» «
Photo

Making the Radar Semi-Transparent

4 replies to this topic
leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:26 AM Edited by leik oh em jeez!, 15 November 2008 - 07:30 PM.

This tutorial will show you how to make the radar in Vice City Semi-transparent.

1. Creating an alpha image
First you will want to create an alpha image. This is extremely simple. We need a light grey 128x128 image. (maybe larger if you have a radar mod installed.) Open Paint. (If you don't know how to get to it, click start, all programs, accessories, paint. If that doesn't work, click start then run, type "mspaint" without the quotes, and hit enter.) Really, getting to Paint shouldn't be that hard for you.

Now click Image, then Attributes. Make sure units is set to pixels, then type 128 in both the hieght and width boxes. Now click OK, the image will be resized. Now on the color selection box on the bottom click on light grey. (This will make the radar only slightly transparent, the darker grey you make this texture, the more transparent your radar will be.) Click the fill button on the left and click anywhere on the image. Now save the file. Make sure you remember where you save it and what the filename is.

2. Importing the alpha texture
Open TXD Workshop and click on the "Open IMG" button.
user posted image
Find your Vice City installation (usally in C://program files/rockstar games/GTA ViceCity)
Go into models and double click on GTA3.IMG. Click on one of the radar images. (If you are doing the entire radar, it would be easiest to do them in order.)
user posted image
Click on the "Properties" button and uncheck the "compressed" box, then click OK.
user posted image
Now click the "Alpha/Mask" botton at the bottom. Then click the "Import" button. Find the alpha texture you made with paint, and cllick OK.
user posted image
Click Properties again, now check "Alpha is used" and "compressed", in that order. "DXT3" should be faded out below compressed.
user posted image
Now click "Save TXD" And you're done with the first of 63 images!

Blackmen
  • Blackmen

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

Can you give some pics for the result, and can this do mt SA?

The-Prince
  • The-Prince

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

yeah !! it will be Great !!

Shanu Nirwan
  • Shanu Nirwan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Guys i m new in this line so can u please make a Video and list out every software which i have to use ????

and can u tell me what is alpha????

I really need your help suicidal.gif

TaweeL
  • TaweeL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Do I Need to Make the radar look in paint? Like I have to make a radar like this

9HIRraQ.png

So I have to make every phase of the Map or just 1 or Make the " P R O" Sign on Grey Sheet?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users