Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAIV Episodic Pack 1 Info

326 replies to this topic

Poll: Does this sound good as an episodic content pack? (521 member(s) have cast votes)

Does this sound good as an episodic content pack?

1. Yes! (247 votes [51.24%])

Percentage of vote: 51.24%

2. No. (47 votes [9.75%])

Percentage of vote: 9.75%

3. I have a PS3/PC and don't care. (56 votes [11.62%])

Percentage of vote: 11.62%

4. I have a PS3/PC and want the pack! (132 votes [27.39%])

Percentage of vote: 27.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MahoganyJoint
  • MahoganyJoint

Oh man, i shot Marvin in the face

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:38 PM Edited by MahoganyJoint, 20 November 2008 - 09:40 PM.

QUOTE (Tyedyeskyguy @ Nov 20 2008, 22:37)
It only says new missions, which is cool, but what about weapons, cars, new places?

And, if they are waiting this long to release the xbox dlc, by the time it gets to ps3 I most likely won't bother with it.

read gamespot

new vehicles

new weapons

new multiplayer modes

gamespot

JamalG
  • JamalG

King Jamal

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

why the f*ck ps3 is left out? angry.gif sh*t aint fair... confused.gif

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (JamalG @ Nov 20 2008, 16:40)

Because Sony didn't pay for the packs to be developed.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

This seems interesting. Hopefully it'll be good (so far, at least to me, it sounds pretty good, things like new music, characters, etc.). But, are we still going to be able to play as Niko, or is it going to be Johnny for good after downloading? That's the thing that gets me. I enjoyed playing as Niko, and it would seem a bit weird not playing as him for the rest of the game (or hearing or seeing his friends). Unless they make a "character select" after the opening. Hopefully, they'll do that, instead of making Niko unplayable. And if he is unplayable, I certainly hope that he isn't killed sometime during the DLC story.

I'm not trying to be a fanboy here, but Microsoft didn't pay Rockstar $50 million for nothing.

MahoganyJoint
  • MahoganyJoint

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

thers also a new soundtrack

Anton79
  • Anton79

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (JamalG @ Nov 20 2008, 21:40)

This is business welcome to the new console world. Companies either pay up for content or watch your competitor step in and do it.

Sony didn't think about DLC MS so they get the spoils of this battle.

bK dUB77
  • bK dUB77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

Hey people. I'm new here. Been reading the forums for a while now, but finally decided to register after news of the DLC dropped.

I'm excited, as many are, and have already been thinking about what all they are going to put in the game. When thinking about that, I've was thinking that there would have to be some big things. Things that would cause a delay in the release of the DLC from it's original, hopeful August date to Feb. of next year. Scripting in more missions, adding more weapons, vehicles, music, and MP options couldn't have taken this long by themselves, so what else could they have up their sleeves?

Well, after seeing some of the new screenshots, I think they are going to have biker gangs. Kind of like GTA:SA, these game members will follow you on the sidewalks. They will ride with you on the street. And they will fight with you against the other biker gangs possibly. Imagine riding with your gang to some bar for a mission to fight a rival gang. You could all enter the bar and start fighting, then it spills out into the streets and goes from there. There could also be times when not in a mission that you are with your gang and if you stumble across your rivals, you just start fighting like what the Cubans and Haitians would do in Vice City. I think that would add a whole new dynamic to the gameplay.

Also, it's mentioned that Niko will have a minor role in the DLC. Maybe that minor role will be the link to switching between the two characters. So, if you want to stop with Johnny's story, you phone Niko and then take over playing as him (starting from his safehouse or something), and vice versa. Since the phone is how you can get online and do many other things in the game, I could see it as the way to play as Johnny as well.

As for any new areas, well I hope they add more interior spaces. Also, since Alderney is considered a land mass and not an island like the rest of Liberty City, they could add more to it. Make Alderney bigger in some way. Who knows.

Well, anyways, those are my thoughts. It'll be great to learn more about the DLC and what all it will encompass. Until then, happy speculating. xmas.gif

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

I wondered if Johnny might kill Niko, seeing as Niko probably hates his guts after the ambush. But I just can't see that happening. They're both unstoppable people really.

k1224
  • k1224

The Irish Boss

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

Cool biggrin.gif Cant wait biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Updog
  • Updog

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

Check that DLC content video out.

It went posted earlier.. I guess no one else noticed...

inlove.gif Oh Johnny... inlove.gif

MahoganyJoint
  • MahoganyJoint

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Updog @ Nov 20 2008, 23:50)

Check that DLC content video out.

It went posted earlier..  I guess no one else noticed...

inlove.gif   Oh Johnny...  inlove.gif

wtf is that sh*t

gayest crap i have ever seen

Dual Weilder
  • Dual Weilder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

This better be coming out for pc!

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:27 PM Edited by gamesguru, 20 November 2008 - 11:41 PM.

http://grandtheftaut...Lost-and-Damned

Isn't that a new bike (second to the left)? Seems like it to me. I checked the Wiki, for all the bikes, and the closet one to it is the Zombie, and that has two front lights.

And in another 3 shots, (including this one) they seem to have a different back and rims than ones I have seen; another new bike? Yeah I'm pretty sure the second bike is a new bike (for the Biker Gang?). Check out the detail on the shock absorbers! Image

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

Well I'd assume new bikes would be part and parcel of giving us a story revolving around a biker gang, this sounds more interesting now.

Those worrying about losing the ability to play as Niko, don't be silly of course Rockstar will give you the option. Whether its adding a menu or just some option under the start menu, heck it could even be something where you have to have the game installed to your hard drive and you select the Lost and Damned chapter at the dashboard. That actually sounds like a good idea and possibly something that will happen. MS did pay for this content remember!

MahoganyJoint
  • MahoganyJoint

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Nov 21 2008, 01:17)
Well I'd assume new bikes would be part and parcel of giving us a story revolving around a biker gang, this sounds more interesting now.

Those worrying about losing the ability to play as Niko, don't be silly of course Rockstar will give you the option. Whether its adding a menu or just some option under the start menu, heck it could even be something where you have to have the game installed to your hard drive and you select the Lost and Damned chapter at the dashboard. That actually sounds like a good idea and possibly something that will happen. MS did pay for this content remember!

i wonder if the new weapons and cars ect will be in the original of gtaIV

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (JamalG @ Nov 21 2008, 00:40)
why the f*ck ps3 is left out?  angry.gif sh*t aint fair...  confused.gif

Look who's talking. Oh YYEAAAH it was really nice to wait a goddamn year after your little Sony had its knob rubbed by Take 2's timed exclusivity. Yeah? Yeah? You keep forgetting that? And I'm still waiting for the "every game out there should be made for the PS3 bcuz PS3 is like more powerful then [sic] even the most powirful supercomputer or sumtin" idiocy.

Anyway.. different than I expected, but I can't say that I expected much tounge2.gif I mean, in terms of what I thought.. I had no idea what it could've been, but this sounds pretty cool. I hope we'll see character crossovers and whatnot.. and perhaps see Niko!

EDIT: I just remembered that this is HALF the DLC.

MahoganyJoint
  • MahoganyJoint

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

it might come out for PC later, but it wont come for PS3 any time soon

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (MahoganyJoint @ Nov 20 2008, 19:33)
it might come out for PC later, but it wont come for PS3 any time soon

A PC version of the DLC does sound very likely since the game uses Microsoft's Games for Windows Live which is getting a marketplace app in a month or so. Though PC owners will most likely have to wait till really late 2009 to get the DLC.

artie
  • artie

GTAer since the original.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:40 AM

I wonder if they added things such as ability to fly planes, parachutes, fun weapons like minigun, flamethrower, some car customizing, tanks, more helicopters....................ehhh probably not, why add stuff like that dozingoff.gif

MahoganyJoint
  • MahoganyJoint

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (artie @ Nov 21 2008, 01:40)
I wonder if they added things such as ability to fly planes, parachutes, fun weapons like minigun, flamethrower, some car customizing, tanks, more helicopters....................ehhh probably not, why add stuff like that dozingoff.gif

highly unlikely, apart from new heli's

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:55 AM

lol Home is costing a lot more than 50,000 mate.

Yeah I know and if you actually knew how to read you'd know I was talking about the inevitably-lame "Home" content that was suggested when Sony first started talking about exclusive DLC.

I don't know how much money Sony is dumping into Home. It's not going to do them any good in any case. The PS3 is not a sinking ship, it's sunk. Sony has lost the console ware this generation. The point is, once they have the full thing up and running the stuff they sell within the "Home" system is going to be practically free in regards to development. Someone's job is making things like Xbox 360 themes and gamer pics and I'm sure those people make a lot more than I do but in the big picture that's like a negligible expense compared to a $50 million DLC deal. Somebody will get paid something comparable for designing some lame GTA-branded "Home" decor but the fact of the matter is this: it's not what the PS3 fans are wanting. You have quotes from Sony suggesting their DLC is "Home" related and you know what? Their "Home" content is exclusive because "Home" itself is exclusive. As I said before, there will inevitably be comparable content for the 360. Hell, the 360 has themes that are exclusive. They aren't on the PS3 doesn't have Xbox 360 themes! OMG EXCLUSIVE CONTENT! I could work in Sony PR!

That's what Sony is doing. They've got nothing but they're being dishonest about what their "exclusive" content is. I'm sure somebody will dig up the quote where they talk about "Home" content but nobody will find anything that suggests any more because Sony knows better than to actually announce a lie. They can coast on all the wishful thinking of their consumers who have an inaccurate idea of what they have in store, it's not them posting on message boards speculating on something that's just not in the cards.

Then there's that recent quote where the Sony rep was talking about their exclusive DLC. He doesn't offer any details on what they have in store but he sure throws a pity party when he talks about Mean Ol' Microsoft made a deal that leaves them out in the cold. He talks about how it's bad for the industry. I bet Little Big Planet probably wouldn't be tanking so right now if it was available on the two systems people actually buy.

I don't know where the quotes are, I know the "Home" suggestion dates back to around when the game was initially released or slightly before, but the one where the Sony rep is quoted as being frustrated by the exclusivity is new. The point is, we've had official notice of the 360 DLC for YEARS. This is a deal that was made long before the game itself was released. We may be only hearing details today, we may be only hearing the name of the expansion today but Microsoft announced this long ago. We knew it was coming for years and what do we know Sony has in store?

Nothing.

MahoganyJoint
  • MahoganyJoint

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:59 AM

home is another secondary life

why not use the primary life you were given

you dont need to have two lives unless you dont have a normal life

Dries
  • Dries

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:24 AM Edited by Dries, 21 November 2008 - 01:28 AM.

Sorry for my rant, I used to be such a calm dude

I hate the concept of DLC with exclusivity for one console. First of all: I'm not an Xbox hater, I just always owned a playstation and I played gta for crazy since it came out on the ps2. What do I care on which console someone plays their games, it's just not 'cool' how so many dedicated fans get left out because of bussiness strategies... this is plain unacceptable. Xbox owners: don't you guys get pissed when youre hardware fails after a couple of months? I mean Xbox, Playstation or PC users... inherently we're all the same aren't we? I know I get madashell when my new (senheiser) headphones break down after 5 months. I hate how we get treated if we ask how its possible that our electronics fail on us a month after our warranty is gone? What the f*ck is the concept of buying an extended warranty period anyway? Can somebody explain? Can somebody explain why we didn't have to worry about warranty when we got our first nintendo (I'm still playing Duckhunt)

A game, and especially one like GTA should be like a great film or book it should not get side-tracked by corporate greed. For me this is getting a serious issue: look at how a lot of people suck on these corporate assholes with fanboy wars. f*ck, we should unite. I would gladly turn my PS of and march in to the streets with everybody who sees the light and burn some stuff down... No thats idiotic: there's nothing we can do... I could say that I feel mistreated by rockstar because I'm missing out and that I will boycot their future games but then I'd cut my own finger because I love their releases. Although the name 'rockstar' seems less and less applicable. There are no more rockstars, everybody who claims to be one takes is up the ass for money. Making money is necesary for bussinesses but its getting grotesk and we're all so hooked on their sweet products that we act like little whores...
I dont like where this new millenium is taking us... and I wish I could play the DLC in february because IT IS MY RIGHT!

U could say buy an Xbox but the point is I shouldn't have to...

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:29 AM Edited by Magic_Al, 21 November 2008 - 01:34 AM.

I'm happy. I expected a Stories kind of thing and that's what this looks like, except apparently the setting is simultaneous to Niko's story, that's how I read the information.

The most likely way the expansion will work is that TLAD will look like a separate game on the dashboard. The original GTA IV will continue to be the Niko story and original multiplayer, while TLAD will be only the Johnny story and expanded multiplayer. Both will require the GTA IV disc. If you launch TLAD you get the new story and multiplayer modes, but you will not be able to access the Niko storyline or your old saves. If you launch the original GTA IV game you have the old game, and maybe you get add-ons such as vehicles and music from TLAD in Niko's world, or maybe not. Most likely, Niko and Johnny will have different safe houses and parking spaces that don't work in each other's games. Original multiplayer and TLAD multiplayer are segregated by which game you start from the dashboard.

Just speculating, but I bet that's how it goes.

For those upset about the exclusivity, you might as well complain that Halo is exclusive. TLAD exists because Microsoft funded its development. If you want to play it you have to play it on Microsoft's console.

mrcappo
  • mrcappo

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

I want Niko not some bum ass biker

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

Anyone liked that whole diamond controversy? It involved:

Ray Bulgarin
Ray Boccino
Tony Prince
Luis Fernando Lopez
Niko Bellic
Johnny Klebbitz

I think that was it. Anyway, it first starts the mission "Taking In The Trash". Boccino's girlfriend Ashley Butler (LCPD database states that she's the "Old lady" of Billy Grey) tells him that the Bikers got the diamonds and put them in the trash bags. It could be possible that there's a mission in the DLC where Johnny has to steal the diamonds from either Bulgarin or Gay Tony. Boccino tells Niko to pick up the diamonds from those garbage bags alongside with 3 of Boccino's guys. After they pick up those diamonds, Niko asks if he's gonna bring the diamonds to Boccino but the guys said they'll bring it to him. Then the next mission happens.

In the next mission "Meltdown",Boccino gets pissed off and thinking either Niko or Joe " Tuna" DiLeo, Luca Silvestri and Johnny "Spaz" Barbosa basically Boccino's goons stole the diamonds. So it turns out that Boccino's goons took the diamonds. Niko goes after them and eventually gets the diamonds.

Here's the more interesting part. In the mission "Museum Piece"Boccino assigns Niko to meet with Johnny to sell the diamonds. Issac Roth and his friend bring the money to the deal. Once the diamonds and the money was about to be traded, Luis (seen in "Three Leaf Clover" mission) makes an ambush to the deal shooting his M4 to Issac's friend. Johnny runs off with the money. There might be a mission where Johnny has to run off with the money and go through the back door of the museum as Niko escaped using the side entrance. Then a gunfight happens. Luis was not seen in the gunfight but he appears in a later mission. However, Luis takes back the diamonds to Gay Tony.

This the excellent part rofl. In the mission "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend"Gracie Ancellotti was kidnapped for a ransom. Gerald McReary planned this out and Patrick McReary went along with Niko to the trade. Gay Tony and Luis are waiting at the deal to trade the diamonds for Gracie. Tony is a personal friend with Gracie. So Luis trades the diamonds then Niko and Patrick releases Gracie. Unfortunately Niko and Patrick didn't get the diamonds yet. Bulgarin shows up and he claims that the diamonds were originally his. He's saying that Tony and Luis (he called them "fa**ot" and "dominican bitch") stole the diamonds from him. He was also saying that Niko was stealing from him twice and a gunfight broke out as a Russian ambush was made. Luis, Tony and Gracie disappeared from the scene. One of the Russians got the diamonds and either way if he returns the diamonds to Bulgarin, he'll get killed anyway. So he threw the diamonds at the back of an oncoming truck and this made Patrick angry. (He looked badass in that mission lol) So eventually Niko and Patrick killed the Russians and explained to him about his story with Bulgarin while driving Patrick back home. In a news report, a homeless guy found the diamonds at a landfill site. He took the diamonds and said he's going to sell them. He also said once he gets the money, he's going to open a gun shop in Vice City.

For the next character of the DLC episode pack or a GTA sequel, I think that these guys would be good for a protagonist. Not much was told about them and they haven't been seen much either.

Willy Valerio (Leader of the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers. Associate of Luis)

Alonso Gomez (Part of the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers. Younger brother of Oscar and became involved in crime while his brother was in jail for dealing crack cocaine and another associate of Luis)

Oscar Gomez (Part of the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers. Older brother of Alonso and is concerned about Alonso's involvement in the criminal underworld and is also an associate of Luis)

Luis Fernando Lopez (personal body guard of Gay Tony and works as a doorman at Gay Tony's nightclubs. However, I'm not too sure of playing as this guy though. He was one of the hostages in "Three Leaf Clover" but he didn't fight. Although he did make an ambush at the first diamond deal in the"Museum Piece" mission.

I have a feeling that the following people will be involved in "The Lost & The Damned" DLC mission:

Leila Sharpe ("Old lady" of Johnny and is a known associate of the Lost Outlaw Motorcycle Gang)
Billy Grey (Head of the Lost OMG but is in custody so it was assumed that Johnny became head of the gang while Billy is locked up. But no one knows what will happen when Billy gets released)

For more information on these characters, you can check out the LCPD in game website.

www.libertycitypolice.com/database.html

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

I have a good feeling that R* will intertwine Johnny's story with Niko's. Wanna bet that some of your missions will cross paths with the ones you played as Niko? Same time line, maybe...

That said I also have a good feeling that they're building up to something bigger. Maybe the final DLC pack before the next official GTA game will be the climax of Niko, Johnny, and whoever else they add in DLC's stories - Niko finally getting Bulgarin, Johnny finally.. um.. well we'll see.

On the other hand... this is pretty much nothing more than Liberty City Stories for GTA IV.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:16 AM

NOTE: To all the pissed off PS3 owners.

You didn't get screwed. This DLC isn't something that was bidded on. Microsoft went to R* and said i'll pay you to make this. It's just like if I pay somebody to put a sound system in my car; You didn't get screwed, this is just something I did with my own money. My car may be better than yours now, but in no way can you blame me for doing as I please with my money. I can see if R* already made the DLC, then sold it to Microsoft, but who's to say this DLC would even exist if Microsoft didn't present this to R*. The original xbox never got Liberty City & Vice City stories, so what makes you think that Sony would get something another company paid $50 million for. I'm not a fanboy at all. In fact, if R* told me they could do way more if the next GTA was PS3 exclusive, I would support that 100%.(I'd just have to buy a PS3) I hope my words were helpful and not abuisve.

p.s. I can't wait for this DLC.(GTA fan 4 life) cool.gif

MahoganyJoint
  • MahoganyJoint

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Nov 21 2008, 03:16)
NOTE: To all the pissed off PS3 owners.

You didn't get screwed. This DLC isn't something that was bidded on. Microsoft went to R* and said i'll pay you to make this. It's just like if I pay somebody to put a sound system in my car; You didn't get screwed, this is just something I did with my own money. My car may be better than yours now, but in no way can you blame me for doing as I please with my money. I can see if R* already made the DLC, then sold it to Microsoft, but who's to say this DLC would even exist if Microsoft didn't present this to R*. The original xbox never got Liberty City & Vice City stories, so what makes you think that Sony would get something another company paid $50 million for. I'm not a fanboy at all. In fact, if R* told me they could do way more if the next GTA was PS3 exclusive, I would support that 100%.(I'd just have to buy a PS3) I hope my words were helpful and not abuisve.

p.s. I can't wait for this DLC.(GTA fan 4 life) cool.gif

paying for XBL has paid off

shiznit
  • shiznit

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:18 AM

OMG this sounds so hot. I need to know if this is coming out in the PS3 sometime in the future!!! OMG this is making me buy a 360 (And am low on money) "Come one now, Control your self!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users