• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

I GOT MY KEY

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

Yep looks those in the UK are now getting their key too biggrin.gif Mine just arrived now via UPS, it looks incredibly snazzy.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

Wow, i wish my bedroom key's like that...
That'll be some god damn unique key confused.gif

beanmike206
  • beanmike206

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

ive seen the one on ebay.

the person who buys that is an idiot.
im dead proud of mine.
i earned it cool.gif

DeVilliers
  • DeVilliers

Hobo

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

Mine was delivered today. I can't wait till I get home to see it.

solway
  • solway

PC Hardcore Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

im in cornwall,UK

got mine

user posted imageuser posted image

DeVilliers
  • DeVilliers

Hobo

• Members

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Has there been any mention of how many keys went out? I want to know just how rare they are.

amcycletrans
  • amcycletrans

Darius Fontaine

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:30 AM Edited by amcycletrans, 13 November 2008 - 05:39 AM.

Well done on a great job!, Thats an excellent prize! As of this date some guy is selling his on Ebay for a "Buy it Now" price of $215.00. I would cherish something I had won that nice

Flak_Monkey
  • Flak_Monkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

I got my key today! biggrin.gif (UK)

Completion time: 78hrs 57min 19sec

30,486 people entered into the 100% club competition, 29,876 were disqualified for cheating.
only 610 officially made it into the 100% club, on time, without cheating.

Of those, the first 100 entrants received a key.

Congratulations to anyone else in this club.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

Where did you get those figures?

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

Bump re: where the poster got those figures.

I don't buy them. For starters, this guy came out of nowhere, he just registered today and he has these numbers and figures that aren't documented anywhere else. Secondly, the amount of people disqualified for cheating is extraordinarily high given the fact that Rockstar allowed button-code cheating in the contest. The numbers don't add up. 610 people out of 30,486 is 2% and you can't tell me 98% of people who entered the contest had modded consoles.

Furthermore, you have only 100 out of 610 people that were eligible getting prizes. That means that for every one of that select 2% there would be 6 people bitching about how they were eligible and entered and met the requirements and I haven't seen one person doing this. I've seen people upset that they didn't know anything about the contest. I've seen people upset they weren't eligible for things like regional restrictions but I haven't seen anyone say they were in this mythical 510 who were otherwise eligible but not given a prize.

On top of that you have the fact that there seem to be far more than 100 reported. Between the Xbox.com forums, the Xbox360achievements.org forums, these forums and the ones on eBay there are several reports of people getting them. Granted, there's some overlap there (I posted about mine on all of those) but if there were only 100 made in the world there would probably be like 10 people posting about getting them on the forums. To further make those numbers ridiculous: that's just coming from the Xbox side. The 360 version outsold the PS3 version but I imagine you can roughly double the reports of the 360 winners to comparable PS3 forums online and you have a huge chunk of the winners represented on internet forums and that just doesn't happen.

Also, my UPS box with my prize had a reference number on it saying something like "GTA510", I suspect that all the winners were given an individual reference number and if this is the case this would put the amount of winners in the 500 range at least and I was one of the people who completed the contest within the original range. If I was #500 (and again, I don't know if we all got different numbers) in the first week you can easily speculate that another 1000 won during the extension period, which brings me to my final point:

if Rockstar was planning only giving this to the first 100 people they wouldn't have extended the contest.

So yeah, I'm saying those numbers are bogus until you cough up a credible source saying they're truly limited to 100. I'd be willing to bet you just pulled them out of nowhere just to start a rumor that the keys are rarer than they are in an effort to make yours more valuable for when you unload it on eBay.

smgopedguy
  • smgopedguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:13 AM

I am so pissed...

I am the first person to enter the 100% club on the ps3 my username is it_is_me_it if you check the leader board there is a user ahead of me gsgtaivps. When I entered the club I checked his completion time for the game and basically he had the game before it was released even with the midnight launch the amount of playing time puts the account well before the release date.

So I sent the social club a message that this guy was a cheater and that he has stolen my rightful place as #1 in the world on the gta 4 leader boards.

I sent a message about this to the social club

I got a reply from the social club

Thanks for writing us. We are currently in the process of putting the finishing touches on a email to notify and database that will collect all the information we need from our potential winners. We apologize for the long wait but we are working as hard as we can to have something out soon. As for gsgtaivps, that is a test account of ours that will be dropped to the bottom of the leaderboard very soon (if it hasn't already).

Cheers,

The Rockstar Games Social Club

This still hasn't been fixed months later... he still lists ahead of me on the leader boards on the social club and to make matters worse, Your id# is based on order of entry also happens to be listed on your all printable awards on in the club as well, so the certificate the key and the credit card list as 2 :-( when they should list as 1

the "original 100% club contest" was a time based contest offering only 7 days to complete the full game 100%. Not many achieved this feat in the original contest period, I was the first civilian on the PS3 thus I'm due proper recognition as the first to enter the club. I played though FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS STRAIGHT!! I did not mutilate GTA 4 by rushing through the cut scenes or taking cabs everywhere to earn the fastest play through on the leader boards, but i did devote all of my time to the game to be the first entrant to the 100% club. I played though just as I had with all previous GTA games even taking my time to enjoy the details of life in LIBERTY CITY.

oh and did I mention that I still haven't received my key!!! even though I have an e mail from rock-star social club stating that they received my entry, yet somehow they dont have my information now....

Anyways they claim that they will be sending out a new entry form to those of you who did not receive your key .. just send them an e mail about it...

I would like to thank Rockstar again for the great game please don't overlook this small detail... I also believe I am due the honor of my key saying I was first or some other form of recognition for the achievement and fur just being such a hard core GTA fan

I guess you could say I am disappointed

(and that would be an understatement)

epacs
  • epacs

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

Got my key in the mail Friday. smile.gif

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (BixDugan @ Nov 7 2008, 22:25)
So is Rockstar just now getting around to sending these out?

Go eat one dude, Rockstar didn't have to give you a prize for having no life and completing their game to 100%, that was your choice and for them to award you should leave you thankful.

Some people in this world, I swear.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Flak_Monkey @ Nov 13 2008, 15:59)
I got my key today! biggrin.gif (UK)

Completion time: 78hrs 57min 19sec

30,486 people entered into the 100% club competition, 29,876 were disqualified for cheating.
only 610 officially made it into the 100% club, on time, without cheating.

Of those, the first 100 entrants received a key.

Congratulations to anyone else in this club.

Yeah, nice try asshole.

Here's what Rockstar had to say in the latest Propaganda email. The emphasis is mine.

We are pleased to announce that over a thousand commemorative keys and key-boxes have been mailed out to eligible members of Rockstar Games Social Club who completed 100% of Grand Theft Auto IV within the first three weeks of game release.

So you really did just pull those numbers out of your ass.

HONYCOLE313
  • HONYCOLE313

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (smgopedguy @ Nov 17 2008, 03:13)
I am so pissed...

I am the first person to enter the 100% club on the ps3 my username is it_is_me_it if you check the leader board there is a user ahead of me gsgtaivps. When I entered the club I checked his completion time for the game and basically he had the game before it was released even with the midnight launch the amount of playing time puts the account well before the release date.

So I sent the social club a message that this guy was a cheater and that he has stolen my rightful place as #1 in the world on the gta 4 leader boards.

Look at this biznitch tryin to take MY rightful place as first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users