Resident Evil 5

300 replies to this topic
CTDiesel
  • CTDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

Just my opinion.....

The new Resident Evil 5 game is apparently offending blacks.

http://videogames.ya...back-21/1263777

Well, it is set in Africa, so it would make sense to have African/black zombies, right? It's almost as if they will look for anything they possibly can to play the race card. For chrissakes, we just elected an African American president whether people like it or not. Many people have claimed that Obama's election proves that racism is dead in America. I beg to differ...it exists, and it will continue to exist...especially when some have to keep pulling the same foolish race card over and over again every time there is the slightest hint of offense to their race.

We're never going to get along as long as there are people who make something of nothing.

And we wonder why people around the world crack on us so bad.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:06 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 09 November 2008 - 09:08 AM.

I'm sick and tired of this black oversensitive bullsh*t. So zombies are black in Africa... Duh, what do you expect confused.gif
But if the main character was black and zombies were white they would have no problem with that.
People who said RE5 it's racist deserve to be shot on the spot

Fact is, all this racism period is over. There are some racists in the world on both black and white side. But don't blame it on the game it's f*ckin' childish angry.gif

Zook
  • Zook

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

what the hell its okay in movies but not in games

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

lol that is stupid indeed. The whole ''ohhh they're all black! that's racism!'' thought never once crossed my mind dozingoff.gif Wern't all past games white zombie type beings? but now it's black people, can't have that now. Like you guys said, it's set in Africa ffs

I think paranoia of racism causes more problems than actual racism itself noawdays, that's how I see it.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

This world is definitely f*cked up.

It's ok to shoot white people but as soon as a game has a character shooting anyone other than whites it's racist.

88survivor
  • 88survivor

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

Well, this game looks cool to me. It looks rather difficult, though. It looks 20x times the mob than the Spanish villagers. I played God knows how many times I played Biohazard and I wasn't the least offended, plus I'm half Spanish. It's just a video game. It is not the end of the world. Plus, they don't look like zombies. They look a mob to me.

Cronyne
  • Cronyne

^ That's a squirrel, not a cat. >_>

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

"Black people in Africa? Impossible!"

But yes, this racism issue is past... Capcom has slapped some white folks into Africa. Cause white people are a very common occurrence EVERYWHERE.

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

You kill black people in Far Cry 2. FC2 didn't get loads of sh*t on it. How come this sh*t is happening to Resident Evil 5?

And yeah, topic starter is a retard.

TheTank is having a bad day and leaves GTAF now.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

Best part is that this game is produced by Japanese.

...racist scum

Drag_Drift
  • Drag_Drift

I'll rape you with a broomstick.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

LOL racist when zombies are black, and NOT racist when zombies are white.

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

So are they doing ahead with keeping zombies black?
I might think about getting it, online co-op looks good so i dont have to go through the horror on my own colgate.gif

Moncai
  • Moncai

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Racism? More like logic. If they were shooting white zombies in Africa then it would be declared racist for not putting in black ones. This is just ridiculous.

88survivor
  • 88survivor

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:55 PM Edited by 88survivor, 09 November 2008 - 04:58 PM.

So I guess the Las Plagas do travel a bit to, right? I wonder if their heads would explode to reveal a scythe monster or the Las Plagas bug? I think this would definitely take place in both daytime and nightime. You think they'll be much tougher than the villagers in Biohazard, though? BTW, did I just see children zombies, too? Or is this specifically adult zombies only.

88survivor
  • 88survivor

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

But, my God, had they forgotten the World Heroes/Street Fighter franchise that has the whole world to go against and you as the gamer playing beating the living the crap out of that person so much as to where they are from? Remember those days?

Glycerine
  • Glycerine

The Waffle King

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

This still going on? I read about this around a year ago.
Can I can I call this game racist too? Theres a mob of black people attacking a single white guy. I am highly offended Capcom. sarcasm.gif

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

Piss off rascism callers. Black people probably arnt even offended. Its just jumped up twats saying it offends people trying to get money from the big game companies.

88survivor
  • 88survivor

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

It looks like a lot of fun, too.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Nov 9 2008, 07:51)
This world is definitely f*cked up.

It's ok to shoot white people but as soon as a game has a character shooting anyone other than whites it's racist.

Agreed.

Far Cry 2 is set in Africa yet practically everyone you shoot is white yet I don't hear anyone moaning about racism.

I've posted this pic before, but I feel the need to post it again:
user posted image
OMG RACISM!!!!

CTDiesel
  • CTDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (TheTank @ Nov 9 2008, 15:21)
You kill black people in Far Cry 2. FC2 didn't get loads of sh*t on it. How come this sh*t is happening to Resident Evil 5?

Care to explain why you're calling me a retard? If you're going to say such things, at least elaborate. Man's game, bitch.

Drag_Drift
  • Drag_Drift

I'll rape you with a broomstick.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (CTDiesel @ Nov 14 2008, 00:13)

Care to explain why you're calling me a retard? If you're going to say such things, at least elaborate. Man's game, bitch.

Because you are overreacting on such a small thing. Plus, you've lost your common sense.

CTDiesel
  • CTDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:05 AM Edited by CTDiesel, 14 November 2008 - 04:09 AM.

QUOTE (Drag_Drift @ Nov 14 2008, 02:27)
QUOTE (CTDiesel @ Nov 14 2008, 00:13)

Because you are overreacting on such a small thing. Plus, you've lost your common sense.

I'm not overreacting. I'm discussing the issue and seeing what others felt about it, not me. Overreacting is what the black community is doing about this game.

Explain how I've lost my common sense over that?

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:14 AM

Speaking to Eurogamer, producer Jun Takeuchi hinted that a playable demo of Resident Evil 5 will be announced soon. Hopefully, that demo will include co-op play when it finally comes our way. Takeuchi had also said that DLC for RE5 is also "possible," but did not disclose whether Capcom is actually working on it.

One thing in particular for PS3 owners, Takeuchi suggests that Capcom has opted not to include a mandatory install for Resident Evil 5. The company has noted that consumer's Majini-like reaction to Devil May Cry 4's space-eating install and are changing their ways. "We're still working on those technical elements in the last couple of months, but we can tell you that if users are dissatisfied with that kind of thing, then it's certainly something we keep in mind when we develop," said Takeuchi. Resident Evil 5 is four months away and will release on March 13, 2009.

Source

Interesting news. Hope to see that demo out soon!

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

I remember hearing that they decided to change it a bit and put some different races in the game but I'm not so sure.
I don't understand how it could be rascist anyway. It is set in Africa so it has to be realistic, they didn't even choose it to be set there so that you can kill them but maybe they chose it because of the scenario. Many games are being set in Africa at the moment...

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

Loads of new gameplay vids.

Loads of new previews.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Hart @ Dec 20 2008, 21:57)

Loads of new previews.

Graphics look amazing. But I don't like chainsaws at all. They scare the sh*t out of me sad.gif

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 20 2008, 21:27)

Loads of new previews.

Graphics look amazing. But I don't like chainsaws at all. They scare the sh*t out of me sad.gif

One thing I noticed, the chainsaw guy doesnt kill you instantly if you get close like Dr. Salvador used to. Doesnt seem so scary anymore.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Hart @ Dec 20 2008, 23:29)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 20 2008, 21:27)

Loads of new previews.

One thing I noticed, the chainsaw guy doesnt kill you instantly if you get close like Dr. Salvador used to. Doesnt seem so scary anymore.

Maybe it's on easy. And that guy played that game like a little girl

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

Been playing the demo. Really amazing.

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Hell No.. @ Dec 30 2008, 11:57)
Been playing the demo. Really amazing.

..I thought it was only out in Japan?

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:49 PM

You should be able to get it on Xbox live if you're a gold member.

Ooo shoot Negro zombies? Resident Evil Train Kept A Rollin' thread TLC?
I'm so in!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users