one of the hardest mission in the whole game according to me, along with Tanks Giving and a few more (Grand Theft Auto, Army Base Alert etc). Just try to beat the mission in the beginning so your last mission is a green one. After the 21st mission the Final Job starts, so you want an easy mission if you fail.

Valdez Alert is not hard. Take a cop car and drive on the left side on the rail. Just before the jump, do a quick left turn and land on the small roof. Destroy one generator from there and take the other one normally. Take your car inside as an extra armor. The biggest obstacle is if the SRS have flamethrowers, but just give them maximum respect by killing zaibatsu and it will be easier. 

The final jobs are not hard. Stay in your car when the 3 guys come. They will kill each other and one will be left. Drive him over and you've succeed. 

Something I noticed today is that two missions really don't deserve their placements. The green redneck mission "Double Cross Crush" is about killing 50 zaibatsu and 50 SRS's in vice versa cars (Z-type kills SRS). The yellow SRS mission "LaBrats Plan" is exactly the same, but much easier. You only have to kill 47 Zaibatsu with any car or any weapon, which makes it easy in comparation to the green redneck mission.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

You can make "Penal Ties" one of the easiest missions if you do one simple thing. Also "Army Base Alert" is easy too if you ignore everything and just drive there with a decent car:

http://www.dropbox.c... alert.avi?dl=0

You can of course be more cautious than me and drive a circle around the tank at the entrance to have a better angle so that you don´t get stuck accidently. It´s pretty consistent and easy. :)

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:04 PM Edited by Cerium, 26 July 2015 - 01:04 PM.

You can make "Penal Ties" one of the easiest missions if you do one simple thing. Also "Army Base Alert" is easy too if you ignore everything and just drive there with a decent car:

http://www.dropbox.c... alert.avi?dl=0

You can of course be more cautious than me and drive a circle around the tank at the entrance to have a better angle so that you don´t get stuck accidently. It´s pretty consistent and easy.  :)

Nice video of Penal Ties, actually I didn't know this.

Army Base Alert is not hard when you're inside the base, the harder part is to drive without meeting any tanks. Although that one is easier than Tanks Giving.

How do you do to not make it crash and what do you use for recording?

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

Army Base Alert is not hard when you're inside the base, the harder part is to drive without meeting any tanks. Although that one is easier than Tanks Giving.

Driving out is actually the easier part because if you take the route like I did than you never will get shot on the way. "Tanks Giving" on the other hand requires more luck, because no matter where you drive you can get awkward tank road blocks. But still should be fine in 3 out of 4 times. I use Dxtory for recording, but not sure what you mean with without making the game crash. It normally crashes for me after a few restarts, or at some certain missions there is some risk that the game can crash, but normally i´m able to finish all missions with the game not crashing.

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

Driving out is actually the easier part because if you take the route like I did than you never will get shot on the way. "Tanks Giving" on the other hand requires more luck, because no matter where you drive you can get awkward tank road blocks. But still should be fine in 3 out of 4 times. I use Dxtory for recording, but not sure what you mean with without making the game crash. It normally crashes for me after a few restarts, or at some certain missions there is some risk that the game can crash, but normally i´m able to finish all missions with the game not crashing.

I'm going to try Dxtory then. My game freezes at weird places. Mostly when I walk and punch someone on the 3rd area. But also when I drive and do a "screech" sound. Then I get the "GTA2 main executable has stopped working" error. I have v11.44 patch and I don't know why it crashes to be honest. It's so boring, I have to make a savegame after every mission when I do a 100% completion. I had all tokens and KF's on Downtown and was just about to save and my game crashed. f*cking hell...

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

Hm I can play both versions (9.6 and 11.44) without these problems on Win7 64 bit. But i wonder how you want to complete 100% on 11.44 version. The "destroying 20 police vehicles with electro gun" KF doesn´t seem to be feasible with the Wang Car glitch fix.

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

Hm I can play both versions (9.6 and 11.44) without these problems on Win7 64 bit. But i wonder how you want to complete 100% on 11.44 version. The "destroying 20 police vehicles with electro gun" KF doesn´t seem to be feasible with the Wang Car glitch fix.

I had 100% on Downtown! But I think it is possible to complete that one without the glitch. I mean, is it impossible to just get spawning cop cars near that KF? I'm close to 100% completion on Industrial atm, just 2 KF's left. The 20 cop car vehicle mines is pretty tough.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

Well it is theoretically possible, but just think about it: You have 6 parked police cars in Residential and 2 extra cars if you find all 8 Wang Cars. Then you have the "Tanks Giving" mission where you can get 4 extra cars, so 12 in total. You will need to get 8 other cars from the road then.

You have only 1 minute to destroy 20 cop cars with chain explosions not counting. Electro gun is pretty slow in destroying a car, so you need to damage them a lot before you start the frenzy. Then lay out the parked cars with some distance between them and start getting 8 from the road near the frenzy. Getting them seems like a huge problem to me, because they can easily despawn especially when you need to maintain a whole 8 of them on the screen. And you will need to put them not far away from the KF.

Lets say you got them, now you will need to start damaging the cars, before you start the frenzy. If you parked the parked police cars further away you need to get away from the ones that you got off the road just now which might despawn them. If you damage those before you start getting the ones on the road, they might explode in that time unless you didn´t damage them to the point that they start burning. But then you will need more time to actually explode them, so that you very likely don´t have enough time at the end to destroy all cars.

As for Downtown and Industrial 100%. That should be the same for both versions.

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

Another thing I hate with GTA 2 is the constant crashing and freezing when playing a mission. I've been trying to complete the "Conversion Evasion" sh*tty mission for like an hour now, finally destroyed the 3 tanks and then the game freezed. Still don't know how to fix this problem, nothing really works.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

You know, you can die one time in that mission and Sunbeam will give you an explosion-proof truck.

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, I know, but I never found this that truck useful. I found an easy way to complete the mission though, and industrial is 100% completed! Also got 19/20 KF's and 37/50 tokens on residential but that savegame bugged. I died exactly when Flambo Courtez' limousine exploded, so the mission didn't count as completed but the phone is not answerable anymore. How fun...

• Jeansowaty likes this

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Reasons why watching paint dry is better than GTA V.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:11 AM Edited by Vice City criminal, 01 August 2015 - 03:12 AM.

only the lack of storyline. despite that the game is pretty much perfect for a Top-down perspective GTA.

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

only the lack of storyline. despite that the game is pretty much perfect for a Top-down perspective GTA.

Actually, this is something I never even thought about. In my opinion, I rather prefer that a game like GTA 2 has a lack of a clear storyline. That makes the game so grateful to master. I sometimes do missions in a non-chronological order to make a speedrun. But yes, who wouldn't want to know more about the protagonist and the gangs. A remake of GTA 2 (top down view of course) with some new vehicles, same areas but expanded and also more alive (stores, food, parties). 

What I actually hate about GTA 2:

- The lack of non changeable clothes. The outfit of Claude Speed is horrible, I always wanted to look like the Zaibatsu's or Yakuza's when I was younger. The SCRTool makes my game crash.

- How gang members can shoot at a cop car without the cops intervene, but as soon as you by accident hit the cop car, they'll go out and chase you. Making the AI more intelligent and realistic would make GTA 2 better.

I've been using the "show_instruments" and I'm surprised about how top speeds are distributed between the cars. For example the Aniston BD4 is considered as a sports car and its top speed is 300 (in the data files yes, I only reached about 265), while the B-Type reaches a top speed of 401. Fastest car in Downtown is the Cop Car (415), followed by the Z-Type (405) and third place is B-Type. None of these 3 cars with a very high speed are sport cars. 

Also the T-Rex is one of the fastest cars with 405 in top speed without turbo, and it is considered as a standard car, while Trance-AM is a sports car (340 top speed). 

• BBBean likes this

Cerium
  • Cerium

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antigua-and-Barbuda

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:36 PM Edited by Cerium, 03 August 2015 - 06:36 PM.

Here are 2 videos of how you can complete Penal Ties and Valdez Alert easy.

• BBBean and Jeansowaty like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users