R* Giving PC's the worse end of the Stick...again

223 replies to this topic
GTA_Godfather
  • GTA_Godfather

PC Advocate

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:30 AM

Divinee,

You don't get it. What would a console gamer call it if the PC version came out 6 month in advance of the console version? [sarcasm] Could we just say that R* needed extra time to water down the PC version and make the game stable on the severely underpowered consoles? Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly how the blind console followers would look at it... [/sarcasm] sarcasm.gif

All of you that say something along the lines, "Quit whining about the delay, we had to wait...blah...blah...blah." You have to grasp the BIG PICTURE. It's not about the wait.

It's about all the b.s. the delay brings along with it.

For example:

1) Listening to the console trolls posting idiotic fanboy statements.
2) R*'s unwillingness to discuss anything GTA IV PC related, which is a complete 180 from the console version. They avoided the PC like the plague when they knew full well they would release it 6 months out. Not only were there new console previews every day, they were outrageously overhyping the game.
3) I've stated this many times as the WORST consequence of the delay...having storyline and game elements revealed which ruins PC gamers' experiences. This is exacerbated by R*'s comments about insisting not too reveal storyline details before launch, so as not to tarnish players' ability to discover it for themselves. They should have qualified their statement by saying 'CONSOLE players'.
4) Listening to the gaming press (heavily console-biased due to financial reasons) and console gaming execs bashing the PC platform and harping (much overblown) on PC pirating as a reason for why the PC would never get a GTA IV launch. It was nauseating.

This is what PC gamers have to endure because of this delay. And at the end of the day, while it will be a far better looking version and slightly better running, it's still a port. Like I said before, I will give R* credit if it is a step up from past ports. But, R* must take the initiative to follow through if they want to garner the respect of the PC gaming community, thereby helping to build their PC base for future titles.

There are so many areas where R* can improve on the PC front. The opportunity is in their hands. The delay b.s. is just one of the many.

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (divinee @ Nov 10 2008, 13:21)
i stand by what i keep saying. the only delay for the pc version was the 2 weeks. it seems to me the ones who dont agree with me are only pc gamers that are mad about this "delay" as him 50 console and 50 pc who doesnt have gta4 on console cuz i waiting for pc version.

Well then, I didn't want for it to come to this, but I've dug up the primary definition for the word "delay" so we can have a look at it:

delay
To postpone until a later time; defer.

So you believe that what Rockstar have done in having a planned 6-month gap between the console and PC version, is none of the following...

- postponed
- deferred
- delayed

Please explain then, what you would consider it to be.

i go on console forums with some pc gamers too and they dont say fck pc it scks.

Well they must be intelligent console gamers to know that PCs don't suck. I've seen many around these forums who say that they do.

divinee
  • divinee

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:56 AM

@DML
we say the same thing to each other every post.... this is going no where suicidal.gif but i stand by what i say biggrin.gif

@GTA_Godfather
not everyones life is based on games. people actually go out and do things. and if things were other way around.... they would cry about the 2 week delay not this "6 month delay" for a unannounced game. but for this 6 month waiting period there be less people crying about it.

1. me? o.o
2. i dont know the sales for gta sa pc but compare it to the console version + see how many is pirated
3. not everyone cares for spoilers and u didint have to read them
4. i dont see any heavily biased console gaming press and exces. financial reason = another con for pc version. pirating is a big issue man. look at spore.... i think EA even got sued because of pirating.

yes credit rockstar for port but dont need to bash. console versions sell very nice and helped made the gta franchise into what it is today. so i think that the pc version is another way to boost there sales up and to make u happy when u get it.

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (numdmind @ Nov 10 2008, 02:05)
All I'm going to say is that you need to quit crying about a few extra weeks. The console users had to wait an extra 6 months.

Oh, and this: PC gamers are the most elitist arrogant pricks in the world.

When i run PC's upagainst consoles.. Yes, I'm a huge snob about it. Adn I don't mind waiting a couple more weeks. After so amny months, it's not so bad a wait.

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Nov 10 2008, 02:35)

PC gamers are routinely subjected to inordinate amounts of abuse from console gamers. Even here now with our own section of the forum to discuss GTA 4 for the PC we have console gamers coming in here going "ha ha you are getting the game 7 months later ha ha" and "PC gamers are the most elitest arrogant pricks in the world".

Haha! Yes! I swear to god imagine GTAIV was a cross over MP game from 360 to PC... you'd get so many whiny 13 year olds saying "omG n00b stOp us1nG ghey k3yb0ard and haVinG adv4ntag3 on me!!!!!" The PC will have more intelligent and therefor more fun online games

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:51 AM

divinee, I'm sorry to say this, but you are full of sh*t.

QUOTE (divinee @ Nov 10 2008, 07:56)
@DML
we say the same thing to each other every post.... this is going no where suicidal.gif but i stand by what i say biggrin.gif

Yes, you do. And it's quite irritating. People (DLM, GTA_Godfather, GTA3freak_2001) offer you a lot of valid arguments and your only repeat "I stand behind what I said". Well, it must smell awfully where you stand, because you are standing behind a pile of sh*t.

They knew from the start the PC version was on the way. And they delayed it, i.e. they intended to make and release the very same game (content wise) at a later date. You can call it a delay, a time out, a certain period they took to have some dick sucking time. It doesn't matter, IV was released on consoles and it's being released on PC. With a 7 months delay.

Had they not planned to release it on PC and only after some months they decided to do so and set some release date, then I wouldn't consider this to be a delay.

@GTA_Godfather
not everyones life is based on games. people actually go out and do things.

On what do you base this intelligent remark? Do you know the guy? What the f*ck do you know about him? Yeah, he must be some sorry looser, he shows a lot of good sense, good manners and exemplary behavior (even if it's only a web forum). What a goddamn looser he really is.

and if things were other way around.... they would cry about the 2 week delay not this "6 month delay" for a unannounced game. but for this 6 month waiting period there be less people crying about it.

If the games was delayed for console gamers it would be all about "OMG wuz iz daz" and "wft goeo fjdjerfuf!!11!!!11". This kind of gibberish is about the best *some* console gamers/trolls can concoct.

The fact remains we (the PC gamers) don't wish for the game to be delayed for anyone, we are hoping for a simultaneous release. Unlike many console whores who raved on and on about how PC isn't going to get it. PP maybe has a list of some of those pricks quotes, if you are interested.

1. me? o.o

You will agree there are several dozens of those morons ruining the forums for everyone (but their own kind) ATM?

2. i dont know the sales for gta sa pc but compare it to the console version + see how many is pirated

This is pure bullsh*t.
1) you assume the PS2 version was not pirated? Bullsh*t. Go check various titles for various leaked x360 titles, also. The web is full of them just conveniently, when discussing piracy, R*, MS and such companies refuse to acknowledge them.
2) do you have a source where they state what SA on PC actually manged to sell? Can you even indicate what that figure might be? No? Maybe because R* managed to hide that piece of information, maybe they like to keep silent about stuff that undermines their "PC is a dieing platform because of all that piracy" talk. Look at a mediocre Spore - it managed to sell 3 million copes without that much hype IV had on consoles. Crysis did the same, how come these titles don't suffer because of of that severe piracy that you claim? This subject is probably a lot more complicated then it seems.
3) All and any GTA sales numbers on PC need to be looked from a proper perspective - THE GAME CAME OUT HALF A YEAR AFTER THE CONSOLE RELEASE. Delayed or no delayed, it doesn't matter. Who in their right mind will want to fork out 50$ for 7 month old title? A lot people apparently, but not as much as there would be in the case of a simultaneous release.

The delay (or whatever you choose to call it) has nothing to do with piracy or "bad" PC sales. It's more down to the fact R* was bribed.

Those are a bit hard to avoid, don't you think? With thread titles or posts containing "OMG, Niko just killed this and that and this and that appended". All because stupid idiots don't know how to use spoiler tags correctly. The only effective system is to keep off the forums. Better yet, stay off the internet for a few months.

4. i dont see any heavily biased console gaming press and exces. financial reason = another con for pc version. pirating is a big issue man. look at spore.... i think EA even got sued because of pirating.

You must be blind lol.gif. Do you need me to dig up some links for you? Links about various anti PC statements from people who know jack sh*t about it or from people who intentionality lie and deceive the gaming public. Like I said, piracy exists on console as well, but you seem to forget that.

link
link
link
link

Where can you find an official MS or PS3 statement comparing consoles with PC *fairly*. People are lead to believe their box can match a 2000$ PC which is less and less true with each passing day. There are people who directly stated games are being delayed for PC because PC sales would hurt console sales because had people been given the chance, they would choose the PC version. He admits forcing people into buying the consoles and console version of the games.

link

yes credit rockstar for port but dont need to bash. console versions sell very nice and helped made the gta franchise into what it is today. so i think that the pc version is another way to boost there sales up and to make u happy when u get it.

Console hold the game back. Just look at previous installment. SA was technologically years behind (at the time) modern PC titles. sh*t, Mafia which is a lot older game looked A LOT better. And why? Because PS2 just couldn't handle it. Just like PS3 and x360 can't handle it today. R* wants to make the game better, but the consoles are holding them back. So you get unstable framerates, pop up, heavy recycling of car, crappy textures ...

I'm personally inclined to give them some credit ONLY if the previews come true and of GTA IV on PC plays and feels like a real PC game, not some sh*tty port.

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Godfather @ Nov 10 2008, 05:30)

3) I've stated this many times as the WORST consequence of the delay...having storyline and game elements revealed which ruins PC gamers' experiences. This is exacerbated by R*'s comments about insisting not too reveal storyline details before launch, so as not to tarnish players' ability to discover it for themselves. They should have qualified their statement by saying 'CONSOLE players'.

Yes, I remember the posts with those titles: Blocked at the mission when cj kills Ryder the snitch dope dealer or I don't get Toreno the cia agent's phone call after I kill him

I was about to cover theses post with insults cryani.gif

4) Listening to the gaming press (heavily console-biased due to financial reasons) and console gaming execs bashing the PC platform and harping (much overblown) on PC pirating as a reason for why the PC would never get a GTA IV launch. It was nauseating.

Yeah, the "piracy on pc that kills sales" must be added to that list.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:37 AM

MISTO do you have links to those charts?

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Nov 10 2008, 11:37)
MISTO do you have links to those charts?

I removed the thing I said about the Japan because I don't remember if it was a pc or a ps2 release blush.gif

http://www.gtasanand...gle.php?id=3820

cyclone1969
  • cyclone1969

Ploop Me A DUCK !!!11!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

Now I thought the extended time between release of Console over the PC version is an offset for Pirating (bare with me)

game is released on PC within days there are numerous Torrents with cracks by delaying the PC release they get max benefit from multi system owners who buy it for console because there impatient (Ahem me was).

Me im just hoping they don't use these limited license as Ubi has done with FC2 which doesnt affect the pirates but the legit purchasers of the games.

Say no to SecuROM but buy your copy legaly

Grumfoss
  • Grumfoss

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

I'm with you Clyclone, the limited number of install idea is just crap. Most PC gamers that I know can install/uninstall games several times over the life of a game. I don't want to be forced to have to reactivate my game after a couple of installs!

I will be buying my copy whenever it comes out.... I can wait smile.gif

DarkZenith
  • DarkZenith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:17 PM Edited by DarkZenith, 10 November 2008 - 07:24 PM.

QUOTE (divinee @ Nov 9 2008, 11:54)

On 6 August 2008, Rockstar announced that a Microsoft Windows version is in development by Rockstar Toronto.

the pc version isnt a pc version built up.... its a 360 port + added features and they need time to add and perfect the features.

It's much more than a simple port job though, a lot more work is required than allowing for PC compatibility, when you consider how far ahead technologically speaking PCs actually are when compared to the so-called "Next-Gen" consoles. For one, the PC version needs much higher texture resolution, which basically means that they did indeed need to work from the ground up. I'm not even going to go into the advantages in PC processors, as most here should know that they are far superior to that of consoles.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:30 PM Edited by MasterK, 10 November 2008 - 07:37 PM.

I'm sorry if I go OffTopic a little bit, but I couldn't resist to post about this..

Since everyone says that the PC game will be pirated more than the console versions, I need to point out that the game is going to be released under the Games for Windows Live logo, which means that it's multiplayer is based on Microsoft's Live system. And if you consider that most of the people who likes GTA and lives in the U.S, U.K or Europe has DSL or even better internet connections, and the feature itself is free, it's really a good thing to boost up the sales of the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV.

What I'm trying to point out is that, the game won't let pirated versions be played online, which is a big part of it. The reason why Rockstar didn't really work too much on the Single Player part of GTA is maybe because they want us to BUY their game, and not download it.

Believe me... IV's multiplayer is an ultimate experience, and that's a reason itself to buy an original copy of it. smile.gif

EDIT: And no.. I'm not a Rockstar employee, and none of my pets or family members work for R*.. I just think that a TRUE GTA fan should buy these games, and not download them. dozingoff.gif

EDIT #2: About console piracy: The main reason why there isn't as much piracy on consoles, like on PC is just because most of those "console kiddies" doesn't even know how to get pirated copies work on they plastic toy. In my opinion, a console costs the same as a good PC, and if you want to play with it on an HDTV it can even cost more. I'm not talking about the cost of an Xbox360 flashing of course.

And about the PS3: Sorry, but if I had to buy something which I'm going to play on for that price, I'd rather buy a PC which is better than a PlayStation 3.... confused.gif

riahc4
  • riahc4

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (YoungGun @ Nov 9 2008, 02:41)
Far more Consoles out there then PC's.

I stopped reading after reading this.

Stupid topic from this post on so no need to read it.

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

delete

Some_Guy001
  • Some_Guy001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Nov 10 2008, 09:51)
divinee, I'm sorry to say this, but you are full of sh*t.

@DML

Yes, you do. And it's quite irritating. People (DLM, GTA_Godfather, GTA3freak_2001) offer you a lot of valid arguments and your only repeat "I stand behind what I said". Well, it must smell awfully where you stand, because you are standing behind a pile of sh*t.

They knew from the start the PC version was on the way. And they delayed it, i.e. they intended to make and release the very same game (content wise) at a later date. You can call it a delay, a time out, a certain period they took to have some dick sucking time. It doesn't matter, IV was released on consoles and it's being released on PC. With a 7 months delay.

Had they not planned to release it on PC and only after some months they decided to do so and set some release date, then I wouldn't consider this to be a delay.

@GTA_Godfather
not everyones life is based on games. people actually go out and do things.

On what do you base this intelligent remark? Do you know the guy? What the f*ck do you know about him? Yeah, he must be some sorry looser, he shows a lot of good sense, good manners and exemplary behavior (even if it's only a web forum). What a goddamn looser he really is.

and if things were other way around.... they would cry about the 2 week delay not this "6 month delay" for a unannounced game. but for this 6 month waiting period there be less people crying about it.

If the games was delayed for console gamers it would be all about "OMG wuz iz daz" and "wft goeo fjdjerfuf!!11!!!11". This kind of gibberish is about the best *some* console gamers/trolls can concoct.

The fact remains we (the PC gamers) don't wish for the game to be delayed for anyone, we are hoping for a simultaneous release. Unlike many console whores who raved on and on about how PC isn't going to get it. PP maybe has a list of some of those pricks quotes, if you are interested.

1. me? o.o

You will agree there are several dozens of those morons ruining the forums for everyone (but their own kind) ATM?

This is pure bullsh*t.
1) you assume the PS2 version was not pirated? Bullsh*t. Go check various titles for various leaked x360 titles, also. The web is full of them just conveniently, when discussing piracy, R*, MS and such companies refuse to acknowledge them.
2) do you have a source where they state what SA on PC actually manged to sell? Can you even indicate what that figure might be? No? Maybe because R* managed to hide that piece of information, maybe they like to keep silent about stuff that undermines their "PC is a dieing platform because of all that piracy" talk. Look at a mediocre Spore - it managed to sell 3 million copes without that much hype IV had on consoles. Crysis did the same, how come these titles don't suffer because of of that severe piracy that you claim? This subject is probably a lot more complicated then it seems.
3) All and any GTA sales numbers on PC need to be looked from a proper perspective - THE GAME CAME OUT HALF A YEAR AFTER THE CONSOLE RELEASE. Delayed or no delayed, it doesn't matter. Who in their right mind will want to fork out 50$ for 7 month old title? A lot people apparently, but not as much as there would be in the case of a simultaneous release.

The delay (or whatever you choose to call it) has nothing to do with piracy or "bad" PC sales. It's more down to the fact R* was bribed.

Those are a bit hard to avoid, don't you think? With thread titles or posts containing "OMG, Niko just killed this and that and this and that appended". All because stupid idiots don't know how to use spoiler tags correctly. The only effective system is to keep off the forums. Better yet, stay off the internet for a few months.

You must be blind lol.gif. Do you need me to dig up some links for you? Links about various anti PC statements from people who know jack sh*t about it or from people who intentionality lie and deceive the gaming public. Like I said, piracy exists on console as well, but you seem to forget that.

link
link
link
link

Where can you find an official MS or PS3 statement comparing consoles with PC *fairly*. People are lead to believe their box can match a 2000$ PC which is less and less true with each passing day. There are people who directly stated games are being delayed for PC because PC sales would hurt console sales because had people been given the chance, they would choose the PC version. He admits forcing people into buying the consoles and console version of the games.

link

Console hold the game back. Just look at previous installment. SA was technologically years behind (at the time) modern PC titles. sh*t, Mafia which is a lot older game looked A LOT better. And why? Because PS2 just couldn't handle it. Just like PS3 and x360 can't handle it today. R* wants to make the game better, but the consoles are holding them back. So you get unstable framerates, pop up, heavy recycling of car, crappy textures ...

I'm personally inclined to give them some credit ONLY if the previews come true and of GTA IV on PC plays and feels like a real PC game, not some sh*tty port.

lol yeah its true, im tired of these console nubs telling sht to the pc users what you say is the same thing i have on mind when i come to the forums to read news of the game for pc and, still see comments made of obviously silly imature fanboys

an example is when i went to the MCLA forum, i asked if some1 knew something about if the game was going to be on pc or something like that, just a friendly comment, and all i got was

1) No pc
2) there will never be MCLA for pc and never was (lol) its untrue cause the series were on pc along whit console
3) i highly doubt that theyll make it on pc dozingoff.gif

and BS like that a lot, i took this as an example bc b4 GTA IV were announced for pc we pc users got comments of this kind.

and they complain and say we bash em? wtf? cant they recall when the game only got announced for shtsoles and the forum was only 1? there was no PC forum exclusive? so we had to comment and chat about of the game was going to be released for pc market and got imature replyes like the ones posted above. lol

the only true thing behind all this is they didnt released the game along whit the crapsole version because they got paid to do not release it for pc cause nobody was going to buy those console toys

dont yall rememer when they admitted that they got the PC version running SMOOTH since JANUARY? notify.gif

EntropicLqd
  • EntropicLqd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

My only observation about this thread is, "One man's delay is another man's project plan.". It's all a matter of perspective. From R*'s point of view, the PC release is no more than 2 weeks late.

You can cry delay all you like, but really, R* are pretty much bang on schedule. Specifically, bang on their schedule.

There is no rule that states that a game must always be released on every platform at the same time. Yes it would be nice. Yes it would have saved a lot of pointless threads and arguing, and endless discussion. But at the end of the day you chose to participate in the never-ending dialog about a possible PC version.

For the next GTA can I suggest that you check the forums once a week for any news and spend all your time playing other games. It'll make waiting for R*'s project plan to catch-up with PC Gamer's expectations much more bearable.

Some_Guy001
  • Some_Guy001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

lol dont make me laugh please

unles they plan to release a new console version whit the latest hardware every 4 months console fanboys never ever going to be able to "catch up" a custom gaming pc

I cant see ppl going to buy a new console every 4 or 6 month when a new model of video card or prossessor or ram or motherboard etc get released lol.gif tounge2.gif notify.gif

the only thing they can do to make consoles get closer to pc is delayng or whatever that makes em not release the game along whit the pc version

i would love to see console fanboys if the next gta comes only for pc and then 7 months later comes on a cheap console
sure its never going to happen unless Nvidia or ATi or amd or intel pay for more pc titles thats not going to happen
PC gaming doenst have something that pushes the platform like consoles have

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (EntropicLqd @ Nov 10 2008, 21:28)
My only observation about this thread is, "One man's delay is another man's project plan.". It's all a matter of perspective. From R*'s point of view, the PC release is no more than 2 weeks late.

You can cry delay all you like, but really, R* are pretty much bang on schedule. Specifically, bang on their schedule.

Jesus Christ.

According to Rob Nelson, producer at Rockstar Toronto, the PC version has been working on GTA IV PC since January with a team of around 50 members.

http://pc.ign.com/ar...5/925105p1.html

Matija442IsBack
  • Matija442IsBack

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Neon25 @ Nov 10 2008, 21:42)
QUOTE (EntropicLqd @ Nov 10 2008, 21:28)
My only observation about this thread is, "One man's delay is another man's project plan.".  It's all a matter of perspective.  From R*'s point of view, the PC release is no more than 2 weeks late.

You can cry delay all you like, but really, R* are pretty much bang on schedule.  Specifically, bang on their schedule.

Jesus Christ.

According to Rob Nelson, producer at Rockstar Toronto, the PC version has been working on GTA IV PC since January with a team of around 50 members.

http://pc.ign.com/ar...5/925105p1.html

QTF.... it takes some time to fix all the bugs and to get it to work with the wide variety of hardware we have today..

also Neon25 i love your sig... i wish i could make one just like that(too bad my image editing skills are 0)

divinee
  • divinee

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:54 AM

haha look at all these people flaming me tounge.gif as the guy said... pc gamers are arrogant and elist or something. all you continue to bash the console saying "its has better graphics, more powerful" true but does it matter? console versions look good. when u sit like 10 feet from ur big tv u cant tell. when u sit 1-2 feet from ur monitor u can tell + theres a 1 in 342 billion chance some dude would sit 1 feet awy from his tv playing a console game.

consoles arent holding back pcs.... cod4 sold over 10 million on ps3 and the 360 with the graphics and gaming system that apparently "scks". i dont know the pc version sales but probably like 350k. gta would of never been this big without consoles, and cod too and more.

and look at that.... completely dominated by consoles
CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

all im saying all u guys ganging up on me ok. i never said anything bad about console or pc. just saying what i think but then theres this guy who talks sht to me with a nerd essay. i love my pc and my console.... and i still want my gta sa pc sales icon14.gif

... this forum has the best smilies

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (divinee @ Nov 11 2008, 05:54)
haha look at all these people flaming me tounge.gif as the guy said... pc gamers are arrogant and elist or something. all you continue to bash the console saying "its has better graphics, more powerful" true but does it matter? console versions look good. when u sit like 10 feet from ur big tv u cant tell. when u sit 1-2 feet from ur monitor u can tell + theres a 1 in 342 billion chance some dude would sit 1 feet awy from his tv playing a console game.

consoles arent holding back pcs.... cod4 sold over 10 million on ps3 and the 360 with the graphics and gaming system that apparently "scks". i dont know the pc version sales but probably like 350k. gta would of never been this big without consoles, and cod too and more.

and look at that.... completely dominated by consoles
CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

all im saying all u guys ganging up on me ok. i never said anything bad about console or pc. just saying what i think but then theres this guy who talks sht to me with a nerd essay. i love my pc and my console.... and i still want my gta sa pc sales icon14.gif

... this forum has the best smilies

Fair point. Now lets stop the console vs PC argument or this is going to be locked

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (divinee @ Nov 11 2008, 07:54)
i dont know the pc version sales but probably like 350k.

Good to see you're pulling the numbers directly from your ass. The problem is (as always with PC sales figures) one can only find the US numbers (which are the worse as US is a lousy market for PC) and there are a lot of undisclosed sale numbers via Steam and other Digital distribution services.

COD4 sold at least two million on PC, but I can't prove it. The reverse can be proven easily - had it sold something like 350k like you claim, would Activision bother with COD5 for PC? I don't think so and who could blame them in such an event?

There is this aura of death of PC gaming, problematic piracy influence (at the day and age online titles are doing very good), very expensive PC hardware and such which is only ignited by the fact you cant find any proper sales figures. How much did consoles sell? No problem, the numbers are all over the web to boast over.

The point remains, you are a pathetic little fanboy who spouts crap all over other people arguments. Then you just call us arrogant and "elist" and leave. Have fun while playing far from your TV (go as far as you can, maybe you won't notice the lag and pop up lol.gif) and enjoy all that smooth gameplay. Consoles FTW!

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

GAH! This topic has turned into a war of PC's Vs Consoles! I guess it boosts the reply count tounge.gif. But seriously it wasn't a flaming of gaming aparatus owners. Its a discussion from PC GAMERS about how R* gives us a hard time. If your a console gamer your welcome to read and such but there's no point in going in cos it doesn't really affect you. You have GTAIV go celebrate with all your Xbox Live friends about how much R* <3's you but for us PC its just the wait till we finnaly get something from R* that might be worth the wait.

divinee
  • divinee

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:55 AM Edited by divinee, 11 November 2008 - 09:00 AM.

its was only a guess.... and true that pc sales are under tracker but 2m is nice though but its 10m smile.gif

look here man... im keeping it cool and not even taking it seriously while u are mad and sht talking me. and y u calling me console fanboy? im just simply defending another great gaming platform by people who never touched a console who are also raged.

i told you in my posts im 50 50 game on pc an console. i never said the pc scks or the console scks. i actually spent more time on pc then console is fun too.

***for the ones that saying this is a argument or whatever. this not not. if u look at all my posts, this is my face/emotion bored.gif but they are die.gif

medfreak
  • medfreak

Number of fingers = GTA IV PC bugs...

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

Just stop feeding the console troll.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

medfreak you are 100% correct but I'm just too stupid to let go atm.

The fact some people will insist on comparing PC with ALL the other consoles is just as stupid as it's ridiculous. If x360 and PS3 managed to sell 10M games combined, why should PC compete with THAT number? Both x360 and PS3 are SEPARATE platforms and should be treated as such. So, if PS3 sold 4M and PS managed to sell 2 or 3 million, how is that bad?

Especially when you consider that the game (as it's a multiplatform release) is being held back by the mere fact the hardware fitted in consoles is old. PC can perform a lot better, but people have to settle for mediocre (more or less) console ports - games which were intended for sub par gaming platforms. This can be seen in a lot of occasions - unstable (low, limited) framerate, low res textures, user interfaces designed to fit gamepads, gameplay altered as to enable the console kiddies (and by this I DO NOT assume ALL console gamers are kids, but it has been proven a number of times console crowd IS younger then the PC crowd; by this we may assume the general gaming "level" is higher among PC users) to play also. All this things prevent a great console game to become a great PC game.

It doesn't matter if YOU can't notice the difference, but I (we) can see it and it's very evident.

Among other things, fanboys are those guys who will disregard any sort of logic being thrown at them (if it doesn't fit with their ideology) and just keep repeating the previous statement without backing it up (in your case it was that delay thing). They will also throw insults at unsuspecting forumers instead of using logic and facts (when you insulted GTA_Godfather who has acted lik a polite and civil person). You exhibited this kind of behavior and this is why I consider you to be a fanboy.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

One little fact that people forget why PC pwns the consoles, and I am also a console user BTW, ever played 64 player Shipment on COD4 on your console?
Ever played 64 player BF2 on your console?
Ever played anything more than 32 player maps on the console?
Didn't think so, till you have experienced 64 players on one map you haven't lived. Although 64 player Shipment is a bit extreme as you usually only live a few seconds, especially DM.
Far Cry 2 online for the PC is f*cked because they have done it like a console port, lobbies are sh*t affairs and the maximum amount of players is pathetic. Hope they don't f*ck IV's PC multiplayer just because console ones suck.

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (medfreak @ Nov 11 2008, 10:39)

Sure thing, are you going to make another pc-consoles war on the 11th November?

Some_Guy001
  • Some_Guy001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (MISTO @ Nov 11 2008, 11:40)
QUOTE (medfreak @ Nov 11 2008, 10:39)

Sure thing, are you going to make another pc-consoles war on the 11th November?

this topic had a normal pc chat then some1 jumped the fence from the other side and started talking sht to the pc community sarcasm.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users