» «
Photo

VC Vehicle Database; Volume II!

46 replies to this topic
flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:05 PM Edited by flicko, 20 March 2009 - 09:23 AM.

Cheers spuds. I've cropped the image a tad, and also had it re-sized (Thanks to Funky for that)-

user posted image

I think the only difference between the two, aside from their appearance, is that the Goblin handles much easier. You can lean forward all the way, without it spinning uncontrollably. whereas with the Raider, you have to be tentative with the controls.

I've added the image to the specific post in this topic, and will get on uploading it to GTAVice.com right now. Once again, thanks. icon14.gif

[EDIT] It's been added. I've just noticed that the Goblin has four rotating blades, whereas the Raider has just the two. Something I didn't notice beforehand.

GSFfan
  • GSFfan

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

on the securicar: gruppe sechs is german for "group six". it's pronounced like "groopeh zeks". I think we all figure out the pun, not gonna explain THAT.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (GSFfan @ Apr 12 2009, 09:58)
on the securicar:  gruppe sechs is german for "group six". it's pronounced like "groopeh zeks".  I think we all figure out the pun, not gonna explain THAT.

Yeah, Rockstar definitely involved their fair share of sexual references into the game. I've already mentioned this in the trivia segment in the information section for the Securicar, but thanks for sharing. icon14.gif

GSFfan
  • GSFfan

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

"On the side and back of the vehicle it reads 'Gruppe sechs', anything come to mind...!?"

actually, you didn't lol

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

How so? I'm not going to go into details with the trivia section, it's not the main aim of this topic. The 'anything come to mind..!?' bit insinuates that I am in the same frame of mind as you; there's no need to explain the pun when it's plain obvious anyway.

igloo
  • igloo

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

Nice list, although I have two complaints.
First, for the looks, it's your opinion and varies depending on the player.
Also, when skimming through, your rating system is confusing. Why not do a star system? 1 star-5 star?
Although good job on the list

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:49 AM Edited by flicko, 14 April 2009 - 07:54 AM.

QUOTE (igloo @ Apr 13 2009, 22:30)
First, for the looks, it's your opinion and varies depending on the player.

I agree wholeheartedly. In-fact, I stated this when detailing how each vehicle was going to be judged-
Looks factor is very important when taking to the streets of Vice city. If you want to be hip, you've got to have a good looking car. I'm going to judge this by giving each car a rating from personal preference. You may call this biased, so feel free to have your say on the matter.

Fact is, this whole topic is based on only my opinion, and mine alone. You can agree or disagree with whatever you want, providing you have reasons. I'm sure it will make for a great discussion, and could also sway my opinion into changing it.

Also, when skimming through, your rating system is confusing. Why not do a star system? 1 star-5 star?

I wanted to be different, I didn't want to do the same ol' star rating, that's too dull! What confused you about the rating system? I though the initials, complete with colours emphasising how good/bad something is (You wouldn't expect a colour as dull as black to be a high rating would you? Or a colour with a name as ferocious as firebrick to be a low rating?) made it perfectly clear.

Anyway, a number of vehicle images became broken, and had been broken for a few days, as they were hosted on the now dead IsaraPIX. Those eleven vehicles' images have since been retrieved, and I apologise for any inconvenience I may have caused anybody. The banner at the top of the first post has also been lost, so if anybody wanted to re-create one for me, I'd very much appreciate it. smile.gif

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

TL;DR

Joke.
Very well done here, you have yet again put alot of work in, its brilliant and very useful. You're a credit to GTAforums with all the hard work you put in inlove.gif

I was thinking of doing a GTA IV vehicle database, but I would fail dismally half way throuh and abandon it.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

Thanks mate, means a lot. And I'm glad it will be of use to you. You've just got to have the commitment to go through with something, if you have that, and the desire to provide something good for the community, then go for it. icon14.gif

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:28 AM

You know the parked Dodo's at the airport, that you cant fly..

I swear I was flying them when I was little.... im pretty sure it wasn't the Skimmer..

weird

Shiggity55
  • Shiggity55

1950's-80's car lover

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:48 PM Edited by Shiggity55, 25 October 2009 - 11:12 AM.

I think this is very useful and much appreciated. Seeing the stats of the vehicles is a lot more informative. However, I do think that the
LOOKS:
stat should be excluded from the topic. You say,

GREENWOOD

LOOKS: PP

I disagree, I think it depends on the taste of the person that uses the car. I see you've also rated the looks of the majority of sports cars high. You obviously have a taste for modern looking cars. Personally I think the Greenwood looks
SS
as a particular fan of 1980's style cars.

Otherwise, it's better than
VOLUME I
But there's some consideration to be taken for the
LOOKS:
stat. mercie_blink.gif > confused.gif > icon13.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

This was always an opinion thread (and I was not crazy about this at the time)-- but flicko did compile all the pictures and a full list as well as update--

http://www.gtavice.com/vehicles/

I do think the previous thread on this had the stats, but it just wasn't a complet list

I do agree stats would be cool-- Flicko is MIA and I don't have time to look them all up and post them up (I don't know if flicko even has the PC version to pull the stats out of)...

If you want to do this, feel free.... I can update the topic--- let me know if you or anyone else is interested

Fnugie984
  • Fnugie984

Zup..? B|

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

Cheers m8! Very good job!
Glad you took time to get it done smile.gif
Very nice! turn.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:12 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 23 November 2010 - 12:16 AM.

I find it odd that OT prefer to spawn the vehicles and without using default colors instead. I prefer them to be grabbed from the streets, with normal colors and normal "accessories" (i.e. the taxi cabs shouldn't be lightless if you got them from the streets). That would be more accurate and less misleading.

zuma 4 life
  • zuma 4 life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

you are the most awsome member in this forum ... that was a great effort
|
but i need you, guys \/
http://www.gtaforums...T&f=49&t=477148

Neveen
  • Neveen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

Great job man! cool.gif

colbawa
  • colbawa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

i have found many more vehicles can i post other later i have the same vehicles but the pictures are changed like
file:///C:/Users/bawa%20and%20bani/Desktop/sw.png[/IMG]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users