Welcome to Gang Chat.
Please take a moment to completely read the forum guidelines before posting.
This section is designed for gang/clan discussion. If you are experiencing technical problems with GTA IV multiplayer, or wish to discuss your favourite game modes, then please use the GTAIV section instead. For questions specifically related to other multiplayer games, such as SA:MP or VC:MP, ask at their dedicated forums.
Update: For discussion about GTA Online, please use the GTA Online forum.
This section can be used for gang chat and for communication between gangs. To arrange matches, leagues and competitions, check out the Events forum. The multiplayer section will gradually expand as soon as there becomes a need for more forums.
Update: We've added a new Recruitment forum for gangs both on and off GTAForums to promote themselves.
Starting/Operating a gang.
- There is no specific format for gangs to follow. You are free to run your gang however you wish. Some gangs like to have fancy layouts with graphics, background information etc. This is not a requirement! However, we request you to post some essential details - such as the platforms you play on, gang rules, the games you play, a roster that consists of forum members only (their forum user-names and respective gamer ID need to be included), and application, the codes for which can be found here, simply copy and paste them into your topic. We do not allow members to create topics as place-holders. You must create a topic that meets the requirements upon being posted.
- We stress only on one thing for gangs that use this forum - you must operate from GTAForums. You may not simply leave an advertisement or a recruitment topic, directing people to your gang's forums, website, Gamertag, PSN ID or any external means of communication. Harsh? Maybe. We want gangs to grow on these boards, and mingle with other gangs and the community.
- Members that have been here for a while may remember something called "Public Gang Chat", a forum which existed between 2002 and 2007. This forum is NOT the new Public Gang Chat. The aims of this section are entirely different from Public Gang Chat. Therefore, we'd appreciate it if you don't go into other gang's topics telling them to write a background story, include graphics or tell them what turf they can and cannot claim (gangs are free to claim what they wish in their topic), etc.
Summary of changes (8/15/13):
- In light of GTA Online being announced, we've added a Recruitment forum for all crews/gangs to use, regardless of whether they operate on GTAForums or not.
- Only crews/gangs that operate on GTAForums can have threads in the Crews & Gangs forum. Threads for other crews/gangs will be removed.
- If you have any problems, please contact the area moderator(s), or report the offensive post.
- The moderating team does not mind if you socialize in your chat topics, but spam will not be tolerated. Remember; this is a forum, not a chatroom. Expect the same treatment for any pointless insults or downright flaming. All GTAForums Rules and Policies are effective here.
- Posting a link to your gang's forums/website is alright, but do not overdo it. The sole purpose of your topic must not be to advertise, your gang must reside on these boards. Any advertisements will be dealt with harshly, as it is with the rest of GTAForums.
- Should any disputes arise, either between gangs, or members, a moderator will intervene if things go out of control. Do not expect a moderator to step in every time you have a petty issue.
- Respect others' freedom of choice and opinion. Please don't barge into other gang topics and tell them how to run things.
- Plagiarising layouts, graphics, codes, content and formats created by others is not condoned in any way, shape or form. Using the content of others without their consent is also prohibited.
- We do not allow any mention or form of extortion, even if it's not a requirement when applying for your gang. If your gang collects currency (real or virtual) in any manner, your topic will be locked for extortion.
That said, we hope you enjoy your time in the gangs forum and the multiplayer section. Our goal is to foster a self-sufficient multiplayer community, which your continued participation is instrumental in shaping. There are not many rules set in stone, which offers you maximum flexibility while running your gangs or events. Just follow the general guidelines and common sense at all times. Contact the area moderators if you have any questions.
5/14/13-Updated rule regarding the inclusion of forum names as a requirement for a gang roster to include gamer IDs.
7/7/13-Updated rule regarding members being apart of multiple active gangs.
7/17/13-Included link to roster and application codes.
8/15/13 - Made amendments in light of GTA Online announcement + new Recruitment forum.
Edited by Toke, 15 August 2013 - 10:34 PM.