Photo

Semi Trailer trucks

38 replies to this topic
Crown_Vic
  • Crown_Vic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Hey im new here not sure if anyones alreayd asked this, but in GTA IV can you hook the prime movers (e.g Phantom) up to the semi trailers??

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

Sorry man, but you cant.

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

I'm afraid not. sad.gif

Another great-fun-addition they took out of the bloody game.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

Dont you just love how they tease by parking the f*cking Phantom directly in front of a non-usable trailer?

PSN:FERRARI_3
  • PSN:FERRARI_3

MY PIC IS HOME. I WANT IT ON MY PS3. HURRY UP SONY!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

HAHA! BUT YOU COULD ALL BE WRONG! R* COULD BE SITTING IN SOME RETARDEDLY HUGE LEATHER CHAIR STROKING A WHITE FLUFFY CAT EVILLY LAUGHING ABOUT HOW THEY PUT IN A SECRETLY HIDDEN BUTTON PRESS AND THEY WILL ONLY GIVE IT TO 3 RANDOMLY SELECTED 100%ERS FOR CHRISTMAS!

it'll never happen but it would be cool right?

actually if that happened i'd be pretty screwed. i'm only at 71%

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos @ Nov 1 2008, 14:32)
I'm afraid not. sad.gif

It was never in the game.

You see, GTA IV is a new engine built ground up. Trailer hook up was never coded, maybe because the physics wouldn't allow it. Maybe they're fix it later down the road.

By your logic, Rockstar also took it out of GTA3 and Vice City, because it was in GTA2.

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Nov 1 2008, 14:49)
Dont you just love how they tease by parking the f*cking Phantom directly in front of a non-usable trailer?

LOL I know, first day I got the game, and discovered that place, guess the first thing I tried to do there? ...lol bast*rds!

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (sananoutlaw @ Nov 1 2008, 23:36)

LOL I know, first day I got the game, and discovered that place, guess the first thing I tried to do there? ...lol bast*rds!

x2.. lmao.. rockstar DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELL! (hits sand with fist on all fours)

WolfenDesign 3200
  • WolfenDesign 3200

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

I know how you feel sananoutlaw. I spent hours travelling around Liberty City just to find a fracking trailer that would fit the bloddy Phantom. angry.gif In recent times, I have been stealing buses and going on a Burnout-esque Road Rage. It's awsome when the engines at the back, 'cause it doesn't get damaged. tounge.gif
Back to topic, jacknifing a trailer into highway traffic would have been a nice, fun time consumer.

BTW. Hs anyone noticed how Rockstar's games are getting, well slack? Midnight Club:LA only has around 45 vehicles! sad.gif

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

lol, I know. I should have learnt my lesson there & then but the next few times I saw a trailer I thought 'ohhhh it looks a bit different, maybe this one will work.'
Even ones of a different colour lol

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (WolfenDesign 3200 @ Nov 2 2008, 10:13)
BTW. Hs anyone noticed how Rockstar's games are getting, well slack? Midnight Club:LA only has around 45 vehicles! sad.gif

Its not being slack its probably from lack of time and or money, with car models being highly detailed its only natural for them to be lower then in past games. Considering also that each one of those 45 cars are all highly customizable its not that bad.

WolfenDesign 3200
  • WolfenDesign 3200

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:20 AM

I know, but it's just when you compare it to Rockstars rivals like Electronic Arts. Believe me, I'm a loyal Rockstar fan, but I am sorry to say, Need for Speed Undercover will own it. I am actually concerned for Rockstar that eventually it's games will start to feel lacking (no need for flaming sad.gif ). I understand the detail they put into each of the 41 cars and 4 motorbikes, but you have to look around at games like Gran Turismo 5 Proluge (even GT5 with it's +900 vehicles) which manage to put even more details in each car, but still manage to fit the vehicle list of Armaggedon. cryani.gif

PS. Just becuase i wrote that does not mean I'm having a go at Rockstar. Just a bit concerned, thats all.

Crown_Vic
  • Crown_Vic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:37 AM

hahaha thanks guys, yeah its a real downer but ah well. Just imagine hooning around in a semi tanker with 6 cop stars. Just charging through the road blocks full throttle with a loaded semi. Maybe the next GTA will have that. But to the guy that said about the bus.. i agree, the bus is a weapon.

PSN:FERRARI_3
  • PSN:FERRARI_3

MY PIC IS HOME. I WANT IT ON MY PS3. HURRY UP SONY!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

jack off? lol.gif

i'm sorry but you set me up for that one.

Jimbo85
  • Jimbo85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (MichiganMuscle77 @ Nov 1 2008, 23:15)
I'm afraid not. sad.gif

You see, GTA IV is a new engine built ground up. Trailer hook up was never coded, maybe because the physics wouldn't allow it. Maybe they're fix it later down the road.

By your logic, Rockstar also took it out of GTA3 and Vice City, because it was in GTA2.

With my logic - you are a dick that likes other dicks in you.

They took it out.......!

How f*ckin hard would it be to make one of the up or down d-pad buttons (which to my knowledge do NOTHING when in a vehicle) the attach trailer button.... not too hard i would imagine. After all they managed to build an awesome city.

ps3_,man
  • ps3_,man

smugler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (WolfenDesign 3200 @ Nov 1 2008, 23:43)
I know how you feel sananoutlaw. I spent hours travelling around Liberty City just to find a fracking trailer that would fit the bloddy Phantom. angry.gif In recent times, I have been stealing buses and going on a Burnout-esque Road Rage. It's awsome when the engines at the back, 'cause it doesn't get damaged. tounge.gif
Back to topic, jacknifing a trailer into highway traffic would have been a nice, fun time consumer.

And that there's so many glitches!

sidevalve337
  • sidevalve337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (WolfenDesign 3200 @ Nov 1 2008, 23:43)

The bus is a nice road-rampage vehicle, i agree biggrin.gif and i also like using the securicar, it can take a butt load of damage, and will push cops cars onto their roof tounge2.gif and also because its smaller than the bus it's more maneuverable (naturally)

-i no this is a little off topic but i thought i'd share my opinion smile.gif

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Jimbo85 @ Nov 2 2008, 21:49)
QUOTE (MichiganMuscle77 @ Nov 1 2008, 23:15)
I'm afraid not. sad.gif

With my logic - you are a dick that likes other dicks in you.

They took it out.......!

How f*ckin hard would it be to make one of the up or down d-pad buttons (which to my knowledge do NOTHING when in a vehicle) the attach trailer button.... not too hard i would imagine. After all they managed to build an awesome city.

Jimbo, you make no sense. They can't 'take it out' if it's not there in the first place. Like MichiganMuscle said, by your logic it was 'taken out of' III and Vice.

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:09 AM

I just hope that when Rockstar makes the next GTA, they decide to go all out and do everything possible to make the game as real as they can.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE ([email protected] @ Dec 8 2009, 12:09)
I just hope that when Rockstar makes the next GTA, they decide to go all out and do everything possible to make the game as real as they can.

Yeah... I'd love to have to take regular bathroom breaks and be pulled over for traffic infringements.

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Dec 8 2009, 03:54)
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Dec 8 2009, 12:09)

Yeah... I'd love to have to take regular bathroom breaks and be pulled over for traffic infringements.

He probably means that it was possible in GTA San Andreas, like car modding, minigun, flamethrower, planes etc, but that they didn't implement something similar in IV. wink.gif

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

Think we all done that sad.gif

Heres hopping for the next GTA to have them smile.gif Only thing i liked about SA was hooking tow trucks together etc.

kid23455
  • kid23455

Typical Amerifat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:17 PM Edited by kid23455, 09 December 2009 - 01:21 PM.

yeah, I agree. Rockstar is getting very slack in their games. I mean, come on. TLAD and TBOGT were ridiciously short compared to gta 4, and TLAD introduced 6 new weapons. WHOOOOO! 6 all new crappy weapons. Yeah! That can really hold its own against gta 4s 13 weapons. And tbogt had 4 all new weapons. Yaaaay! Now I can play with 4 new weapons, and most are just remakes of gta san andreas's weapons.

Seriously, the reviewers should get off their lazy asses, and give gta a crappy rating. That would force gta to make a better game. Rockstar just sucks money out of player's pockets. Like in GAMEINFORMER, they said something about you can play drug wars, but they PREFER, to play the more "EXPLOSIVE" missions from the main characters.
Somehow, I found the drug wars much more exciting than the missions. They (The main missions) were mostly quite boring.

If you want a more classic gta game, play Saint's Row 2, its a lost like san andreas. Not citywise, but gameplay wise.
Ex. Attack planes and helicopters, ridicilous weapons like the minigun and flamethrower, gang wars.

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Wow did you just try to compare DLC to a full game? facedesk.gif

And how is it 'slack' by them?

Firstly, they totally recoded the game, hence why small features like this possibly don't work, cause they couldn't get it to work in the time frame. Remember, GTA IV got postponed a couple of times, cause they were still trying to fix stuff out.

Secondly, what did the DLC add? Stuff that was missing from IV.. Count yourself lucky you inconsiderate SR2 loving ass

J.A.G.
  • J.A.G.

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (TheBruceter @ Dec 9 2009, 13:56)
Wow did you just try to compare DLC to a full game? facedesk.gif

Worse than that, he compared GTA to Saints Row. confused.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (kid23455 @ Dec 9 2009, 08:17)
If you want a more classic gta game, play Saint's Row 2, its a lost like san andreas. Not citywise, but gameplay wise.

All other GTAs aren't like SA. So are they still called "classic" or is it just SA that's "classic" to you?

It seems obvious that Rockstar thought about trailers since you can see that truck parked right in front of one but somehow they didn't manage to implement. They couldn't have been slack because they built the engine from the ground up so maybe it's just technical or time limitations to get trailers working right. Look how trailers can go berserk in SA. Rockstar works in mysterious ways.

Dalton michael
  • Dalton michael

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:13 AM

Yea man that sh*t sux, an dontcha thing it'd be nice if rockstar would start puttuing real name brand licesncesd vehilces n the games suicidal.gif

Dalton michael
  • Dalton michael

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

no, better than SA,make it like siMs, need for speed, an GTA combined

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Dalton michael @ Jun 20 2010, 20:13)
Yea man that sh*t sux, an dontcha thing it'd be nice if rockstar would start puttuing real name brand licesncesd vehilces n the games suicidal.gif

No, that'd be God damn lazy of them to do so.

BTW, look at the date of the last post before posting.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:45 AM

just add a f*cking trailer to the truck using trainer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users