can i increase traffic in GTA San ANdreas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic
luiscute13
  • luiscute13

LoUiEGiE_GanGstAh

• Members

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

what Data file can i edit or mod that i can download to make my GTA game more realistic by making the world full of cars (traffic)

Thank You!

Jabhacksoul
  • Jabhacksoul

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:07 AM

The code that controls the traffic density is:

CODE
01EB: set_traffic_density_multiplier_to 1.0

However setting this number higher than 1.0 seems to have little to no effect. If you go to the busiest intersection and pop tires on vehicles so they can't move. Traffic will stop showing up. This is because the generator stops generating cars. The PC memory and graphics has limits. I accidentally started a clone army on one of my missions and shortly after that the game crashed. Unless someone else has a rabbit in their hat the only way to increase or decrease traffic is the code above.

JAB

zyonig
  • zyonig

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:28 AM Edited by zyonig, 24 November 2008 - 09:31 AM.

Open your popcycle.dat with notepad

Default location is \Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\

Traffic intensity can be changed for all map areas at all times of the day. Make your alteration in column 2 underneath #cars. This value represents the maximum amount of spawning vehicles at one time. Higher values = more vehicles, I have high daytime settings for cities and very low settings for desert/countryside at night.
You can change all your ped appearing settings here also. The format is quite self-explanatory but ask if you need some more help.

Ekki17
  • Ekki17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

Would you share your files for that traffic settings with us zyoing?
That will be great and could be easier for some of us smile.gif

zyonig
  • zyonig

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:28 PM Edited by zyonig, 03 June 2009 - 03:12 PM.

No problem. The settings are busy traffic in the morning and around 5pm. A lot quieter at nights especially in the desert and countryside, between midnight and 6 am you will hardly see any cars. I have changed a lot of the ped settings too for more during the day and less at night especially in gang territories. Also cops hardly ever walk around by themselves anymore. I find it to be a bit more realistic.

Heres a link to the file I just uploaded to filefront. Hope it works for you.

REMOVED LINK

Just drop it into your GTA San Andreas\data\ folder. Remember to make a backup of the original smile.gif

Update:
This wasn't really intended to be a serious mod, however 500 downloads in the past 4 months convinced me that there was enough interest to make an official release. Heres the link to the new file at GTAgarage.........

NEW DOWNLOAD!
  • Gian_Yagami likes this

gamershelll
  • gamershelll

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (zyonig @ Nov 28 2008, 00:28)
No problem. The settings are busy traffic in the morning and around 5pm. A lot quieter at nights especially in the desert and countryside, between midnight and 6 am you will hardly see any cars. I have changed a lot of the ped settings too for more during the day and less at night especially in gang territories. Also cops hardly ever walk around by themselves anymore. I find it to be a bit more realistic.

Heres a link to the file I just uploaded to filefront. Hope it works for you.

Popcycle.dat

Just drop it into your GTA San Andreas\data\ folder. Remember to make a backup of the original smile.gif

great job smile.gif i installed this mod to GTA liberty city sa engine, 100% works!!!!!
thanks man smile.gif

Schallerboy20
  • Schallerboy20

LCPD Officer.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

Lol, sorry to bump, but could someone edit that popcycle so the traffic and peds are really dense all the time everywhere?

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

Please re-read ALL the replies, it was explained how to do that in one of the first replies.

GTAIVman
  • GTAIVman

Realistic Steak Fan

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:48 AM

how do you edit the popcycle file in notepad because it won't let me save over the original popcycle file. plz help! notify.gif

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (GTAIVman @ Apr 16 2009, 02:48)
how do you edit the popcycle file in notepad because it won't let me save over the original popcycle file. plz help! notify.gif

this should possible, do you have vista?
remove the file protection, also you can save it as txt and then rename it manual

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

As ZAZ said, the file is protected by vista. Vista's very protective sometimes... and sometimes a bit too much.

Right click the original popcycle.dat, click properties and untick the box that says "Read Only. Now click apply and you can save over it

GTAIVman
  • GTAIVman

Realistic Steak Fan

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (james227uk @ Apr 16 2009, 10:38)
As ZAZ said, the file is protected by vista. Vista's very protective sometimes... and sometimes a bit too much.

Right click the original popcycle.dat, click properties and untick the box that says "Read Only. Now click apply and you can save over it

sorry guys its not working confused.gif . the file is NOT set to read only and still wont let me save. it says that to make sure that the file path or the file name are correct. plz help! again. maybe do i have to download that filelist.pak file. if that is it, can someone give me a link for it.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (GTAIVman @ Apr 16 2009, 21:39)
maybe do i have to download that filelist.pak file. if that is it, can someone give me a link for it.

That's only needed for IV, but wouldn't fix not being able to save. Are you using Vista, or a non-administrator account?

GTAIVman
  • GTAIVman

Realistic Steak Fan

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Apr 16 2009, 19:51)
QUOTE (GTAIVman @ Apr 16 2009, 21:39)
maybe do i have to download that filelist.pak file. if that is it, can someone give me a link for it.

That's only needed for IV, but wouldn't fix not being able to save. Are you using Vista, or a non-administrator account?

yes i am using vista on a administrator account. it still doesn't work. does this only work 4 san Andreas version 1 or both.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (GTAIVman @ Apr 16 2009, 22:09)
yes i am using vista on a administrator account. it still doesn't work. does this only work 4 san Andreas version 1 or both.

To do that on Vista with the game in the standard Program Files directory with UAC on, you'll probably need to run Notepad as administrator, and open the file using file -> open. popcycle.dat is not checked by the SAv2 EXE file, so should work with v2 too.

GTAIVman
  • GTAIVman

Realistic Steak Fan

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Apr 16 2009, 20:16)
QUOTE (GTAIVman @ Apr 16 2009, 22:09)

To do that on Vista with the game in the standard Program Files directory with UAC on, you'll probably need to run Notepad as administrator, and open the file using file -> open. popcycle.dat is not checked by the SAv2 EXE file, so should work with v2 too.

Thanks man ALOT!

The Notorious D.A.N
  • The Notorious D.A.N

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:12 AM Edited by The Notorious D.A.N, 19 April 2009 - 12:14 AM.

Use SA Limit Adjuster to increase the number of vehicles/peds that the game can load at the same time. These files that you are modifing (popcycle.dat etc) won't change sh*t if you don't modify these SA's Limit first.

sottypong
  • sottypong

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

that didn't work either, sa limit doesn't change a thing, i think he meant he want a mod that have much much more cars like this: user posted image Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

sottypong
  • sottypong

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

bump

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for the bump, your contributions are very helpful.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (sottypong @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 07:35)
that didn't work either, sa limit doesn't change a thing, i think he meant he want a mod that have much much more cars like

Read the topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users