Photo

What do you hate of GTA 2?

67 replies to this topic
chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

GTA 2 is a great game, but it has some bad points and we are going to discuss them.
In my opinion, the worst thing is that it's obvious Rockstar didn't play the game after finishing it to check its difficulty.
Come on, some of the frenzies in the Residential District are just impossible. I think you all know what I am talking about.
Besides, the actual difficult of the missions is completely different from the teoric difficulty. I mean, the missions are assigned to concrete phones based on their difficulty, but I don't think the Rockstar guys played them to see if the difficulty was just as they had thought.
-Radio Za-Za (Loony green phone): OK, this mission is not that hard, but think about this. It's a green mission on the first district. It will probably be one of the first missions you try, if not the first one. You have just started playing GTA 2 for the first time, you haven't adapted yourself to the driving and shooting in GTA 2, you don't know the layout, and during the first mission you start the whole city starts rioting and everyone wants to kill you. suicidal.gif If you have played GTA 2 several times that mission is easy, but it may be very difficult the first time.
-Stop the tank (Yakuza red phone): that mission is not that hard if you know what you're doing. I always use a flamethrower to kill the soldiers and then a rocket launcher to destroy the tank. It's not easy enough for a green mission, but too much for a red mission.
-RC Taxi (Scientist red phone): that mission is very easy. I don't know where is the hard`part. The first one is timed but you have plenty of time. The second one isn't even timed.
-Flame it (Zaibatsu green phone): the first part is not hard, as long as you know where you can find a Cop Car and a Firetruck parked. If not, that part can be hard. The problem is that you must kill some guys which start attacking you with molotov cocktails after you've killed some of them, and they'll have 3 times more chances to hit you (=kill you) since the Firetruck is very large and takes a lot of time to turn.
-Power Station (Krishna red phone): come on, you only have to kill some Russian mobsters, and you even have some Krishnas to help you. Is it really that hard?
-Grand Theft Auto (Zaibatsu green phone): the hardest mission in the whole game, in my opinion. It's incredibly long, meaning if you fail it you'll have to spend a lot of time to reach the point where you failed it. The third car (I won't talk about the other cars, but they are not that easy9 is at Mad Island. You must do a lot of tricky jumps, failing one meaning instant death, while you are constantly being shot by the Islanders, most of them carrying machine guns. If you finally manage to get to the car, you'll have to do a jump to get back to the road, and if you're not careful you'll land on the top of another car, which means instant death. suicidal.gif

T DOT T
  • T DOT T

T.T

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

I couldn't be botherd to read your post bust isit true on gta 2 you cant come out your car?

'M_Ngija.
  • 'M_Ngija.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (T DOT T @ Nov 26 2008, 22:16)
I couldn't be botherd to read your post bust isit true on gta 2 you cant come out your car?

Rofl man.You can come out of the car, its not like you start in a locked car or something.Gosh..

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:15 AM

GTA2 wasnt really hard, its just games these days have been dumbed down so any tard can beat them. Play some old snes games and youll see what I mean, theyre hard as f*ck.

Ghost glendale fan 4 live
  • Ghost glendale fan 4 live

Libby-Ketchup city!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

There's nothing bad about this game, and NEVER!!!! will,

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:15 AM

I don't see anything bad in GTA2. confused.gif

Lantyz
  • Lantyz

S · Q · R · L

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

I sometimes get the idea GTA2 wasn't developed to its full potential. There are a lot of unused features to be found in the scripting manual, like miniature cars, changing daylight, doors like in GTA1 and more.
Also, where are the Foo Cars in Industrial? There's a Foo Car lot similar to the Wang Car lot, but it's unused.

Multiplayer could use some more polishing, too.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

It needs an in-game map, or at least an arrow pointing to the church.

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'd love a garage <3

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ Nov 27 2008, 15:32)
It needs an in-game map, or at least an arrow pointing to the church.

Well, at least they added the TV Van feature.

I want to say that I love GTA 2, I think it's a great game. I just say it's not perfect (Is there a perfect game? confused.gif ). I would never say it's a bad game.

Besides, I don't say it's too difficult. Just saying that some missions are not correctly labeled according to their difficulty.

penguin2254
  • penguin2254

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

the fact that its 2d, theres no map, and that there's no pc cheat for no cops

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (penguin2254 @ Nov 28 2008, 15:27)

This game would suck in 3D I think tounge.gif . 2D FTW! smile.gif . (I was hoping for a 2D GTA for the DS but now it turns out to be 3D I don't know if i should buy it anymore, 2D is just so great)

TommySprat
  • TommySprat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

There are 3 things i hate about GTA2:
1)The green shirt car thief angry.gif DIE!!!!
2)When a traffic car knocks me on the ground and then get run over by a car
3)The collision handling in GTA2, you can get stuck on corners in many ways, your car can stop moving in an instant just by touching a wall

Reprography
  • Reprography

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

Hmm. I haven't played the game in five years, but I would say thanks to the top-down 2D view it was very confusing and the cop cars look really weird.

gta player06
  • gta player06

Respect is everything

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

GTA2 for PC has some hard missions however PSone version of the game seems to be easier for me. For example in some PSone missions you need to kill less gangsters than in PC version.

Also if you think that main missions are that hard, you should try to collect all GTA2 coins. Some of them seem to be inpossible to get suicidal.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:27 PM Edited by chapapote, 22 December 2008 - 04:32 PM.

QUOTE (gta player06 @ Dec 22 2008, 13:54)
GTA2 for PC has some hard missions however PSone  version of the game seems to be easier for me. For example in some PSone missions you need to kill less gangsters than in PC version.

Yeah, that's because there are always less people spawning. The number of victims must be proportional to the number of spawning people.

QUOTE (gta player06 @ Dec 22 2008, 13:54)
Also if you think that main missions are that hard, you should try to collect all GTA2 coins. Some of them seem to be inpossible to get  suicidal.gif

Token 19 in Residential District doesn't seem impossible to get. It IS impossible to get.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:06 PM Edited by Molotok, 22 December 2008 - 11:56 PM.

Token 19 in Residential District doesn't seem impossible to get. It IS impossible to get.

It is possible to get it, but u must die to get it. U just find the right distance, throw a Molotov Cocktail in the air and try to get in front of it. Then u fly because of the explosion...and if u lucky u hit that token. I dont know if u meant that one on the roof.
But it doesnt matter at all if u die, because at the beginning of the level where the church is u can easily get an extra life! turn.gif

I probably will do it on my GTA2 mission video walkthrough i just started and add it to a mission as extra xD when im done with residential district missions! colgate.gif

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Molotok @ Dec 22 2008, 22:06)

It is possible to get it, but u must die to get it. U just find the right distance, throw a Molotov Cocktail in the air and try to get in front of it. Then u fly because of the explosion...and if u lucky u hit that token. I dont know if u meant that one on the roof.
But it doesnt matter at all if u die, because at the beginning of the level where the church is u can easily get an extra life! turn.gif

I probably will do it on my GTA2 mission video walkthrough i just started and add it to a mission as extra xD when im done with residential district missions! colgate.gif

cool! I think im also gonna record gta2 after i complete SA, whats your youtube channel? mine is youtube.com/allofgta

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (markiij @ Dec 23 2008, 18:13)
QUOTE (Molotok @ Dec 22 2008, 22:06)

cool! I think im also gonna record gta2 after i complete SA, whats your youtube channel? mine is youtube.com/allofgta

I've suscribed to his channel.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

This site has good videos of most GTAs
http://www.gtamissions.com/

markiij
  • markiij

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

I know but Im making mission videos myself;). Also, he doesnt have any gta2 token videos:P.

Sweet_Jonhson
  • Sweet_Jonhson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

the most that I hate is that there are no in-game map, and when you want to turn the game of you canīt because you donīt know where the church is or you donīt have money to save.

But I still like it wink.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

Now I'm playing GTA 2 again, another thing I don't like is that gang radio stations are heard badly if you are too far from the gang's territory. It's a bit annoying.

crashsilumator234
  • crashsilumator234

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:26 PM

i dont play Top down GTAs, they suck tounge2.gif , i understand they were what developed todays GTAs but they shouldnt have ported it to GBC, thats why Top Down sucks, because of GTA 2 on GBC

respect my opinion

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (crashsilumator234 @ Jun 16 2009, 22:26)
i dont play Top down GTAs, they suck tounge2.gif , i understand they were what developed todays GTAs but they shouldnt have ported it to GBC, thats why Top Down sucks, because of GTA 2 on GBC

respect my opinion

So all of the top down GTA's suck because of a small, insignificant port to the gameboy colour? bored.gif

In all respect, you could just ignore the gameboy colour port.

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

Trying to drive trucks with trailers, but the other cars can't "see" the trailer and ram into it endlessley until it explodes!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (oipolloi @ Jul 2 2009, 16:42)
Trying to drive trucks with trailers, but the other cars can't "see" the trailer and ram into it endlessley until it explodes!

Haha, this is so true and very annoying. Especially when you're transporting a car for a mission -.-

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

Haha again.
You try this s*it with cops chasing you and on mission.
Truck just blows up.

But i don't hate this, it's pure fun like rest of the GTA2.
Green car thief stoles a car? Damn, it's funny, many people hate when it does it but im not.

I just blow up his car and it's even more fun.

molotovgrenade
  • molotovgrenade

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:24 PM

Missions are often not the same difficulty level as they should be, examples:

1) Tank's Giving (Redneck Yellow Mission) - WTF? This is a yellow mission? It's almost the same as Zaibatsu Army Base Alert but that's Red in the last district.

2) Benson Burner (Redneck Yellow Mission) - again, but this time it's too easy to be a yellow mission.

3) Double Cross Crush is a green mission of Rednecks in the second district, but Gang War of Zaibatsu is a yellow mission in the third district - WTF? They are both the same thing.

What's more, the missions are very repetitive, examples:

1) Double Cross Crush and Gang War
2) Greatest Hits and Karma Assasins
3) Operation Z and Grand Theft Auto

Those missions are exactly the same, now for the missions that differ a little but still are almost the same thing:

1) Stop The Tank and Tanks A Lot
2) Double Cross Crush / Gang War and Gang War A Go Go
3) Swat Van Swipe and Law Enforcement Larceny and I'd Like A Tank Please Bob
4) Murder In The Mall and Vedic Massacre

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (penguin2254 @ Nov 28 2008, 16:27)

GTA 2 is in 3D (or 2.5D if you want to get technical), actually. The map is 3D but just viewed from above; though the characters, weapons and vehicles are all 2D. There is a map provided with the retail version of the game; and there is obviously a map in game because otherwise you'd have no where to drive around in. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users