fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

Here's what I do:
  • Bring up phone
  • Go to Phonebook
  • Go to Dwayne and press 'X' (PS3 version)
But I don't get options like i'm supposed to when I click on the name it just calls him directly. I replied negatively to his E-Mail but so did my friend who has an Xbox and he can still do stuff with him. Is this just a PS3 issue? Anyone else have this problem?

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

To become friends with Dwayne you need to reply positively to his e-mail. I haven't heard it would be any different in PS3 or Xbox versions. ??

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Nov 19 2008, 16:49)
To become friends with Dwayne you need to reply positively to his e-mail. I haven't heard it would be any different in PS3 or Xbox versions. ??

Hmmm...ok thanks that's what I figured. The only reason I thought the two versions might be different is because my friend with an xbox replied negatively to his email and couldn't call him. Well he kept getting the "This is Dwayne" 'blah blah blah' "i'm so emo" etc answering machine message but after calling like 10 times in a row he successfully got Dwayne to pick up...this doesn't work for me so either it's a glitch/feature only on the xbox or just a glitch in his game. Oh well...i'll just do the missions again for the trophy.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:01 PM

And after your friend managed to get Dwayne to answer the phone, did the friend options appear in the phone under his name and he was able to start taking him to activities?
Has your friend been able to replicate this?
To determine if this is a glitch or an alternative way to salvage the friendship after replying to his e-mail negatively, we'd need to know if it can be done more than once.

Also, when you have made your calls to Dwayne, have you done so during his awake hours (11am-3am)

I've also understood that if you get a friend, but let the likeness drop so you lose him, he can be gained back by persistantly calling him, and one day he'll pick up. Perhaps this occurrance might have something to do with that? Not sure though, haven't tested myself, just what I have read, so this is just pure speculation.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

Why reply negatively?

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

You have to start a new file unfortunately, I got the exact same thing and I also never got Stevie's text. Apparently it's an autosave glitch, so the only thing you can do is start a new file, there's no quick fix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users