Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAIV Episodic Pack 1 Info

326 replies to this topic

Poll: Does this sound good as an episodic content pack? (520 member(s) have cast votes)

Does this sound good as an episodic content pack?

1. Yes! (246 votes [51.14%])

Percentage of vote: 51.14%

2. No. (47 votes [9.77%])

Percentage of vote: 9.77%

3. I have a PS3/PC and don't care. (56 votes [11.64%])

Percentage of vote: 11.64%

4. I have a PS3/PC and want the pack! (132 votes [27.44%])

Percentage of vote: 27.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GoldenJoel
  • GoldenJoel

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:12 AM

To those of you who are mad about not playing Niko, why are you so made about it?

Niko is a interesting character, but definitely not a great one. His moral values come from the mouth, but he makes no effort to actually better his life. Instead, he continually puts himself out there for use and revenge, never thinking over the ones he hurts. The Bellic brothers are cursed in a way, Roman is a greedy pig, pulling himself into a dark hole. Niko is violent hypocrite, saying one thing and doing another. Both are family oriented, but have pride as well.

One thing I'm looking forward to about Johnny is his most-likely back-stabbing behavior like we have from Claude. The thing with Niko is, he has this warrior-complex that makes him give away his presence by telling the targets he is after that he is going to kill them. There is also those moral questions that always come up. It sure is human, but not professional. Johnny has no trouble with asking questions, killing, betrayal. All of these features are made obvious through the radio sessions with his involvement, and the times he is shown in game. whenever the heat falls, he runs, separating himself from the danger. That's very professional, and there is no doubt in my mind that Johnny has a more brutal mind set, and doesn't mind putting a bullet in the back of someone's head, a la Elizabeta. I mean, they were friends after all.

Also, Johnny knew he was kidnapping a fellow accomplices cousin. The time they worked together was before his kidnapping. Johnny fits the profile more of a GTA character, and I think he is going to be a much-welcomed addition to the GTA team. Granted, Johnny has the problem with facing the problems ahead full-force, but he gets the job done. Besides the Heroin bust, did anything he do fail? He got away with the two-million, he probably got paid for Roman's Kidnapping. He STOLE the heroin in the first place. He has GTA Character written all over him...

geezy1200
  • geezy1200

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

I think us PS3 owners will be treated to some nice DLC down the line. And more then likely it may be cheaper or free for us. I got tired of GTA IV real quick and after a mediocre single player campain and a Online that lacks ANY strategy or team work, i sold my PS3. Until GTA IV releases some content for PS3 or there is another game that makes me want to buy a PS3, I might get a Xbox360 just for Gears 2. I just need to here what R* plans for PS3 are.

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (motorforum @ Nov 29 2008, 01:12)
The mall in Dukes with the Didier Sachs shop is crying out to be opened by DLC, as is ProLaps in Star Junction.

One idea; Avatars in Multi-Player? Could be a great tie-in to push the functionality and probably wouldn't be too hard to implement.

damn you took the words right out of my mouth, i was looking there[big willis mall] and it could be a nice mall[like a wallmart], they should have some shops were you can buy or steal chainsaws, katana's , machete's and maybe an arcadehall inside[or you can actually walk around with a shop venture and buy your shotgun etc..], like mozarelli said they should make a new shop for biker clothes[and maybe a tattoo shop sarcasm.gif ]..and i really hope they do something more with acquiring gangmembers just like you could start a war with the grove army in SA..[also with some better weapons]

motorforum
  • motorforum

ped crusher

• Members

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (geezy1200 @ Nov 29 2008, 04:46)
I think us PS3 owners will be treated to some nice DLC down the line. And more then likely it may be cheaper or free for us. I got tired of GTA IV real quick and after a mediocre single player campain and a Online that lacks ANY strategy or team work, i sold my PS3. Until GTA IV releases some content for PS3 or there is another game that makes me want to buy a PS3, I might get a Xbox360 just for Gears 2. I just need to here what R* plans for PS3 are.

If Sony had any sort of DLC agreement they'd shout about it by now. It'll be 18 months after the game was released before both DLC packs have been released and it's not worth R*'s time, money and effort to create DLC that long after a game has released.

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:44 PM

I am quite excited to play as Johnny, perhaps because he is a biker and the possibilities seem endless for that sort of character.

But Niko Bellic so far, is probably the best videogame character ever created.

His moral values come from the mouth, but he makes no effort to actually better his life.  Instead, he continually puts himself out there for use and revenge, never thinking over the ones he hurts.

Well, if you had seen all of your childhood friends die in a ditch then you wouldn't be really optimistic towards life wow.gif , besides, it also serves to make him a morally ambiguous character, like Tony Soprano, Niko killed people, yet he justified it by believing he was killing people who he choosed to kill and who deserved to die, i don't agree with that kind of thinking, but my disagreement doesn't take away that it makes for a great character.

The thing with Niko is, he has this warrior-complex that makes him give away his presence by telling the targets he is after that he is going to kill them.  There is also those moral questions that always come up.  It sure is human, but not professional.

???, i don't think i never dialed any target to tell them he is going to kill them, besides Dimitri biggrin.gif and if anything, sure, Niko is more for the full frontal assault, that doesn't mean he is compassionate to their targets biggrin.gif

One of the things i liked from IV was how they showed there is nothing professional about crime, crime is dirty, mean, and it sure as hell is not a good way of living, take a look at the Ancelottis, the Pavanos, the Pegorinos, the dominicans, the russians, even the McCrearys, i ask you, WHO was professional in that game wow.gif ?

Also, Johnny knew he was kidnapping a fellow accomplices cousin.

We don't know if he actually knew he was Niko's cousin, in any case, i would like to see how that turns out if he knows Roman IS Niko's cousin biggrin.gif that's guaranteed to be a fun mission.

tbar3
  • tbar3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

i am excited for it but i dont like johnny. i think it would be cool if they made it where you play as packie when his family was a big name.

John Killer118
  • John Killer118

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

BUY A 360!
PS3 will probably get DLC, but it will be on BOTH the 360 and PS3, and it won't be the 2 episodes.
So, to all PS3 fanboys out there that say they will get Lost and the Damned, please, STFU and GTFO!
However, PC, that's a diffrent story because GTA4 PC is running on Games for Windows Live (owned by Microsoft.) I said this in a couple of other threads, but I love to spread the love inlove.gif !

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:31 PM

I've been replaying GTA4 a lot lately and I noticed something. The radio and website news keeps mentioning Triads and bikers fighting each other. I wonder if we'll see Huang Lee in this game - or see Johnny in Chinatown Wars. That'd just be absolutely f*ckin' sweet.

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:27 AM Edited by Foppez„o, 05 December 2008 - 04:34 AM.

QUOTE (John Killer118 @ Dec 3 2008, 21:57)
I think us PS3 owners will be treated to some nice DLC down the line. And more then likely it may be cheaper or free for us. I got tired of GTA IV real quick and after a mediocre single player campain and a† Online that lacks ANY strategy or team work, i sold my PS3. Until GTA IV releases some content for PS3 or there† is another game that makes me want to buy a PS3, I might get a Xbox360 just for Gears 2. I just need to here what R* plans for PS3 are.

BUY A 360!
PS3 will probably get DLC, but it will be on BOTH the 360 and PS3, and it won't be the 2 episodes.
So, to all PS3 fanboys out there that say they will get Lost and the Damned, please, STFU and GTFO!
However, PC, that's a diffrent story because GTA4 PC is running on Games for Windows Live (owned by Microsoft.) I said this in a couple of other threads, but I love to spread the love inlove.gif !

read this

PlayStation 3 gamers riepen moord en brand toen Microsoft aankondigde dat de Xbox 360 exclusieve downloadbare content kreeg voor Grand Theft Auto IV, 360 gamers daarentegen waren natuurlijk heel gelukkig. Ook Fallout 3 en Tomb Raider: Underworld krijgen binnenkort exclusieve DLC. Volgens Sony is downloadbare content echter nooit exclusief integendeel tot wat Microsoft beweert. Ook PlayStation 3 gamers kunnen dus binnenkort met al deze DLC aan de slag. Deze bewering deed ... translated:according to sony the DLC is never exclusive for what MS assumed, also PS3 players will get DLC but only later

... Sony Computer Entertainment UK managing director Ray Maguire in een interview. De interviewer stelde hem namelijk de vraag of hij een boodschap had voor PS3 eigenaars die gefrusteerd waren omdat ze deze DLC niet zouden krijgen.

"One thing to remember, nothing is ever exclusive. Things get wrapped up for a period of time for a large amount of money and if it's a strategic decision by competition to do that then we have to live with that."

Vervolgens voegde hij eraan toe:

"Obviously, what we have to do is make sure that our business plan is adhered to and we have the amount of money to invest in games rather than investing in stopping other people making games and progressing. So I would much rather that we were investing money into making sure that we've got great R&D and we start producing games like LittleBigPlanet, rather than paying other people a huge amount of money to stop people playing their product."

Sony steekt dus liever geld in eigen games dan het afkopen van exclusieve DLC zoals Microsoft. Volgens hem zullen we de DLC van Microsoft dus wel op de PS3 zien, maar een tijdje later.

Maar wat denken jullie? Zullen we uiteindelijk de DLC van GTA IV, Fallout 3 en Tomb Raider ook op de PS3 zien of blijft deze DLC 360 exclusive?

Source: http://ps3life.nl/ni...-360-exclusive/

Thats the difference between Sony and Microsoft, havent we seen that before with other PC related sofware sarcasm.gif

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:50 PM Edited by GuruAskew, 05 December 2008 - 05:58 PM.

I was looking for that quote earlier.

Again, you have the Sony guy spinning his pitiful DLC (which, again, will likely be Home content and nothing more) into making people think they're going to get something comparable to what Microsoft is getting without actually saying it, but this is really the telling comment that really seals the deal:

"Obviously, what we have to do is make sure that our business plan is adhered to and we have the amount of money to invest in games rather than investing in stopping other people making games and progressing. So I would much rather that we were investing money into making sure that we've got great R&D and we start producing games like LittleBigPlanet, rather than paying other people a huge amount of money to stop people playing their product."

He's bitching and moaning and crying like a little baby but right there he admits that the Microsoft deal makes that specific content unavailable to them.

It's right there, in black and white. Microsoft paid Rockstar to stop PS3 owners from playing their product and Sony guy is sad about it. Aww.

The PS3 owners can read his quote about how Microsoft and Rockstar are like totally mean jerks while we 360 owners (and ONLY us) will actually be playing "The Lost and Damned".

as for his "nothing is ever exclusive" comment, that's simply wrong. Mario will be exclusive to Nintendo forever, Microsoft will always own Halo (even after Bungie split off from them) and Sony will have whatever exclusive stuff they have that nobody is buying.

Does Microsoft own GTA outright? No, obviously, but even if that $50 million doesn't buy them perpetual exclusivity on that content (and who is to say it doesn't? Again, it's $50 million f*cking dollars) what makes this Sony guy think the exclusive is going to lapse any time soon?

Even if you were to concede that it could wind up outside the 360 eventually (and I'm not ready to make that concession, as far as I'm concerned it's never happening) who's to say that they didn't lock up the content for 5 or 10 years?

The FACT of the matter is this:

Microsoft paid a large sum of money and officially announced the deal and the content THREE YEARS AGO, they funded the development of DLC, the DLC was subsequently developed and announced as an Xbox 360 EXCLUSIVE and they've produced a name, screenshots and a release date.

Sony, on the other hand, has done nothing but offer baseless suggestions that they're eventually going to have SOMETHING while simultaneously bitching about how Microsoft is mean.

Thats the difference between Sony and Microsoft, havent we seen that before with other PC related sofware sarcasm.gif

and you can sit and stare at your PS3 and get all sorts of warm and fuzzy feelings while 360 owners are playing the content you can only dream of playing on your failure of a console.

The video game business is just that, a business, and when it comes to the video game business Microsoft is doing much better than Sony and that amounts to a better gaming experience for gamers.

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:35 AM Edited by Foppez„o, 06 December 2008 - 02:48 AM.

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Dec 5 2008, 17:50)
I was looking for that quote earlier.

Again, you have the Sony guy spinning his pitiful DLC (which, again, will likely be Home content and nothing more) into making people think they're going to get something comparable to what Microsoft is getting without actually saying it, but this is really the telling comment that really seals the deal:

He's bitching and moaning and crying like a little baby but right there he admits that the Microsoft deal makes that specific content unavailable to them.

It's right there, in black and white. Microsoft paid Rockstar to stop PS3 owners from playing their product and Sony guy is sad about it. Aww.

The PS3 owners can read his quote about how Microsoft and Rockstar are like totally mean jerks while we 360 owners (and ONLY us) will actually be playing "The Lost and Damned".

as for his "nothing is ever exclusive" comment, that's simply wrong. Mario will be exclusive to Nintendo forever, Microsoft will always own Halo (even after Bungie split off from them) and Sony will have whatever exclusive stuff they have that nobody is buying.

Does Microsoft own GTA outright? No, obviously, but even if that $50 million doesn't buy them perpetual exclusivity on that content (and who is to say it doesn't? Again, it's $50 million f*cking dollars) what makes this Sony guy think the exclusive is going to lapse any time soon?

Even if you were to concede that it could wind up outside the 360 eventually (and I'm not ready to make that concession, as far as I'm concerned it's never happening) who's to say that they didn't lock up the content for 5 or 10 years?

The FACT of the matter is this:

Microsoft paid a large sum of money and officially announced the deal and the content THREE YEARS AGO, they funded the development of DLC, the DLC was subsequently developed and announced as an Xbox 360 EXCLUSIVE and they've produced a name, screenshots and a release date.

Sony, on the other hand, has done nothing but offer baseless suggestions that they're eventually going to have SOMETHING while simultaneously bitching about how Microsoft is mean.

and you can sit and stare at your PS3 and get all sorts of warm and fuzzy feelings while 360 owners are playing the content you can only dream of playing on your failure of a console.

The video game business is just that, a business, and when it comes to the video game business Microsoft is doing much better than Sony and that amounts to a better gaming experience for gamers.

Its not about Micro$oft its about R*[the third party]..and the latter has a game on three platforms and they likely want to conceive as much money as possible from these GTA owners on all platforms, called ARPU [ average revenue per user]..
MS does not own R*, like he said its wrapped up only for a period of time.. just like that MS dumbasses paid 5 milion so they could start earlier with promoting GTA on their platform..and quess what GTA4 on the PS3 is outselling the version on the 360[just like the consoles do in PAL countries] http://www.computera...e.php?id=187505

http://blogs.pcworld...ves/006491.html

And dont come with your 50 million f*cking dollars, cause that currency doesnt mean jack sh!t these days..

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:40 AM Edited by the7ftmidget, 06 December 2008 - 03:52 AM.

QUOTE (Foppez„o @ Dec 6 2008, 02:35)
and quess what GTA4 on the PS3 is outselling the version on the 360[just like the consoles do in PAL countries]† http://www.computera...e.php?id=187505

Your post is a fallacy! Worthless garbage! I clicked on it and it says that the numbers of PRE-ORDERS for the PS3 WERE more than those for the 360 version.
From first website:
Wednesday 23-Apr-2008 10:23 AM At Asda - supermarket showing worrying sign for Microsoft
Fool, comeback with something recent to support your claims.
From second website:
Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:20 PM PT Posted by Matt Peckham
Your sh*t is very out of date. icon13.gif

Nevertheless, I don't agree with their move to make the DLC exclusive to the 360 (whether for now, or forever). But the "Epesodic" stuff does sound good and worth getting... Haven't made up my mind if I'll download it, but I think I will eventually.

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Dec 6 2008, 03:40)
and quess what GTA4 on the PS3 is outselling the version on the 360[just like the consoles do in PAL countries]† http://www.computera...e.php?id=187505

Your post is a fallacy! Worthless garbage! I clicked on it and it says that the numbers of PRE-ORDERS for the PS3 WERE more than those for the 360 version.
From first website:
Wednesday 23-Apr-2008 10:23 AM At Asda - supermarket showing worrying sign for Microsoft
From second website:

Nevertheless, I don't agree with their move to make the DLC exclusive to the 360 (whether for now, or forever). But the "Epesodic" stuff does sound good and worth getting...

Good for you boy, finding that out... quess that means the 5 million was thrown away money after all..[pre-marketing--->pre -ordering]

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ Nov 27 2008, 04:53)
QUOTE (coffeebeans @ Nov 27 2008, 04:33)
I don't wanna play as a new character, I want to play as the one that I grew to love all through GTA IV. Not some biker with a generic name. lol.gif

Think of the possibilities, if exploited and done well, Johnny can be a great character, BUT only if done RIGHT.

Plus, the biker seems like a refreshing change from "pitty me Niko". I, for one, would love to play as a violent thug. It would be nice to see Liberty City from more than one point of view. I welcome this change.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (Foppez„o @ Dec 6 2008, 03:53)

From first website:
From second website:

Nevertheless, I don't agree with their move to make the DLC exclusive to the 360 (whether for now, or forever). But the "Epesodic" stuff does sound good and worth getting...

Good for you boy, finding that out... quess that means the 5 million was thrown away money after all..[pre-marketing--->pre -ordering]

Educate your self, boy. I don't care about that, cŁnt, but what is done is done. If they want to be greedy together, then whatever.

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Dec 6 2008, 04:04)
QUOTE (Foppez„o @ Dec 6 2008, 03:53)

From first website:
From second website:

Educate your self, boy. I don't care about that, cŁnt, but what is done is done. If they want to be greedy together, then whatever.

You don't understand, Sony invests in new games and R&D, Microsoft just pays to destroy the industry and its competitors and prohibit other games from having fun..
And keep your LA slang for your friends "rifa", i am not your marbles buddy from pre-school

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

It's funny that you dig up some old article from a UK supermarket as if it's a definitive document of PS3 outselling 360 on GTAIV when everything since then has been based on more comprehensive and credible sources and they point to the 360 version outselling the PS3 version in the long run.

In any case, the article could even be accurate but it only shows that it happened at one chain in one country. It's quite a leap to take that performance and just assume that it can be applied worldwide. The fact of the matter is this: it can't.

Even if PS3 had more preorders overall that would be nothing but an interesting footnote, an asterisk next to the sales figures that show that the 360 version simply sold more. At best it shows that PS3 owners like the concept of preordering more than 360 owners and again, the important figures are going to be the actual sales.

Microsoft just pays to destroy the industry and its competitors and prohibit other games from having fun..

EVERY COMPANY DOES THIS. As a 360 owner I can't play "Little Big Planet" and you don't hear me complaining. There is never going to be a system that plays every PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC game. They all have exclusives and building a good stable of exclusives is the main component of the obvious competition between the systems.

Or you could say that both the marketing and the DLC paid off since the 360 has outperformed the PS3 version in the end.

MS does not own R*, like he said its wrapped up only for a period of time.. just like that MS dumbasses paid 5 milion so they could start earlier with promoting GTA on their platform..and quess what GTA4 on the PS3 is outselling the version on the 360[just like the consoles do in PAL countries] http://www.computera...e.php?id=187505

How many articles did you reject before finding a month where it outsold the 360? Look at the dates on those articles. I already pointed out the flaws in the supermarket preorder one, but here you are reporting console sales from nearly a year ago as if it's some sort of ultimate long-term declaration of defeat. Depending games, bundles, etc. the sales charts fluctuate quite a bit from month to month but in the long run the 360 beats the PS3 far more often than not. For every month where you can dig up an article showing the PS3 outperformed the 360 somebody could post 4 or 5 similar articles showing the 360 outselling the PS3.

You can't just pick articles that show such flimsy glimpses of success and not expect people to question or challenge them. It's pathetic.

As for this content being a timed exclusive, there's no evidence to suggest there's a time when Microsoft's deal lapses but again, even if it does how do you know it won't be 5 or 10 years? How do you know it will lapse within a time where everybody will even care? For all you know it couldn't wind up on a Sony system for two video game generations. By then I doubt anyone would even care.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

Also, all you PS3 fanboys can blame Evil "Micro$oft" for missing out but when Sony's attitude is like this you have to wonder if they really understand their users. This is a quote from Scott Steinberg, VP of Product Marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA):

"[Microsoft] spent the GNP of several small Latin American countries to get that [content], and if you've ever played San Andreas...there's a lot of game to Grand Theft Auto and there's going to be a lot of game to Grand Theft Auto IV to the point where I think most people will have that Grand Theft Auto experience on the PS3, day and date, same core game shipping on the 360. Perhaps they'll be shipping some episodic content in the fall, but there is a whole lot of product shipping on the PS3 in April and I personally don't think there's going to be a huge percentage of folks who jump into downloadable content for another price when they're still playing through the core product."

He just doesn't think you guys want it, and that's obviously not the case. This is exciting content that expands the gameplay that a lot of people obviously love but Sony doesn't even think anyone finished the game.

It just shows how out-of-touch Sony is with consumers.

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:16 AM Edited by Foppez„o, 08 December 2008 - 02:18 AM.

If the DLC is $20 and about 4 million PS3 owners bought GTA4 then R* would miss about 80.million dollars thanks to Microsoft because of their "w000H" exclusive contract, they would never allow that..they not only take away PS3 market share but also R*'s[people might want buy another game wich does have DLC for the PS3] , it doesnt make sense..
If R* is smart they take the 50 million from MS and later the +/- 80 million from the PS3 users..

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:35 AM Edited by the7ftmidget, 08 December 2008 - 02:38 AM.

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Dec 6 2008, 17:57)
It's funny that you dig up some old article from a UK supermarket as if it's a definitive document of PS3 outselling 360 on GTAIV when everything since then has been based on more comprehensive and credible sources and they point to the 360 version outselling the PS3 version in the long run.

In any case, the article could even be accurate but it only shows that it happened at one chain in one country.  It's quite a leap to take that performance and just assume that it can be applied worldwide.  The fact of the matter is this: it can't.

Even if PS3 had more preorders overall that would be nothing but an interesting footnote, an asterisk next to the sales figures that show that the 360 version simply sold more.  At best it shows that PS3 owners like the concept of preordering more than 360 owners and again, the important figures are going to be the actual sales.

Microsoft just pays to destroy the industry and its competitors and prohibit other games from having fun..

EVERY COMPANY DOES THIS. As a 360 owner I can't play "Little Big Planet" and you don't hear me complaining. There is never going to be a system that plays every PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC game. They all have exclusives and building a good stable of exclusives is the main component of the obvious competition between the systems.

Or you could say that both the marketing and the DLC paid off since the 360 has outperformed the PS3 version in the end.

How many articles did you reject before finding a month where it outsold the 360? Look at the dates on those articles. I already pointed out the flaws in the supermarket preorder one, but here you are reporting console sales from nearly a year ago as if it's some sort of ultimate long-term declaration of defeat. Depending games, bundles, etc. the sales charts fluctuate quite a bit from month to month but in the long run the 360 beats the PS3 far more often than not. For every month where you can dig up an article showing the PS3 outperformed the 360 somebody could post 4 or 5 similar articles showing the 360 outselling the PS3.

You can't just pick articles that show such flimsy glimpses of success and not expect people to question or challenge them. It's pathetic.

As for this content being a timed exclusive, there's no evidence to suggest there's a time when Microsoft's deal lapses but again, even if it does how do you know it won't be 5 or 10 years? How do you know it will lapse within a time where everybody will even care? For all you know it couldn't wind up on a Sony system for two video game generations. By then I doubt anyone would even care.

Pretty much what I said... icon14.gif

@douche: The estimated money R* would have made launching the DLC on the PS3 may have been paid off by MS in the little deal they made to make it 360 exclusive. We still don't know how well this DLC may sell, so if it exceeds their expectations and sells a lot, it will probably get launched for the PS3 (and maybe PC) in a two or three years later. I base this crap on the success of the 3D GTA series, and then being put out on the PC and Xbox after being released from R* exclusiveness to Sony. It's all theory for now.

Don't like my LA slang? I don't care. It's not for you to see anyway, so f*ck off. ExP13 Rifa all of NW LA. Are your eyes bleeding when you see this or what?

BenMc20
  • BenMc20

The Greatest Ginger Since My Mother.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:13 AM

As long as there's not too much emphasis on bikes it sounds pretty cool.

People who keep bleating that Microsoft is somehow screwing them out of stuff need to get a clue.

Microsoft didn't BUY the DLC they paid to have it developed and so own it as much as rock star, essentially it was their idea the DLC would not exist full stop if Microsoft hadn't paid for it.

I may be mistaken on this but I'm sure I read R* approached Sony but they showed zero interest in anything but the core product.

Its juvinille and pathetic to expect Microsoft to fund the development when Sony wont, and THEN expect to get a cut off the action with zero initial investment.

If you have a problem don't blame MS for helping with the creation of extra content, get onto Sony and ask why the hell they are not funding their own content which I'm sure R* would happily oblige and make if Sony were willing to pay for it.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:28 AM

Ooh, shiney! icon14.gif

http://planetgrandth...y.php?id=155605

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (BenMc20 @ Dec 8 2008, 06:13)
As long as there's not too much emphasis on bikes it sounds pretty cool.

People who keep bleating that Microsoft is somehow screwing them out of stuff need to get a clue.

Microsoft didn't BUY the DLC they paid to have it developed and so own it as much as rock star, essentially it was their idea the DLC would not exist full stop if Microsoft hadn't paid for it.

From where did you glean this piece of exclusive information

Nico Bellic
  • Nico Bellic

Well...Since you've put it that way...i'm in.

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

aren't there any online tv sites where you could watch spike tv online?...free confused.gif

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

This does sound good. wow.gif It has to be some kind of Episodic Pack.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

New trailer on www.planetgrandtheftauto.com

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:40 AM Edited by DHoff, 16 December 2008 - 12:46 AM.

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Dec 15 2008, 19:35)
New trailer on www.planetgrandtheftauto.com

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=384223

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users