• papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ May 13 2009, 15:52)
QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 12 2009, 23:18)
Ugh. That sucks major ass.

But Don Cheadle is taking his place and as long as he doesn't put on an English accent I don't see the problem...

I do. Any change to actors that already have parts pisses me off.

The only time it hasn't really bothered me recently was with Rachel between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Even then... it's still a bit... ugh.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

I just really liked T. Howard for the role. Seeing Don step in just kills it for me. I was really looking forward to seeing Howard fly...

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ May 13 2009, 10:06)

But Don Cheadle is taking his place and as long as he doesn't put on an English accent I don't see the problem...

The only time it hasn't really bothered me recently was with Rachel between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Even then... it's still a bit... ugh.

Maggie Gillenhall looks like a bulldog.

But yeah, I don't really think Don Cheadle is necessarily right for the role, and thought Howard did a pretty good job. But whatever, Black Widow's in the next one.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ May 13 2009, 15:09)
QUOTE (papanesta @ May 13 2009, 10:06)

Maggie Gillenhall looks like a bulldog.

But yeah, I don't really think Don Cheadle is necessarily right for the role, and thought Howard did a pretty good job. But whatever, Black Widow's in the next one.

Gyllenhaal may not be as pretty as Katie Holmes, but at least she knows how to act. Gyllenhaal's performance was far from what some people, including me, say is the only bad part of Batman Begins. Which was Holmes' performance.

Man, I keep looking at that time line for the release of these movies, and it seems to just get further and further away.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

Umm, Kirk's dad is possibly Thor?

Link

A bit too young in my opinion. Though I do think he looks a bit Thor-ish, 616 Thor atleast. I guess if he builds himself up a bit... hrmm. I've yet to see Star Trek so am unable to comment on his acting ability.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

Well, he was pretty cheesy I thought. His role was small, but his acting was far from the best. He looked like a guy who'd be right at home playing a douchebag frat boy in a movie. But I won't officially judge him on such an intense scene. I dunno, I'd have to see more of his work.

And hey.... He's taking over Swayze's role in the Red Dawn remake. Hmmm.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake @ May 17 2009, 12:35)
He looked like a guy who'd be right at home playing a douchebag frat boy in a movie.

Haha wow. Never thought of that, now that you mention it.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:44 PM Edited by Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake, 28 May 2009 - 08:08 PM.

QUOTE (Goodfella. @ May 17 2009, 12:09)
Umm, Kirk's dad is possibly Thor?

Link

And apparently, this dude is Loki, the villain.

user posted image

He's got some big shoes to fill:

user posted image

And Iron Man director Favreau recently spoke to Empire, saying "Tony's expected to be a role model and I don't think he's ready to be one. He's under a great deal of pressure and when you're under pressure, I think you find outlets for that. That's one of the tensions of the film: it's one thing to say you're Iron Man, and another thing to actually become Iron Man."

And he hinted at Rhodey getting into the suit. “Rhodesy is definitely stepping up in this film. Let me put it this way: Tony’s not the only person with technology in the film."

And Mickey Rourke had this to say about his role as Whiplash: “It’s been really brutal, because my Iron Man suit weighs 23lb. It’s sort of a half-suit, with half my skin showing, with lots of Russian tattoos, because [Whiplash is just] out of a Russian-zone prison."

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

I just hope they don't make Whiplash look as camp as he did in the Iron Man 90s cartoon:

user posted image

I want them to go for a design more akin to this:

user posted image

Though judging by Rourke's quote, I'm guessing they're going for this approach:

user posted image

Either one will be fine in my eyes. I'm really quite psyched for the next Iron Man movie. Iron Man use to be one of my favourite cartoons growing up as a child and I believe that the film is one of the only ones that managed to do the comics (and cartoon) justice. All the actors were brilliant in their roles, and though I'm sad to see them recast Warmachine, I'm sure Cheadle will do a great job (I hope!).

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

user posted image

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

Wow, that's bold... wow.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ Jun 3 2009, 19:08)
user posted image

Thats gonna be one f*cking long ride.

I think all those movies will be great except for Thor. I just have a feeling that Thor cant work out well.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:01 AM Edited by Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake, 13 June 2009 - 03:11 AM.

I present Whiplash.

user posted image

I see orange pants, so I'm assuming this is his early suit when he breaks outta prison. Anyways, nice.

Bigger, higher-quality version here.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:49 AM

I was thinking it has to be his early suit too, surely one shot from a repulsor ray would take him out otherwise, plus there's gotta be a reason that Rhodey suits up. Though that also could be because someone needs to step in Tony's shoes if the demon in the bottle takes hold... colgate.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

Is it just me or does Rourke look more Mexican than Russian? confused.gif

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

First photo of Scarlett Johannson as Black Widow...

Link

Mmmnn.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jun 13 2009, 21:59)
Is it just me or does Rourke look more Mexican than Russian? confused.gif

He looks more like Charles Bronson to me.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:10 PM

My cousin told me they wanna cast a African American as Captain America. That's gotta be the stupidest thing i've heard in a while, and if it's true then WTF. (I'm black by the way) I was looking forward to Captain America too, so I hope it's just a rumor.

Thor is one of those comics I'm just not that into, so his movie does nothing for me. I really don't think that avengers movie is gonna work. I mean you have Ironman(cool), Incredible Hulk( dozingoff.gif ), Captain America(Please don't be black), and Thor(Viking Thunder God), and your gonna put them all together in the same world that you created in Ironman. What's the plot gonna be? Who will be the Villain? It's just all kind of far-fetched.

Captain America is coming out July 2011, huh. They might wanna change the date on that one. Green Lantern is coming out July 2011, and with Ryan Reynolds playing Hal Jordan, and DC wanting to make it the 2011 Dark Knight, it's gonna take Captain America in the Box Office each week. If they do decide to cast a black guy for Captain America just to put diversity in the Avengers, the fans are gonna be so pissed off, that they won't even touch that thing. Hopefully all this stuff get's worked out.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Goodfella. @ Jul 16 2009, 22:43)
First photo of Scarlett Johannson as Black Widow...

Link

Yeah, she's bringing the hotness. Nice. And I think Rourke looks like a pirate who's gotten a lot of sun.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:31 AM

@UrbanTheEmcee: I think the "black Captain America" rumours were just that, rumours. Apparently Will Smith was going to be taking up the mantle though I can't see that happening. Last I heard Leonardo DiCaprio was set to play
Steve Rogers, though I wouldn't quote me on that one.

As for combining the four characters together: Why not? They worked together well in the comics, and since it seems that they are staying true to the comics (at least, as far as Iron Man goes) then I don't see why The Avengers can't do the same thing. They've fought several villians over the course of their history and there's a large number of stories to draw from. I've got no doubt that it will be pretty damn impressive.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake @ Jun 13 2009, 04:01)
I see orange pants, so I'm assuming this is his early suit when he breaks outta prison. Anyways, nice.

Apparently not it seems. Apparently the finale of the movie will take place at the Monaco Grand Prix and that behind him does look like a racing circuit of some reason. Of course I could be wrong. tounge.gif

I want Jon Hamm to play Captain America.

user posted image

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jul 17 2009, 01:31)
@UrbanTheEmcee: I think the "black Captain America" rumours were just that, rumours. Apparently Will Smith was going to be taking up the mantle though I can't see that happening.

I'm guessing the rumours of a black Cap stemmed from the Isaiah Bradley character, it'll be Steve Rogers in the film though. Captain America is my most anticpated Marvel film right now.

If that is Rourke's final look the tech better do some funky sh*t when it boots up, otherwise he'd be dead in two seconds flat, plus there's gotta be a reason Rhodey suits up, right? I hope Johansson will be in the Avengers too.

Natalie Portman's been cast in Thor.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

I'm glad to see Natalie Portman in Thor. We need more attractive women who can actually act cast in these superhero roles. She might be the best love interest I've seen cast in a comic flick. Even better than Gwenyth.

And I can't believe that's Rourke at the film's end. He looks like sh*t...

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

I don't see the problem with Mickey Rourke there. I mean let's face it, in the comics Whiplash looks like a villain with a penchant for the S&M...

user posted image

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:21 PM Edited by Goodfella., 18 July 2009 - 09:56 AM.

I'm pretty sure that was a short-lived look, and not the original.... saying that I'm pretty sure Whiplash was never armoured up either. Tony being the cocky SOB that he is will probably take one look and think he'll be easy pickings, only to get his arse handed to him. Favreau knows what he's doing.

[edit]

I don't think the final battle does take place at a race circuit, as there's a new photo where Tony's out of armour in a Stark racing suit looking battered and bloody. But I dunno.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Goodfella. @ Jul 17 2009, 12:38)
Natalie Portman's been cast in Thor.

As Sif? I could see her being the Enchantress maybe, but Sif?

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Goodfella. @ Jul 17 2009, 22:21)
[edit]

I don't think the final battle does take place at a race circuit, as there's a new photo where Tony's out of armour in a Stark racing suit looking battered and bloody. But I dunno.

Could you post it/a link for us please?

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:28 PM Edited by Goodfella., 18 July 2009 - 04:32 PM.

It's actually in the link I posted previously, just scroll down a little. smile.gif

Link.

Seb, I'm not too up to date with Thor characters but superherohype says she's playing Jane Foster, the nurse Thor first falls in love with.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:42 PM Edited by Moonshield, 18 July 2009 - 04:45 PM.

Oh yeah! That makes sense, she's Donald Blake's love interest. So I guess the whole movie isn't taking place in Midgard/Asgard like I though. Any links on this info?

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

• The Precinct

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

wow.gif

Just a little synopsis, again taken from shh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users