Photo

What do you hate of GTA 2?

103 replies to this topic
Carl_Jhonson
  • Carl_Jhonson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

There is only one thing that is bad, there is no storyline, not like san andreas, vice city or III, you do missions without knowing why, that's the only thing

Skyline35
  • Skyline35

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

Everything.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

There is only one thing that is bad, there is no storyline, not like san andreas, vice city or III, you do missions without knowing why, that's the only thing

Everything.

That's what I love about GTA 2

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Skyline35 @ Aug 12 2009, 18:29)
Everything.

Don't play it then.

Very simple.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

it hard to run in that game ><
i can't just move the mouse to the way i need to go and push W.
i need to use the ><^v and it's a bit hard.
ad i think i have said what i think about these graphics

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Kratos, do us a favor and BAN yourself.

You even disrespect the 80% of the crap forum. As you call it in your profile.
This should be enough for banning you.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

Driving around with trailer is annoying and i think there should be more missions and as someone already mentioned no similiar missions and that the difficulty is wrong in some missions look "tanks a lot" is the hardest mission in game and its yellow...

i can't just move the mouse to the way i need to go and push W.
i need to use the ><^v and it's a bit hard.

Well thats what i like about this game its kinda challenge its harder than other GTAs, but the control isnīt as hard as u say...

Itīs good that there is no storyline, so i donīt have to do missions in a straight way, i can choose myself which mission i want to do, when and for who! And look GTA 4 i played it, it had a nice graphic but the story was lame, it didnīt make as much fun. In Vice city and III and SA there are missions too where i donīt know why iīm doing them, and i donīt care. As was said in a GTA2 mission "We need u to shut down the XY company, no questions asked". And thats how it should be imo. smile.gif

leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:07 AM

It didn't feel like a serious GTA. Well, none of the GTA's are completely serious to begin with, but this one was too over the top. The names were all puns, and the missions were too unrealistic and cartoony. It didn't really fit within the GTA universe.

pijotero
  • pijotero

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:12 AM

well there is no perfect game but GTA2 has two things that I don t like. Save the game costs $50000 and there is no Bikes like in GTA1 and london.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (B-$hep @ Aug 14 2009, 16:32)
Kratos, do us a favor and BAN yourself.

You even disrespect the 80% of the crap forum. As you call it in your profile.
This should be enough for banning you.

oh... f*ck off.
every of my posts you jumping like a gay and starting to use your weak insults.

and maybe it doesn't hard as i say but it isn't so easy..
still it classic biggrin.gif

Floro Solo
  • Floro Solo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

GTA 2 isn't too bad, it has one feature that owns the 3D GTA'S:

*presses tab*

BURP FART BURP BURP FART BURP BURP FART BURP BURP FART BURP

Oh man I could do that for hours happy.gif
  • Giradox likes this

TsuBaSa
  • TsuBaSa

Ghost Rider

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

I've suscribed to his channel.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Floro Solo @ Aug 23 2009, 01:15)
GTA 2 isn't too bad, it has one feature that owns the 3D GTA'S:

*presses tab*

BURP FART BURP BURP FART BURP BURP FART BURP BURP FART BURP

Oh man I could do that for hours happy.gif

true!

usernotfound
  • usernotfound

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

I loved GTA2 when I got it for the PS as a kid, but nowadays it's too tedious to play. The only thing I love about GTA2 now is the nostalgia and the live action teaser movie that was made.

Playing like that is just too annoying, from precisely above you never see where you're driving, you never see where you end up, no maps, no GPS, nothing, and on top of that savehouses are near impossible to find... No thanks.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

If you have played GTA2 for years (i played and still playing it already 6 years) now then you don't need any maps, GPS or radar. You must have it all in your head. Where this street goes, where this junction is, where this gun can be found etc etc.

usernotfound
  • usernotfound

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

I played it when I was a kid, nowadays I don't play much anymore. And I don't know my way around still.

GTa2Foreva
  • GTa2Foreva

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:03 PM

Bad thing is many bugs in Kill frenzies and stuff rampage_ani.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

Yeah, that's why I've never been able to 100% complete GTA 2.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

I've never played the game, but I've heard you have to pay $50,000 to save your game. Is this true?

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Sep 11 2009, 20:01)
I've never played the game, but I've heard you have to pay $50,000 to save your game. Is this true?

Yes... It will be no problem after you've completed several missions, but that means that you'll have to complete two missions before you're able to save.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

I have started playing it again, after like 6 years. I hate having to find the save house, they should give you an in game map. Also the arrows arent always clear, sometimes il have to go around for ages when i could have gone through an alley, its confusing. An in game map would make this perfect. I dotn want to have to play this game every day to have to master every street just so i can find the safehouse

BBBean
  • BBBean

Mad Islander

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Cops:
-Cops can always drive faster than you no matter what car you have. This is a very common and very stupid feature of many games which involve speeding with cars.
-You can crash other cars as much as you want -> no wanted level. You can steal parked vehicles (with or without alarm) as much as you want -> no wanted level. You can kill many civilians -> no wanted level. You can beat and even kill a cop walking on a street if you approach him behind -> no wanted level. But just touch a cop car and you get wanted level 1 instantly. Or push another (unmanned) car into water.

-Lack of in-game map or GPS. Sometimes it's very, very annoying to find certain places without any navigational aids.

-Lack of a garage or something that would make it possible to store used vehicles permanently without losing them. (especially rare vehicles such as tank, A-type, wang car rewards, other army vehicles etc.)

-I'm not sure about this... I might remember it wrong but... Let's say you're doing a mission which involves blowing up something, a generator building, for example. When the mission is completed that building is intact again.

Motorbikes would be cool. All other GTAs (?) have them but GTA2 doesn't. D: The wang cars reward should also include at least one GT-A1.

Gustavob
  • Gustavob

Martian

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

You can kill many civilians -> no wanted level. You can beat and even kill a cop walking on a street if you approach him behind -> no wanted level.

Killing many civilians -> no wanted level = only with cheats. Killing 6 civilians in less than a minute = 1 wanted level. Now, beat a cop approaching him behind and stay there where the cop is. Youll be punched with no wanted. Do that over and over again and youll be busted with no wanted level. I posted a video of it here

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

LOL.
Favorited on Youtube.

BBBean
  • BBBean

Mad Islander

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Gustavob @ Jul 9 2010, 17:22)
[QUOTE]Now, beat a cop approaching him behind and stay there where the cop is. Youll be punched with no wanted. Do that over and over again and youll be busted with no wanted level. I posted a video of it here

Yep, I noticed this accidentally today. ph34r.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

I don't like two things in GTA 2.
Futuristic setting.
Stupid gangs (scientists? WTF?)

Beside that this game still can give you some fun especially during Frenzies and cop chases.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:27 PM Edited by Xegethra, 12 July 2010 - 05:38 PM.

the suprising lack of so called gta 2 players who cant find the safe houses is just.....use the damn tv vans, they tell you where the safehouse is

you want a map? go print one off....

as for a couple of people complaining aboput getting car jacked...its called a gameplay element, if there wewre no such things in a game to screw you over thered be no challenge at all...besides, its not hard to go steal another car

and i like the topdown view, you can see around you. its not a hard thing to get used to at all

the only thing i dont like about gta 2 is sometimes the zaibatzu phones in the second area, dont work. i go to them and they say i dont have enough respect, when clearly, i do...the bar is full for them....

BBBean
  • BBBean

Mad Islander

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

Oh, I forgot to say the most annoying thing: BUGS. There are way too many bugs in this great game. The developers should have fixed them better.

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

The aiming. Trying to line up shots on cops at 4+ stars and they run faster than your top speed, you'll get busted so fast.

BBBean
  • BBBean

Mad Islander

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

The wang car bonus rewards seem to disappear permanently when you save the game. Things like this really suck. WHY couldn't they implement the saving thing properly? D:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users