PC Gamer Uk - Reviews GTA IV

73 replies to this topic
texan1985
  • texan1985

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:20 AM

ewww that sounds awful.....

Latest graphics card drivers later, and it's running as smooth as a very smooth thing.

So its ok now? I didnt get this last sentence.

TwwIX
  • TwwIX

MTA Veteran

• Members

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

As always,wait for several reliable reviews before you purchase anything. I can only hope that Rockstar doesn't deliver us a sloppy PC version like so many developers do these days. I only wish more PC gaming developers had the integrity and dedication like companies such as Valve.
We'll find out very soon.

daxlax
  • daxlax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:15 AM

I'm really hating the fact I HAVE to create a live account to play the game. I don't hardly play games online, I have no interest in it yet there going to grab me by the balls anyway. I don't want to support Microsoft's Live system, in the PC gaming world there is no need for such a closed dictated to system. I don't believe them when they say that Live is "free" to use, this is only till they brainwash enough lemmings to use it. I bet Microsoft threw a bunch of money at Rockstar and others to get this "exclusive approval" for Windows live - they'll be looking to recoop that cash at one point.

As for the reviewer's problems a whole bunch of games have issues running in 64-bit mode (just take heed all those that are running it). I'm really worried about all these game ending bugs though in such a short period of game time. I think my hype excitement level is slowly draining, by the sound of it I guess it's for the best.

Oh and to those that hope Rockstar will release a patch on the PC if there is bugs? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

TwwIX
  • TwwIX

MTA Veteran

• Members

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (daxlax @ Nov 23 2008, 07:15)
I'm really hating the fact I HAVE to create a live account to play the game. I don't hardly play games online, I have no interest in it yet there going to grab me by the balls anyway. I don't want to support Microsoft's Live system, in the PC gaming world there is no need for such a closed dictated to system. I don't believe them when they say that Live is "free" to use, this is only till they brainwash enough lemmings to use it. I bet Microsoft threw a bunch of money at Rockstar and others to get this "exclusive approval" for Windows live - they'll be looking to recoop that cash at one point.

As for the reviewer's problems a whole bunch of games have issues running in 64-bit mode (just take heed all those that are running it). I'm really worried about all these game ending bugs though in such a short period of game time. I think my hype excitement level is slowly draining, by the sound of it I guess it's for the best.

Oh and to those that hope Rockstar will release a patch on the PC if there is bugs? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Just create an offline profile if you want to play the game. Windows Live is free, regardless what your paranoid mind may think.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

dual core amd 1.8 sempron
and a readeon 8800 agp with 64mb memor
and 750 sdram

Think that's the machine he was using ?

Avean
  • Avean

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:40 PM

Windows Live scares me, it was a total failure for Kane and Lynch. Even to this date it doesnt work. And how the hell are we supposed to build communities and clans around this system ? What about clan servers ?
They better give us dedicated servers.

Malik
  • Malik

IV

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

OMFG log in to both???

R* you can keep your crappy game icon14.gif

noid449
  • noid449

Englishman in The United States

• Members

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:50 PM

does that mean ya not buying it .... hmm as much as they screw with it i dont think i wouldnt buy it ..id prob just moan alot more afterwards thats ALL

fuckin playa
  • fuckin playa

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

1 Week to wait for GTA IV.YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Failure
  • Failure

Stay solid, man; you're a good lad.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

No way am I playing this online...

duffman12
  • duffman12

God

• Members

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:21 PM Edited by duffman12, 26 November 2008 - 06:15 PM.

if anyone wants scans, pm me ive just bought the mag and scanned in the 6 page review icon14.gif

Is it allowed to post a link to the scans? Or a link to a forum with a link to the scans?

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:06 PM Edited by Dhatz, 28 November 2008 - 12:10 PM.

"with dualcore and 8800 card" what a ingenious description.
hope it's got better quadcore support than stylkerCS. and also my 8800GT oc shouldn't have trouble with it(the author could have slower 8800gts).
@duffman12: 4 sure. move the uploading.

duffman12
  • duffman12

God

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Dhatz @ Nov 28 2008, 12:06)
"with dualcore and 8800 card" what a ingenious description.
hope it's got better quadcore support than stylkerCS. and also my 8800GT oc shouldn't have trouble with it(the author could have slower 8800gts).
@duffman12: 4 sure. move the uploading.

what you mean, "move the uploading"? dont want to get banned for posting a link to it

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

It seems like R* are pulling out all the stops and more to stop the pirates, good play !

Surely logging in to 2 different things isn't that hard for paying customers, I'm sure it will be as easy as pie lol

Personally I can't rate these reviews untill it's the finished release they have tested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users