» «
Photo

VC Vehicle Database; Volume II!

46 replies to this topic
flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:13 AM Edited by flicko, 14 April 2009 - 07:17 PM.

user posted image
Credit to gta_talk for the banner

Welcome to the GTA: Vice city Vehicle database; Volume II!

Because volume I was unpinned due to broken images, I've decided to re-create it, with added attributes, as well as images to help you decide which is the best and/or most suitable vehicle in VC for you. It's taken me a long time to create this, as my Vice city wasn't working, forcing me to buy a new one, and start from scratch as it was the platinum edition that I purchased. And the save I had previously was from the original, therefore not compatible with the platinum. I've also had a long wait for the BBCode to return. So, without further ado, enjoy!

Here's how the vehicles are going to be judged-

Car attributes
Description
SpeedHaving gone over various ideas of how to calculate the speed of cars unsuccessfully, I've just decided to drive each vehicle at top speed for a while, and then decide what rating to mark the vehicle's speed with.
HandlingI'm going to judge the handling of each vehicle by driving round sharp bends at full speed, and see if they skid, or veer off to the left or right, forcing me to brake or change direction. The less the vehicle skids and/or forces me to change direction, the less handling rating it's going to get. Of course I'm going to do this in equal weather conditions.
DurabilityHow much damage can a vehicle take before it blows up? How strong is a vehicle? I'm going to drive each vehicle and judge how high or low rating each vehicle deserves.
LooksLooks factor is very important when taking to the streets of Vice city. If you want to be hip, you've got to have a good looking car. I'm going to judge this by giving each car a rating from personal preference. You may call this biased, so feel free to have your say on the matter.
Plus points (Convenience)How good can a vehicle drive on the beach? Does it have hydraulics? Does it have added attributes that improve its performance? This is what I'm going to find out, and then give each vehicle a rating on how convenient they are.

Note: When searching for a vehicle without a fixed location, it's best to search on foot, because if you search in a vehicle, then the majority of cars that would spawn in the area you are driving in will be exactly the same as the one you're driving.

Note: If you are unsure where each little part of Vice city is, check the signs that will be hovering above roads, which tell you the direction to certain places.

Note: All Vigilante vehicles, the Ambulance and Firtruck are not repairable once damaged, so be careful when driving them.

Note: All helicopters and flying aircraft, as well as boats that spawn on the first Island, don't become accessible until you unlock the second Island.

Note: There are four images unavailable, as the site I got the pictures from didn't have the vehicles listed. If you are unsure what the four vehicles without pictures look like, just google the vehicle name.

Key:
PP- Piss poor
P- Poor
A- Average
S- Satisfactory
PG- Pretty good
SH- sh*t hot

Vehicle type
Information
Admiral

user posted image
Location: As you enter Starfish Island from the second Island (Little Havana), take the first left, and it is located at the first house on the left, beside a Drive-by rampage. Also the car you start off with when you first begin the game.
Speed: S
Handling: PG
Durability: S
Looks: S
Plus points(convenience): A
Additional info: Overall not a bad little car. Not the fastest, and not the best looking, but it will definitely be effective in various missions.
Trivia: If you steal Diaz' Admiral on the mission 'Guardian angels', by failing the mission without dying, then the car will be indestructible, which is a major help in missions.
Ambulance

user posted image
Location: You'll find an Ambulance at three of the four hospitals(Downtown, Ocean Beach and Vicepoint), or if you're too lazy, kill a few people and an ambulance should arrive, giving you the opportunity to steal it.
Speed: PG
Handling: S
Looks: A
Plus points(convenience): SH
Additional info: Pretty fast vehicle, and like most government vehicles, is fitted with sirens which, if activated, will make other road users move out of your way, which is always a major plus. The only downside is that there is no radio, which is again the case in all other government vehicles. I find the Ambulance pretty useful for completing Two wheel tricks as well. The Ambulance will also give you health when you enter it, if it isn't already at maximum.
Trivia: If you drive in the Ambulance with the sirens on through Starfish Island, you will avoid the annoying 'Welcome' pop ups on screen, which force a momentary pause in the game.
Angel

user posted image
Location: You'll find two Angels parked up beside 'The Greasy chopper' in Downtown. The Greasy chopper is where you go to run errands for Big Mitch Baker.
Handling: PP
Durability: PG
Looks: PG
Plus points (convenience): S
Additional info: If you're entering a Street race, or on a mission where you need to be driving fast, don't choose this bike. The handling is piss poor, and off the scale in wet conditions. Although it looks pretty rad, and has a decent top speed, if you're a novice, you'll find yourself falling off this bike time after time.
Trivia: There is a bike known as The Super Angel, which is basically the same model as the Angel, but immaculate handling and speed. To get the 'Super Angel', when on the mission "Alloy Wheels of steel", steal one of the other racers bikes, and voila!
Baggage Handler

user posted image
Location: At Escobar International Airport, beside the only helipad, and beside a pile of luggage near airplane terminals, as well as one hiding in the corner of the outside of the terminal building.
Speed: PP
Handling: SH
Looks: P
Plus points (convenience): P
Additional info: The only use of this vehicle is that it's necessary for when you complete the Sunshine Auto's property asset ring. It's shameful speed is the reason for it's awesome handling, but this vehicle won't be of much use to you in practically any circumstances.
Banshee

user posted image
Location: You'll find one on Starfish Island, beside the building with the R* logo shaped swimming pool at the rear. Also in Ocean beach, beside a staircase at a blue and white building, just east of Pay N' Spray.
Speed: SH
Plus points(convenience): S
Additional info: One of the fastest vehicles on the game, and handles pretty well too. Will be useful for competing in races, but doesnít handle too well in wet conditions.
Barracks OL

user posted image
Location: In order to locate the Barracks, you must get your Wanted level to the maximum 6 stars, and somehow steal it from the soldiers.
Handling: A
Durability: SH
Plus points(convenience): PG
Additional info: One of the toughest vehicles on the game, second only to the Rhino. Very durable car, will smash anything out of it's way (besides a Rhino), and looks awesome as well. Handling isn't too good though.
Benson

user posted image
Location: Next to Pay N' Spray in Vice point, near the Docks.
Speed: P
Looks: PP
Plus points(convenience): P
Additional info: Most designs look hideous, and the vehicle is only good for bashing into other vehicles. Not fast at all, and a little unstable at best.
BF Injection

user posted image
Location: You can find a BF Injection in Vice point, beside the beach behind The Standing Vice point building, which is South east of The Malibu club.
Durability: P
Looks: SH
Additional info: Awesome car, and handles extremely well on the beach, which only a few cars do on the game. The noise it makes is awesome; you can see the engine at the back of the car which makes it look sh*t hot. A very good vehicle to use, in practically any circumstances. the only downside is the durability, the car is very light, and is smoking after a few minor bumps.
Blista Compact

user posted image
Location: I have reason to believe that there is no fixed location for this vehicle, however, I have seen a few around Washington Beach.
Additional info: An average car, which doesn't look good, but handles very well and isn't slow off the mark either. And is required later on in the game. Completing quick run missions in this vehicle can be done, but I wouldn't choose this vehicle for street races etc.
Bloodring Banger

user posted image
Location: After you successfully complete Blood ring, two different types will spawn outside of the Hyman memorial stadium.
Handling: P
Additional info: This vehicle comes in two different types, and both are very similar to each other. Although not the fastest, these bashing cars are very durable and tough, and look pretty kick-ass. You may find yourself helplessly drifting around simple corners though due to the shoddy handling.

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:14 AM Edited by flicko, 15 November 2008 - 06:31 PM.

Vehicle type
Information
Bobcat

user posted image
Location: Again I don't think there's a fixed location for this vehicle, but you will probably find one near The Docks in Vice port and at Escobar international airport.
Additional info: Take's a bit of time to get going, and skids a little bit when turning, without the use of any brakes. An average car at best.
Boxville

user posted image
Location: Try looking around Fort Baxter, but make sure you are unarmed.
Additional info: If you want a strong bashing vehicle, then this is pretty good. However, for practically anything else, it isn't. It looks terrible, and the performance is pretty diabolical.
Burrito

user posted image
Location: I spent a long time looking for a Burrito, and as you can probably guess, there is no fixed location for one. I found the majority in Little Haiti/Downtown, mainly on the long stretch of road on the second island.
Additional info: To be honest this is one of the best vans on the game, behind its upgrade; The Gang Burrito. I think it looks pretty damn cool for a van, but the handling is very bad.
Bus

user posted image
Location: They usually spawn at Escobar international airport, near the Top fun vehicle.
Additional info: The bus looks like it's been deported from Malta, and it doesn't go very fast either. The only use of this vehicle is the ability to ram into other vehicles without breaking sweat, and to pick up multiple passengers waiting at the bus stop, which will in turn give you $5 per passenger.
Trivia: If you have a couple of wanted stars and a policeman actually manages to open your door, instead of busting you on the spot, he won't do anything as he is unable. Your bus will go a little out of control though.
Cabbie

user posted image
Location: Once you purchase Kaufman Cabs, there will be a couple inside the building. Otherwise check around Downtown and Ocean beach. These vehicles aren't rare, and it's possible to find one anywhere.
Additional info: Not a bad car, certainly better than the Taxi model. The handling is decent and it isn't slow either. I'd be careful when stealing one of these though, as the driver's don't run away when you throw them out, they head straight for you, so it would be best to drive away as you steal it.
Trivia: When you complete the Kaufman cabs protection ring asset, your cabbie's will be fitted with hydraulics, giving you the option to bounce up in the air. Also, when you fail a mission and re spawn at the hospital, there will be a cabbie waiting for you with an arrow hovering above the car. If you get in the passenger side or rear, then the cabbie will take you to the mission you have just failed, at a cost of $9.
Caddy

user posted image
Location: In or around Leaf links golf course. There is also one hiding in some bushes in Ocean beach, beside the lighthouse.
Durability: A
Plus points (convenience): PG
Additional info: I like the Caddy. Although it's not fast, nor doesn't look the coolest, I find myself having fun when driving around in one. Arguably they are the best vehicle for performing Two-wheel tricks with, and when topped over, they magically rotate back around to normal position 9/10. Mission wise though, this car should be at the bottom of the pecking order, along with the baggage handler. Front tyres often burst after a few bumps as well.
Cheetah

user posted image
Location: There's usually one parked outside Colonel Cortez' jetty entrance, and also parked outside the first house on the right in Starfish Island, as you enter from Washington beach.
Additional info: Many would consider the Cheetah the greatest car on Vice city. It is unbelievably rapid, has great handling and is useful for both missions and street races. It makes an electrifying noise and is just one of those highly recommended cars in VC.
Trivia:There is a police Cheetah available in game, which is fitted with a siren. To acquire it, you have to achieve a three star wanted level, and steal it from the police. But beware, they are armed with Uzis.
Coach

user posted image
Location: I usually find a coach just outside Cafe Robina, in Little Havana. But they spawn at most bus stops around Vice city.
Speed: A
Additional info: Arguably superior to the bus, the coach is a useful vehicle for bashing into other vehicles without budging. A very strong vehicle, but also very heavy on turns. If you stop at a bus stop with people waiting, and they get on, they will give you $5
Trivia: If you have a couple of wanted stars and a policeman actually manages to open your door, instead of busting you on the spot, he won't do anything as he is unable. Your bus will go a little out of control though.
Coast guard

user posted image
Location: There is only one of these on the game, although it does re spawn. It is located on a remote jetty, north of the two big ships in Vice port. It is very hard to get onto from the jetty, so the best option would be to get in another, easier accessible boat, then ride over to where the coast guard is.
Additional info: A pretty nifty boat, gets you across the waves in quick time. Doesn't have a radio fitted, only police coverage, but is an average boat overall.
Comet

user posted image
Location: There is usually one outside Leaf links golf course. There's also one on Starfish Island. As you enter from Washington beach, take the first right and then when you get to the second house on the left you'll find the comet in the garage.
Plus points (convenience): SH
Additional info: Probably a faster car than the Cheetah, and has just as good handling ability. Another high recommendation for street races and missions. One of the greatest cars on the game. Major plus point is the retractable roof, where, if you enter the vehicle via the drivers side, you can just jump over the door and straight into the seat, giving you that quicker start than most other cars.

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:15 AM Edited by flicko, 14 April 2009 - 07:39 AM.

Vehicle type
Information
Cuban Hermes

user posted image
Location: There isn't a fixed location, but they do often spawn in Little Havana, which is home to the Cubans.
Additional info: Great car, and pretty fast too. Much faster then the regular Hermes. It looks fierce, and what's more is that flames actually come out of each side of the car when accelerating. Be careful when stealing one though, as the Cubans won't hold back and will try to steal it back off of you. So again the best thing to do is to drive away as soon as you enter the car.
Trivia: You can actually acquire a bulletproof Cuban Hermes by stealing it on the mission 'Guardian angels'.
Cuban Jetmax

user posted image
Location: After you purchase the boatyard, it will be in the water on the right sided jetty.
Additional info: One of the fastest boats on the game, second only to the Squallo. The Jetmax breezes over the water smoothly, and bounces off of the waves as the front rises up, which looks brilliant. The massive engine at the back only adds to its good looks. The handling is a little stiff, but once you get used to it is pretty easy to control, and the boat is a useful addition to the game.
Deluxo

user posted image
Location: After you complete the first list of cars at Sunshine autos, the Deluxo will appear in your car showroom.
Additional info: Really fast car, and is a reliable vehicle in street races. Some say it's the closest vehicle in VC to the Delorean, although it doesn't have it's attributes. tounge.gif
Dinghy

user posted image
Location: You'll find the Dinghy on a remote jetty behind a row of houses, beside the construction site you demolish in the mission 'Demolition man', in Vice point. There is another Dinghy in Vicepoint, this tme on the jetty overlooking the Malibu club.
Plus points (convenience): A
Additional info: This boat isn't really of any decent use. However, if you fancy a nice stroll along the oceans of Vice city, whilst enjoying the views and scenery, then the Dinghy will be very useful. This small, compact boat isn't very durable or powerful but it's a nice little asset.
Enforcer

user posted image
Location: Once you achieve 4 wanted stars Enforcers will be chasing you down. Try and steal one from the police
Additional info: Very durable vehicle, and very hard to get hold of. These vehicles batter through any regular vehicle, and give you the benefit of other road users moving out of your way if you activate the sirens. Handling's a little heavy, because the vehicle is heavy, but the strength of the vehicle makes up for the lacklustre handling. You also gain some armour when you enter the Enforcer, if it isn't already at maximum.
Esperanto

user posted image
Location: No fixed location, however try looking in either Vice point or Little Havana.
Additional info: I don't like the Esperanto at all. I hate how long it is, I hate how it performs and I also hate its name. The only use of it is that it's needed for Sunshine autos. It's not the slowest though, and definitely not the weakest.
Faggio

user posted image
Location: You'll find a Faggio in Washington beach, parked up on the sidewalk on the road leading to the pole position club. There's also one beside Ken Rosenberg's office in Washington beach. And one spawns in Vicepoint, just north of the Pay N' Spray beside a skip.
Additional info: The faggio's are pretty slow, but if you tilt Tommy forward whilst going flat out, the Faggio becomes rapidly fast. And it is undoubtedly the best vehicle to use for doing Stoppie tricks, which of course give you money.
FBI Rancher

user posted image
Location: Achieve a five star wanted level and they shall appear, then you have to somehow steal one.
Additional info: Not only are these vehicles extremely powerful, fitted with a siren and look pretty cool, but they sometimes can withstand ramming into a Rhino, and not blowing up. This is rare though, but possible. These vehicles are very tough, and can ram most cars out of their way. They would be very useful for missions.
FBI Washington

user posted image
Location: Although it's called the Washington, you won't find this car in Washington beach. There is only one place you can find this vehicle, and that's down an alley behind the pizza place in Downtown. Follow the alley around and you should see a gap in the wall, which is where the Washington is located.
Additional info: You do actually have the ability to complete Vigilante missions in this vehicle, and it is indeed fitted with a siren, so other road users will move out of your way if it is activated. The car is pretty fast, and handles fairly well, and overrall isn't a bad car at all.
Flatbed

user posted image
[b]Location: Search around Viceport.
Additional info: Another vehicle which falls under the "only good for bashing" criteria. These vehicles are relatively rare and are usually loaded with boxes of goods.

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:16 AM Edited by flicko, 14 April 2009 - 07:40 AM.

Vehicle type
Information
Firetruck

user posted image
Location: At the fire station in Downtown. If it doesn't show, then drive around the block and return until it does. Or alternatively, if you set people or vehicles on fire with a Molotov cocktail or flamethrower, then a firetruck will show up to extinguish the fire, giving you the opportunity to steal it.
Additional info: A little slow off the mark, but once this gets going it's very fast, the handling is shocking, and requires heavy braking for simple turns. The plus points of this are that not only do you get sirens fitted; you can also shoot water out of the hose on top of the truck at burning vehicles and pedestrians, sending them flying into the air. Awesome.
Freeway

user posted image
Location: There is one in Vice point, just North of El Swanko casa, on the corner of a street.
Additional info: I think the Freeway is better than The Angel, but that's just me. Although the handling is poor, the bike is very fast and durable, and looks very swish. The Freeway and Angel are very similar in terms of looks, but you can tell them apart by the bags on the back of Angels, and quadruple exhausts on the Freeway.
Gang Burrito

user posted image
Location: One will be parked outside of the central green building on Prawn Island.
Additional info: I was contemplating giving the Gang Burrito a SH for it's looks, because it really does look quality. It's a typical gang style van, and the fastest on the game. The noise the vehicle makes is like a sports car, and it has a spoiler fitted to the back. And what's more is that it has a teddy bear wearing a hockey mask sat on top! Brilliant. However, the vehicles handling is pretty bad, and you'll be forced to brake sharply if you enter bends too quickly.
Glendale

user posted image
Location: I find this vehicle usually on the long stretch of road leading to Downtown, and actually in Downtown.
Additional info: The Glendale is a ridiculous vehicle name if you ask me, and it doesn't perform much better than its name. It's isn't the slowest vehicle, but the handling and looks are very much average, edging on the poor factor. Although not the best car, definitely not the worst.
Greenwood

user posted image
Location: I don't think there's a fixed location for this vehicle, but have found a few in Ocean and Washington beach.
Additional info: This vehicle is pretty similar to the Glendale, and has an equally shocking name. It looks dated, but overall performs a lot better than the Glendale. Pretty satisfactory would be an accurate summary.
Hermes

user posted image
Location: In Washington beach head south of Rafaelís., and then on the opposite side of the underground thing you should see a Hermes parked outside a set of flats. The top of the flats are where you complete PCJ playground and a chopper checkpoint, and on the opposite side of where the Hermes is located is Apartment 3c and a Pay N' Spray.
Additional info: The Hermes gives me the impression that everyone in VC who drives one is a Paul bearer. It gives you that creepy effect. The car sounds heavy, but doesn't perform too bad. The handling is a little stiff, and precautions need to be taken when you take a sharp bend in this vehicle.
Hotring racer

user posted image
Location: In order to acquire the Hotring racer, you have to complete all four car lists at Sunshine Autos, and it will then be available upstairs in the car showroom.
Additional info: Undoubtedly the fastest car on the game. This car is well worth the wait, it is extremely fast, and handles extremely well for how fast it goes. It looks radical, and sounds and performs like a beast. If I were to enter a street race, the only car I'd pick is the Hotring racer.
Hunter

user posted image
[b]Location: The hunter spawns at fort Baxter if you complete the story or if you get 100 hidden packages. The hunter will also spawn at the Ocean beach helipad (neat Vic Vanceís' safe house in VCS, across from the Cathedral if you haven't played VCS), if you complete both of the above.
Additional info: The perfect vehicle. Period. By far the greatest vehicle on the game. Not only is it ferociously fast, but sounds amazing, has rocket launchers and machine guns fitted and handles extremely well. It's performance is simply impeccable, and it fully deserves it's perfect scores. Well worth collecting hidden packages for this.
Idaho

user posted image
Location: Again a vehicle with no fixed location, but you should be able to find some around Little Haiti.
Additional info: An average car, which doesn't look good, and in all honesty doesn't perform good either. The low ratings are pretty accurate, as this vehicle is definitely not many people's preferred car.
Infernus

user posted image
Location: There'll be one outside Diaz/Vercetti's mansion, just in front of the garage. There is also one in North point mall, which is being given away in a prize draw.
Additional info: One of few cars that fits into the 'fastest cars in game' category. Many people would consider this car to be the greatest on the game, but I found the handling to be a major let down for me. The excessive use of the hand brake, and constant skidding in normal weather conditions seems a little below par for this speedster. Still rapid though.

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:18 AM Edited by flicko, 14 April 2009 - 07:41 AM.

Vehicle type
Information
Landstalker

user posted image
Location: The Landstalker can be found at the Dirt bike track in Downtown, not too far away from the Hyman memorial stadium.
Additional info: The Landstalker is a lot smaller then the Rancher, and is a little slower, arguably. It is also very unstable on sharp turns, and often topples over, forcing you to exit as it sets on fire. Plus points about it are that you use this vehicle to complete the side mission 'Test track', which is good fun, and it is required for Sunshine autos. Doesn't look too bad, and overall performs adequately.
Linerunner

user posted image
Location: Head to Viceport, then as you enter from the North it should be parked up beside the backs of immobile lorries. It's west of the first big ship.
Additional info: A very useful vehicle if you want to bash into cars ferociously. A Very large and strong vehicle, which actually makes it extremely slow and stiff at turning. Takes its time to get going and when it finally does it's pretty terrible. But still, nothing will get in your way!
Love fist

user posted image
Location: You can acquire the Love fist limo only by keeping hold of one after you've used it on a Love fist mission. And on the Xbox it spawns beside the V-rock recording studio after you've completed the Love fist missions.
Additional info: The love fist limo is rare, but a decent vehicle to drive. It's pretty speedy, very good at handling and looks amazing, with the engine showing at the front. The car makes a ferocious noise when in motion, and the vehicle is pretty sturdy as well.
Manana

user posted image
Location: There is no fixed location, but I'm pretty sure you'll find one in Little Haiti
Additional info: There's one word which can describe this car best; sh*t! It really is. The only reason its handling is immaculate is because of how slow and mediocre the vehicle is. I try to avoid it at all costs, and only drive it when it is a necessity, as there is nothing about it that will help you in any way.
Marquis

user posted image
Location: It is on the same Jetty as Colonel Cortez' boat, at the Docks in Viceport. The Northernmost gates to the docks will be locked until you unlock the second Island. So, if you want the Marquis, you'll have to jump the gap from the first jetty, to the second jetty where Cortez' yacht, and the Marquis is located.
Additional info: This boat causes nothing but boredom to the player. It's speed and handling is quite frankly abysmal, and it takes an eternity to even begin to reverse. It's so long that it actually shows on the bridges it's going under, and it also causes annoying camera views for the player. In my opinion the worst boat in the game.
Maverick

user posted image
Location: Mavericks will be on helipads at both Diaz/Vercettis mansion, and on top of Hyman Condo after purchase.
Additional info: With the ability to overlook Vice city and also cover the whole of vice city much faster than any vehicle can, any helicopter is going to be a joy to fly. And the Maverick is no exception. Once you get the grasp of flying a helicopter, which could take some time, you may find yourself constantly using the Maverick to get from A to B in quick time. They are in convenient locations as well. Also, if you lean forward a bit so that the rotating blades are facing forward, and then hit people with the blades you will instantly kill them, sending them flying with blood spewing on the way. Great entertainment.
Trivia:If you can manage to get the maverick into a Pay N' Spray, it will come out with wheels!
Mesa Grande

user posted image
Additional info: You've got to love the Mesa Grande. As you can see, it's fast, has immaculate handling, and looks pretty swish too. It is convertible, and makes a deadly engine noise. A very decent, if rare vehicle.
Moonbeam

user posted image
[B]Location: Either in Downtown or Little Havana. Again no fixed location.
Additional info: Definitely a family car. This 7 seater doesn't look too attractive, and doesn't perform too attractively either. Very average at best.
Mr. Whoopee

user posted image
Location: You can drive the Mr. Whoopee ice-cream van when you purchase the Cherry popper ice cream factory for $20,000.
Additional info: Mr. Whoopee looks awesome with the constant sexual references(example being the two creams on top of the vehicle resembling a womanís cleavage). And not only that, you get to sell ice creams to people, by activating the jingle, who in turn give you money. The vehicle isn't very fast, but it isn't designed to be, and is a comical addition to the vehicle list.
Trivia: The ice creams you actually sell are filled with illegal drugs, so after a few sales you may find that you have a wanted star. In that case I'd drive away from the area you are currently in.
Mule

user posted image
Additional info: This vehicle is similar to the Benson and Boxville, but also much better than the Benson and Boxville in terms of performance. It sounds better, looks better and is a faster vehicle than both, but the handling is short of atrocious, especially in wet conditions.

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:19 AM Edited by flicko, 14 April 2009 - 07:43 AM.

Vehicle type
Information
Oceanic

user posted image
Location: Outside of your very first property; Ocean view hotel.
Additional info: This car handles terribly in the rain, so try your best to avoid it when it is raining. Apart from that the car is relatively average, and is very similar to the Glendale. It looks pretty terrible, and isn't very fast, but isn't a bad car by no means.
Packer

user posted image
[b]Location: In the film studio on Prawn Island, at Escobar international airport, beside the terminal building and at the Viceport Authority site in, you guessed it, Viceport.
Additional info: A very slow moving, and extremely long vehicle which is difficult and somewhat annoying to manoeuvre. However, it is fitted with practically its own ramp, so you can perform tricks with other vehicles by driving up the Packer. You can also perform a Super jump using the Packer as well. So it's not all useless.
Patriot

user posted image
Location: In a empty building at Phil's place in Little Haiti, or at the Film studio, behind the wooden scenes from GTAIII on Prawn Island.
Additional info: I like the Patriot. It looks funky, it is pretty quick for its size, makes a decent sound, has good handling and decent durability.
PCJ 600

user posted image
Location: There is one located in Downtown, directly across from Big Mitch Baker's 'The Greasy chopper', behind a shard of glass in a shop called 'Howlin' Pete's Bike emporium'. All you have to do is smash the glass with either another vehicle, or a gun of sorts. You can also locate the PCJ in Vice point, just south of the Malibu club hiding in the corner of a building. It is also a side mission; 'PCJ Playground'. There is also one at the docks (where Colonel Cortez' yacht is located) in Washington beach. And finally, there is one just north of the Pay N' Spray in Washington beach, in the right corner of a parking lot, in which there is a block of stairs where you drive up as you complete 'PCJ Playground'.
Additional info: Undoubtedly the fastest motorbike on Vice city, and probably the fastest road vehicle on the game, especially when you duck forward. The PCJ provides endless entertainment, whether it is regarding stunting, 'PCJ Playground', racing, completing Unique and super jumps or completing missions. This is a fantastic addition to the game, and lots of fun.
Trivia: You can make Tommy stand up on the PCJ, and never fall off, even when he bangs into objects or other vehicles. To do this, head to downtown, and then go to the Pizza place, when there head north a bit until you get to Jocksport, where they'll be a clothes icon. Now, stop your bike so that the front wheel is just touching the clothes icon, then get off the bike, and back on. If you do this correctly then you will notice that Tommy is now standing up, and you can still ride the PCJ like normal, but Tommy will never fall off, until you dismount.
Perennial

user posted image
Location: I believe there is no fixed location, but have found some floating around Vicepoint and Little Haiti.
Additional info: This car looks horrific, definitely one for the older generation. the car is slow, but does handle pretty well. A very average vehicle.
Phoenix

user posted image
Location: As you enter Starfish Island from Washington beach, take your first right. It is located in a garage on the third house on the right. To get to it, either go down the alley beside the wall, and then go through the gap on the right, or get a vehicle and park it up beside the wall, and then jump over the wall using the vehicle as your aid.
Additional info: Yet again one of those vehicles that fits into the 'fastest vehicles on Vice city' criteria. The car looks and sounds awesome, with some designs sporting Racing stripes and some not, it also handles decently and is a very good performer. Ideal for street races and quickfire missions.
Trivia: If you take a look at the front of the Phoenix, and then look at the car used in the TV series 'Knightrider', you'll notice a striking similarity.
Pizza Boy

user posted image
Location: Beside all three pizza places in Vicepoint, Little Haiti and Downtown
Additional info: As soon as you mount the Pizza boy, you will immediately begin the 'pizza boy' missions, which can be fun, but also tedious. You can cancel the missions by pressing the sub mission button. These bikes are extremely fast when you duck Tommy forward, and are the best vehicles to use when performing stoppie tricks. they are a little sensitive though, and if you skid too sharply or slightly band into anything, chances are you're going to fall off. So it is important to be careful.
Police

user posted image
Location: Outside of all four Police stations, in Washington beach, Vice point, Little Havana and Downtown. Sometimes they may be locked though.
Additional info: A very fast and efficient vehicle. Fitted sirens will give you the option to go flat out in busy areas without banging into other cars. The downside is the handling is pretty bad. You will find yourself skidding when making simple turns which don't require the use of the brakes, so I think it's safe to say that this vehicle is best off avoided in wet conditions. I wouldn't use the police car for street races either, due to the abysmal handling.
Trivia: If you are going to steal a police car from a cop, make sure you try to open the passenger, forcing the cop to get out and chase you, then quickly get in and drive off. If you attempt to open the door from the drivers side, the cop will get out and bust you. Once entered, it will give you a shotgun, with 5 shots available from it.
Police Maverick

user posted image
Location: There will be one in Downtown, on top of the Police department.
Additional info: Although this is a FBI vehicle, you cannot complete Vigilante missions in this, and although when you have a three star wanted level, and the police maverick bgins to shoot at you, this police maverick isn't actually fitted with a machine gun. Still, it's very fast, and like all helicopters, will get you from A to B quicker than cars will. Added bonus is the rotating blades on top, which provide lots of entertainment if you pierce a pedestrian with them.
Pony

user posted image
Location: At the Docks in Viceport, just across from the Boatyard.
Additional info: These vehicles are pretty rare to get a hold of. They aren't very fast, and judging by the stats I've given it, an adequate vehicle at best. Not as fast as the Burrito, but faster then the Rumpo.

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:21 AM Edited by flicko, 14 April 2009 - 07:44 AM.

Vehicle type
Information
Predator

user posted image
[b]Location: At the edge of the bridge in Leaf links, you should see a gap somewhere, which is some stairs leading downwards to a remote jetty. The Predator is at the jetty.
Additional info: Although this is and FBI vehicle, you cannot complete Vigilante missions in this, as it is a boat. This is the only boat that is fitted with double machine guns, which is fantastic for causing carnage out at sea.
Rancher

user posted image
Additional info: A much larger vehicle than the Landstalker, but very similar in terms of performance. It is arguably faster than the Landstalker, and handles a lot better when taking sharp bends, albeit with a few skids here and there..
RC Bandit

user posted image
Location: At the Northernmost end of the beach, you'll see a race track, and a Top fun van. Enter the van and you will be in control of the bandit.
Additional info: The sole purpose of this vehicle is to race. However, it does have a self destruct button, which, if detonated near a cop or a pedestrian, will blow them to pieces. The downside is that the Bandit only has a small range from where you can ride it from the Top fun van, and if you go too far out of range it will self destruct automatically. And if other RC Bandits finish the course before you do, then you will lose the bandit and be in control of the Top fun van again.
Trivia: The Bandit can actually drive under vehicles and come out of the other side, it's that small.
RC Baron

user posted image
Location: On top of the North point mall car park, in Vicepoint. Enter the Top Fun van in the corner of the roof.
Additional info: Much like the Bandit, the sole purpose of this vehicle is to race. However, it does have a self destruct button, which, if detonated near a cop or a pedestrian, will blow them to pieces. It also has a short flying range, so if you fly too far out of range it will self destruct itself, and, like the Bandit, if other racers finish the race as you are flying, then you will lose control of the RC plane and be in control of the Top fun van.
RC Raider

user posted image
Location: At Escobar international airport, beside the Freight and Cargo terminal is a Top fun van. Get in the van to control the Raider.
Additional info: The last of the remote controlled vehicles in the game. The Raider is undoubtedly the worst of the three, an takes a while to et a grip of the handling, as it's very loose. Like the other RC vehicles, the raider has a self destruct button, and will also self destruct if you fly too far out of range.
Trivia: There is another RC chopper, this one is called the RC Goblin, and is only available during the mission 'Demolition man'. It has the same attributes as the raider, but a magnet at the bottom, for the purpose of the mission. Tha handling of the Goblin is also far superior to the Raider, as you don't have to be so careful when leaning forward during flight. Image.
Reefer

user posted image
Location: It is on the same Jetty as Colonel Cortez' boat, at the Docks in Viceport. The Northernmost gates to the docks will be locked until you unlock the second Island. So, if you want the Reefer, you'll have to jump the gap from the first jetty, to the second jetty where Cortez' yacht, and the Reefer is located.
Additional info: Although this boat isn't much smaller than the Marquis, it handles and performs much better. It is very slow, but good at handling, and is very useful if you want a nice stroll along the seas of Vice city.
Regina

user posted image
Location: This car is particularly rare, and it doesn't have a fixed location. However, you will probably find some in Little Haiti or Downtown.
Additional info: One of the oldest looking vehicles on the game. Definitely not a car for the younger generation. It doesn't perform too well, and has an average top speed.
Rhino

user posted image
Location: Collect 90 hidden packages and it will spawn at Fort Baxter air base.
Additional info: Although I've marked down The Rhinos speed as average, if you turn the turret around to face behind the way you are travelling, and constantly shoot rockets out of the turret without pressing the accelerator button, the Rhino becomes, arguably, the fastest vehicle on the game. Nothing can destroy the Rhino, any other vehicle that touches the Rhino, aside from other Rhinos, will explode immediately. It has rockets which fire out of the turret which blow vehicles up immediately, and it's tires are stinger-proof. The Rhino is bulletproof, flameproof and practically indestructible. It's a great vehicle choice for completing Vigilante missions, causing total carnage, completing missions and even completing Unique jumps. The colossus of Vice city.
Rio

user posted image
Location: It is on the Northernmost jetty in Viceport, near Colonel Cortez' yacht. To get there, you must have unlocked the second island to unlock the gates.
Additional info: An average boat, which handles extremely well, but is also very slow. I'd say this boat is a better choice than the Marquis, but I wouldn't place it above the Reefer.
Romeros Hearse

user posted image
Location: The only time this is in the game is during the mission 'Two bit hit', you have to somehow steal it.
Additional info: The Hearse isn't a good performing car. After only a few bumps it is on fire, and it skids around bends, and occasionally topples over to one side. Not recommended for completing missions, but the plus is that there's a coffin in the back!

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:22 AM Edited by flicko, 16 November 2008 - 08:39 AM.

Vehicle type
Information
Rumpo

user posted image
Location: Behind the Malibu club, and in front of the second large ship in Viceport.
Durability: P
Additional info: The Rumpo is primarily a works van. It doesn't handle too badly, but often topples over when taking minor, and sharp turns. The tyres are very unstable, and you have to be careful when driving it.
Sabre

user posted image
Location: I don't think there's a fixed location for the Sabre, but have often found one in Vicepoint, near Avery Carringtons construction site, and in Vicepoint.
Additional info: The Sabre makes a deadly noise, and is fast off the mark too. A very efficient vehicle, and would be very useful in missions, and possibly street races for the better drivers of Vice city.
Sabre Turbo

user posted image
Location: It will be in Sunshine autos car showroom after you complete the second list of wanted vehicles.
Additional info: The racing stripe along the middle of the car, and the extra speed and superior durability is what makes the Sabre turbo different from the Sabre. As you can see, the Turbo has a great performance. Another efficient addition to the family.
Sanchez

user posted image
Location: Near the Hyman Memorial stadium, there will be a dirt track, the Sanchez is on the track. You'll also find some around Downtown.
Plus points (convenience): SH
Additional info: The Sanchez is a great bike on the game. It's fast, has decent handling, and is the best vehicle on the game for completing wheelie tricks. Also, you use the Sanchez to complete the 'Trial by dirt' mini mission at the dirt track in Downtown, which is always fun.
Sandking

user posted image
Location: In order to locate the Sandking, you have to successfully complete the third car list at Sunshine Autos, and it will be in the upstairs department of your showroom.
Additional info: This is exactly what it says on the tin; The king of the sand. No vehicle can perform better on the sand than the Sandking. This is one of my favourite vehicles on the game, it sounds awesome, is fast and also extremely strong and durable, and is the closest vehicle on the game to a monster truck, as it just rides over vehicles in its way. Great fun.
Sea sparow

user posted image
Location: Collect 80 hidden packages, and it will spawn at Diaz/Vercettis mansion.
Additional info: You have to do a lot to unlock the sea sparrow, but it is definitely worth it. It's fast, good at handling and doesn't look too bad either. And what's more is that you can actually land this on water, which no other helicopter on the game can do. And also, it has a machine gun attached to the front, which is completely deadly. If it weren't for the Hunter, this would definitely be my favourite flying vehicle on the game.
Securicar

user posted image
Additional info: As it is primarily for security purposes, it should be tough, and it certainly is. Nothing gets in your way, and the vehicle has fantastic durability as well as its sheer power. Pretty slow to get going though.
Trivia: On the side and back of the vehicle it reads 'Gruppe sechs', anything come to mind...!? Also, if you manage to break the back doors off, you will see boxes that read 'Loot'.
Sentinel

user posted image
Location: Beside your save point in the showroom of sunshine Autos.
Additional info: Not a bad vehicle at all. It performs pretty similarly to the Admiral, although I think it is a tad better. Not as good as its upgrade, the Sentinel XS. This vehicle would be useful for missions, and maybe even for street races.
Sentinel XS

user posted image
Location: In the car park beside the Vice city transport police in Viceport.
Additional info: A slightly superior upgrade to the Sentinel, the XS is faster, has better handling and, in my opinion, looks much better. It also sounds like a demon, and it's twin exhausts and spoiler fitted to the back make it complete. Like the Sentinel, the XS would be very useful for competing in street races and completing missions. A very good car.
Skimmer

user posted image
Location: After you successfully complete the film studio mission 'Dildo dodo', it will spawn on a jetty beside the film studio.
Additional info: The only flyable plane on the game. The Skimmer is fast, but a surprising amount of people struggle terribly getting used to correctly maneuvering the skimmer, so practise is require if you want to be an ace. It looks pretty vintage, and is able to land on water, which is always a major plus point. The major downside is that it's unable to land on land, which is why it's not getting that elusive SH beside convenience. It Will, however, get you from A to B, and even C quicker than any vehicle.

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:24 AM

Vehicle type
Information
Spand Express

user posted image
Location: This vehicle only becomes available during the missions 'Riot', and 'Jury fury'.
Additional info: A rare vehicle, as you can only get hold of one during two missions. They are a little better than the Benson, Yankee and Mule, but don't perform that good. They are strong, and have decent handling though.
Sparrow

user posted image
Location: There are four fixed locations for the sparrow, as they are used for Chopper checkpoint missions. The first one can be found in Ocean Beach, on top of a building where you collect the final checkpoint for 'PCJ playground'. The second one is just down an alley beside Links View apartment in Vice point. The third one can be found in Downtown, on the building you enter during the mission 'G spotlight', for the film studio. And the final one can be found in Little Haiti on top of a building called 'Riverside pavillion'. To get to it, go to the back of the building and you will see some large crates, you have to jump up the crates and onto the roof where the sparrow is located.
Additional info: The sparrow is as good as the Sea sparrow, except it doesn't have a machine gun fitted to the front, and cannot land on water. It's fast, has exceptional handling and is a very efficient helicopter. And also provides entertainment when on the Chopper checkpoint missions.
Speeder

user posted image
Location: You gain access to the Speeder after you successfully complete Cortez' final mission; 'All hands on deck!'. You get to use the Speeder immediately after the mission, and it will spawn where Cortez' yacht used to be at the jetty.
Additional info: Although the Speeder is actually slower than the Cuban Jetmax and the Squallo, I think overall it is the best boat on the game. It's extremely fast, and the handling is exceptional on water. If you happen to want a smooth stroll over the water, then the Speeder is the boat for you. Great vehicle.
Squallo

user posted image
Additional info: The Squallo is the fastest boat on the game. It looks sh*t hot with the spoiler, handles pretty well and is overall a very good boat. It is also the boat you use when completing the mission 'Checkpoint Charlie', along with the Cuban Jetmax.
Stallion

user posted image
Location: You'll find a Stallion on top of the Multi-story car park in Washington beach. Once entered, it triggers the mission 'Cone crazy'.
Additional info: Not a bad vehicle. The Stallion comes with a soft top, which sometimes isn't there which gives you easy access to entering the vehicle. It is also the vehicle used for the mini mission 'Cone crazy', which is both fun and rewarding, and it isn't too slow off the mark either. The Stallion does skid a bit when turning though.
Stinger

user posted image
Location: On Starfish Island it's at the house just east of the R* shaped pool. You can't get there without jumping over the wall with a car though.
Additional info: The Stinger, along with the Cheetah and Sandking, is my favourite vehicle on the game. It falls into the top 5 fastest land vehicles on the game criteria, handles exceptionally well, looks sh*t hot and has no roof, making your entrance to the Stinger quicker and easier, giving that head start over the rest. A very good choice for missions and street races, as well as evading the law. Grade A vehicle.
Stretch

user posted image
Additional info: With the Stretch you'll look like one of the wealthiest and sophisticated people in Vice city. It's very long, but handles pretty well. The Stretch is very slow off the mark, and isn't too fast at top speed either, but it is pretty durable, and is required for later on in game.
Taxi

user posted image
Location: Taxis spawn everywhere, but I find the majority of mine in Ocean and Washington beach.
Additional info: The Taxi is the cabbies main rival, and is arguably faster than the Cabbie. It handles that bit better, and also has hydraulics fitted after you complete 100 fares, so that when you press the horn button, it jumps up into the air. The Taxi is great for taking hostages into your vehicle, and isn't a bad choice for completing missions either.
Top Fun

user posted image
Location: The top fun has three fixed locations. The first one is in Vice point, on the beach beside a race track. The second one is also in Vice point, on top of the multi-story car park beside the North point mall. And the third one is at Escobar international airport, beside the Freight and Cargo terminal.
Additional info: The name is what the van produces; Top fun! Every time you enter a Top fun van, it triggers the RC challenges, which are a lot of fun. The Top fun is similar to the Pony, and performs very similarly as well. It's not slow, but is terrible at taking bends fast, and doesn't look too cool.
Trivia: The logo on the side of the van, and the vehicles name is a reference to the film 'Top gun', starring Tom Cruise.
Trashmaster

user posted image
Additional info: The trashmaster is a very strong, and very slow vehicle. It handles well for it's size, and unfortunately you cannot complete missions in this vehicle, compared to other GTAs. This is a very useful vehicle for certain missions.

Continued...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:25 AM Edited by flicko, 12 December 2008 - 02:54 PM.

Vehicle type
Information
Tropic

user posted image
Location: It's located behind Mercedes apartment in Vicepoint, across from Leaf links.
Additional info: Although this boat is large, it moves pretty fast along the water, and doesn't handle too bad either. But it's size can also be a problem, as it is too large to fit under certain bridges, but there's always another route.
VCN Maverick

user posted image
Location: On top of the VCN building in Downtown. As soon as you enter Downtown from Prawn Island, it's the first building on the right.
Additional info: The VCN maverick is primarily for media coverage purposes, and is slightly smaller than the Maverick and Police maverick. It's just as fast as those, and it's handling is a little light. The VCN Maverick doesn't come with a radio either, just police coverage.
Virgo

user posted image
Location: I've found some around Little Havana and Little Haiti, there is no fixed location for one of these.
Additional info: The Virgo is a pretty basic vehicle. It is a rare vehicle though. It's performance, as you can see, isn't great but it's certainly not bad either. I wouldn't recommend the Virgo for Street races, but it would be an adequate choice for missions.
Voodoo

user posted image
Additional info: A decent vehicle. The Voodoo is fast and looks pretty sweet as well. It is the Haitian gangs chosen car. It has a very light hydraulics system, giving you the option to raise and lower the vehicle.
Walton

user posted image
Location: There is no fixed location for the Walton, but I have found some in Viceport, near the docks.
Additional info: The Walton is a pretty rare vehicle, and is pretty basic, like the Virgo. Nothing about this vehicle stands out, but it certainly isn't a bad vehicle to use.
Washington

user posted image
Location: In Downtown and Starfish Island. No fixed location.
Additional info: Not as fast as the FBI Washington, and doesn't perform as good either. I consider Washingtons to be relatively rare, but they aren't a bad vehicle to drive at all.
Yankee

user posted image
Location: Search in Viceport, near the Docks. Alternatively, there will be one every time you do the PCJ playground side mission. As you trael through the checkpoints one will deliberately drive in front of you to try and block you off. If you want it get off the bike and steal it.
Additional info: The Yankee is slightly larger then the Benson, Mule and Boxville, and in my opinion, performs worse than all of them. It tends to drift to the side when making simple turns, isn't fast at all and looks hideous.
Zebra cab

user posted image
Location: Inside Kaufman cabs after you complete the protection ring asset.
Additional info: I love the Zebra cab. The name of it is awesome, as it looks nothing like a Zebra, it's actually the colour of a tiger, it's really fast, makes a deadly noise, has great handling, is tough and when you complete the taxi missions, is fitted with hydraulics so that when you press the horn button, it shoots up into the air. Fantastic!

So that's it, the complete list of all the vehicles in Vice city. A total of 99 vehicles, which consist of 79 cars, 9 boats, 6 helicopters, 1 aeroplane and 4 remote controlled vehicles, all here in this one topic. The final thing I'm going to add is a list of all the random car spawn locations in Vice city, so that searching for a certain vehicle becomes that bit easier-

-Vicepoint
  • The multi-story car park beside North point mall
  • Across from Avery Carringtons construction site, in the garden of a set of apartments
  • Car park beside where you kill gonzalez, near the Malibu club
  • Beside 3321 Vicepoint
  • Car park beside mall, just south from 3321 Vicepoint
  • West of 3321 vicepoint, outside a building
  • East of VCPD building is a parked car outside a building
  • Links view apartment
  • Just outside North point mall, beside gap in a wall leading to prawn island
-Ocean Beach
  • Across from cortez' yacht is underground car park
  • South east of Pay N' Spray, beside the road
  • There will be vehicles parked up along the sidewalk, on the same long stretch of road where Ocean view hotel is located
  • Across the road from Rafaels is a parked vehicle
-Washington Beach
  • Washington mall multi-story car park, and car park beside the mall
  • Across from the demolition site, where the Top fun van is located during the mission 'Demolition man'
  • Outside Bunch of Tools
  • Beside the Bunch of Tools shop is a stairway leading to some buildings. A car will spawn outside of the first building
  • Outside Ken rosenbergs office
  • The multi-story car park where you meet Lance and do cone crazy
-Downtown
  • Car park, across from Love fist concert showing
  • Moist palms hotel car park
  • In the fire station car park
  • In 9 parking slots scattered behind the Hyman memorial stadium
-Escobar international airport
  • Car park at Escobar international airport
If there are any that I have missed off, or there are grammatical errors in this topic, please feel free to point them out. I will be updating this topic as I continue to play GTA. I'd like to finish off by thanking-

-Spuds for giving this the go ahead
-I'd also like to thank Justin and Adamcs for giving me permission to use the images from GTAVice.com.

Enjoy!

Berkley
  • Berkley

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

Awesome job! icon14.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:49 PM

Great job. This will be a handy reference. icon14.gif

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:16 PM

Great job flicko, that might come in handy. wink.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

Cheers for the comments. Glad it will help people out! icon14.gif

Added a couple more random car spawn locations in there.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

Nice job-- pinned.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for pinning this Spuds, much appreciated. smile.gif

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:06 AM Edited by radicell, 15 November 2008 - 07:26 AM.

Very good job flicko - nice job rating the vehicles too. You should, however, capitalise things such as Escobar International Airport, Baggage Handler, Zebra Cab, etc. But these are small details, also when talking about the Ambulance, you mention "both hospitals (Downtown and Ocean Beach)". As far as I remember there is a third ambulance parked at Vice Point hospital. I'm not too sure about the Little Havana hospital though, don't remember an ambulance there.

[EDIT]
Some more things:
  • You don't necessarily have to steal a Police Cheetah. I believe there is one parked behind the Little Havana police station.
  • The Enforcer is available at one of the police stations, Vice Point I believe. It's also worth adding that entering the Enforcer will automatically give you armor.
  • In the Firetruck entry, you've spelt 'breaking' instead of 'braking'.
  • The Manana isn't needed for Sunshine Autos.
  • For the RC Raider entry, you've got 'get in the fan' instead of 'get in the van'.
  • I think you got the 'Additional info' bit in the Rio entry messed up. You call it "an average car", then say that it "is required later on in the game" and that you wouldn't choose it for street races. whatsthat.gif
  • The Securicar spawns somewhere around Little Havana/Little Haiti - outside the El Banco Corrupto Grande I believe.
  • I think you mean 'elusive' not 'illusive' in the Skimmer entry - 'illusive' means something entirely different.
  • Finally, I believe there's a 4th RC vehicle - RC Goblin, the heli you use to drop bombs in Demolition Man. At the end of the vehicle list you say you've got "4 remote-controlled vehicles" so I think the Goblin is the 4th. You can't fly it around for fun or anything, but it's there in the game.
Okay, I think I'm done nitpicking.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

Very nice job. Have a cookie cookie.gif

You note the Plus Points saying "How good can a vehicle drive on the beach?"
What about Minus Points?

I was doing the fire fighter mission recently and had a few minutes on the clock and a passenger ran out onto the beach. The handling of the fire truck on the beach is so bad that I just couldn't catch him to put him out and I failed the mission sad.gif

Steve

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

Cheers for the detailed reply radicell. icon14.gif I'll capitilise everything when I have more time, but for now I've sorted out most things you have pointed out(can't believe I listed the Manana as a required vehicle for Sunshine Autos, forgot to add the Ambulance spawning in Vicepoint and wrote completely inaccurate info about the Rio!). The Ambulance doesn't appear in Little Havana.

About the locations of the Enforcer, Police Cheetah and Securicar, I've already searched high and low around the areas you have said they spawn, and never found them. I'm on the platinum version of the game, don't think that has anything to do with it as when I had the original version of the game, I never found them either. But if it is just me, and the vehicles do spawn in those locations, I'll add them in. Could I have some sort of verification for this mate?

Also, I already added information about the RC Goblin in the trivia section of the RC Raider vehicle. I'm not creating a seperate one for the Goblin, as you only can use it jut the once, and it's a bit of a bonus vehicle. As you can see though, I have added info about it.

You will also see that I haven't yet sorted out a couple of the errors you pointed out, but will get round to it as soon as possible. Thanks for the reply though mate, much appreciated. icon14.gif

I've also added another spawn location for the Cheetah, the one in Starfish Island.

Steve Crook, I think I've mentioned a lot of the vehicles minus points in the additional info section, but I am still regularly playing the game, and will update information on the vehicles the more I play the game. And thanks for the cookie, was nice! icon14.gif

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:07 AM Edited by radicell, 16 November 2008 - 03:11 AM.

Cool. You say that the RC Goblin has the same properties as the RC Raider, with a magnet. However, as far as I remember, these are actually two different vehicles - the Raider tends to flip onto its blades if you hold the Lean Forward button, while the Goblin does not. I'll try to find some info on the Police vehicles and the Securicar, I'm pretty sure they're there, but I can't check since I uninstalled my VC. I will look around the net for it though.

[EDIT]
See here - the dots around the VicePoint and LittleHavana Police Stations include Enforcer and Police Cheetah respectively. Also, you'll find a Securicar dot along the main road on the West island somewhere.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:13 AM Edited by flicko, 16 November 2008 - 08:40 AM.

Yeah, I'll say a little something about the Goblin's superior handling when I have a little more time mate. Both vehicles do seem to have the same properties, besides the handling ability.

And after looking at that map I still don't understand why time after time whenever I search for the vehicles they don't show. In 5 years of playing VC I've never seen them. I've only ever played VC on the PS2, so is that map only for PC or something?

Edit, added extra ino about the Goblin and sorted out other errors pointed out. icon14.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:33 PM Edited by flicko, 22 December 2008 - 02:31 PM.

Apologies for the double post, but CCPD has kindly provided me with the five missing vehicle images, and also created a sterling banner. I'm going to add them in when I can, but here is what he has done-

Flatbed
user posted image

Hunter
user posted image

Moonbeam
user posted image

Packer
user posted image

Predator
user posted image

To check the banner, see the first post. xmas.gif

Edit, I've added the remaining images, and I believe the topic finally looks complete.

computer g3mer
  • computer g3mer

no need for a custom user title?

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

Cool guide- best vehicles- maverick, squallo, infernus and all other boats.

Well done Flicko.

gtavices
  • gtavices

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

Nice job flicko! I'd say that you almost have all the vehicles in the game. I tried to find one that you didn't have, but couldn't find any after a couple minutes. blush.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (gtavices @ Jan 31 2009, 02:20)
Nice job flicko! I'd say that you almost have all the vehicles in the game. I tried to find one that you didn't have, but couldn't find any after a couple minutes.† blush.gif

Thanks for the positive feedback! You'll have a job on your hands if you search any more for any vehicles that I may have missed, as there isn't any (all 99 vehicles, which consist of 79 cars, 9 boats, 6 helicopters, 1 aeroplane and 4 remote controlled vehicles are all listed). The only ones not listed are the non-movable, or controllable vehicles.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

This is seriously good, flicko. Thanks for compiling this up.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

Wow man, awesome job. Much much better than the one I did a few years back.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

Cheers you two. Means a lot coming from two great VC contributors of the past. icon14.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

Apologies for the double-post (again!).

I've actually uploaded the five vehicle images kindly provided by CCPD to the Vehicles page of GTAVice.com. If at all possible, could somebody perhaps make a screenshot of the RC Goblin, so that I can also upload that to the webpage? That way I think it would really be considered complete. smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:33 PM Edited by Spuds725, 18 March 2009 - 06:20 PM.

is the goblin the one in demo man? I thought it was the same as the RC Raider-- I know they handle differently??

Assuming it is, here ya go.. (difference from raider is apparently the color)

user posted image
By Spuds725

Note

I used a save on the DL database to get to that mission real fast-- there is a slight problem with the data base list... I'll post about it to that thread...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users