Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

user posted image

Build an Adventure of Mechanical Mayhem

QUOTE (Game Description)
Banjo and Kazooie are facing their greatest adventure yet, battling long-time nemesis Gruntilda for rightful ownership of Spiral Mountain. Use your wits and imagination to invent wild and wonderful contraptions so Banjo and Kazooie can crush this wicked witch. Rule the road, the sky and water in the land of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts!

Anyone else picked this up yet? I got it last night and have had a blast so far. I had my doubts before getting it but they were soon washed away when I started creating vehicles. The editor is very powerful and you can make all sorts of vehicles.

So yeah, if anyone else has it, your opinions?

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

I heard this one would really turn off players of the original Banjo. I was a huge fan of the original one on the 64. This one seems to be more of a puzzle style game rather than a platform.

If I had a 360, I'd still give this a shot just because It's Banjo Kazooie.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

After hearing the buzzes and raving about the old Banjo games i gave the new game a blast via the demo and to be honest i thought it was pretty sh*tty, i could not get into it at all, and driving that stupid vehicle around was a pain in the arse.

I was thinking about getting the game but after the playing the demo i gave it a miss.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:09 AM

Well it looks like a lot of fun from that video, I've never played a Banjo Kazooie game and have no idea about this latest game so I am looking at it with fresh virgin eyes essentially. I gather its more about obtaining parts to create vehicles to do quests and goals etc. rather then the old platforming action adventure. I might give it a rent, there's just something about these colourful and crazy games that I like as a break from the gritty and violent ones.

SmellyJelly
  • SmellyJelly

Hoodies

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (beavis @ Nov 22 2008, 17:54)
I heard this one would really turn off players of the original Banjo. I was a huge fan of the original one on the 64. This one seems to be more of a puzzle style game rather than a platform.

If I had a 360, I'd still give this a shot just because It's Banjo Kazooie.

Yeah, I read that this is just like a totally different game, except it has Banjo-Kazooie characters. Still... If it's ported to the PC I'd probably buy it.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Nov 23 2008, 09:09)
Well it looks like a lot of fun from that video, I've never played a Banjo Kazooie game and have no idea about this latest game so I am looking at it with fresh virgin eyes essentially. I gather its more about obtaining parts to create vehicles to do quests and goals etc. rather then the old platforming action adventure. I might give it a rent, there's just something about these colourful and crazy games that I like as a break from the gritty and violent ones.

Well yeah, it's alot about creating vehicles to use in various challenges throughout the worlds. The main thing I like about it is if you actually think about the challenge, and tailor a vehicle for that specific challenge, you can pass it in mere seconds.

This is one of those games where you get out of it what you put in. If you're prepared to spend a lot of time making/fixing/editing vehicles, this game will be a blast, if you are incredibnly impatient, give this a miss.

Speaking of which, the original Banjo-Kazoioie comes out on XBLA for 1200 Points in a few days if I remember correctly, so if you haven't played it yet, I reccomend at least downloading the Trial.

Carnage1120
  • Carnage1120

Misanthropic Wiseguy

• Members

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Fast forward to 2009, the game has great reviews, its awesome and fun as hell.
The things you will find online are amazing, it could be a race with the mach 5 and a warthog from halo or a blocky F16 vs A flying giant enemy crab replica.

One of the best games this generation

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:54 PM

Whoa that video was sick! I'm surprised it's not released for Nintendo Wii. I wonder why. Loved the Mario sculpture at 1:47. Pretty cool.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Aug 11 2009, 07:54)
Whoa that video was sick! I'm surprised it's not released for Nintendo Wii. I wonder why. Loved the Mario sculpture at 1:47. Pretty cool.

Probably because Microsoft bought Rare, the developers of this game? tounge.gif

Sadly I haven't played this in a while, I'll have to pop it back in my 360 sometime.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Aug 11 2009, 00:30)
QUOTE (MC_320 @ Aug 11 2009, 07:54)

Probably because Microsoft bought Rare, the developers of this game? tounge.gif

It's a real shame they did; Rare are a great company and were bringing out some of the best games for Ninty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users