Here, Here Misto,

You still here in this forum like me.

That must mean something wink.gif

SkapeGote
  • SkapeGote

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

Misto I see your point, but why do you care so much?. It is not like a Priest lied about touching you, or the bank said "Have this mortgage you cannot afford". I could care less if R* wasn't exactly honest. Game is still coming out, I am still going to get it. Do delays bother me? Not really. Them refusing to comment about production, who cares. You may think this is a crappy way to do business morally, but R* has about 500 Million reasons to be happy with the way things turned out.

You don't like the way they treated you, I understand that, then don't buy it. That is the best way to send a message to R*. I and quite happy with the way things worked out. I took all my holidays at the end of the year. I have been saving for 3 years for this holiday. I get 3 weeks per year, giving me a total of 9 weeks plus 3 more as a performance bonus, I start December 1. So as far as I am concerned, everything R* has done is perfect. I have a 3 killer rigs to play on, a host of friends to play with me, and I am almost 30. Just be happy that this holiday season will give you lots of tim to enjoy it.

Oh and if you still feel glum about it, get the game and I will let you watch me kill myself in interesting and unique ways online. Also being Canadian I have lots of cold beer and my friend Mary Jane would love to play too *wink wink nudge nudge*. So cheer up brother, bask in the crappy ported glory that may be GTA4 PC.

Skape

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (SkapeGote @ Nov 27 2008, 21:18)
Misto I see your point, but why do you care so much?. It is not like a Priest lied about touching you, or the bank said "Have this mortgage you cannot afford". I could care less if R* wasn't exactly honest. Game is still coming out, I am still going to get it. Do delays bother me? Not really. Them refusing to comment about production, who cares. You may think this is a crappy way to do business morally, but R* has about 500 Million reasons to be happy with the way things turned out.

You don't like the way they treated you, I understand that, then don't buy it. That is the best way to send a message to R*. I and quite happy with the way things worked out. I took all my holidays at the end of the year. I have been saving for 3 years for this holiday. I get 3 weeks per year, giving me a total of 9 weeks plus 3 more as a performance bonus, I start December 1. So as far as I am concerned, everything R* has done is perfect. I have a 3 killer rigs to play on, a host of friends to play with me, and I am almost 30. Just be happy that this holiday season will give you lots of tim to enjoy it.

Oh and if you still feel glum about it, get the game and I will let you watch me kill myself in interesting and unique ways online. Also being Canadian I have lots of cold beer and my friend Mary Jane would love to play too *wink wink nudge nudge*. So cheer up brother, bask in the crappy ported glory that may be GTA4 PC.

Skape

Thanks for cheering me up but don't go thinking I'm always mad like that. I won't take a butcher knife from my kitchen to stab Houser. tounge2.gif

The post I made just above concerns this thread, a negative post in a negative thread somehow.

It was a way to explain why I (and eventually some other members) am so mad with the delay and the reasons of the delay.

Most of the other posts I do are about how the Replay editor looks cool and how I can't wait to buy the game smile.gif

mashine
  • mashine

GTA series freak

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (SkapeGote @ Nov 27 2008, 20:18)
You don't like the way they treated you, I understand that, then don't buy it. That is the best way to send a message to R*.

They won't recieve this message, they'll just blame it to piracy as always. I think making an online petition can make us loud.

SkapeGote
  • SkapeGote

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:51 PM

loud and not heard. No one cares about online petitions. Look at the Uwe Boll one, and that bitch is still making movies.

Skape

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Nov 26 2008, 22:31)
QUOTE (the_regular_guy @ Nov 26 2008, 22:38)
I didn't say that either, i just said you seem to have a personal grudge against them (as in you don't like them).

Naturally I have a grudge against MS they arE harming the platform I prefer to do my gaming on. By your thinking that means absolutely no one anywhere is saying anything without a personal bias. So we can't believe absolutely anyone because they aren't really telling the truth they are telling the truth from their perspective.

Again, that is your opinion/speculation/guessing. Sure he and R* have something to gain, but that doesn't automaticly make them a bunch of liars now does it?

Nope but their past history of lies and half truths speak volumes. The fact they didn't bother to tell us about he PC version for nearly 6 months makes them guilty of at least the "lie of ommission". The blatant lies about the stories series being PSP exclusive and I am sure DML could probably show you lots of other examples where Rockstar have lied.

They didn't say that they've been working on it since January 2007, they said they've been working on it since January. And since the interview was posted on IGN last month (October 30), which means they probably did the interview not long before that, i'm pretty sure they meant January THIS year. Not last year.

My error I meant to say this year, obviously Rockstar wouldn't have been working on a PC version since January 2007. I naturally meant January 2008. Only a complete fool would think Rockstar would spend nearly two years on the PC version when there is plenty of console whoring to be done.

I know that, i've been reading these forums since GTAIV was announced for the consoles (but i haven't joined until just recently).

But i fail to see how that fits in with the whole "keep it of the PC" statement. To be honest, i don't really understand the whole "keep it of the PC" thingy at all.

It is about recognizing a "pattern", if they had been working on the PC version since January why wouldn't they just come out and say "hey guys we are working on the PC version and hoping to get it released this year". But then if they had said that a lot of people like me wouldn't have gone out and bought consoles to play the game that we were being led to believe was not coming to the PC.
Anyway, maybe they couldn't answear if there was going to be a PC version or not because they really didn't know. Maybe R* hadn't told the people who answear all the emails (i seriously doubt the people in charge of answearing all the "customer" emails and phonecalls are part of the same people who actually make the games) that there would be a PC version. They may be part of the same company, but that doesn't mean they know everything about the development. Or maybe i'm completley of the charts, to be honest i have no idea how that works, i'm just guessing here.

So there was obviously significant interest and I have no doubt this was passed on to the higher up's. Yet guess what they higher ups carried on being totally silent on the issue of the PC version. Hmm I wonder why.

I'm not completley sure, i might be totally wrong, but that's a pretty old statement right? Maybe somewhere around the early "days" of the X360? Correct me if i'm wrong, 'cause i honestly don't know.
If it is, that might just have been a way to really start making the X360 sales go up. And by now i think it's doing pretty well for itself, so i don't really think they have to do that anymore. And alot of X360's so called "exclusives" have been released on the PC eventually.
Which takes me to the whole "keep games of the PC" thingy that i don't get at all (which i mentioned before).

The statement from Peter Zettersburg was made in an interview he did a few months ago, if you want here is the link :-

http://www.gamesindu...s-europe-part-2

You will note some of the comments like :-

The PC has a much wider use, it's so established, it's so dominating already so in some territories we need to make the games for the 360 to increase the sales there.

If we launched a Halo game on PC and 360 in Germany simultaneously, 80 per cent of sales would be on the PC. So we need to pick and choose our formats.

That was from an interview dated 01/07/2008

Yeah, but most people would say that's mostly because they're trying to get all the PS3 users out there to go to the X360. And i would guess that the DLC somehow finds it way to the PC eventually. Even if they deny it right now.

So why not make the DLC available to the 360 and the PC, if MS's only intention is to hit at the PS3 user base then it doesn't make sense for them to exclude the PC from the content. But then we already have a statement from Rob Nelson (the one you appear to think never lies) saying "the DLC is EXCLUSIVE too the 360" when he was asked if the PC will get the content as well.

Like i said, maybe they wanted to avoid the whole console delay thingy happening again, or maybe they just wanted to wait until most of the game was finished, so when they finally announced it the PC gamers wouldn't have to wait so long before they could play it?

What delay ? No one was asking for a date to be enshrined in stone, all PC gamers wanted was a yes or a no. They could have quite simply gone "yes we are working on a PC version which will be released towards the end of this year".

I've never said, or implied anything like that. This just shows how people see things differently. This whole post is pretty much a statement to that. You see things one way, i see them a different way.

Well all I can say is I am glad I don't share your views, if you think we should be grateful for being treated like second class gamers and should grovel for any crumbs a company chooses to throw our way then that kind of thinking isn't for me.

I am not a second class gamer, I am a PC gamer and my money is just as good as any other gamers money. Now if a company WANTS my money then they better damn well kiss my ass and tell me it smells like a damn bed of roses. That is what it is about, that is what it means to be a consumer not "oh thank you thank you, oh you are so kind oh thank you".

Well, since the original topic was about the long wait between the console and PC version (and the fact, if i'm gonna be honest, i haven't read the whole thread...there's a lot of sh*t posts in here), i assumed that was what you were complaining about. Sorry if i missunderstood.

The delay is just one aspect of Rockstar giving PC's the worse end of the stick. There are many other aspects to it rather than just the delay.

Holy sh*t that became a long post...sorry about that guys blush.gif

It makes a change from the usual spam we normally get on the forums biggrin.gif

I can quote, too!

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (MISTO @ Nov 27 2008, 17:33)
QUOTE (mkey82 @ Nov 27 2008, 08:23)
•If R* North had any respect left for the PC gamers, R* Toronto wouldn't be handling the port.

When I see the quality of the ports R* north did for the previous gta's, I'm saying to myself that it wouldn't be a bad thing if we let the port to R* toronto.

Well, look at Bully for PC. That wasn't handled by North and look how it turned out.

Previous GTA's were crappy PC games, but OK ports. I didn't experience any problems with them technically. They obvioulsy weren't built for PC, but that's a whole another issue.

QUOTE (SkapeGote @ Nov 27 2008, 22:18)
and I am almost 30.

Nothing to be happy about biggrin.gif

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Nov 27 2008, 11:36)
Why publish on PC at all, then? How many copies do you expect they will sell with this non marketed, 7 months delayed console port?

So you are saying they shouldn't release it on the PC ?

Thats a bit silly, and so is getting angry over it.

We have to wait, it's like a qeue system, just be patient and you will get there, only a few days left and still people manage to get all hot and bothered about a release date.

I would rather have the game perfected than have something that won't run on the PC, like GTA3, that killed my PC, I played for a long stint and my gfx card melted, geforce 3 at the time, decent card and I had cooling for it lol

Far to many games are rushed these days and they end up running like crap, I'm not into the rush now because someone can't stand to wait for a perfect release, as we have heard they have had problems and are fixing them for release, it happens, it's called gaming, it happens with almost every decent game maker.

PC gamers are quite obviously getting the best end of the stick, some impatient people may claim different but the dedicated hardcore gamer knows otherwise !!

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:31 AM Edited by mkey82, 28 November 2008 - 10:34 AM.

You said...

QUOTE (camdean @ Nov 27 2008, 13:23)
PC platform, copied games. This is enough to make any company think twice before releasing any game on the PC first, they would be dumb to avoid the facts.

So, I'm asking, if PC isn't worth to have a normal release (properly marketed and not delayed) why release at all?

There were some costs for porting it to PC, they did invest some minimum amount into marketing. I'm guessing they expect to make some money of it, i.e. sell at least a million copies (via various channels). Think of how much would it make had it been released in due time. Of course, consoles would have sold less, but let's be real, not significantly less. When you subtract all PC gamers who would choose the PC version any sales loss would be negligible as a lot more people would buy the game. Of course more would pirate it, but even more people will do so now.

I don't understand this type of thinking - "the game needed time to get perfected". By this we assume the delay was justified which IMO is utter bullsh*t. If theyy really needed that time to develop it, why didn't they mention the PC version before? Instead they kept silence for 4 months and only then announced it. It was a shameful see through ploy to force our hand into buying something we don't want not need.

Of course I want a proper game, without bugs and whatnot, but I would also like to play it before some troll spoils everything. I would still like to find out about most of the stuff from first hand. But it's not going to happen, is it?

QUOTE (camdean @ Nov 28 2008, 12:14)
PC gamers are quite obviously getting the best end of the stick, some impatient people may claim different but the dedicated hardcore gamer knows otherwise !!

Utter rubbish.

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (camdean @ Nov 28 2008, 20:14)
I would rather have the game perfected than have something that won't run on the PC, like GTA3...

GTA 3 was delayed for 6 months as well, so if they f*cked up the performance with that game, who's to say they haven't done the same with this one?

- Game 6+ months late.
- Putting up with sh*t from many f*ckhead console sh*ts.
- Being ridiculed by those same f*ckhead console sh*ts as well as the game companies for being a platform which doesn't sell as well...all when Rockstar's promotional inaction and greed for money and penis have contributed mostly to the lower sales of the PC version.
- Being totally ignored (TOTALLY...ONE HUNDRED PER-f*ckING-CENT...S - I - L - E - N - C - E) when asking about the possibility of a PC version of GTA IV.
- Having the development of the game tossed aside to some unknown developer...when Rockstar North handled all prior PC versions of GTA. (Something must be different now - Microsoft have their dick stuck so far up Rockstar's ass that they are helpless to do anything right anymore)
- Not getting a Special Edition when the console version got one.
- In the past, Rockstar blatantly lied and blamed the Hot Coffee saga on the modders. This mentality shines through with everything they do these days, and we'll no-doubt see it in the future as well.

"best end of the stick"? You are either not a PC GTA fan, or you don't have very high standards for the way game developers should behave. Game developers/publishers are not lawyers, investors, or sewer-based 1-cent hookers, so there's no reason they should act like them...but they do, and that's what makes them unique...unique in a way totally-opposite to the way they were when Rockstar North was known as DMA Design back in 1997.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

Let's add this to the list

- the feeling that nothing will change with the next GTA release. In fact, we will probably know something's cooking when they stop mentioning PC for months again.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

Check my sig, I waited for almost two years on the first ever release of GTA, I never moaned like this about it, and I will never moan about it for this release.

And we are getting the better end of the stick, in a few days if your PC is half decent you will be playing a much better looking version of GTA4 and a fully supported 32 multiplayer heaven.

Hardcore gamers don't moan so hard, I have seen this happen with games for years, they can't just snap their fingers and produce a working product, we all know it doesn't work like that. Regardless of your moanings we have the better game on the PC.

Example: Hitman - PC game, now console'd up like GTA, released on PC after the console release. Still Brilliant !!

Example: Operation Flashpoint, this was released in 2001 and people who enjoy this style of game can now be happy that number 2 is coming out next year. Still Brilliant !!

It's the way the gaming world works for the qaulity games the hardcore gamer loves. Yes the delays are a pain in the butt, delays always are, but it happens and it does not make the finished product any less of a game, thats a FACT.

If it was rushed then the finished product would not be as good, another FACT.

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

SUre, we PC folks get the best end, IN the end.

I';d much rather wait for a better version. Of course id' prefer it on PC first, but this wait isn't so bad.. so long as there isn't another freaking delay.

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Nov 28 2008, 08:19)
QUOTE (MISTO @ Nov 27 2008, 17:33)
QUOTE (mkey82 @ Nov 27 2008, 08:23)
•If R* North had any respect left for the PC gamers, R* Toronto wouldn't be handling the port.

When I see the quality of the ports R* north did for the previous gta's, I'm saying to myself that it wouldn't be a bad thing if we let the port to R* toronto.

Well, look at Bully for PC. That wasn't handled by North and look how it turned out.

Previous GTA's were crappy PC games, but OK ports. I didn't experience any problems with them technically. They obvioulsy weren't built for PC, but that's a whole another issue.

That's right.

...but i still wonder if the Game would have the same ammount of improvements if it was ported by R*North.

Oh well, as long as the game is correct on pc, that will be ok.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users