Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAIV Episodic Pack 1 Info

326 replies to this topic

Poll: Does this sound good as an episodic content pack? (520 member(s) have cast votes)

Does this sound good as an episodic content pack?

1. Yes! (246 votes [51.14%])

Percentage of vote: 51.14%

2. No. (47 votes [9.77%])

Percentage of vote: 9.77%

3. I have a PS3/PC and don't care. (56 votes [11.64%])

Percentage of vote: 11.64%

4. I have a PS3/PC and want the pack! (132 votes [27.44%])

Percentage of vote: 27.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (ItWasntMe @ Nov 20 2008, 22:28)
GTA IV, which was released in April for the Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3, focused on former Eastern European soldier Niko Bellic and his escalating life of crime in the boroughs of Liberty City. This new episode, available Feb. 17 via download exclusively for those who own the Xbox 360 version (no price yet), stars Johnny Klebitz, a member of Liberty City biker gang The Lost.

Where was this? I am probably being a 'tard... But I can't find it say that...?

Can you see it now?

ItWasntMe
  • ItWasntMe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (1ManArmy @ Nov 20 2008, 10:30)
Sad, I have a ps3 so no dlc... Guess we'll just have to wait. I wonder what else will be in the dlc besides missions.... Oh yeah, when you download the dlc how do you become Johnny? How do you switch between Niko and Johnny? Sorry, this is my first time owning a ps3 game and I hever had a game with extra dlc except patches for cod4 on pc.

This isn't a patch so to speak, this is a full blown add-on by the sounds of it.

I imagine there will be a number of gameplay changes and new features, but how you switch between the chracters will be interesting.

I don't want a menu screen like SR2 when you first load up. I have always loved how the game just boots up straight into the game.

When you become Johnny, will that render Niko unobtainable...?

IMO PS3 will get this content if it is exclusive to 360 for now... I think all M$ got was time exclusivitiy, but then I'm an optimist!

1ManArmy
  • 1ManArmy

Pirate

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (ItWasntMe @ Nov 20 2008, 10:45)
QUOTE (1ManArmy @ Nov 20 2008, 10:30)
Sad, I have a ps3 so no dlc... Guess we'll just have to wait. I wonder what else will be in the dlc besides missions.... Oh yeah, when you download the dlc how do you become Johnny? How do you switch between Niko and Johnny? Sorry, this is my first time owning a ps3 game and I hever had a game with extra dlc except patches for cod4 on pc.

This isn't a patch so to speak, this is a full blown add-on by the sounds of it.

I imagine there will be a number of gameplay changes and new features, but how you switch between the chracters will be interesting.

I don't want a menu screen like SR2 when you first load up. I have always loved how the game just boots up straight into the game.

When you become Johnny, will that render Niko unobtainable...?

IMO PS3 will get this content if it is exclusive to 360 for now... I think all M$ got was time exclusivitiy, but then I'm an optimist!

Of course the ps3 will get this dlc later on. It's sill GTAIV right? I doubt R* would be THAT greedy. f*cking microsoft... mad.gif

hellwithhell
  • hellwithhell

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

Sounds like a load of sh*t to me.

oh well now i`ve officaly given up on Gta 4.

CookPassBabtridge
  • CookPassBabtridge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

I like the fact there is a new character, its a huge city and it makes sense to see a different perspective of it.

I have to take Rockstar with a pinch of salt when they talk about him being such a different character from Niko: so he isnt going to be killing people and doing A to B missions?

Im also interested in how the DLC blends in with the main game, anyone have any solid theories? For example, do we lose all progress (saved vehicles, unlocked areas etc) and start from scratch again? That would be kind of a waste really IMO

Nico Bellic
  • Nico Bellic

Well...Since you've put it that way...i'm in.

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (john klebitz @ Nov 20 2008, 09:23)
johnny klebitz is the best character in gta iv

yeah you've seen him so much times,and he is so great,the name is the best... i still do not beleve this... who the hell is this Johnny...some drug dealing biker

1ManArmy
  • 1ManArmy

Pirate

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (CookPassBabtridge @ Nov 20 2008, 11:15)
I like the fact there is a new character, its a huge city and it makes sense to see a different perspective of it.

I have to take Rockstar with a pinch of salt when they talk about him being such a different character from Niko: so he isnt going to be killing people and doing A to B missions?

Im also interested in how the DLC blends in with the main game, anyone have any solid theories? For example, do we lose all progress (saved vehicles, unlocked areas etc) and start from scratch again? That would be kind of a waste really IMO

That will be bullsh*t, Niko should always be the main antagonist in gta iv. No one should replace him, not even a cool biker guy. mad.gif I really hope what you said won't happen, because gta iv should stay original to it's story.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

4 Albums. 4 Mixtapes. 2 EPs. 5 Years.

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

Looks like Episode 2 will do the same thing.

Am I the only one kinda let down. I mean, I wasn't expecting much, but I don't like the idea of playing a new character so soon after Niko's story, of which the game worked strongly with. I just think it will feel weird. I'd rather have new missions with Niko, but there you go.

It might be interesting, let's see; it'll probably grow on me.
In fact, it'll probably be awesome, so ignore me lol.gif .

ItWasntMe
  • ItWasntMe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

Am I the only one kinda let down. I mean, I wasn't expecting much, but I don't like the idea of playing a new character so soon after Niko's story, of which the game worked strongly with. I just think it will feel weird. I'd rather have new missions with Niko, but there you go.

i know how you feel, it's kinda like watching a really good movie, and at the end they put blatant 'Niko will be back' etc spoilers at the end, and then just leave it at that.

I want to put a bullet in Bulgarin.

I want to go into businerss with Brucie. (Then shoot him and take over...)

I want to expand the Roman Taxi empire.

Now you have gotten settled, I think it would have been a ncie touch to actually start taking over the city...

And then once you have taken over most of it, you get corrupted with power, and a new player emerges as the antagonist, Johnny Klibblewitz (or whatever his name is). tounge.gif

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this sounds great? New Character, new stories, some of Nico's story seen from a different perspective (Back to the future 2 style!).

Very original and cool thing to do with the DLC IMO. I wanted to play as a new character, I think this will be great.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Timewarp Toughguy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:44 PM

I agree with you. Rockstar are definatly trying to show us the different corners of the Liberty City Underworld. We've worked for the Pegorino Family Mafia, the Russians, Chinatown Wars on the DS will focus on the Triads in Liberty City, and with the 1st DLC episode we'll be able to see how the biker gangs do things. From what the LCPD website says I think a lot will be based around a guy called Billy Grey, a key member of the Lost, who dosen't agree with the way Johnny does business. And of course, the Angels of Death.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

I wonder how the swap over will work

I think it would be cool if you went to start a mission as Niko and during a cut scene the camera shifts to Johnny like a sort of scrubs thing somehow then your playing as Johnny or something like that

MrKlorox
  • MrKlorox

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:46 PM

I, like many others, totally called it. Actually Quartermann from EGM first hinted at it revolving around a biker, but it was obvious whom.

Anton79
  • Anton79

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Tyla
  • Tyla

Timewarp Toughguy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

Awesome, thanks for the pictures!

Prinz Valium!
  • Prinz Valium!

The Prince of GTA

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

Nice pics, and where is the source?

The Ballas
  • The Ballas

It's simple...kill the Batman.

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif kool

adiohead
  • adiohead

nxe = wii

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

tbh, i don't remember johnny (or the lost) at all lol.gif

bola
  • bola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Prinz Valium! @ Nov 20 2008, 15:13)
Nice pics, and where is the source?

I don't know his source, but Rockstar sent this pictures to my website too:

GTA Revolution

This pictures in my website are more bigger than here smile.gif

Prinz Valium!
  • Prinz Valium!

The Prince of GTA

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

ah, thanks

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

oh man , that DLC is just crap.
hell , how big in MB would that stuff be?xD
and the price....DLC is almost like a new game.....
god i'm so happy i'm not a x360 user , because i just don't want to look at the DLC everytime in get in their store tounge.gif (what kind of store does the X360 has?)

Anton79
  • Anton79

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (oldage @ Nov 20 2008, 16:01)
oh man , that DLC is just crap.
hell , how big in MB would that stuff be?xD
and the price....DLC is almost like a new game.....
god i'm so happy i'm not a x360 user , because i just don't want to look at the DLC everytime in get in their store tounge.gif (what kind of store does the X360 has?)

A well thought out and reasoned post here. sarcasm.gif

The DLC should be good apparently there is new music, multiplayer modes and missions.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

Meh, i have a PC and i really don't care. But this is good news for the guys with 360.

ItWasntMe
  • ItWasntMe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

Folks this is R* not EA...

It won't be a let down unless it's totally exclusive to M$...

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

I think it's good they've chosen for someone from a 'biker gang'. I would've been surprised (in a negative way) if they had chosen for a 'afro american' character (again, like CJ).

They just couldn't make the story feel right with CJ... and I was/am afraid that they would/will do the same thing in the future.

But that fear is gone now. R* should make it for PS3 and PC too eventually... but I doubt it.

Stewerd
  • Stewerd

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

Doh, I wanted more land/shops and expansion stuff! This freestanding story crap sounds blaaaa.

Swe78
  • Swe78

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:31 PM

"Rockstar has revealed that the GTA IV downloadable content announced today will include new multiplayer modes, new weapons and vehicles, and a soundtrack with new music"

http://www.eurogamer...ticle_id=310190

Nice

Azazel
  • Azazel

Rhododendron.

• None

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Swe78 @ Nov 20 2008, 18:31)
"Rockstar has revealed that the GTA IV downloadable content announced today will include new multiplayer modes, new weapons and vehicles, and a soundtrack with new music"

Nice

Awesome. I'm liking this already. Nice move by Rockstar - I'll be looking forward to seeing what Johnny has in store for us.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Swe78 @ Nov 20 2008, 17:31)

Now this sounds very great! I hope this episode will also come out for PC..

ihasamelon
  • ihasamelon

No Melon No Cry

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Nov 20 2008, 08:57)
QUOTE (Updog @ Nov 20 2008, 08:45)
Did they not like Niko's story?  Why go off on something totally different when Niko was your MC?

This is actually got me wondering the same thing. I was hoping that we could play as Niko and take down Bulgarin. Unless that's saved for the second DLC pack.

My aspirations exactly. Bulgarin is still at large and I was expecting to play as Niko in the DLC to track him down.

Not playing as Niko seems wrong. The same as playing in Vice City but not as Tommy V seemed wrong in VC: Stories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users