I already am. inlove.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (kamuran @ Dec 18 2009, 03:57)
Is the black guy the person who wanted to be Iron Man's side kick now War Machine?

Yeah, that black guy is War Machine confused.gif

Pretty cool trailer.

Darth Plagueis
  • Darth Plagueis

I SHALL RISE AGAIN

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Does anyone know what role hottie Olivia Munn, will be playing on Iron Man 2?

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:49 PM Edited by Minic, 21 December 2009 - 02:10 PM.

Just saw the trailer on IGN, my god it looks awesome and i just loved the back-to-back looking scene with War Machine. I cannot wait for the film to come out, which has me curious, is there a solid release date for it yet?

EDIT: I just looked at a poster and it said May 7th, my bad.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:43 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 29 December 2009 - 08:48 PM.

Uh, spoiler alert. Some dude noticed something from the latest trailer... Read on and get a big chunk of the story. Its not Darth is Luke's father big, so go ahead and read it. If this fella is right, which it looks like he damn well is, the movie plot is known.

On this forum, read. Or just look further down my post and I'll spoiler the reveal.

Now, look here and here. And read:

Tony Stark refused to join the Avengers Initiative and later, refuses to give the government the Iron Man technology. So, the government decides to insert a member of the newfound SHIELD agency, Natasha Romanova AKA Black Widow, into Stark Industries as Tony's new secretary, filling in for Pepper Potts, who took Obadiah Stane's function as CEO. Natasha steals the Mark II and the Arc Reactor blueprints, which are given to Justin Hammer. He turns the Mark II into War Machine and mass produces Arc Reactors for the Tactical Assault Drones, which, unknowingly to Natasha and the others, are part of his plan to destroy Stark.

Which would place this [movie] as occuring before The Incredible Hulk [movie] theoretically.

From a different source: "Not really any new news, she has a long history with S.H.I.E.L.D in the comics. She has taken on several different assignments for them. She eventually becomes part of the Avengers. This has been talked about a few times in interviews with Scarlett Johansson and Marvel president Kevin Feige.

I'm game.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:46 AM Edited by Slamman, 30 December 2009 - 10:51 AM.

Speaking of Avengers with Sean Connery (The Avengers, BBC), I love him acting, he has really no love lost for the acting schedule I believe, saying he'd rather play golf then act ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Shame though, real shame, no one can act in his stead!

I guess I prefer Don Cheadle as an actor, just something about his presence and delivery.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Dec 30 2009, 10:46)
Speaking of Avengers with Sean Connery (The Avengers, BBC), I love him acting, he has really no love lost for the acting schedule I believe, saying he'd rather play golf then act ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Shame though, real shame, no one can act in his stead!

Different Avengers, and Sean Connery sucks.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

... f*cking idiot.

Why he is not banned yet, I do not know.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:31 AM

I like that film though, that's the only one I had some familiarity. I don't read comics, rarely did, the only one I wanted to own is the KISS one published in their own blood, which brings me to.....

KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM (of the Park)!!!

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Dec 29 2009, 15:43)
Uh, spoiler alert. Some dude noticed something from the latest trailer... Read on and get a big chunk of the story. Its not Darth is Luke's father big, so go ahead and read it. If this fella is right, which it looks like he damn well is, the movie plot is known.

On this forum, read. Or just look further down my post and I'll spoiler the reveal.

Now, look here and here. And read:

Tony Stark refused to join the Avengers Initiative and later, refuses to give the government the Iron Man technology. So, the government decides to insert a member of the newfound SHIELD agency, Natasha Romanova AKA Black Widow, into Stark Industries as Tony's new secretary, filling in for Pepper Potts, who took Obadiah Stane's function as CEO. Natasha steals the Mark II and the Arc Reactor blueprints, which are given to Justin Hammer. He turns the Mark II into War Machine and mass produces Arc Reactors for the Tactical Assault Drones, which, unknowingly to Natasha and the others, are part of his plan to destroy Stark.

Which would place this [movie] as occuring before The Incredible Hulk [movie] theoretically.

From a different source: "Not really any new news, she has a long history with S.H.I.E.L.D in the comics. She has taken on several different assignments for them. She eventually becomes part of the Avengers. This has been talked about a few times in interviews with Scarlett Johansson and Marvel president Kevin Feige.

I'm game.

I'll try to re-rail the topic...

That's not really much of a spoiler, to be honest, though that's a good catch with that picture. At least it'll mean a lot of kabooms!

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:33 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 08 February 2010 - 12:51 AM.

So some more news here for any who want it. Got some Iron Man, Captain America, and Avengers tidbits.

Iron Man*

A fan asked Favreau via Twitter if Iron Man 2 took place before or after The Incredible Hulk. Fav tweeted: before. So unless Fav is a big, fat liar, IM2 happens prior to Hulk's shenanigans in Harlem. So at the end of the first Iron Man, Nick Fury tries to recruit Tony for S.H.I.E.L.D. At the end of IH, Tony approaches General Ross to join SHIELD. So, somewhere in between, Tony joined SHIELD. If Tony refused Nick's offer at the end of 1, I guess 2 will be all about convincing him. The news here is the chronological order.

Cap*

Director Joe Johnston was bombarded with Cap questions at his latest press junket for The Wolfman. He spilled information 'a plenty. I'll just copy-and-paste this bitch...

Villain

It's been confirmed that Red Skull will be the villain in the film. We assumed that's who it would be, but it's nice that we've got solid confirmation.

Casting

Steve Rodger's A.K.A. Captain America will definitely be played by an American actor. This is something we've heard from the very beginning, we also heard that Marvel was more interested in casting a big name actor in the role to appeal more to a world wide audience, but it sounds like Johnston has other plans. He wants to discover a complete unknown actor and surround him with bigger name actors. He’s currently testing five or six guys, “The youngest is 23, the oldest is 32. Most of the guys in the war are just kids, 18 or 19, but we want to go a little bit older.” Casting needs to be completed by March 1st 2010.

Costumes

They are actually going to explain why Captain America wears a bright red, white and blue costume in the World War II battlefields:

"After he’s made into this super-soldier, they decide they can’t send him into combat and risk him getting killed. He’s the only one and they can’t make more. So they say, ‘You’re going to be in this USO show’ and they give him a flag suit.... So he’s up on stage doing songs and dances with chorus girls and he can’t wait to get out and really fight. When he does go AWOL, he covers up the suit but then, after a few things happen, he realizes that this uniform allows him to lead. By then, he’s become a star in the public mind and a symbol. The guys get behind him because he embodies something special."

According to Johnston the costume will be very close to the classic Jack Kirby-designed outfit, but as the movie plays out he will eventually be wearing "a sturdier, more muted version that he makes himself that is more like battle togs. The stripes across his mid-section, for instance, will be straps, not colored fabric. He realizes the value of the uniform symbols but he modifies his suit and adds some armor, it will be closer to the Cpa costume in some of the comics in more recent years."

Location and Shooting Date

The film will be shot in the UK as most of the story is set in Europe. As you know it's an origin story and pretty much the whole movie set in World War II, aside from “the bookends.”  Filming starts in London at the end of June.

Visual Look

The film will be shot in 2D High Definition, with a visual style Johnston describes as “a bit different,” trying to interpret the visual style of the more recent comics “into a film in a way that I think hasn’t been tried before."

Avengers*

I've read this multiple times, and I hope its 100% legit. But, and I'm quoting this from WorstPreviews, "We previously heard that Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man will assemble in "The Avengers" to battle the Hulk who is being controlled by Loki." I've heard Hulk will be the villain a hundred times, and no one has denied it, so I'm taking that as truth. As for Loki, well it would tie Thor into the movie universe, so I'm inclined to believe that too. We'll see.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:54 PM

I'm getting so excited for all of these films, it sounds like a Marvel fanboys wet dream. Please for the love of god, don't f*ck it up.

I'm really tempted to go down and have a look around when they start filming Cap, depending on where it is. I want Cap to look like this when he goes into battle...

user posted image

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:45 AM

So, more Captain America news. Joe recently revealed that The Invaders, a WWII superteam, will be "in the entire second half."

user posted image

Who are the Invaders?

QUOTE (AllExperts)
The first team appeared in flashback stories set during World War II, and was comprised of existing characters from Timely Comics, the 1940s predecessor of Marvel, mostly appeared in All Winner Squad comic book. Originally, Captain America (Steve Rogers), his sidekick Bucky (James Barnes), the original android Human Torch ("Jim Hammond"), the Torch's sidekick Toro (Thomas Raymond), and Namor the Sub-Mariner were together as heroes opposing the forces of Nazism. When these superheroes saved the life of English Prime Minister Winston Churchill from Master Man, the thankful Churchill suggested that they should become a team, known as the Invaders.

The Invaders fought the Axis Powers over the world until eventually finding themselves in England, where they met Lord James Montgomery Falsworth, the original Union Jack. He joined the team and provided them with a base of operations in England. Eventually Falsworth's children Brian (Union Jack) and Jacqueline (Spitfire) became members. The team later added Miss America (Madeline Joyce) and super-speedster the Whizzer (Bob Frank), during a battle with the Super-Axis. Later, against the threat of the Battle-Axis, the team added the Blazing Skull and the Silver Scorpion to its roster.

Source.

Joe says the team will be 6 members strong, so it'll be interesting to see so many heroes on screen. Here are some of the Invaders' member's powers (from CHUD):

The Human Torch. No, not that one. The original Human Torch was an android who appeared in Marvel Comics #1 in 1939. At Comic Con Feige confirmed that while Fox owned the Johnny Storm Human Torch from Fantastic Four, Marvel Studios retained the android Torch. And in fact Feige used the android Torch as a way of explaining why the Marvel Universe's WWII is so distinct. Don't be too surprised if the Torch shows up. He had a sidekick named Toro, who had the exact same powers as the Torch. It may be possible that Marvel uses the Toro name to avoid confusion with the Fantastic Four character (and to make the Torch Spanish), but I think it would be great to spit in Fox's eye and use the original Human Torch.

Union Jack. I'd more or less bet money on him being on the team. In the comics, Union Jack is an older adventurer who was active in WWI. He had no superpowers but wore a bulletproof outfit and was exceptionally athletic.

Spitfire. Union Jack's daughter, Spitfire can run at superfast speeds, leaving a trail of fire behind her.

Blazing Skull. A really weird character, Blazing Skull is a guy who trained with Chinese monks and has superhuman strength and can make his tissue - just his skin and muscles! - invisible, leaving the appearance of a walking skeleton. He wears a flaming skull mask. The Blazing Skull was an American in the comics, but could easily be made into a Chinese character. The only downside is that visually he's identical to Ghost Rider.

Silver Scorpion. Another American who could be changed into a European. A woman who is a jiu-jitsu master, Silver Scorpion had a sting-ray built into her suit. Despite being called the Silver Scorpion she had a yellow costume with a red cape and blue boots. A massive redesign would be needed.

Namor, The Sub-Mariner. Incredibly unlikely, but possible. Fox, holder of the Fantastic Four characters, has Namor, but might that just be the Silver Age version? Namor actually first appeared in Marvel Comics #1, in the same issue as the android Human Torch. He was a founding member of The Invaders (which was actually called The All-Winners Squad back in the 40s), so he really belongs on the team. Of course even if Marvel does own the Golden Age version of Namor (which is essentially exactly the same as the Silver Age version), they may not want to confuse matters by using him in The First Avenger: Captain America while he might yet turn up in a rebooted Fantastic Four or his own film.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

I had read on ComicBookResource.com a year or so ago that there was a supposed Sub-Mariner movie script being written, and Dwayne Johnson has been considered for the role. That's neither here nor there, however.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:16 PM

So who's in the running for the role of Captain America? This list worries me...

QUOTE (Summary from different site)
The next bit of news is more surprising. John Krasinski's name is one of seven that are being tossed around by Marvel Studios for the role of Steve Rogers, aka Captain America. Jim Halpert as Cap? Bizarre. I don't know if I could buy that. There seems to be a groundswelling of support for Chris Pine to hold the shield, but at this point it's nothing but wishful thinking. Other names on Marvel's list? Mike Vogel (Cloverfield), Scott Porter (Caprica, Speed Racer), Michael Cassidy (Smallville), and Patrick Flueger (Brothers). There's also a slight chance of seeing Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl) or Garret Hedlund (Tron Legacy) suit up, but those are less likely than the main players listed above. But the aspect that raised my eyebrows the most? Whoever eventually scores the role has to sign a nine-film contract for potential spinoffs, cameo appearances, and team-up films (ahem, The Avengers).

Source

Christ, the actor who gets the role of Cap scores a 9-picture deal? That's not a contract, its a damn lottery ticket 9 times over.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:47 AM

Hmm now that I think of it, that's not bad. Nice. icon14.gif

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

Really cool Iron Man 2 vid. It has behind the scenes footage with actor sit-downs cut in, and a very short clip from the movie featuring Tony and Whiplash.

Here

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:37 AM

Sorry for the pouble dost...

user posted image

QUOTE (/Film)
Briefly: Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Joe Quesada has confirmed on Twitter that screenwriter Zak Penn has turned in a first draft of the big screen adaptation of The Avengers. The film currently has a release date scheduled for May 4th 2012.

I'm kinda expecting there to be a rewrite... But who knows, Penn wrote X-Men 2 and The Incredible Hulk, so that's a little encouraging.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Yes, a triple-f*cking-post. Maybe this'll get you jerks talking. Awesome new Iron Man 2 trailer, with a sh*tload of new footage.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

Holy fuuuuuuuck. I'm super stoked now!

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Looks f*cking brilliant. I want me one of those briefcase suits, oh and Scarlett too.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

Well, in sh*tty comic-to-film news, The Hollywood Reporter is reporting Chris Evans...

user posted image

Has accepted the role of, Captain America. Yes, the f*cking Human Torch from the awful Fantastic 4 movies will be playing Captain America. Ugh. I suppose its better than Jim from The Office, but still. Every word outta this dude's mouth as Cap is gonna make me cringe.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

I thought Chris Evans was the only good thing in the Fantastic 4 movies. He was good in Sunshine too. I think he'll do well.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

I drink your milkshake

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

Saw that new Iron Man 2 trailer when I went to the movies last night. Holy f*ck, I cannot wait.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:12 PM

I like Chris Evans and also thought he was a good torch in the F4 films but I’m not keen on him portraying another Marvel character, he will also be torch for me and that’s what will be in my mind whilst watching. Ah well it could have been worse I suppose!

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

Word on the street is that Hugo Weaving will be playing the Red Skull. I hope that's true.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

Holy sh*t, that'd be nazi-rific. Hey Don, if you don't like it, don't f*cking see it. like Goodfella said, he was the only redeeming quality of the Failtastic Four, and he can actually act! Basing an actor's performance off of only one role from a DOOMed (hur hur) movie franchise is p ritarded. Do you think Robert de Niro's a sh*tty actor because of Rocky and Bullwinkle?

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:10 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 24 March 2010 - 04:40 AM.

Well its pretty much the biggest thing he's done thus far, so I'm judging that. Didn't think he was too great in Cellular either, or Street Kings for that matter.

He's a good comedic actor though, I'll give him that.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:14 AM

Yeah, he was absolutely hilarious in Sunshine. Especially the part when he froze to death!

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

Dang that sucks. I'm not too keen on Chris portraying the role of another Marvel character as well. Would rather have Jim lol.

user posted image

Jon Hamm would be a really cool Captain America though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users